How do you keep screwing everything up?

+
So I uninstalled version 1.04 a few days back because it's a crash-prone piece of crap. Patch notes for version 1.05 mentioned crash fixes, so I figured what the hell. I assumed, naively, because that would make sense and would actually be a smart and proper thing to do, that GOG Galaxy would be the first to receive the update and that the game I would be downloading will already be 1.05. You know, like it works on Steam and Origin and Uplay and every other store that's not made by complete muck-ups. So I turn on the long, long download and then go to sleep. When I wake up, I try to launch the game, and it, being the technological nightmare than it is, predictably crashes.

And then GOG Galaxy tells me that an update is ready.

Yeah, turns out I downloaded version 1.04. Now I gotta download 1.05 and wait seven hours for it to patch because CDPR's patching method is as great as their marketing is honest.

And after all of this, CD Projekt has the gall to start a winter sale on GOG. You know, I deleted my entire GOG wishlist. You don't deserve any more money from me. And I doubt you ever will.

Ironically, the update just went live.

I get it you're pissed off with the game, but the GoG store is something else.
Just the fact it has no DRM and no mandatory launcher means it takes priority on my gaming purchases whenever the game is available there.

I get it you're pissed off with the game, but the GoG store is something else.
Just the fact it has no DRM and no mandatory launcher means it takes priority on my gaming purchases whenever the game is available there.
I used to be like that before Cyberpunk.

I used to be like that before Cyberpunk.
They screwed the game, yes. But not the store (yet).

It's not like EA or Ubi that keep re-releasing the same shitty games with a new skin and keep on doing anti-consumer practices.

With every witcher game they released, they were really messy at launch, specially witcher 2. There were a lotta salt over witcher 3 at launch too, but they fixed the issues over time, gave free updates that other companies would consider DLCs and their expansions were significant.

Right now I'm not that pissed off over CP2077, but if they truly changed and don't fix the game and its many flaws, well... I'm not buying another CDPR game.

Even then I would still keep using the store thanks to its strong points, unless that changes too...

They screwed the game, yes. But not the store (yet).
The store brings them 30% off every purchase, so... yeah.
It's not like EA or Ubi that keep re-releasing the same shitty games with a new skin and keep on doing anti-consumer practices.
Let's be completely honest here: Cyberpunk is really just a Far Cry game set in the city. So a comparison with Ubi is apt, but not for the reasons you probably thought.
And you know, releasing a broken goddamn mess with an IOU "we'll totally fix it up later, you guys" is quite anti-consumer. Outrageously anti-consumer, I'd say.
With every witcher game they released, they were really messy at launch, specially witcher 2.
I played the Witcher games. I remember how Witcher 1 was pre-patches. None of them were as bad as Cyberpunk.
they fixed the issues over time
You know, one would expect that with eight years of development on their fourth game, with a gigantic budget, gigantic staff and no publishers breathing down their necks, that there would be no need to "fix issues over time" after the game's already on the store shelves.
gave free updates that other companies would consider DLCs
Free updates are not free. There's always something to gain here. If they aren't getting your money with them, then they are getting your good will and loyalty. And those Witcher 3 "sixteen free DLCs"? Yeah, they were just content cut from the main game.

What they also did with The Witcher 3:
- Lied about the graphics not being downgraded from the E3 showings; were caught red handed.
- Messed up the Russian localization (about 40% of the voice lines play back either too quick or too slow and thus end up being distorted); promised to fix it; "fixed" very few select cases via cutting words out of sentences to fit the timings; said "there, we did it"; never actually fixed it, almost half of the voice lines remain garbled to this very day.
- Didn't release mod tools until the players made their own.
- Promised they'd never sell DLC; later shifted the narrative to "we'd never sell DLC... only EXPANSION PACKS" (as if there's any difference between the two).

Witcher 3 was just that good so that what I brought up above didn't completely spoil the experience, but I was neutral on them. To me they weren't the "good guys" they were worshipped as. They were just another corporation being a corporation.
Right now I'm not that pissed off over CP2077, but if they truly changed and don't fix the game and its many flaws, well... I'm not buying another CDPR game.

