This is a barebones RPG. Someone had to say it.

+
As a Big Single Player RPG Fan for the last 20 years, This is not the worst RPG but definitely needs work. We all know this was rushed and story was cut. I have faith it can be fixed and the end product we will have a year from now will be just as memorable as Witcher 3. Not to mention the modding community will add alot.

Now as someone who only based my expectations off things that were shown in the gameplay trailers as actual possible gameplay options/possibilities, the game is fine. I have around 50 hours. This post is NOT about the technical/performance issues. that deserves its own thread and there is plenty of them.
But Lets face it, this is not the RPG a lot of us hoped for. it appears that a lot has been removed and the world interactivity and AI just feels bland.
I have been somewhat a fanboy over the last few months and had very strong faith in CDPR, but I'm certainly not a blind follower... This game has let me and a lot of others down in the RPG side of things. They either got overwhelmed with their original plan and scrapped elements to make the date, or its due to them settling for a more cinematic experience halfway through and went with the "Action/Adventure" tag that it is now touted as.

Feel free to add anything else that I've missed or that other games (some over a decade old) have done or done better.
I don't believe these are ridiculous requests or expectations for and RPG
  • Character creation = Huge let down. don't deny it. and this isn't even me having huge expectations. Basic RPGs have had greater variety. No body sliders even JUST for things like making your character thinner, fatter or more jacked? I mean c'mon. Even GTA SA let you get jacked. it seems like they really focused on trivial things to build hype(looking at you genital customisation), rather than meaningful stuff that really lets you make your character an individual and like yourself.
  • Where is the consequence to decisions? the life paths practically converge into the same story, and most quests end the same/similar way to if you load back and go with different choices/dialogue options. i feel literally no weight in my decisions and dont feel like i need to think before making one.
  • Which brings me to missions not having Variable outcomes/very similar endings. it seems as though the Maelstrom mission with an apparent "7 different outcomes" was the only of this nature and was made simply as marketing hype to say "our game is an RPG and missions have different endings!!" i mean Deus Ex excelled in this regard. i actually had to think about how i executed the mission as it may bite me in the behind down the track.
  • Getting new Cyberware is Severely underwhelming. Changing out bodyparts and literally giving up parts of your humanity and body is like swapping out a mod on a gun. *click* and thats it, only cutscenes we got were for the Palm and eye upgrades which were part of the story. Cmon, not even a small cut scene that then fades to black?
  • Street Cred means nothing but more to buy. there is no reaction to your supposed legendary status in the game world. gangs still shoot you on site when they should be terrified of you in a John Wick kind of way. Skyrim, Fallout and Mass Effect NPC's react accordingly if youre a good or bad person, accomplished certain legendary feats/quests etc. you truly make a name for yourself in those games.
  • No lore friendly/interactive Fast travel? god even just being able to walk onto the trains and keeping it basic would have been nice.
  • No Barber? No Tattoo parlour? Give me a break. No change to your character after leaving the character creation is a joke. for a game that is all about creating your own merc and body modding being so prevalent in NC, it does not feel that way.
  • No colour modding of your clothing. Found a cool Trench coat? No worries! but you've gotta have it in Fluro pink!!!
