Really enjoying Cyberpunk. Am I alone ?

+
I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. Have I experienced any bugs? Sure, but game-breaking? No. maybe it's my hardware, but the game runs fine and has never crashed. The first time a saw “V” on his motorbike T-Posed with his pants down I thought WTF. But hay patches and bug fixes will come. The game itself is totally awesome, immersive and enjoyable. Dam. I'm a rust player the games been out for 8 years and there still bugs in that.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.
The dildo should be made deployable as a hand weapon. I'd love to bludgeon an enemy to death using a rubber dildo.

Only enjoyed the prologue.. After I found out saving Royce from Militech does not earn me any respect from Maelstrom gang which they keep on shooting me just for being too near, I knew this is a shallow RPG... Not to mention other open world RPG features missing.

GTX1070 and i7-7700HQ (on a MSI GT75VR 7RE Titan) and enjoying it a lot. Really good story and characters.

Running smoothly for me too, with just one CTD and a few bugs so far. I am enjoying it, but still disappointed that it's so unfinished. There's very little to do in the open world other than the usual 'go to this icon and kill stuff'. I'm surprised by the sheer amount of missing content - Not many interesting side quests, no mini games, no racing. Not many interesting characters, items or places to discover by exploration. Hardly any clothing to buy. No real romance story. No character customisation outside of character creation. No vehicle customisation.

Even the combat settles into a predictable rhythm before long because of the dumb enemy AI and limited enemy types, so it all gets a bit repetitive because the game is, let's be honest here - very shallow.

I've mentioned it in a few threads but despite the bugs, flaws and missing content, I'm having fun.

The world and the game definitely needs more.
I'm hoping that what we have now is more like something built upon a wonky foundation.
Once they manage to stabilize the foundation, they can either build an amazing complex for us to explore or just call it quits and paint over the cracks here and there.

Time will tell. :þ

Last edited:
I am enjoying the game. I think IA in any game is not really good unless IA was the main feature in a game. GTA police I can escape easily after learning how to so it becomes more comical than being any challenge. for the hyped version I would expect it more for a sequel if they ever decide to do one 10-20 years down the road. Yes I hope they focus on this game for the next 5 years.

btw, the dildo is deployable as a hand weapon. :LOL:
photomode_19122020_131555.png

hell yeah man... ive almost completed all the side quests and gigs... havent touched the story since the heist mission... but im lvl 30 with 50 street cred xD
Post automatically merged:

80 hours of gameplay so far... 1 crash... practically no bugs
I'm reading everything, shards... quests... everything i can read... im reading it... the lore is amazing.

1608383928020.png
This postcard is in dedication to "The Watson Whore" shard.
WHAT A NIGHT!

Last edited:
Not alone. I've made one character of each type and am 70 hours in and have hundreds more to go. LOVE the game.

RTX 2070 GPU runs at 1440 with a steady 40-50 fps so performance is perfectly fine by me.

I'm critical of some of the potential downfalls the game may take with cut content or changed content, so that has me worried.

Really hoping that the NPC AI is improved, that the police responses are fixed to be more like GTA or SR3. Same with some of the mature content, clothing options, and menu's, all of which need some fixing.

I'll be playing for the next several months and seeing how the Hotfixes and patches change the game for the better or worse. Hoping for the better

btw, the dildo is deployable as a hand weapon. :LOL:View attachment 11097569
Wait, Wut?!?!? Seriously?

Guest 3847602

Not alone, of course. ;)
46 hours in, level 32, enjoying my time playing as hacker/silent assassin. Not one crash on Win 10 and only one bug worthy of mention (car I was awarded by Delamain was on its roof when I found it; loading my last qucksave was enough to resolve the issue).
Love the Night City, love the atmosphere, love the writing and I love how the stealth gameplay is working so far).
Biggest problem I have with the game is the inventory and all firearms being dumped into the same category.

I think its a beautiful game that has utterly captivated me.

I'm playing on PC with an i7 6700K and GTX 1070 with 32GB ram. Its the new Crisis in terms of how badly it hammers my hardware.

With RPGs I think its important to acknowledge where they come from - the tabletop where you agree with your friends on a system of rules to define the limits of your shared imaginary world in numbers and multiple choice scenarios. The final arbiter of the rules used to be the DM but in the computer era of role playing, the DM is the developer.

