How I'd Approach Cyberpunk Issues & Fan Trust

+
My plan to attack the issues and regain fan trust would be:
  1. All hands on deck to work on troubleshooting any bugs and issues in the game. Hopefully the game is not as much of a mess from this standpoint in the next 3-6 months. In addition to this put a heavy focus on 'balancing' the game. From skills, to gun damage, to enemy damage, etc.

2. Postpone any plans for multiplayer until the single player version of the game is not in shambles

3. Free DLC Pack 1 ('Cosmetic' DLC):
    1. Barber Shops to change hair/appearance.
    2. Gear cosmetics. Offer the ability to 'transmog' gear or select full body gear sets that aren't so brutal looking.
    3. Potentially add some extra hairstyles, tattoo options, etc.
    4. Introduce more gear mods, additional modifiers, etc.
  4. Free DLC Pack 2 ('Romance' DLC):
    1. Provide alternate outfits for the romance options in the game.
    2. Potentially open up more romance options. (Making all four romance options available to either gender, creating interactions between them if you try to romance more than one of them, etc)
    3. Add more 'Joytoys'.
    4. Provide small amounts of additional story content with the romance-oriented characters. Texts when the main story ends, additional dialogue options when you visit them, etc.
  5. Free DLC Pack 3 ('Car' DLC)
    1. Add more cars to the game.
    2. Add the ability to paint cars different colors, add stickers, etc.
    3. Create more 'races' in the game. These could spawn randomly around the map and have varied levels of difficulties and routes.
    4. Add more car options, such as setting a 'default' car and things like that.
If they can do something like that and also churn out two expansions that are on the level of Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, then I think CDPR will regain its spot as 'THE' developer. I would only focus on multiplayer once the single-player game is ready to go and they feel confident in having the resources/time necessary to create at least two high-level, paid expansions.

Anything cosmetic can wait or stay unfixed for all I care, it's first person and there are more important problems.
Same for walking (I've never needed to walk) and nudity.

Yeah cosmetics can honestly wait. Bigger problem IMO is complete lack of stuff to do if you're not actively following a quest or a point of interest. Just trying to explore by foot will give you a tonne of nice things to look at but nearly nothing you can interact with which kinda sucks.

I'm hoping its not going to take DLC to fix crafting and character customisation (clothes, appearance). If that stuff isn't there in the January patch then I might never come back.

DLC should be for more content (better endings!!) not unlocks which is what has happened.

Fixing the idiotic NPC behavior (i.e. giving them more variance in action and making it so they don't disappear every time you turn your back), car behavior (i.e. making it so they can actually swerve around you if you stop in front of them) and allowing police to openly roam the world and chase you in cars is a must. Those issues aren't really bugs, as much as just bad game design, but I'd rather have those fixed than get DLC.

Grand Theft Auto 3 had police that openly roamed the world and chased you in cars in 2003. How hard can it be to implement that in 2020? Honestly, though, it really seems like games have declined in terms of AI. When I think of the AI in games like Unreal Tournament, FEAR, Far Cry, and even Half-Life 2, they all completely put Cyberpunk's AI to shame.

Last edited:
A roadmap would be good to know as well so we can have a discussion about it as a community
Hopefully these all make it

As someone who didn't follow the hype of this game before it released, I haven't found myself overly disappointed with what was released. With that said, there is definitely some quality of life improvements that could be introduced.

Like glitr said, providing a road map would be very welcome. It's understandable this might take a few weeks to provide as things are worked out.

Personally, the things I would like to see added once the priority bugs are sorted are:

1. Wanted system improved significantly
2. More Weapon/Armor/Cyberware mods added
3. Greater diversity/complexity interacting with people in streets
4. Make crafting more valuable

I'm hoping its not going to take DLC to fix crafting and character customisation (clothes, appearance). If that stuff isn't there in the January patch then I might never come back.

DLC should be for more content (better endings!!) not unlocks which is what has happened.
100% Agreed ! DLC are supposed to add more content not to add things that should have been in the game in the first place. Like "the ability to paint cars different colors, add stickers". Vehicle customization was supposed to be in the game and was scrapped... It's not okay to accept that they remove features to give them as a DLC later.

Top Bottom