  • No Finishers/animations in combat??? it has really cool things like the ground cracking when you fall from height (really cool but buggy too) but cant add finishers to combat? only ones I've seen is 2 with Katana and JUST 1 with Mantis blades and that is it. Skyrim, The Chronicles of Riddick (Old AF now) even The Witcher 3 had combat finishers with Weapons and hand to hand combat. especially with Melee and hand to hand combat being such a big thing, you'd think they'd have added this
  • Where are the mini-games? Wheres the BD's? its a story continuation tool and thats it. i mean what happened to going into a bar and doing some cool mini activities those kinds of places?
  • The "wait" function does nothing but change the position of the sun lmao. actually try it. nothing changes in front of you or in the world full stop, it just moves the sun and lets you start a mission a tad sooner.
  • Cluttered Mini-map and general world map that strait up gives you everything without barely needing to explore to clear map fog and show whats there. this comes across as an attempt to hide the fact the city is not interactive and CDPR don't trust their game enough to keep you interacting with the world if you take attention away from standard missions.
  • Where is the Adult content? there are barely any options for Joy toys (abysmal tb), no drugs? i dont need this stuff but the option is nice and adds to the atmosphere.
  • The absolute lack of romance options, it seems they went for quality over quantity perhaps but cmon, Dragon Age, Mass effect etc had more. truly disappointing
  • You cant interact with people aside from the Vendors, you cant even sit down at a chair and take in the world? NOTHING is interactive.
  • Key Bindings are a disgrace. I'm sure most of you already know this. how many times have you ruined stealth because of that dodge mechanic?
  • Dynamic world my a**. Mass numbers of NPC’s doesn’t make your world alive. Having them do unique things and responding to the world accordingly does. No ambulance for the injured, no fire trucks for fires, Police... don’t even get me started on the disgrace that is the Police AI.
    They specifically stated in the 48 minute deep dive there would be a silly amount (cant remember the number but was close to 1000) of Hand crafted daily routines for these NPC's. There is not.
  • No police chases? Police Spawning out of thin air? Maxtac spawn out of thin air with No AV's like the teaser? again dont get me started on the Police system, my god how embarrassing.
  • NPC’s in general just don’t react to you accordingly Depending on what you do. shoot in an Open area? no worries! everyone crouch!. It really does seem like CDPR really settled on having quantity of NPC’s over quality. I’d turn down the NPC crowd density in an instant if it meant greater variety and enabled better AI for more a more “alive” city.
  • Police rarely say thank you for intervening and SAVING their lives in gang shootings.
  • No karma/good & bad system, meaning a lot of choices mean Jack all especially when it comes to the way NPC's react to you i mean even Fallout characters reacted to you accordingly if you were a bad guy. Your characters “character” is borderline predetermined
  • The clothing system is broken. Cowboy hates, Short denim shorts and Corset's end up being your best armour, while an Arasaka bullet proof vest is useless. Really takes you out of the world.
    Yes I know you can upgrade clothing to keep the stuff you want to be the best, but some Transmog would be nice
  • Gear has no levels? I'm sorry but have i missed something? unless you are under the required level you cant see what level the gear actually is and its super annoying. it would be nice to be able to just take a glance at something and see if its a lower level and Bam scrapped.
  • Cant pick up thrown knives.... god man..
As I said, I have around 50 hours now and enjoy it. But if I were expecting it to be the RPG and "Truly special game" that CDPR claimed they had... boy am I disappointed. It seems they got caught up in their own hype and thought "omg the public is going insane over rumoured Genital customisation put that in put that in!" but forgot that you still need the basics. I'm sorry but this game doesn't really do anything new.