Even then I would still keep using the store thanks to its strong points, unless that changes too...
I'm not buying any more of their games even if they do fix it, because just fixing it is not enough to make up for the outrageous lies they have spouted. Just fixing it is a bare goddamn minimum; it's something that's a no-brainer, OF COURSE they should fix it. It's like if someone gets drunk and takes a dump on the floor during your grandma's birthday party. OF COURSE they should clean it up afterwards, but just because they cleaned it up doesn't mean you forgive them doing that in the first place. Same principle applies here. Of course they should fix it, but it won't regain my trust. Frankly, I don't think they can regain my trust.
An easy decision for me, since GOG already did turn for the worse over the years, what's with less good old games and digital extras and initiatives that are highly publicized and then quickly abandoned (GOG Connect; adding unofficial Russian localizations). And, you know, being a part of CD Projekt. That's also a red flag right there.

So I uninstalled version 1.04 a few days back because it's a crash-prone piece of crap. Patch notes for version 1.05 mentioned crash fixes, so I figured what the hell. I assumed, naively, because that would make sense and would actually be a smart and proper thing to do, that GOG Galaxy would be the first to receive the update and that the game I would be downloading will already be 1.05. You know, like it works on Steam and Origin and Uplay and every other store that's not made by complete muck-ups. So I turn on the long, long download and then go to sleep. When I wake up, I try to launch the game, and it, being the technological nightmare than it is, predictably crashes.

And then GOG Galaxy tells me that an update is ready.

Yeah, turns out I downloaded version 1.04. Now I gotta download 1.05 and wait seven hours for it to patch because CDPR's patching method is as great as their marketing is honest.

And after all of this, CD Projekt has the gall to start a winter sale on GOG. You know, I deleted my entire GOG wishlist. You don't deserve any more money from me. And I doubt you ever will.
You have every reason to be mad. It's really aggravating. I must be one of the lucky one's because I haven't had any of the problems I keep reading about. I hope you get it fixed so you can play. If you even still want to play it I should say.

I can totally understand your anger. It's the exact same I have against EA/Ubi/Bethesda.

But personally, them being bad at making games isn't the same as being bad at making games -and- using draconic DRM, games as service and all the other shenanigans those other companies do.

I still like them despite the current disappointment.

But that's just like, my opinion.

VONhN.gif

I'm not buying any more of their games even if they do fix it, because just fixing it is not enough to make up for the outrageous lies they have spouted. Just fixing it is a bare goddamn minimum; it's something that's a no-brainer, OF COURSE they should fix it. It's like if someone gets drunk and takes a dump on the floor during your grandma's birthday party. OF COURSE they should clean it up afterwards, but just because they cleaned it up doesn't mean you forgive them doing that in the first place. Same principle applies here. Of course they should fix it, but it won't regain my trust. Frankly, I don't think they can regain my trust.

Im returning my Amazon ps4 copy tommorrow, still got GOG refund request opened for 6 days now. Once I get both refunds I will be gone from this forum lol

Gonna wait until they hopefully fix this game and get it for $30 or less in like 2 months.

Stonkss

But personally, them being bad at making games isn't the same as being bad at making games -and- using draconic DRM, games as service and all the other shenanigans those other companies do.
Yeah, well when Bethesda had a game of the same level of polish and quality on release (Fallout 76), people gave them no end of ire, myself included. I fail to see how CD Projekt is any different. The latest asscreed might have games as service bull and microtransactions and other bullcrap, but you know, it actually works, which means it's better than Cyberpunk on the most basic level. That's not even getting into stuff like the amount and quality of content and writing.
Post automatically merged:

I still like them despite the current disappointment.
Well, you do you, but don't come complaining to me when the next inevitable disappointment hits like an 18-wheeler.

Bethesda had a game of the same level of polish and quality on release
That's every bethesda game. To be fair, it's every CDPR game too. I posted elsewhere, but because of the movement in witcher3 at launch, it was unplayable for me. It took them a quite to add the alternative animation system and then it became one of the games I've enjoyed the most.
I fail to see how CD Projekt is any different.
They didn't ban people for modding and then made them write a 2 page essay on how modding is wrong to get their account back.
They didn't install a monthly subscription on TW3.
They didn't charge for cosmetics.
They didn't release small updates as paid DLC like in Skyrim, Fallout 4. And yes you said free aint free, but free is freer than paid for previous customers.

