The game is too easy and every build becomes OP way too fast.

+
Even on very hard difficulty you one hit kill everything by level 11 with most builds, and all builds become OP on very hard by level 20, sooner if you focus on damage perks.

- Handgun one hit kills everything in the game with headshot/crit modifiers from stealth.
- Shotgun is so overpowered that even if you had 0 perks in the game with 0 attributes invested, you can kill people with a single shot by using one that has burn damage on it, and putting on a status effect mod for increased chance. The burn does thousands of damage nd kills everything on very hard ignoring their stats, allowing you to kill enemies who are "very hard" on the map.
- Tech weapons not only one hit kill everything on very hard, but they also shoot through walls and the AI is too dumb to be able to do anything against it. Seriously you don't even need ANY perks to clear a quest with tech weapons. You can have 0 perks invested in shotgun and use a tech shotty and still kill everything easily.. Don't even get me started on tech rifles.
- Both Blunt & Blade builds instakill everything on very hard. Heck I been killing bosses in 3 seconds by level 10 on very hard.. A good portion of their perks don't even work and yet they're still OP.
- Quickhacks are bad at first, but if you rush for being able to craft epic/legendary quickhacks then it's GG, you can kill entire building of people in less than 10 seconds without even going inside.
- You can just stack armor mods on all your clothing to reduce damage significantly. Thousands of armor.

Only way to give yourself a challenge past level 15 is to not run any perks while avoiding tech weapons, shotguns and any weapon that can burn/bleed enemies. Also you have to avoid using armor mods and make sure you never equip any legendary/epic weapons. Because heck the legendary/epic weapons kill things so easily even without perks invested in them. Oh and make sure you don't equip a legendary cyberdeck.

You basically have to not play the game, to be challenged.

Yup, it's absolutely hilarious how people think that AI is the problem and not the fact that you can kill everyone in sight before the they can react lol

Even on very hard difficulty you one hit kill everything by level 11 with most builds, and all builds become OP on very hard by level 20, sooner if you focus on damage perks.

- Handgun one hit kills everything in the game with headshot/crit modifiers from stealth.
- Shotgun is so overpowered that even if you had 0 perks in the game with 0 attributes invested, you can kill people with a single shot by using one that has burn damage on it, and putting on a status effect mod for increased chance. The burn does thousands of damage nd kills everything on very hard ignoring their stats, allowing you to kill enemies who are "very hard" on the map.
- Tech weapons not only one hit kill everything on very hard, but they also shoot through walls and the AI is too dumb to be able to do anything against it. Seriously you don't even need ANY perks to clear a quest with tech weapons. You can have 0 perks invested in shotgun and use a tech shotty and still kill everything easily.. Don't even get me started on tech rifles.
- Both Blunt & Blade builds instakill everything on very hard. Heck I been killing bosses in 3 seconds by level 10 on very hard.. A good portion of their perks don't even work and yet they're still OP.
- Quickhacks are bad at first, but if you rush for being able to craft epic/legendary quickhacks then it's GG, you can kill entire building of people in less than 10 seconds without even going inside.
- You can just stack armor mods on all your clothing to reduce damage significantly. Thousands of armor.

Only way to give yourself a challenge past level 15 is to not run any perks while avoiding tech weapons, shotguns and any weapon that can burn/bleed enemies. Also you have to avoid using armor mods and make sure you never equip any legendary/epic weapons. Because heck the legendary/epic weapons kill things so easily even without perks invested in them. Oh and make sure you don't equip a legendary cyberdeck.

You basically have to not play the game, to be challenged.
Good points. Finished game on Very Had and around lvl 20 I was already in God mode as a Netrunner. Then switched to a Tech shotgun Rambo and same thing. Game is simply too easy and the enemy AI does not help. Also there are no Bosses in the game! like there are but in reality they are glorified enemy's. Biggest dissapointment for me was deafeting the last "Boss" in the game in about 10 sec on "Very Hard" I mean what a step back from W3 Blood and Wine. Hell not even a step back a entire marathon backwards.

Yup, it's absolutely hilarious how people think that AI is the problem and not the fact that you can kill everyone in sight before the they can react lol

It's both. If you make any kind of sniper, tech or quickhack build you very quickly find that enemies simply have no way of responding to attacks that happen from extreme distance or through walls. They just stand there and let themselves get killed off one by one.

The bottom line is that this game is way too easy because the enemies are playing a regular tactical shooter while you're playing with wallhacks and aimbots.

