Choices matters ?

+
Right, there's pretty much no real choices in the game. There's a couple right near the end to pick your ending... but that's mostly it.

Any choices generally affect dialogue slightly (like someone thanking you or calling you a jerk) and can affect payouts. But they don't change the game or the story at all.

Really your choices are "do stuff" or "not do stuff". Everything is linear and will drag you down the exact same route as everyone else.

This is exactly same situatiom we got in 2012 with Mass Effect 3 - three colours been replaced by 4 dialogue lines.
Seriously CDPR why you didn't learn that lesson ?

Shocking. Hard to blame people that they are comparing this game to GTA V.

At least here story is good; people can like it or not (the sadness of the ending) but ME3 ending was crap and they destroy all good premises about reapers and dark energy and all the lovecraftian feelings of the enemies in ME1/2. And the holo-boy... God...

Maybe story is good, but replayability value is 0.
This was done by the guys who made Witcher 3, where one small choice in the mid of the game could change so much later (The Whispering Hillock quest or Ciri visiting /not visiting Emhyr for example).

I don't get it.

In general as someone who finished the main quest plus everyother side quest the choices don't matter. The only choice that impacts the game is what ending you pick nothing else. Everything what you do is pretty much linear and meaningless untill the very end. It has absolutely no impact on the surrounding world.

Don't matter - choose lifestyle doesn't matter - only at the end it matters--everything else is PR and Smoke Grenades. It's an Shooter. Point. Even Shooters nowadays got skill trees and you can't sit eat smoke or do something in clubs. So it's just pushing you the line down to the ending with some fetch kill quests aside. :shrug:

Don't matter - choose lifestyle doesn't matter - only at the end it matters--everything else is PR and Smoke Grenades. It's an Shooter. Point. Even Shooters nowadays got skill trees and you can't sit eat smoke or do something in clubs. So it's just pushing you the line down to the ending with some fetch kill quests aside. :shrug:
yeah, one of my bigger disappointments is that Life Paths were said to matter so much, having an impact on the game but in reality its a glorified intro quest.

yeah, one of my bigger disappointments is that Life Paths were said to matter so much, having an impact on the game but in reality its a glorified quest.

Played Corpo and after the "After 6 Months" Thing - very bad choice would have made it act 1- V is more Gangsta than corpo. Can't align with other Corpos. Wanted romance the hot corpo woman, had sex the way it should be in my opinion and *puff* - thanks that was it.. Nothing. Sad. Really really sad.

Played Corpo and after the "After 6 Months" Thing - very bad choice would have made it act 1- V is more Gangsta than corpo. Can't align with other Corpos. Wanted romance the hot corpo woman, had sex the way it should be in my opinion and *puff* - thanks that was it.. Nothing. Sad. Really really sad.

Yea, to me it felt more like I was playing Street Kid even thought I went Corpo too. The only thing Life Paths add is sometimes you get 1 additional dialogue option nothing else. You still end up like a generic merc no matter who you start as.

Where are the people who made meaningful choices in W1 (Village or Vodyanoi, Scoiatel or Order etc), W2 (best example Act2 Iorveth or Roche) or W3 ?

They got money, they got time and they got right people to do that - so where did it go wrong ?

About "origins" - what a waste ! Dragon Age 1 around 12 years ago made it so much better.

Maybe story is good, but replayability value is 0.
This was done by the guys who made Witcher 3, where one small choice in the mid of the game could change so much later (The Whispering Hillock quest or Ciri visiting /not visiting Emhyr for example).

I don't get it.

That's a matter of opinion: personally, a good and strong story is what makes a game replayable for me.
I (re)played PC games dozens of times, with or without real choices. They indeed should adjust gameplay and expand (main) quests with DLC or free content, but as I rewatch the 10 hours of The Lord of the RIngs or the 3 alien movies because I like their stories (even if I know the endings), I can say that the same apply here for me.
I can say this
7/10 for gameplay and immersion (8/10 if you don't expect a lot of interaction or to break what the game offer truly)
9.5/10 for the story

Where are the people who made meaningful choices in W1 (Village or Vodyanoi, Scoiatel or Order etc), W2 (best example Act2 Iorveth or Roche) or W3 ?

They got money, they got time and they got right people to do that - so where is go so wrong ?

About "origins" - what a waste ! Dragon Age 1 around 12 years ago made it so much better.

My thoughts exactly. W3 had a set end goal but the journey there had so many different paths. Here it's only 1 path and 3 semi-different endings. Don't get me even started on W2 that's pretty much 2 games bundled as 1

Yea, to me it felt more like I was playing Street Kid even thought I went Corpo too. The only thing Life Paths add is sometimes you get 1 additional dialogue option nothing else. You still end up like a generic merc no matter who you start as.

Jeah and you can't connect to the other Corpos to maybe take down you older boss. Like romance the miltech lady and work for them getting back in the corpo feeling. But no.. You stick with gangsta and can't even play bad or heartless. It's just like V is a glass for silver hand and the player shouldn't get attached to him. Seriously V is a little whiny schoolboy sometimes. (punch the glass - wow so highly emotional *sarcasm*)

Jeah and you can't connect to the other Corpos to maybe take down you older boss. Like romance the miltech lady and work for them getting back in the corpo feeling. But no.. You stick with gangsta and can't even play bad or heartless. It's just like V is a glass for silver hand and the player shouldn't get attached to him. Seriously V is a little whiny schoolboy sometimes. (punch the glass - wow so highly emotional *sarcasm*)
Yea, I had that impression too when I was playing the game that is not so much about V as it is about Silverhand. Kinda feels like the game direction changed somewhere in developement to focus more on Johny. Also replay value is really low for what we were promised.

That's a matter of opinion: personally, a good and strong story is what makes a game replayable for me.
I (re)played PC games dozens of times, with or without real choices. They indeed should adjust gameplay and expand (main) quests with DLC or free content, but as I rewatch the 10 hours of The Lord of the RIngs or the 3 alien movies because I like their stories (even if I know the endings), I can say that the same apply here for me.
I can say this
7/10 for gameplay and immersion (8/10 if you don't expect a lot of interaction or to break what the game offer truly)
9.5/10 for the story
For me it's the ending that kills all replayability. This is a story i'm fine experiencing once, have no desire going through the same emotional rollercoasted just to be left in the deepest of lows.

Top Bottom