Do dev's actually see our suggestions or concerns

+
1 subjective + 1 subjective+1 subjective etc etc all talking about the same stuff, makes a lot of same subjective things that add up.

It is simple and understandable, opinions are subjective, including on certain technical aspects of the game. After all, we don't know everything or we don't master all aspects of something (or everything). I know, for example, game design - I study it (and even then, it doesn't guarantee reasons). In the hypothesis of someone who does not know, for example, the scene composition process, contradicts what is usual in the scene composition itself, who tends to better understand a solution to the given problem? Imagine if it were the other way around, I would go to NASA today with my subjective ideas to teach them how to make rockets, without my knowing how to make rockets

Guest 4406876

It is simple and understandable, opinions are subjective, including on certain technical aspects of the game. After all, we don't know everything or we don't master all aspects of something (or everything). I know, for example, game design - I study it (and even then, it doesn't guarantee reasons). In the hypothesis of someone who does not know, for example, the scene composition process, contradicts what is usual in the scene composition itself, who tends to better understand a solution to the given problem? Imagine if it were the other way around, I would go to NASA today with my subjective ideas to teach them how to make rockets, without my knowing how to make rockets
Of course, but I doubt they have people that know how to make rockets and have every single rocket to explode on launch day.

Btw traffic being...not there and AI that needs work or it is either bugged or...could be VASTLY improved. That's not an opinion.

Making arcade cabinets usable to get a better gameplay experience? that's subjective yes because honestly I don't think that adds relevant fun. But if possible would be nice , this is why it's an opinion. Btw videogames running are not opinions, they are facts that express and induce a feeling. If the feeling is wrong for so many people ( a feeling is subjective) but so many people feel the same negative feeling for the same reasons it's either time to think if it's the case to present the same experience in the future, or change direction (or tweak it idk) It's not a demand, rather it just defines one's work. They could simply stick with their artistic idea and have their own fanbase in the amount they are able to attract them for the real product they release.
I'd never ask CDPR to change their artistic idea to meet my expectation, I'd be a fool.
What I'd ask tho is to be transparent about what they intend to do, so I can make a proper purchase or not make it, and they'll be happy because they do what they love, their customers will be happy because it's exactly what they want, and I'll just steer to buy some other game from another company if i think it's best for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no language barrier, CDPR is an international company.

And yes, we're trying to help with gathering feedback, mostly about technical issues at the moment. That's why it's so important that they are well documented and described in the TECHNICAL section of the forums as detailed as possible, so it's easier to recreate certain bugs/issues.

Patience is definitely needed though. Currently the amount of feedback and other "issues" we need to deal with on forums prevents us from dedicating too much time to prioritizing issues & providing feedback.

Okay, so if i encounter a bug in game, should I post it here to the bug report forum and submit it to support? Or is doing both unnecessary? I totally get it, not every question or concern will get a reply because there are only so many mods and devs. Is there anyplace or a post that has a list of known issues or bugs? That way we don't waste anyone's time on those things.

I just wanna say thank you for the moderators for their obviously hard work. And thank you for doing your best to keep things in order and even try to ease our concerns.

Even tho often we sound frustrated and angry, we do know and appreciate what goes into all this.

I want to add to the same.

I don't personally agree with decisions of the company but I have the same feeling that I hope decision makers are listening and taking our discussions seriously.

It is incredibly frustrating. Best way for healing is to have decision makers sit down and talk.

Would also like to know which feedback has been brought to the devs so that we can relaxe a little bit and don't ask twice the questions or open topics again and again.

Sincerely

Of course, but I doubt they have people that know how to make rockets and have every single rocket to explode on launch day.

Btw traffic being...not there and AI that needs work or it is either bugged or...could be VASTLY improved. That's not an opinion.

Making arcade cabinets usable to get a better gameplay experience? that's subjective yes because honestly I don't think that adds relevant fun. But if possible would be nice , this is why it's an opinion.

Sure, are small bugs... great demand and i support it. But they are not, not even close, aspects that detract from the final quality of the game, here I talk about technical aspects and I can list them - and all techniques, from pre-composition, composition, from code (my weakness) to FX and post production, etc.

I do not think that these small details, although of great demand and importance with regard to immersion, serve as 'Battle Horses' to invalidate, disqualify all the positive aspects of the game and there is a lot of that on the network, in the press, etc.

