MINIMAP NEEDS A HUGE UPDATE

+
plz, get this word out to CDPR. incase no one noticed. The game is very dense when it comes to scaling, but they created a minimap that does not allow us to see what is ahead of us when driving. Causing people to miss turns, and making driving to locations annoying. I went back to GTA V to see the difference and realized how smart Rockstar was on the minimap. GTA V minimap was not flat, it was 3d, and zoomed out. This allowed us to see further and the 3d implementation just made it easier to travel and understand the map. CDPR needs to do this because the game is too compact for the minimap to be so plain. If anything, zoom the map out if they won't make it 3d.

CYBPERPUNK - walking( flat, zoomed in), driving(flat, zoomed in)

GTA V - walking(flat, zoomed in), driving(3d, zoomed out)

How am I even supposed to drive a fast car if i'm going to miss all the turns in the game. And the game has a lot of turns

Not just the minimap, the Map in general needs some love.
Most important, more details for ripperdocs/shops. Instead of telling me what a ripperdoc is i would rather know what ripperdoc it is im hovering over., and maybe what special cyberware he has to offer.

Yep, both are quite annoying. Minimap doesn't show enough, causing to miss 100% turns at high speeds, while Map shows too much, need better filters. I don't want to see all "biz" opportunities under one filter, discovered and undiscovered, they should be categorized better. Now I see a bunch of yellow exclamation points and I need to go through every of them if I'm looking for a specific "quest"..

geocp

Forum regular
Not just the minimap, the Map in general needs some love.
Most important, more details for ripperdocs/shops. Instead of telling me what a ripperdoc is i would rather know what ripperdoc it is im hovering over., and maybe what special cyberware he has to offer.

Yes, and to take it a step further all the information provided to us is lacking.

Looking at a weapon's tab you don't even know the brand of the weapon.

The weapon's range is not displayed anywhere and yet you get scopes that increase that range which means that the weapons DO have a useful range attribute but it's not shown to us.
All these attributes were visible in a weapon's tab back in the 2018 demo,,, ( PENETRATION, ACCURACY, RECOIL, SPREAD, RANGE)

cyb shotgun.png

It should be zoomed out further. While driving, at the very least. If you walk you can manage easily but if you're driving you need to pay attention or you'll have missed a turn in no time.
I imagine this might be a problem if you have NPC icons enabled..

I have to agree, zooming out the mini-map while driving would be a good idea. I'd also like to see street names a la google maps with the world map, too. I want to get to know this city, not just the quest markers.

It's almost useless when driving. I'd even like the option to adjust it in the menu as when I'm walking I'd also like it panned out more.

React quicker, I got the fastest car in the game and I have no problem with the minimap.
This is a dumb comment. Imma just guess you are trolling
Post automatically merged:

I have to agree, zooming out the mini-map while driving would be a good idea. I'd also like to see street names a la google maps with the world map, too. I want to get to know this city, not just the quest markers.
Yes, I never thought of that. I'm just not sure they have street names, to begin with. Might be more of a want. It would be cool if they do it.

This is a dumb comment. Imma just guess you are trolling
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I never thought of that. I'm just not sure they have street names, to begin with. Might be more of a want. It would be cool if they do it.
Yes every help with navigation would be great.
I also miss street sings a lot, there is no way to navigate the city without constantly looking at the minimap and following quest markers.
Even basic stuff like "pacifica this way" or "welcome to north side" would be great.

agreed!
one of many things that suck about the UI
The map itself is not better either. Division has a map that would be fitting for a Cyberpunk game. Overall way too little virtual reality UI, and too much flat menus. Imagine the map functions would get better when you install a better cyber-eyes? THAT is how it should have been done! You can't even save a map point. A mission marker is one pretty much all the time. etc.
Like many other things it seems to be a rushed fix after a better feature was removed to get it out at release date...

Top Bottom