Honestly it seems the Mini-map (and larger world map) is cluttered with random quests and icons just to distract the player from the fact the world feels empty of anything other than set missions (that any game has in open worlds). most games dont show these until you're close to them and sometimes even fog out the map. but all this seems like an attempt to simply over saturate the players sense and give the illusion of content.

There are a lot more immersion breaking and disappointing mechanics I just cant be bothered to list but honestly the game truly does seem half baked and unfinished. It reeks of placeholders and things that have been cut last minute to make the game playable for release. Somewhere along the lines things changed from RPG to "Action/Adventure" and it was seriously streamlined. And don't be fooled, this has hurt it badly. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Mass effect remain untouched as immersive RPG's at this stage in MY OPINION.
Cheers

Action Adventure game, FTFY*

Action Adventure game, FTFY*
Disappointing that they changed the marketing up towards the end and tried selling it as this but claiming it as an RPG when it suited them also.
Overall the marketing and promotional material was tremendously misleading.
Post automatically merged:

Ive also attached a video to the original post for anyone wanting/prefering to listen to something that summarises alot (not all) of the points that i brought up in the OG post.

Last edited:
What I don't get is that they should know better. The Witcher 3 is fantastic. And you'd think they would know how to make a proper RPG.
I am with the OP, I think what we got at release is a massively cut down version, with a good 50% of content and features removed, because they could not make it run and thought they could reintroduce some features over time with patches; but the stripping of features then introduced a whole bunch of other issues, causing this mess.

And we are left thinking, "why even release it then?". Most likely the bonus of the suits. I am sure their bonuses would have gotten a massive cut if they could not make enough revenue in the last quarter - to make shareholders happy. But it all backfired. Now we have a bugged mess of a game, stripped of a wide range of features, the devs had to crunch and suffer, almost lost their bonuses because the game was a mess, the company stocks dropped, and shareholders, devs and gamers alike, are pissed and disappointed.
Sadly, I doubt the suits suffered much. They probably get their bonuses, regardless of the mess they have created.

CDPR lost all the great reputation it built up over the last years in less than a week. From being the paragon of the gaming industry, they are now a pariah, almost on the same level as ubisoft, origin, activision or ea...

[EDIT: criticism of censorship has been censored]

I still have hopes they turn around, albeit little [even less now].

Last edited:
What I don't get is that they should know better.
Should've, Could've whatever...

I firmly believe that the wild runaway success of Witcher 3 did more harm than good. As to me the failure of management staff can almost be directly attributed to them being overconfident. They [management] already failed when working on Witcher 3. That game had insane crunch as well. But the excellent devs saved the project.

A lot of them quit too. CDPR bleeds staff because of poor management.

Then Witcher 3 becomes a runaway success. Which can get to someones head, anyones. Look at the success of Star Wars as an example. It wasn't great because of George Lucas, it was a team effort. They reigned in his awful ideas and refined them into something great. Without people to refine the ideas anything after turned out pretty bad.

Now you have over confident management staff with a lot of money and even greater ambition. A strong belief that they can avoid crunch and poor management because hey, it happened before. So we probably know how to avoid it now AND we're more experienced with working on bigger projects.

When in reality they should have taken their estimated release date, added a year and said yeah this is the optimistic choice. Considering W3 that would make sense. But considering its wild success I can also see how that can blind people.

I don't think their lies were malicious as an example, but partly due to this blindness caused by previous success. Success they never saw before to such a scale. I do hope they [management] see the error of their ways and finally get their act together. Because frankly its inexcusable. Crunch is a failure of management, CDPR is starting to have a history of crunch.

Meaning CDPR has a history of management failing at its job. At the very least they should add 1 year to each and every estimate they make because its better to be on the side of caution than working their development team to the bone. This even has consequences since programming is quite difficult work, you need to know the codebase. You cant just bleed staff and super easily replace them on big projects as this. Especially if there is little to no comments in the code that explain what you're looking at.

It's to the companies benefit to keep staff on. Not only from a productivity standpoint but a creativity one too. They may have great bonuses and other such stuff for staff but that is very much trying to deal with the symptoms of the issue rather than the core cause.

Ok I just stumbled in this, and even if I feel the comparison isn't fair for many reasons , I still feels this is a good table to let game design know what a game should do, especially when it's open world and based on an RPG (to be considered a videogame and not a graphic novel like games from Supermassive Games , that btw , never hide the will to make Movies out of their games and I freacking love their games, also because they are long enough, and actually give different ways to end it, like in the case of Untill Dawn or Little Hope, -> Men of Medan was a little under tone but that's just me).
I'm not saying CP77 should do everything that a game with massive balls like RDR2 does in the Western era, but the idea of what's missing in CP77 as an open world RPG is there, as a reminder of what RDR2 does (that it's not an RPG if you want but comes out in being a GREAT rpg after all and ALSO a GREAT MOVIE AND STORY)
Edit: This list isn't exaustive, at all, RDR2 does so many things you can't possibly list them in a single screenshot

While I would be the first in admitting RDR2 was certainly much more polished. Much of this list are of pointless things that don't necessarily make the game fun, "feeding horses". That was the major problem with RDR2 as a whole and I believe is in part why it's Multiplayer died compared to GTA V. Too much emphasis on things like in this list, and not enough actually making the gameplay or combat fun. Too much cinematic movie, not enough a game. Too many walking sessions, too many click this button at this time or mission fail, too many horse riding sessions and the bulk of it's missions just ended up as shootouts. More time could have been put into actually fleshing out the shooting instead of horse testicle physics. Instead it plays like a subpar tps with Fallout's vats system tacked on.