It is incredibly frustrating. Best way for healing is to have decision makers sit down and talk.

Actually they need to talk to us. Not to the shareholders, not to IGN and Kotaku, not some canned letter made by a corpo lawyer that's more PR spin then reality.

They need to sit down, have a live stream, and allow us to get our frustrations out, then answer our frustrations honestly, without PR spin. It will be a blood bath, and it won't be pleasant for them, but it'll show that they are actually listening.

It'll never happen though.

Okay, so if i encounter a bug in game, should I post it here to the bug report forum and submit it to support? Or is doing both unnecessary? I totally get it not every question or concern will get a reply because there are only so many mods and devs. Is there anyplace or a post that has a list of known issues or bugs? That way things that are already being worked on or known so we don't waste anyone's time on those things.

So far, the best way would probably be doing both - posting them in TECHNICAL forums and submitting to support.

I don't recall if there's a MEGATHREAD on all the known bugs. It could be helpful to actually have one like that, we could sticky it in technical section and then update it as bugs get fixed. However, we cannot dedicate ourselves to maitainence of such a thread.

So far, the best way would probably be doing both - posting them in TECHNICAL forums and submitting to support.

I don't recall if there's a MEGATHREAD on all the known bugs. It could be helpful to actually have one like that, we could sticky it in technical section and then update it as bugs get fixed. However, we cannot dedicate ourselves to maitainence of such a thread.

Anything would be great even if it was only updated once a week or once per patch cycle. Would go along way in seeing what is unreported too, if your in game and something wild happens it would be something to refer back to before you submit a report.

They probably do but whether those people that read it have the power of influence is another story. The only studio I know to truly listen and even change the future of a game is Digital Extremes and Warframe.

Actually they need to talk to us. Not to the shareholders, not to IGN and Kotaku, not some canned letter made by a corpo lawyer that's more PR spin then reality.

They need to sit down, have a live stream, and allow us to get our frustrations out, then answer our frustrations honestly, without PR spin. It will be a blood bath, and it won't be pleasant for them, but it'll show that they are actually listening.

It'll never happen though.

Sorry that is what I meant, talk with us. The players. Have a Q/A session or a dedicated Community Support team that will make a more official database of concerns, ideas and feedback, and is public and transparent.

Something to where you can search if you shared the same feedback and know you are not alone.

If it can done in an open effective manor, we would have a hole lot less frustrations.

We have mega threads, we have organized unofficial lists. We have plenty of people who are have constructive criticism, if you filter out the bad. It just needs to be organized.

Edit: I should define, a database meaning a sourced material, this is almost what we have for forums, but have an official list of feedback, where we know CDPR is listening.

Another thing that seems to happen, and a lot, is part of the community confusing ideas with promises. Yesterday I saw an image, plus, two, being compared, between a trailer and the gameplay.

I, who know a little, know that the engines have tools called 'cinematic' (animated cameras, effects, etc. and real time render process) for composing parts or trailers. I know that one differs from the other in many ways. However, in that post or topic, someone suggested cut content from the game because there are differences between both, the trailer and the game.

I disagree, TW3 has a magnificent trailer called 'killing Monster', one of the best-made trailers I've seen to date, I compare it to Bethesda's masterpiece 'Three fates' for the game ESO (a masterpiece). But I know that the models on the scene were not the same sweaty in the game (due to the amount of polygons, we can abuse models in trailers where rendering is a process without real time). but it would be unfair for me to charge or say that the game was 'cut', because a 'cinematic trailer' (reference, not exact to something) is different from the gameplay model (low poly). In this case, last case, render was another process* not in real time (killing Monsters)*

There's no language barrier, CDPR is an international company.

And yes, we're trying to help with gathering feedback, mostly about technical issues at the moment. That's why it's so important that they are well documented and described in the TECHNICAL section of the forums as detailed as possible, so it's easier to recreate certain bugs/issues.

Patience is definitely needed though. Currently the amount of feedback and other "issues" we need to deal with on forums prevents us from dedicating too much time to prioritizing issues & providing feedback.

That is very good to hear! I am sorry to see the amount of rudeness that moderators have to deal with. That being said, I am wondering if very popular topics get forwarded faster? I am thinking of the censorship/nudity thread(s) which were among the most viewed and commented threads in suggestions. Is this something that the devs are now aware of? I also think these threads would not escalate to the point that they have if CDPR gave a very clear response about their future plans regarding this issue (to be clear by this I mean a broad explanation that goes beyond "this is not a bug"). Confusion among the players breeds frustration on both sides, after all.

