Need help getting Steam refund

+
So I bought it on Steam and despite the fact companies like Sony and Microsoft offering full refunds not matter the play time Steam refuses to do so for me? I'm currently dealing with a bug that won't let me progress because a main story character is just gone. Game says she's there. She's not. I just suffered through 30 hours of bugs to then be told you can't finish the game now. Then get Steams schtick of you played for more than 2 hours so no refund. The hell you say? I paid $60 for something I was told was done. I would like my cash back.

Anyone know how to contact steam directly for this?

So I bought it on Steam and despite the fact companies like Sony and Microsoft offering full refunds not matter the play time Steam refuses to do so for me? I'm currently dealing with a bug that won't let me progress because a main story character is just gone. Game says she's there. She's not. I just suffered through 30 hours of bugs to then be told you can't finish the game now. Then get Steams schtick of you played for more than 2 hours so no refund. The hell you say? I paid $60 for something I was told was done. I would like my cash back.

Theres good amount of us looking for steam refunds. Steam is flat out saying no gonna take some pressure like the console players did.

You need to open a manual ticket with Steam. It is still hit or miss with them though. Good luck!

Very unlikely for steam to refund anything at 30h gameplay- at that length you could rush through the game and finish it then demand refunds.

Difference between console and steam refunds is the fact that consoles have so much more issues with the game renderring it absolutely unplayable in some circumstances while OP played the game for 30h straight and encountered a bug.

Edit: Obviously i can imagine this being quite annoying, in no means im defending steam, just pointing out their possible reasoning.

Personally have never encountered any of thos kind of bugs at all yet...

As far as I know, steam hasn't expanded their refund policy for Cyberpunk yet. So you'll have to rely on their default refund policy (although I imagine they're giving customers a little more leeway).

If you go past 2 hours of gameplay, they will not refund you because you can beat the game in under 30 hrs if you just do straight story...

You will need to wait until they fix the bugs, I am not sure what bug you are running into, but I've had no issues at all. Fat chance they will allow you to get a refund if you've had 30 hrs of gameplay... Even if you didn't beat the story you still had 30 hrs of gameplay so unfortunately nothing can be done for you.

You think thats an issue? I cant get a refund from GOG for 5 or 6 days now and i only played the game for 2 hrs. No response whatsoever, they scammed the majority of us

30 hours and then asking for a refund? Sounds a bit ridiculous to be asking for a refund at that point but even then Steam probably won't do it either since you could have beaten the game and most of the sidequests at that points with that time.

Have over 70hrs of Game time on the GOG Version, gtx 1080, no abnormal issues that havent already been reported.
Should have my New Alienware PC RTX3090 arriving tomorrow Looking foreward to see the difference.
I Have 300 games on Steam. They will not refund anything over 10hrs of playtime. No Exceptions.

Sorry to hear about your issue, best of luck.

If you go past 2 hours of gameplay, they will not refund you because you can beat the game in under 30 hrs if you just do straight story...

Incorrect. I had 3.5-4 hours in (Steam was showing two different metrics to me for some reason) and they refunded it. 30hrs I have to agree is quite a stretch though. The moment they issued their first refund to someone with over 2hours, that defense became weaker. All people can do is try. Good luck. (And I only got up to the initial Ripperdoc scene in my play through. Playing around in character creator and tabbing out to research crashes and bugs you're experiencing can eat up a lot of time)

Have over 70hrs of Game time on the GOG Version, gtx 1080, no abnormal issues that havent already been reported.
Should have my New Alienware PC RTX3090 arriving tomorrow Looking foreward to see the difference.
I Have 300 games on Steam. They will not refund anything over 10hrs of playtime. No Exceptions.

Sorry to hear about your issue, best of luck.

That is not strictly true. I had an incident with steam regarding a refund and I did get my money back. But I literally had to ticket them to death. They had claimed I had been playing for 10 hours (as you indicated in your post) and not eligible. However it wasnt physically possible as it took me 7.5 hours to download the game. I eventually got my refund. My account was/is in good standing and I had never requested before a refund and I was told point blank no refund. but I got one. I also pointed out the TOC is quite clear that I am eligible for a refund if i played for less than 2 hours. My total play time was 30 mins. They tried to rip me off under their own terms and conditions.

However a refund after 30 hours even I might struggle with. I do wish you luck though.

You will need to wait until they fix the bugs, I am not sure what bug you are running into, but I've had no issues at all. Fat chance they will allow you to get a refund if you've had 30 hrs of gameplay... Even if you didn't beat the story you still had 30 hrs of gameplay so unfortunately nothing can be done for you.
You can check their achievements to see if thats the case. Many like myself have not come anywhere close to completion.

Top Bottom