The game is fantastic and I'm already thinking what would make a great sequel or DLC.

+
If this is in the wrong spot, apologies. I realize it may fit "suggestions" a bit better, but since this is also praising the game, as a whole...and talking about it... I figured it might be better suited for the "General" forum as well.

Anyway...
To Whom It May Concern.. hopefully the devs or A dev will see/read this. I can hope, anyway.

It is my hope that this post may be forwarded to the higher ups or at least those who had a part in ACTUALLY MAKING THE GAME, so that they know of my thoughts. I'm not so sure that is realistic, as not every comment can make the way to the very top, but I can hope, at least.... because what I have to say about his game is worth reading, I feel. It will be a (rather long, probably) review of fairly big proportions (at least, IMO).

This is not anything bad about the game... in fact, this is something VERY GOOD about it. It's not criticism about the bugs, it's not complaining about how it is and how it needs patches, it's not asking for a refund.

Point in fact, I love the game. I bought it a few days ago and so far, I haven't noticed many (if any) bugs. Granted I save often and play slowly....I still have not found anything game breaking...

...WHAT I HAVE FOUND... is a game that I think is very great. Very enjoyable, in fact. Already I think this is one of the better games I've played this year.... the immersion is fantastic. I love how involved the game allows you to be, from making aside comments to NPCs, to the little touches you can give during certain moments, before attending to the main quests at hand.

This, put simply, is an incredible game... and I can say that NOW, ALREADY, even without any HUGE patches or DLC or updates. So if it's already that good (at least IMO), then it certainly must have the POTENTIAL to truly be an epic game... which would make sense, since it was epic in the making, the advertising, and the anticipation.

So yes.... GREAT game so far...

....but beyond my huge praise for it... I have SO MUCH MORE I hope for for the future of this game ...and hopefully.. perhaps series.

First of all, you have probably noticed, if you have looked up "talk of your game" (especially on youtube play throughs of it), that the breakout character JACKIE WELLS is SUPER. I mean, he probably has surpassed all expectations. He is already a literal love of many players. Never before have I witnessed so many gamers talking about how they love Jackie.... without putting any spoilers,... I can say safetly that I, myself, LOVE Jackie. He is a great character that you wind up really caring for.... on part with other great video game characters who really make a difference, like Kenny in THE WALKING DEAD VIDEO GAMES or ELIZABETH in BIOSHOCK INFINITE. SAM...the brother in UNCHARTED 4... these are all video game characters you really start feeling for, over time... and Jackie is a very special one. Even just a few hours in, the players affection for him is high, I feel... at least mine was....and I've read, evidenced by many other players on Youtube, that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

So....my first point of suggestion would be MORE JACKIE, if there was any way to do it. DLC exploring his path? Or..... and this is my MAIN REASON for writing at all, this long post---my true hope would be perhaps some sort of EVENTUAL SEQUEL that takes place..... well....

Consider this...

...at the beginning of this game (Cyberpunk 2077), there is a "preview" moment where time flashes by very quickly. It is supposed to show that you and Jackie have had many adventures together ALREADY and have obviously bonded and grown closer. You have many moments go by, all in a split minute, you meeting everyone for the first time, you throwing down on certain gangs along with Jackie... Hell, you DANCING IT UP with him in a club. It's a great moment that fasts forwards about a year and shows that you and him are now very good friends indeed.

This is interesting, though... in short, it's a GENIUS sort of move... because what it does is SET UP A FUTURE idea for a game, in fact. Not sure you all have already thought of it (although I'm sure you have)...but including this in the game actually is a brilliant thing that allows for the EVENTUAL RETELLING of all that went on, in full game form.
If this game (Cyberpunk 2077) is a success---and I feel and certainly hope that it WILL be---I hope a very strong consideration and thought will go into making a sequel someday..... and, if that is the case.... to perhaps go back and allow the person to actually PLAY OUT, LIVE, AND SEE all that that had gone by in a minute. There is SO MUCH story to tell there, I feel. There is virtually another whole game alone, in that.....which would obviously be a prequel.

So again, it's MY STRONG HOPE that this comment, above any others, may get sent to and seen by any developers and makers of the game, so that if they HADN'T YET thought of this idea, that they would think of it now upon reading/seeing my comment.

Make another game, sequel or prequel or.. whatever....even if it's just DLC...that explores all that went by in that intro. I implore you to do so. I'd buy it. For sure. And I'm betting many others would too.... if not because it would be even MORE GREATNESS that this game is...

...but for the fact that it would be/mean................MORE JACKIE.