I think one way to balance tech guns is to give it a fall off damage. The further the target is, the less damage it deals, and even less if you shoot through obsticles. Maybe allow it to penetrate only 1 initial obsticle and not more?

For hacking imnho manual jacking in should be a requirement eithr though a guarded access point or a tackled enemy.

Preach it! These things need to be addressed if we want cyberpunk to not just be a good story rpg (cdpr is great at that) but also a good action/shooter and open world game.

But it is understandable given we have a studio specializing in the afore mentioned rpg story genre making their first foray into FPS with a massive open world setting on top of it - with other modern games specifically in those genres already setting a high bar either in action or open world exploration. So of course these things probably needed to be tweaked and refined over months of tests and feedback.
Post automatically merged:

Also yeah 5 things have to be changed:

1.) health stims have to have a fall off affect or cooldown
2.) damage multipliers to crit / stacking probably have to be looked at and adjusted down (not be so stackable)
3.) Enemy ai needs to be smarter, - go for more strategic flanking and surrounding the player character. I always get the feeling I am going up against individual thugs rather than coordinated units at this point I always wish all enemies had a instant "hook and grapple" ability to reposition anywhere they want instantly (of course taking an action point while doing so to get into better positions to annoy the player fast)
4.) tech weapon damage through obstacles should have fall-off that's a great idea
5.) hack blocking/ counter hacking should be a thing

oh and probably more dynamic boss enemies.

Hopefully

Last edited:
I feel the game is kinda easy even on hardest difficulty but what I think have to change is the enemy AI. The way they fight and react is not good. I dont like bullet sponge things.

I think the game needs better enemy variety and level design. I don't just mean just changing the way an enemy looks but the way you fight them.

- Some enemies deserve immunities. That way you can't just spam the same OP strategy on all enemies, and it will require you to change weapons.
- An enemy with armor that protects him from tech weapons
- An enemy that is immune to certain quickhacks.
- Better level design where some fortified buildings can't be pierced with tech weapons.
- Better traps & security so melee build has to actually think before they move zerg a building.
-Enemy with a shield that can protect it from tech weapons, melee hits. You have to shoot around the shield or wait till he puts it down to give you an opening. Also grenades are an option, stealth is an option. If you are going to raid a place you might want to kill that guy first before everyone gets alerted because it will be harder to deal with him when lots of people are attacking you.
- Adding leaders to every group of enemies that have their own specialized stats, kill these guys first otherwise the fight will be really hard taking them on and everyone else together.
- Bosses should not just be mindless sacks of meats that just rush you or shoot at you. How about one that summons a bunch of drones to attack you from different directions?

This game lacks variety in enemy behavior and design. It just seems like a lot of things haven't had much thought put into them, the perk system seems like a lot of perks were put there just to market the game without caring about the consequence to how much it'd break the game.

As you progress through the game, the types of enemies you face are mostly the same. (With some robots here and there)
Yet, you're learning all these new skills that the enemies can't keep up with the players progression, as the only thing enemies are getting is just more damage and armor. So the game gets easier every time you add a perk or get a better weapon.

I think one way to balance tech guns is to give it a fall off damage. The further the target is, the less damage it deals, and even less if you shoot through obsticles. Maybe allow it to penetrate only 1 initial obsticle and not more?

For hacking imnho manual jacking in should be a requirement eithr though a guarded access point or a tackled enemy.

Or better yet, how about giving certain NPCs a way for them to guard against tech weapons such as sniper rifles? sort of like, the moment you aim the gun at their head, their software will register an incoming threat, and warn the NPC to seek immediate action.

It is cyberpunk after all, why not equip some of your enemies accordingly ?

Or better yet, how about giving certain NPCs a way for them to guard against tech weapons such as sniper rifles? sort of like, the moment you aim the gun at their head, their software will register an incoming threat, and warn the NPC to seek immediate action.

It is cyberpunk after all, why not equip some of your enemies accordingly ?
Could be done. Though i feel in large the whole feel of sniping/assasinating someone is being defeated if the enemy is aware of it.
But I actually have almost no experience with these kind of games so I have no point of reference. I'm sure more experienced/veteran players, game designers can come up with better solutions.
All we can do is call attention to it.

A big thing with tech weapons would be to only allow them to pierce ONE obstacle. So basically if it hits a wall the first time it keeps travelling, but when it hits a wall the second time it stops, same as any other bullet. That would instantly eliminate the whole thing where you don't even have to remotely understand the layout of a level as long as you can find a single pingable object.