The DM determines the scope of the adventure. The more control the DM has, the more sequential the narrative has to be. The rules will have more restrictions so the adventure doesn't go off the rails. Sometimes the DM will allow players to interprete or bend the rules. Other times they will allow players to break them but you never know how the experience will play out and it becomes impossible to tell certain kinds of stories with actors who are totally unpredictable.

It is possible for a linear story and restricted rules to play out an adventure that is so grand, it is beyond my imagination and surprises me in ways I did not think possible.

There are merits to both but I don't think one is less of a roleplaying adventure than the other. It is ultimately a game of make believe and you use your imagination to fill in the gaps. This would be the general definition of an RPG as opposed to the technical one. The distinction matters because RPG is one of those terms that has multiple meanings depending on who you talk to.

So a game like SOMA to me is one which fulfills the general definition of an RPG but not the technical definition. You imagine you are man named Simon who wakes up in the 22nd century. None of your choices make a difference to the outcome of the game but all of your choices matter because they force you to confront very difficult ethical questions on what it means to be human, when a human consciousness can be copied an infinite number of times. I agonised over these decisions in game and I still think about it years after I finished playing. There are no stats and no character progression. There is no way to bend the rules of the game to change the outcome.

We use a technical definition for RPG to describe an adventure with varying degrees of branching dialogue, numbered attributes, character development in numbers etc. When exposed to the player, the DM gives us permission to affect the rules of the game and test the limits of the game world. But the degree of control the DM relinquishes is arbitrary. There is no threshold or cutoff where one game is a technical RPG and another one isn't. Its just a continuum of player experience.

We use terms like hardcore RPG and action game with RPG elements to differentiate between different types of roleplaying adventure so it is easier for us as players to find the experiences we want. Beyond this, I don't think the distinction really matters and it is easy to get into pedantry like with musical genre classification. If you can find what you want, the taxonomy of musical genres isn't important.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the game, but I'm running on a PC with reasonably good hardware, so I haven't as yet encountered the gamebreaking problems those on consoles or other PCs have run into (knocking wood that I don't run into them). Is the game perfect? Not by any means. Leaving out the bugs and other broken elements which must take priority for fixing, I am disappointed at the lack of customization for V and the removal of a lot of the background material and other elements that make an RPG a Role Playing Game. I'm still in the early portions of the game, so I'm still working on my primary romance, so I'm not going to make any critiques where romance is concerned as yet. Now for more in depth critiques:

Starting Background: Could stand for a great deal more fleshing out than the brief bits we got. My prototype V has the corpo background. This background just screams for more elaboration: CDPR could have developed relationships with your boss, his rival, the people you interact with as you proceed through the background and have those interactions come back in your V's story. i.e.: Give your V the option to either go along with your boss's plan or drop a dime on him to his rival--with repercussions that would carry into the main game. Maybe give your V a close friend or lover or rival who might figure later on down the line. I'm sure similar storylines could be used for the other two backgrounds. This alone would have added a great deal of depth to the game and pleased many of those who are disappointed by the lack of RPG elements. Something like this could be added in future updates/DLCs without affecting character progression or leveling. Hopefully, the developers will take something like this into account later on down the line. Again, primary emphasis has to be on improving the foundation. Chrome will have to wait.

Cosmetics: Again, this is something that can easily be fixed after the foundations are shored up. Should be easy to implement though. In an universe where one can go to a ripperdoc and change one's entire appearance and replace organic tissue with cybernetics, something as simple as a stylist should be a given.

AI and other Essential Game Elements: Sine Qua Non. This has to be the first priority and understandably so--and I can see consoles taking first priority here as those systems seem to be the most affected. Once this is brought under control, then the other elements can be fixed and/or added in.

Conclusion: As the game stands now, I am enjoying it (even with the bugs which as often as not are more humorous for me than anything else), but yes, it could be better--much better--and it is my hope that it will get better. If I were to give it an honest rating, as of now, I'd have to give it a 75 to 77 out of 100 rating. Implement the vital game fixing improvements and the score goes up to a B- to B+ game in the 80s. Put in the game fixes AND the missing RPG and cosmetic elements, and the game goes into the 90s. The ball's in CDPR's court now--here's hoping they deliver. What they do in the next six months will determine whether this game remains on my hard drive or is deleted after I finish one or two playthroughs.

I love the setting and on ultra with rtx medium the city is super beautiful and nearly never noticed bugs. But I have a hard time immersiv into it.

I am happy that you guy enjoy it. For me it seems a hard time.

Top Bottom