Now as someone who only based my expectations off things that were shown in the gameplay trailers as actual possible gameplay options/possibilities, the game is fine. I have around 50 hours. This post is NOT about the technical/performance issues. that deserves its own thread and there is plenty of them.
But Lets face it, this is not the RPG a lot of us hoped for. it appears that a lot has been removed and the world interactivity and AI just feels bland.
I have been somewhat a fanboy over the last few months and had very strong faith in CDPR, but I'm certainly not a blind follower... This game has let me and a lot of others down in the RPG side of things. They either got overwhelmed with their original plan and scrapped elements to make the date, or its due to them settling for a more cinematic experience halfway through and went with the "Action/Adventure" tag that it is now touted as.

Feel free to add anything else that I've missed or that other games (some over a decade old) have done or done better.
I don't believe these are ridiculous requests or expectations for and RPG
  • Character creation = Huge let down. don't deny it. and this isn't even me having huge expectations. Basic RPGs have had greater variety. No body sliders even JUST for things like making your character thinner, fatter or more jacked? I mean c'mon. Even GTA SA let you get jacked. it seems like they really focused on trivial things to build hype(looking at you genital customisation), rather than meaningful stuff that really lets you make your character an individual and like yourself.
  • Where is the consequence to decisions? the life paths practically converge into the same story, and most quests end the same/similar way to if you load back and go with different choices/dialogue options. i feel literally no weight in my decisions and dont feel like i need to think before making one.
  • Which brings me to missions not having Variable outcomes/very similar endings. it seems as though the Maelstrom mission with an apparent "7 different outcomes" was the only of this nature and was made simply as marketing hype to say "our game is an RPG and missions have different endings!!" i mean Deus Ex excelled in this regard. i actually had to think about how i executed the mission as it may bite me in the behind down the track.
  • Getting new Cyberware is Severely underwhelming. Changing out bodyparts and literally giving up parts of your humanity and body is like swapping out a mod on a gun. *click* and thats it, only cutscenes we got were for the Palm and eye upgrades which were part of the story. Cmon, not even a small cut scene that then fades to black?
  • Street Cred means nothing but more to buy. there is no reaction to your supposed legendary status in the game world. gangs still shoot you on site when they should be terrified of you in a John Wick kind of way. Skyrim, Fallout and Mass Effect NPC's react accordingly if youre a good or bad person, accomplished certain legendary feats/quests etc. you truly make a name for yourself in those games.
  • No lore friendly/interactive Fast travel? god even just being able to walk onto the trains and keeping it basic would have been nice.
  • No Barber? No Tattoo parlour? Give me a break. No change to your character after leaving the character creation is a joke. for a game that is all about creating your own merc and body modding being so prevalent in NC, it does not feel that way.
  • No colour modding of your clothing. Found a cool Trench coat? No worries! but you've gotta have it in Fluro pink!!!
  • No Finishers/animations in combat??? it has really cool things like the ground cracking when you fall from height (really cool but buggy too) but cant add finishers to combat? only ones I've seen is 2 with Katana and JUST 1 with Mantis blades and that is it. Skyrim, The Chronicles of Riddick (Old AF now) even The Witcher 3 had combat finishers with Weapons and hand to hand combat. especially with Melee and hand to hand combat being such a big thing, you'd think they'd have added this