Jackie here, I maintain, is the TRUE star of Cyberpunk2077. He makes it worthwhile

okay... so moving on, secondly......Another HUGE part of the game that I feel (IMO) has great potential and might be worth exploring more are the segments defined as "BRAINDANCES". At first, these parts reminded me of the parts in BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS and BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT in which you recreate crimescenes in order to find out what happened and to locate certain bits of evidence....

But this was more like TEN TIMES that.. or perhaps 100 times. This was FULL IMMERSION. I LOVED it... I wanted more. I couldn't WAIT for the next braindance part.
it was YET ANOTHER GENIUS idea. To not only be able to experience a long segment from the point of view of the person who lived it...but to be able to go into "edit" mode and FURTHER explore things that were "witnessed" by the subject, yet might have been missed by their senses. Things like sounds and conversations in the background, picked up UNCONSCIOUSLY.... or being able to venture a little bit aways from the subject to see what others were doing at the time.... to be able to EXAMINE AND PAUSE the world to catch things that the eyes might have missed (at the time), but that the BRAIN MIGHT HAVE STILL REGISTERED... this whole concept is PURE BRILLIANCE...and, in fact, I wish it was THE ENTIRE GAME ALONE. If you made a game that was NOTHING but "brain dance experiences" and perhaps centered around some bigger story, like solving a mystery or solving MANY, little different mysteries,... all via the ideas and info you have at your hand via braindances....THAT WOULD BE AN AMAZING GAME. You have here an actual POWERHOUSE of an idea and have not fully realized it yet, I feel. Make a game that is NOTHING but the "braindance" concept...... not just exploring for fun, though,.. like I said, have a story....but have it so you use those powers to solve crimes or...well, whatever you want, however you make it....

...but the backdrop, have it be predominantly the braindance idea.

I have a feeling this is a game that would sell REALLY well...because let me tell you, those were the most enjoyable moments of the game. Just the way it unlocked a DETECTIVE SIDE of you, scanning for certain clues that the subject may have picked up on, at the time, but not realized they picked up.... I spent AN HOUR in the first two braindance segments, I fully admit. I explored every possible avenue.

I CANNOT be the only one.

There is an untapped audience here for you, I feel. One that you could expand upon.

-------------

So there are two possible, potential sequels for you involving this universe.... a possible prequel that shows you the intro of these characters (the part that went by in the beginning)...and exploring the full "BRAIN DANCE" experience. I'm talking a game that is, like, 95 percent "brain dance". It's there, I'm telling you. Explore that path more, you really should.....hell, you should before -I- take the idea and run with it, haha..

No, I kid... but I have no doubt someone might read this and really do run with it. You should have first crack...it's a glorious concept that should be looked at further, I feel.
Anyway... these are just a humble suggestions coming from someone who already loves the game, however... take it or don't... again, I hold no delusions that my comment will ACTUALLY be seen by anyone involved in making the actual game---truthfully, it'll probably just be seen by press agents or secretaries... or those who monitor the comments to make sure there isn't heaps of abuse or to solve possible issues.

But please.. I hope you will take this all as it's meant.... for a nice change, a rare pace of actual COMPLIMENTS AND GOOD RAVES for the game rather than the usual outcry of "refund, refund!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel this game has... GREAT POTENTIAL.. once all the patches are in place and it's slightly fixed to make the masses happy.... after that, this game has the chance to SOAR up the "great video games" list, I feel...and any and all SEQUELS, possible or not... DLC or no.... have, IMO, just as much potential for better stories and great, fleshed-out characters that we grow to love.

In closing, thank you to anyone who reads this long novel of a review.......and I hope some of the things are taken to heart and thought about... even if just for a second.

Thank you, all, for making a great game. It truly is.

Thank you, sincerely...

Chris Nealon

First let me say I'm loving the game. On PC, not many real bugs, mostly graphical glitches. Over 80 hour so far. Not close to being done.

That being said I'm not so blind that I can't see the game is woefully incomplete. Before any talk of sequels or DLC they really need to finish this game and make it the masterpiece is should be.

I have so many ideas for potential dlc, too many to mention, what would be a nice though, is seeing one of the CP2020 missions/stories being made into a dlc, that would be fantastic imho, something for the old school pnp CP2020 players and ppl new to the CP genre.

But before any mention of dlc can take place, they need to address the core issues that have been raised already, like performance, stability and fleshing out the game, breathe some life and soul into the mannequin npc's.

Snake nation and your bakkers in it, and the other expansionsare the corps and the space station... there ya go...

Top Bottom