The lack of 3rd person view

+
I enjoy the game being in 1st person and I usually hate 1st person games..tho I would like some 3rd person cut scenes..like when purchasing clothes and let us view them on ourselves before we decide if we want it and maybe 3rd person sex and shower (i know, pervert..but this game was made adults in mind)..switch between 1st and 3rd person riperdoc surgery..thats just my opinion

The lack of a 3rd person view is the main reason I didn't buy the game, the other is the lack of actual RP elements.

If a mod gets released that enables 3rd person camera at least for exploration and maybe melee combat, I'll probably get the game regardless of it's limited world interaction/RPG elements. But as it currently stands, the game is not for me unfortunately.

It would be easier to just use photomode. Yes you can't navigate but you can have much better camera controls

Yeah basically when in first person mode your V is just a body with a camera as their head. I noticed this when my V was flatlined at times. He just lied there, without a head lol. When you open photomode, the game does a quickload to create their head so that you can see them as a full person. Sometimes in photomode when you zoom in to their torso area up to the neck, you can see a line that marks the area of V's head that's going to be replaced with a camera when you go back into first person mode.

head or not, I atleast made my V visible in the raytraced reflections. Headless V still better than invisible vampire V in my oppinion. Heck I would probably even play headless V third person too if given the option.

They need to add a full third person perspective mode for this game. The could make it work.

Attachments

• 8EB1DF91-58FF-4F4D-BFCE-A2D5023859FD.jpeg
    8EB1DF91-58FF-4F4D-BFCE-A2D5023859FD.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 99735B21-3C56-493B-A30F-39A9A2503C0C.jpeg
    99735B21-3C56-493B-A30F-39A9A2503C0C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 4E4B6EBC-9786-476C-9062-84EC7EEDE763.jpeg
    4E4B6EBC-9786-476C-9062-84EC7EEDE763.jpeg
    921.2 KB · Views: 112
  • B6D01F4F-7432-4F04-8A9D-9F6A64B85DB5.jpeg
    B6D01F4F-7432-4F04-8A9D-9F6A64B85DB5.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 103
  • 0007CF69-62E9-4239-AEFF-90490E39E94C.jpeg
    0007CF69-62E9-4239-AEFF-90490E39E94C.jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 91
They need to add a full third person perspective mode for this game. The could make it work.

Don't do this to me. I barely got over the fact it was FP-only.

As for the OP - That's actually the kind of bug I like to see. As long as it's just a fluke and not something that happens all the time.

That is true. I'm really curious about the future of the game. I hope it will be a positive one.

So do I, if CDPR pulls itself together and gets the ball running on getting the game where it was supposed to be AND releases good tools for modders, this could be the next Skyrim.

I don't think they'd ever bother making it third person apart from if someone makes a mod. I think it'd probably look kind janky because the game is made with first person perspective so all the animations would need reworked because you basically only see your hands unless you look down, even using photo mode while jumping, the pose they end up in would look so over the top in first person with the stretch of the arms are legs, noticeable in shadows too

I don't think they'd ever bother making it third person apart from if someone makes a mod. I think it'd probably look kind janky because the game is made with first person perspective so all the animations would need reworked because you basically only see your hands unless you look down, even using photo mode while jumping, the pose they end up in would look so over the top in first person with the stretch of the arms are legs, noticeable in shadows too

You are seriously underestimating modders.

The character is 1st person is not designed to be used in 3rd person obviously. Now the amount of work to make it 3rd person is out of reach for a modder but can be done by cdpr.
They would need to do what they do when you enter a vehicle, basicaly switch for a 3rd person model of your character. All the animations already exist as they are used for the npc.
Now what I really would like, but would be more more difficult to do, would be to have v having reflection in 1st person.
The people complaining about the lack of immersion actually in my opinion feel a disconnect because they can not see themselves outside some controlled environment like mirror mode and photo mode.
The issue is that the most straithforward solution, to just unlock reflection for v, couldnt work because the 1st model is a headless monster.

I really want 3rd person as a feature in this game. Not only would it show off the amazing texture work and artistry of all the clothes, but it would make melee combat (atleast to me) more fun and engaging. Since I play this on a base PS4 slim, I cannot adjust FOV. Sometimes I'd start swinging my sword and accidentally hit an explosive barrel causing an instant death. I wouldn't think it was so bad, just avoid them. Problem is there everywhere on any given level with enemies. I guess it makes for more engaging fire fights, but having to reload a save because you hit an explosive barrel that you didn't see isn't fun for me, sorry.

Top Bottom