  • Where are the mini-games? Wheres the BD's? its a story continuation tool and thats it. i mean what happened to going into a bar and doing some cool mini activities those kinds of places?
  • The "wait" function does nothing but change the position of the sun lmao. actually try it. nothing changes in front of you or in the world full stop, it just moves the sun and lets you start a mission a tad sooner.
  • Cluttered Mini-map and general world map that strait up gives you everything without barely needing to explore to clear map fog and show whats there. this comes across as an attempt to hide the fact the city is not interactive and CDPR don't trust their game enough to keep you interacting with the world if you take attention away from standard missions.
  • Where is the Adult content? there are barely any options for Joy toys (abysmal tb), no drugs? i dont need this stuff but the option is nice and adds to the atmosphere.
  • The absolute lack of romance options, it seems they went for quality over quantity perhaps but cmon, Dragon Age, Mass effect etc had more. truly disappointing
  • You cant interact with people aside from the Vendors, you cant even sit down at a chair and take in the world? NOTHING is interactive.
  • Key Bindings are a disgrace. I'm sure most of you already know this. how many times have you ruined stealth because of that dodge mechanic?
  • Dynamic world my a**. Mass numbers of NPC’s doesn’t make your world alive. Having them do unique things and responding to the world accordingly does. No ambulance for the injured, no fire trucks for fires, Police... don’t even get me started on the disgrace that is the Police AI.
    They specifically stated in the 48 minute deep dive there would be a silly amount (cant remember the number but was close to 1000) of Hand crafted daily routines for these NPC's. There is not.
  • No police chases? Police Spawning out of thin air? Maxtac spawn out of thin air with No AV's like the teaser? again dont get me started on the Police system, my god how embarrassing.
  • NPC’s in general just don’t react to you accordingly Depending on what you do. shoot in an Open area? no worries! everyone crouch!. It really does seem like CDPR really settled on having quantity of NPC’s over quality. I’d turn down the NPC crowd density in an instant if it meant greater variety and enabled better AI for more a more “alive” city.
  • Police rarely say thank you for intervening and SAVING their lives in gang shootings.
  • No karma/good & bad system, meaning a lot of choices mean Jack all especially when it comes to the way NPC's react to you i mean even Fallout characters reacted to you accordingly if you were a bad guy. Your characters “character” is borderline predetermined
  • The clothing system is broken. Cowboy hates, Short denim shorts and Corset's end up being your best armour, while an Arasaka bullet proof vest is useless. Really takes you out of the world.
    Yes I know you can upgrade clothing to keep the stuff you want to be the best, but some Transmog would be nice
  • Gear has no levels? I'm sorry but have i missed something? unless you are under the required level you cant see what level the gear actually is and its super annoying. it would be nice to be able to just take a glance at something and see if its a lower level and Bam scrapped.
  • Cant pick up thrown knives.... god man..
As I said, I have around 50 hours now and enjoy it. But if I were expecting it to be the RPG and "Truly special game" that CDPR claimed they had... boy am I disappointed. It seems they got caught up in their own hype and thought "omg the public is going insane over rumoured Genital customisation put that in put that in!" but forgot that you still need the basics. I'm sorry but this game doesn't really do anything new.

