MINIMAP NEEDS A HUGE UPDATE

+
agreed!
one of many things that suck about the UI
The map itself is not better either. Division has a map that would be fitting for a Cyberpunk game. Overall way too little virtual reality UI, and too much flat menus. Imagine the map functions would get better when you install a better cyber-eyes? THAT is how it should have been done! You can't even save a map point. A mission marker is one pretty much all the time. etc.
Like many other things it seems to be a rushed fix after a better feature was removed to get it out at release date...
Agree cyberware for sat nav would be neat af good idea

How am I even supposed to drive a fast car if i'm going to miss all the turns in the game. And the game has a lot of turns
How am I even supposed to drive a fast car if i'm going to crash to desktop on launch?
Can't use the mini map
If the game doesn't give a crap.

Just zoom out by like 25% and it'd save my life every time lmao. I did not catch ONE TURN in my 70+ hours of gameplay as long as I drove faster than 30mph...

1) Slam the gas
2) Notice abrupt turn on the minimap once I'm basically past it
3) Try to swerve but end up going across the sidewalk picking up 3 pedestrians
4) Cops spawn on foot, I drive away
5) Lose cops after 50ft

Rinse and repeat

I've lost count of how many times I've overshot a turn.

Either some kind of dynamic system, manual zoom or setting would be appropriate here.

mewpokemon said:
have to agree, zooming out the mini-map while driving would be a good idea. I'd also like to see street names a la google maps with the world map, too. I want to get to know this city, not just the quest markers.
POTUSCUMONFLOTUS said:
Yes, I never thought of that. I'm just not sure they have street names, to begin with. Might be more of a want. It would be cool if they do it.
Streets have names yes. When I tried to find the store from Judy's BD I hopped back into BD and I discovered the street and store name. If there were street names on the map I could've easily located that street and feel like a true detective. But there aren't so I had to drive around the city aimlessly until I wound up by that store by chance. I was also hoping that I could find the location of that store on the Net since I know its name but that's also not possible.

Yes, as already mentioned in other threads: project the navigation trails directly onto the road,
before half of the user base becomes permanently cross-eyed. ;-)

How am I even supposed to drive a fast car if i'm going to miss all the turns in the game. And the game has a lot of turns

Number 1 problem in the game and I'm trying to increase traffic on every feed that comes up talking about it in the hope someone pays attention. It seem absolutely crazy to me that more people are annoyed by this and that it keeps falling off the front page every time someone posts about it.... which is quite often.
Post automatically merged:

React quicker, I got the fastest car in the game and I have no problem with the minimap.
Troll

The minimap not zooming out enough (it does zoom out when you enter a car) is intentional, since the used wayfinding algorithm is very bad. It keeps changing the calculated route and is sometimes too slow. They didn'T change this because they need to obfuscate an underlying problem.

Top Bottom