Secondly the Ping quickhack should only show enemies when it's used against an enemy. When used against an object it should only highlight objects. That right there would also eliminate all of the worst cheese that comes with attacking through walls, because you would at the very least have to keep one enemy within line of sight to be able to kill enemies through walls without ever even having to lay eyes on them for marking.

I keep hoping they've accidentally disabled half the challenge systems or something.

It's tremendously hard to believe they ever tested this game with a decent build on higher difficulty levels. [...]

I keep hoping they've accidentally disabled half the challenge systems or something.

It's tremendously hard to believe they ever tested this game with a decent build on higher difficulty levels. [...]
People are suspecting they did have a different version of this game but scrapped a bunch of concepts and had to rush this version out in a short amount of time. Such as monowire isn't anything like how it was in the trailers. And you used to be able to jack directly into people. Now all you have to do is just look at them and to make things worse, Legendary ping lets your quickhacks work through walls.

I'm going to start a new game and do perkless run, common guns only, no tech/shotty. Maybe then the game will be hard.

People are suspecting they did have a different version of this game but scrapped a bunch of concepts and had to rush this version out in a short amount of time. Such as monowire isn't anything like how it was in the trailers. And you used to be able to jack directly into people. Now all you have to do is just look at them and to make things worse, Legendary ping lets your quickhacks work through walls.

I'm going to start a new game and do perkless run, common guns only, no tech/shotty. Maybe then the game will be hard.

I've tried playing it 3 different times and I just can't make it challenging. I mean, sure, I could have no perks and use no weapons - but that's not much fun.

It's not just the AI that's broken - it's the damage curve and formulae. The math is all wrong once you reach a certain stage.

Clearly, something happened during late development - and who is to say what was planned and what they're going to do.

But they've had two weeks to re-implement removed systems, and the next patch won't be for at least a month. So, I don't think it's a simple remedy.

Likely, this will never be what it was supposed to be. Even if it they end up adding competent balance - it will be at least 6 months - if not more.

No, I will have to make my peace with this game not being for me. I even planned my entire christmas vacation around it - but there's no real way to enjoy it.

I'm too much of a mechanics/progression guy - and while the writing is good, it's just not enough for me.

Right i feel you should have to grab the player and plug in to hack simple line of sight hacking is way to easy.

They could always just jack up the damage and make getting armor the struggle to not get one shot.:)

3.) Enemy ai needs to be smarter, - go for more strategic flanking and surrounding the player character. I always get the feeling I am going up against individual thugs rather than coordinated units at this point I always wish all enemies had a instant "hook and grapple" ability to reposition anywhere they want instantly (of course taking an action point while doing so to get into better positions to annoy the player fast)
oh and probably more dynamic boss enemies.

I've also had issue were A.I. (during GIGs or side quests) spawn on me randomly or not spawn at all, just hear them screaming in the background but couldn't find the enemy.

hacking would be way less broken and cheesy if the moment you hacked enemies would instantly ping you and run to where you are at.

hacking would be way less broken and cheesy if the moment you hacked enemies would instantly ping you and run to where you are at.
Hacking is so broken that even if they did that it wouldn't save them. With the perk that increase spread distance by 2 times, with the cyberdeck that increase distance by 60%. You can hit someone with poison 2 floors below the person you targeted and the damage gets so high later that 2 ticks kills them. And with ram cost reduction perks ultimate hacks are so cheap.

This is the sad state of this game, it's not just 1 or 2 things that need to be changed. The entire system needs to be overhauled for it to be even remotely challenging. Damage is too high, the perks are too powerful making your hacks cost practically nothing. Legendary perks are busted, can use quickhacks through walls. They have quickhacks that are literal instant kills and a deck that makes them AOE. The aoe is too massive, enemy AI doesn't know what to do. The list goes on and on and that's JUST quickhacks. There's a long list of cheese tactics for every weapon and build in this game. These issues can't be fixed with a small patch, they'd have to do something drastic.

By drastic I mean you erase the whole perk tree, and put those perks into modifiers that go on top of weapons. So you have a contagion quickhack, but there's like 50 different variants of contagion, one might have a cost reduction, another might have bigger AOE. Instead of this perk system that gives you everything making it incredibly busted. Even then that's not enough, AI, enemy variety.. so much must be changed.

@DKDArtagnan is right, I'm gonna have to make my peace with this game also, there's no way they're going to fix this.

Top Bottom