Honestly it seems the Mini-map (and larger world map) is cluttered with random quests and icons just to distract the player from the fact the world feels empty of anything other than set missions (that any game has in open worlds). most games dont show these until you're close to them and sometimes even fog out the map. but all this seems like an attempt to simply over saturate the players sense and give the illusion of content.

There are a lot more immersion breaking and disappointing mechanics I just cant be bothered to list but honestly the game truly does seem half baked and unfinished. It reeks of placeholders and things that have been cut last minute to make the game playable for release. Somewhere along the lines things changed from RPG to "Action/Adventure" and it was seriously streamlined. And don't be fooled, this has hurt it badly. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Mass effect remain untouched as immersive RPG's at this stage in MY OPINION.
Cheers

EDIT: I've attached a video that goes over a lot (not all) of the points my post brings up. summarised nicely. enjoy.
THANK YOU! That is exactly how I feel and exactly what came to my mind regarding missing content/false advertisement. I have around 46h and I do enjoy it but it is not the game that was promised to us. Nothing compared to what CDPR promised. A whole lot is just missing, a whole lot not working, the current state of their view of "full nudity" would have been better if they left it all out.

Idk why the OP is getting hate from anyone. He's not wrong. I've got somewhere between 30-40 hours myself in the game and it really is bare bones. Feels like the only people that are hating on him are blind fanboys. I am not one of those. I am not a hater or skeptic or whatever you want to label me. And I'm not a fanboy. Im someone who's played a lot of video games of all types, for a long time. Ive followed the game and haven't necessarily "leaned" one way or another before purchasing it.

To start, I'll give some good things I've enjoyed bc I dont mean for my post to just be a bash. Like I said, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it so far and some of the characters are enjoyable and the story has been interesting enough plus character development that makes you care about some of them. I run it on PC and while yes glitchy and buggy, can look great when it runs well. The city feels full and bustling. And there is some interesting concepts at work that can be engaging enough and things not seen before and even thought provoking.

However outside of the story missions, the side quests can be lack luster. Many of them are rinse and repeat no matter who they come from. And I think they do this to fill out a game who's main campaign is somewhat short.

The police are there to shoot you in the face if you screw up and hang around but can't be bothered to give chase. Really? Outside of vendors the regular populace could care less about you. They've got no where to go, nothing interesting to say and little in variance of reaction to you and your actions. Games like GTA, RDR2 and even some of the latest AC games you can stumble across all sorts of funny and interesting characters. CP77 they literally just wonder like ants, or zombies.

Some of the mechanics and features are just like "What were you thinking or what have you been doing all this time?" Character customization, yeah isn't the best and I can deal with that but it is lacking honestly. There is no customization. None. "RPG" or not, the game was supposedly going to be immersive with plenty to do, new concepts and variety. But none of these things have been fleshed out at all. There's no character, vehicle, clothing customization. It's all just "it is what it is." Bland.

Playing on pc if you double tap a key, you dodge. Is it just me but is anyone else having trouble with that crap happening while trying to sneak? Trying to creep around and suddenly lunge forward or sideways into someone or into the open with your dick in your hand? Incredibly annoying, especially for a stealth system.

And speaking of stealth, you can build into a kind of throwing blade specialization, but kiss that blade goodbye. There's no pulling it out of a body or of the ground. Dumb. What a way to waste or blow that. Pretty much makes the skill useless for the most part. They've got a good array of things to spec into but things like that make it feel unimpressive or weak so its like whats the point.

And gear system. Besides not being able to customize its looks, is bland in variety due to its lack of skill, perk, stat influence. There's some ways to mod it to give a little more towards stats you want but thats it. Nothing really stands out. Nothing plays a big or determine factor in how your character plays. Its just... there. The biggest reason to look for new gear is upping your armor level. Even upgrading items does little to change or improve outside of adding to its armor. And before you come at me like "its not a looter shooter" then why put it in the game? You wasted time on it when you could have put forth that effort into making the gear customizable with color or variety.

Look, I could go on and on, and I'm reiterating some of the points the OP made just so he's got someone else in his corner. The game and its story has some cool shit. But that doesn't last, and the newness wears off. Everything else has been a smattering of all aspects from other games that people liked, but half assed or mediocre. And not only is it mediocre, but its buggy as hell. There's glitches all over. How many times or how long was the game delayed? How long was the game in development? And I'd say half, if not more, is redone mediocrity.

Like I said, I've enjoyed the game and I will continue to play and hope CDPR can do something to breathe life into the game or flesh out some of these underworked concepts. And the PC community has not disappointed and has already begun putting out mods. So maybe they'll have some fixes or features to add in that should have been there already. But lets face it. The game has some cool stuff but was overhyped and it's mediocre. "It is what it is."

I've played way too many games like over 1500+ which happen to be all different types of games for example there are JRPGS on the PS2 or GameCube that feel more dynamic and alive incrementally due to their unique mechanics, compared to a game like this which is overshadowed by its popularity(???) which doesn't really bring anything new to the table, to not take into consideration what he is saying although I kind of like the game a bit at times but I'm upset deeply with it, I would've felt like I ignored what he is saying especially since it looks like it took a bit of time for him to write the post too.
໒( • ͜ʖ • )७
I can't help but get a force of habit because of how bored I get with games nowadays and nitpick at every single detail in them especially the more recent they come out.