Last edited:
Sorry that is what I meant, talk with us. The players. Have a Q/A session or a dedicated Community Support team that will make a more official database of concerns, ideas and feedback, and is public and transparent.

Something to where you can search if you shared the same feedback and know you are not alone.

If it can done in an open effective manor, we would have a hole lot less frustrations.

We have mega threads, we have organized lists. We have plenty of people who are have constructive criticism, if you filter out the bad. It just needs to be organized.

True, but honestly, if you see a 500+ page, 3000+ post thread where everyone who posts in it, pretty much all agrees with it, I don't think it needs much organizing. It's obvious it's a concern for the community.

Yet CDPR stays quiet. Oh they'll talk to their shareholders. The PR department will tweet some inane apology, but right now, the management needs to communicate with those who make their money, not those who take their money, and that's the players.

But then, from the debacle we've seen where the PR department tweeted no more delays, and the next day there was a delay, from the debacle we've seen where "it runs great on consoles" and then not, from the debacle of "we won't crunch" and then they crunch, CDPR isn't great with communication with it's players or it's employees if history shows anything.

Guest 4406876

Sure, are small bugs... great demand and i support it. But they are not, not even close, aspects that detract from the final quality of the game, here I talk about technical aspects and I can list them - and all techniques, from pre-composition, composition, from code (my weakness) to FX and post production, etc.

I do not think that these small details, although of great demand and importance with regard to immersion, serve as 'Battle Horses' to invalidate, disqualify all the positive aspects of the game and there is a lot of that on the network, in the press, etc.
And that's why (sorry if it goes off topic , I'll end it here) I strongly believe this is a beautiful game to look at, but from a gameplay standpoint it's a disaster (and that's my opinion) and shouldn't come to pass from a quality standpoint, I'm talking about the very basics, not absurd requests, literally basic gameplay features concenring what's already in the game.

And that's why (sorry if it goes off topic , I'll end it here) I strongly believe this is a beautiful game to look at, but from a gameplay standpoint it's a disaster (and that's my opinion) and shouldn't come to pass from a quality standpoint, I'm talking about the very basics, not absurd requests, literally basic gameplay features concenring what's already in the game.

Its all good have opinions, you have your opinions. Its fair. And we, me, you, etc, can suggest things too (i have a lot). Well, i hope devs read it, who managment this game, etc... the forum :)
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk is a game with a focus on narrative. One of the things I missed the most was content to justify Jack, V.'s companion. For me, the game's prologue is too short and he doesn't engage me in the narrative. Of course, I speak of terms like immersion (subjective). I have no way of knowing if there was more than there is in the scene, in the current gameplay, but I would like you (CD) to redo the prologue (daring because it would take a lot of time, maybe). But that's how I feel about this prologue.

Of course, as a player, I want more content, to immerse myself in a world in which I can enjoy for years, at least until 2023 ... (I hope that devs or game designers read this) ... Cyberpunk 'asks for this' for being the which is already, magnificent.

Last edited:
True, but honestly, if you see a 500+ page, 3000+ post thread where everyone who posts in it, pretty much all agrees with it, I don't think it needs much organizing. It's obvious it's a concern for the community.

Yet CDPR stays quiet. Oh they'll talk to their shareholders. The PR department will tweet some inane apology, but right now, the management needs to communicate with those who make their money, not those who take their money, and that's the players.

But then, from the debacle we've seen where the PR department tweeted no more delays, and the next day there was a delay, from the debacle we've seen where "it runs great on consoles" and then not, from the debacle of "we won't crunch" and then they crunch, CDPR isn't great with communication with it's players or it's employees if history shows anything.

Right there is a great need for change internally, specially for PR.

Its just as frustrating where I feel voices is left unheard to the ears who need to hear for an example and is drowned out.
I'm not talking about everyone having group think. That isn't want I mean, because group think can go wrong too.

Some companies in the past did great jobs with managing feedback and direct decision makers to players interaction.
CDPR can be the same in that regard.

Q/A sessions, newsletters, official devs taking time and being active in forums, officially backed feedback list. There are many ways they can help us and them in a mutual discussion.

Top Bottom