This is all subject to change of course, we will see how they handle CP2077 from here onward. Even No Man's sky came back from that disaster.

The latest asscreed might have games as service bull and microtransactions and other bullcrap, but you know, it actually works, which means it's better than Cyberpunk on the most basic level. That's not even getting into stuff like the amount and quality of content and writing.
I wouldn't know as the bullcrap mentioned keeps me from buying or pirating any of those games. Just zero interest in the rerashed crap they make.

Also I played Cyberpunk several hours today, before and after the update. Had zero crashes or real issues. Only the usual dumb glitches. I get it, it's not working for everyone, which sucks. The QA in this game is as lacking as it is for bethesda.

As for the quality of the writing, a certain quest made me cry a little, as I had been in that situation before. It was quite good, but overall it's a mixed bag. Some is good, some is terrible, most of it is just passable. TW3 had better stories and sidequests.

Well, you do you, but don't come complaining
You're the one complaining. I'm mostly disappointed. I'm also enjoying the game, just wish it was better and most of the stuff from the 2018 trailer wasn't just scrapped out.

That's every bethesda game. To be fair, it's every CDPR game too. I posted elsewhere, but because of the movement in witcher3 at launch, it was unplayable for me. It took them a quite to add the alternative animation system and then it became one of the games I've enjoyed the most.
Not every Bethesda game. And not every CDPR game. Fallout 76 was a standout case. So is Cyberpunk.
They didn't ban people for modding and then made them write a 2 page essay on how modding is wrong to get their account back.
They didn't install a monthly subscription on TW3.
They didn't charge for cosmetics.
Yeah, they just released an unplayable goddamn mess, which is worse than any of the above; so what's your point?
They didn't release small updates as paid DLC like in Skyrim, Fallout 4. And yes you said free aint free, but free is freer than paid for previous customers.
Unless you're talking Creation Club, the actual DLCs for Skyrim and Fallout 4 were way bigger than Witcher 3's sixteen DLCs.
I wouldn't know as the bullcrap mentioned keeps me from buying or pirating any of those games. Just zero interest in the rerashed crap they make.
And yet you praise Cyberpunk. Oh the irony.
Also I played Cyberpunk several hours today, before and after the update. Had zero crashes or real issues. Only the usual dumb glitches. I get it, it's not working for everyone, which sucks. The QA in this game is as lacking as it is for bethesda.
No, the QA in this game is worse than any Bethesda game... other than Fallout 76. Fallout 76 is the only one it compares to.
Hell, but even Fallout 76 wasn't kicked off PSN by Sony.

Also, here's the punchline to my OP: after spending hours installing the update (because their GOG Galaxy installer is absolutely friggin wonderful), I checked it out and... it still crashes on every other startup like it used to. So yeah.
You're the one complaining. I'm mostly disappointed. I'm also enjoying the game, just wish it was better and most of the stuff from the 2018 trailer wasn't just scrapped out.
I'm complaining now. Next time I won't be complaining. Because I just won't buy the next game from these clowns, plain and simple. Yeah, I hate microtransactions. I hate games as services. I hate all of those anti-consumer practices. And guess what? I also hate being used as an alpha tester despite paying for the game. And when you buy their next release just to be disappointed once more, remember this conversation.
Though you won't.

So I uninstalled version 1.04 a few days back because it's a crash-prone piece of crap

If its on a pc you cannot say that as a general fact. There are many player i have seen saying they have a d no issues my self included. Its amazing how many think that software if "broken" yet other can run the same "broken " software smoothly.

Again that is an end user issue not a problem of CDPR we downloaded the same patch and I did it less than 20min

saying I can play whatever game fine is irrelevant since each game is unique in its construction.

In general I disagree with your post as I n my view its overreactive. I'm not saying the game is perfect I gave it 6.5 as a review 22k players gave it a 7.1 on meta critic so its not as bad as some here make it out to be and not as "broken" as some make it out to be and I still got my $60 worth.

Top Bottom