THANK YOU! That is exactly how I feel and exactly what came to my mind regarding missing content/false advertisement. I have around 46h and I do enjoy it but it is not the game that was promised to us. Nothing compared to what CDPR promised. A whole lot is just missing, a whole lot not working, the current state of their view of "full nudity" would have been better if they left it all out.
Exactly mate. you are not alone and not the only feeling this way
Post automatically merged:

Dammmm that guy sound so defeated and fed up with it all.

I can understand him.
yep. a lot of us can. just look at the official Reddit

This game is lacking a lot of content. Comparing this game with a free Star War the Old Republic. And the difference is mind boggling. This game should of been a mmorpg.

This game is lacking a lot of content. Comparing this game with a free Star War the Old Republic. And the difference is mind boggling. This game should of been a mmorpg.
oh lord ive literally just started playing SWTOR again to cleanse my soul of this.

I agree with you. Just realized that due to not having any faction rep, there are no consequences for slaughtering so many gang members. Where is the pay back from the gangs like in the beginning where Jackie and V is attacked by gangs for destroying their gig. None 9f the missions so far makes me feel like my actions have consequences. Let's not even mention the "magic" police and trauma team.it feels like a John Wick game where you are the sidekick and not the mc of your own story. I'm really hoping that a DLC or something will come along to make NC feel like NC and not some Dead City.

This is a barebones game period.
Every core system in the game is a placeholder that got shipped.
...and the reaction follows swiftly.

AC Valhalla overtook CP2077 in physical UK Christmas sales.... a friggin, boring Ubisoft open world grind. That's sad...
Physical CP sales dropped by 80% in general after the first week, so the investors have even more of a motivation to sue now.

...and the reaction follows swiftly.

AC Valhalla overtook CP2077 in physical UK Christmas sales.... a friggin, boring Ubisoft open world grind. That's sad...
Physical CP sales dropped by 80% in general after the first week, so the investors have even more of a motivation to sue now.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla actually works as a game, yes it's the same tired old formula but at least it's not a major let down.
The problem with CP2077 isn't the bugs, but the core game itself.

Even the narrative and the story elements that are the core of CDPR games in the past are completely broken. The prologue is too short, characters treat you like you've known them for years or you have some sort of killer reputation from the moment you meet them, nothing actually clicks, and the fact that no choice you make has even the slightest of impacts is heart breaking.

Everything in this game feels incomplete and a placeholder, the combat system, the perks system, the stat system (or the lack of any stats other than freaking armor), the weapons that all work the same, the mods that don't work, the consumable system that is pointless, I don't know what they've been fucking working on for 8 god damn years.

These are things that aren't even related to complex programing tasks, they already had a good enough stats system in TW3 and early demos showed many more stats on items such as weapons and armor than we have now, where the fuck did it all go?

Did Keanu took all the money for this game? did his lawyers mandated that Keanu needs to popup once every 90 seconds or his out? like seriously how did this game out from the same company that made TW3?

ME:Andromeda was a buggy mess that got fixed, the story sucked, the characters for the most part were insufferable but mechanically it was arguably the best ME game in terms of combat, exploration and crafting.

ME:Andromeda at least could be and was patched, I don't know how they'll patch this game out other than pulling another TW1:EE and reworking pretty much everything and at this point I don't see them having the time or money to do this.

CDPR poured 320M into this game, that's more than what it cost to develop GTA 5 and probably in the real life actual costs of RDR2 (anyone who thinks RDR2 cost a billion dollars to develop needs to get their head checked).

I would personally have no problem if this game would've dropped most RPG mechanics and went full on GTA 5/RDR2 but the story, the open world, and all the subsystems of the game still need to work and they don't.

I don't understand how this game got more than 4/10 in any review, nothing is finished, nothing works, there is a bloody perk for being undetectable in water when there is absolutely no water combat in the game or any combat missions that even take place near or around water.

Like who the fuck signed off on shipping this.

Top Bottom