So much wonderful clothing ... that we can't buy or find

+
You're not alone here. This is a massively disappointing part of the experience for me...it's almost worse that the clothing is being dangled and teased in front of you when all you're stuck with are your legendary trash bags. This is such a massive oversight / missing feature that I cannot forgive.

Well not sure if this is a bug or not but the clothes I have stashed in my apartment during the game updated at some point to my current level such as Vs set, and the others I liked and stashed away. I'm basically trying to collect an entire wardrobe >.< as I play, at least one of every kind, and then replace it when I get a higher class of it.

Like I said though, I stashed my clothes and weapons... went around, did some missions reloaded etc and apparently everything in the stash updated to my lvl when I retuned.

Feel like there's no way to have both stats and a good look in this game lol. I'm dressed like an homeless person.

Yep... Hate the look of most hats, most of the time I just end up wearing the bandage outfit you wind up with...
Hope they add a "show hat" toggle
Or at least add more outfits.
All I've found are the cyber suits and the bandage outfit.

I might be tripping but i think they might have fixed shops..im seeing shit ive never seen before after 1.05

i just discovered Jinguji and YEAH i absolutely love their clothes! the button ups, the vests, the jackets, just in absolute heaven. fem v looks SO good. although i was floored on why we could make a comment on why the front desk person needed to lose weight. but yeah definitely will be saving that map for later!

So I started a 3rd playthrough...glutten for punishment. Anyway after getting into act 2 my level 9 V goes to the shop wtf lets see what crap they have. He had 4 legendary bps...my 2nd playthrough is 80hrs never seen one. So i figured fkk maybe the patch did something log onto my other V and boom theres decent boots in the shop and the stock seems alot larger...BUT no legendary bps. Load back into lvl9 shop restocked...

Why is my level 9 getting access to legendarie BPs and a 50 only sees epics at best.

not to mention that NPCs drop clothing that they aren't wearing...

That struck me as odd to. I know it's standard game logic to have to loot table divorced from what the character is wielding, but now we have this odd mix where they drop the weapon they're wielding, but then the clothing is just random, seemingly rolled from a faction based loot table. I don't hate it really, but I do find it odd.

So I started a 3rd playthrough...glutten for punishment. Anyway after getting into act 2 my level 9 V goes to the shop wtf lets see what crap they have. He had 4 legendary bps...my 2nd playthrough is 80hrs never seen one. So i figured fkk maybe the patch did something log onto my other V and boom theres decent boots in the shop and the stock seems alot larger...BUT no legendary bps. Load back into lvl9 shop restocked...

Why is my level 9 getting access to legendarie BPs and a 50 only sees epics at best.

Those prices are killing me. 20k for stupid blueprint and Quadra 66 Avenger costs 55k.

All of those items were buyable/lootable before 1.05.

Then my save must be bugged...because I have never seen anything like that in my longer playthroughs and still don't have legendarie bps populating in my stores.

It's either tied to your level, your street cred or your Cool stat, or a mixture of all three. Perhaps even your Night City Legend progression. Over time the number of items increases and then the variations of those items also increase. Im level 32, street cred 50, 75% NC progression and cool 10 and I'm still finding new stuff, but I've certainly seen all those things already (most recently today, Bolero style outerwear and strapless bustiers have been showing up where I hadn't seen them before).
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg

You're not alone here. This is a massively disappointing part of the experience for me...it's almost worse that the clothing is being dangled and teased in front of you when all you're stuck with are your legendary trash bags. This is such a massive oversight / missing feature that I cannot forgive.
The future Online Store will come to your rescue soon enough.

There is a lot of clothing out there, which makes depending on RNG a problem.

The simplest fix to help variety is to make sure each store has completely unique visuals for their gear (maybe 2 stores in the same part of town have overlap). This would push a lot more designs out into the player's realm. Even if stores worked the same way (ie there is still an RNG element) it should increase the diversity.

The more complicated fix would be to make Crafting the route to glam customisation. Get a blue print and as part of building it get to choose from the available appearance options for that style - eg get a blue print for a tank top and when you make it get a menu of appearances you can choose for that tank top. This would increase the value of blue prints and crafting at the same time.

The number one thing I want to find, but haven't are true thigh boots. I see plenty of NPCs wearing them, both civilians and hostiles, but have yet to see anything above a knee boot.

@Irnubins I'm very jealous of that bolero I spent hours on my first play through looking for something like that.
Post automatically merged:

Oh it would also be great if hats didn't have their own hair styles.

Change hat, change hair.

Why I'm not using a hat this time.

Last edited:
There is a lot of clothing out there, which makes depending on RNG a problem.

The simplest fix to help variety is to make sure each store has completely unique visuals for their gear (maybe 2 stores in the same part of town have overlap). This would push a lot more designs out into the player's realm. Even if stores worked the same way (ie there is still an RNG element) it should increase the diversity.

The more complicated fix would be to make Crafting the route to glam customisation. Get a blue print and as part of building it get to choose from the available appearance options for that style - eg get a blue print for a tank top and when you make it get a menu of appearances you can choose for that tank top. This would increase the value of blue prints and crafting at the same time.

The number one thing I want to find, but haven't are true thigh boots. I see plenty of NPCs wearing them, both civilians and hostiles, but have yet to see anything above a knee boot.

@Irnubins I'm very jealous of that bolero I spent hours on my first play through looking for something like that.
Post automatically merged:

Oh it would also be great if hats didn't have their own hair styles.

Change hat, change hair.

Why I'm not using a hat this time.

I found the first batch of them in Pacifica, try the stores there and if not, hunting Animals or Voodoo Boys.

With the item lists having been mined and relatively easily spawnable on PC, I can definitively say that there is a ton of clothing the NPCs wear that you can't get for the player. The general trend is that if its Joytoy/Mox fashion, has a backpack, or has emissive fake light (except a few eyewears), it isn't likely to be available for the player.... then there's just a few outfits you can't get just randomly, like they forgot to itemize it. Big category of missing clothes is the joytoy/mox fashion. I thought maybe they didn't want to add a lot of extra female only clothing... but then I see lots of male NPCs wearing it, so that's not it. Modders will fix it for PC eventually. Console is just...well... console.

Top Bottom