PC: Post 1.05 issues

+
I would just like to have some short issues listed. No complaining please, just do something like this (if you experience it):
~After getting 1.05, performance (FPS) drops to half the normal, after fast travelling a few times (3 or more).
Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig
Storage - OS on SSD, Game on SATA

Notes:
With custom optimized settings after watching Digital Foundry's video on the subject, I roll 30-45 fps on my main monitor (2560x1440). In 1.04, this would last hours, or until I got into some scene with the main plot. Then it would drop to 5-8 FPS until I saved, quit, and reloaded. In 1.05, the same drop happens after 3 quick travels, or about 40 minutes of play. Whichever comes first. Same workaround.

Another issue:
~After 1.05, performance in vehicles is less than it was in 1.04 (FPS)
Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig

Notes:
With custom optimized settings after watching Digital Foundry's video on the subject, I roll 25-35 fps on my main monitor (2560x1440). No workarounds other than walking.

I would just like to have some short issues listed. No complaining please, just do something like this (if you experience it):
~After getting 1.05, performance (FPS) drops to half the normal, after fast travelling a few times (3 or more).
Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig

Notes:
With custom optimized settings after watching Digital Foundry's video on the subject, I roll 30-45 fps on my main monitor (2560x1440). In 1.04, this would last hours, or until I got into some scene with the main plot. Then it would drop to 5-8 FPS until I saved, quit, and reloaded. In 1.05, the same drop happens after 3 quick travels, or about 40 minutes of play. Whichever comes first. Same workaround.

Another issue:
Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig

Notes:
With custom optimized settings after watching Digital Foundry's video on the subject, I roll 25-35 fps on my main monitor (2560x1440). No workarounds other than walking.
How do you get 1.05 already? There's no update on my game (steam ver)?

@LG135 1.0.5 is available on Gog for PCs since a few hours ago.
Deployement of this patch was strange here, as I had to reboot to unstuck the aplying process (was stuck @ 92%, i'm quite sure this comes from uploading saves in cloud wich is also get stuck sometimes, as with acheivements).

@LG135 1.0.5 is available on Gog for PCs since a few hours ago.
Deployement of this patch was strange here, as I had to reboot to unstuck the aplying process (was stuck @ 92%, i'm quite sure this comes from uploading saves in cloud wich is also get stuck sometimes, as with acheivements).
steam version has not received this yet. Weird.

Just got a trojan notification by malwarebytes while downloading the 1.05 patch through GOG Galaxy
Weird.

@ShineRey It is 1.0.5, I just load the game and see 1.0.5 in the menu.

@seikojin :
I'd try this :
- load the game, go into setting
- screenshot any custom setting you made
- then come to default one : with your config, I'd try details High, RT Low + slow HDD setting.
Then see if it's still slow, and if not, with the help of your screenshots to compare, retry each of your settings to find out the one that makes the game acting weird since your patch.

A stupid thing to check also : if you have a laptop, be sure that your power cordon is well plugged in the laptop. Yesterday I showed the game to my brother and was saying "well err, it's half fps it used to be, err, but..." until I realized the power cordon was not well plugged.

Also, the best upgrade you can do to your game is to install it on your SSD. I have a lower config than you and the game is fluid.

Last edited:
I feel like I lost about 20 fps with this new patch.

Anyone else experiencing low FPS on patch 1.05 ?

Same thing is happening to me. I've changed no settings, but since patch 1.05 I'm running at least 20 fps lower consistently.

My specs:
GPU: rx580 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
RAM: 16gb
Game's installed on an SSD

Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig

Notes:

Another issue:
Some specs:
CPU - Core i7 940
GPU - RTX 2070 (8 gig)
RAM - 48 gig

Notes:

We have a similar set up. Prior to the 1.05 update, everything ran fine other than the usual bugs that come up since the launch. Now the game will not even launch. The launcher come up and the "play" button give no response what so ever.
With the hours I have put in on steam. Nothing to do but wait this out as I have already updated everything i can and reinstalled the game.

I feel like I lost about 20 fps with this new patch.

Anyone else experiencing low FPS on patch 1.05 ?

Yes, after the update I've lost ~20fps in specific indoor story scene saves I've used to compare performance without all the random variables in the open world.

The only way to get this performance back is to reboot. After a fresh boot and loading right into the game I'll see that 20fps return, but eventually it drops again. I'm not really sure what's triggering it or why. I can quit the game entirely and reload a few times before the loss kicks in, but it's not like a standard memory leak where a kill and relaunch fixes the issue. When this happens it seems to persist through full exits and reloads, without anything extraneous in the background eating up resources. Only a reboot of Win10 will temporarily resolve it. Nvidia 2060 latest drivers, Intel 4790k with 16GB RAM on W10 20H2 fwiw.

CPU is on the low end these days, I know, but it's very messed up and makes absolutely no sense to me, never experienced such a huge loss in performance and return in any game like that before. I've tried some of those performance mods just to see if they were any better, but they actually make whatever this is happen immediately, so no help there.

So yeah, try a reboot and see if you notice some major gains. May not do anything for you, but I know I'd love to be able to play without rebooting all the time.

@ShineRey It is 1.0.5, I just load the game and see 1.0.5 in the menu.

@seikojin :
I'd try this :
- load the game, go into setting
- screenshot any custom setting you made
- then come to default one : with your config, I'd try details High, RT Low + slow HDD setting.
Then see if it's still slow, and if not, with the help of your screenshots to compare, retry each of your settings to find out the one that makes the game acting weird since your patch.

A stupid thing to check also : if you have a laptop, be sure that your power cordon is well plugged in the laptop. Yesterday I showed the game to my brother and was saying "well err, it's half fps it used to be, err, but..." until I realized the power cordon was not well plugged.

Also, the best upgrade you can do to your game is to install it on your SSD. I have a lower config than you and the game is fluid.
My settings were less than default, except for the Number/amount of ray tracing. That I set to Psycho. So I hit default, checked in game, dropped to 6 fps. So I disabled Ray Tracing, and it blasted up to 35-40FPS.

So I am going to try the SSD part. Gonna have to do some extra since that poor thing only was 500 gigs and had 65 gigs free when I went to copy stuff over.
Post automatically merged:

1.05 made the game buggier. f
Could you provide examples? I mean that is what was asked in the OP.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, after the update I've lost ~20fps in specific indoor story scene saves I've used to compare performance without all the random variables in the open world.

The only way to get this performance back is to reboot. After a fresh boot and loading right into the game I'll see that 20fps return, but eventually it drops again. I'm not really sure what's triggering it or why. I can quit the game entirely and reload a few times before the loss kicks in, but it's not like a standard memory leak where a kill and relaunch fixes the issue. When this happens it seems to persist through full exits and reloads, without anything extraneous in the background eating up resources. Only a reboot of Win10 will temporarily resolve it. Nvidia 2060 latest drivers, Intel 4790k with 16GB RAM on W10 20H2 fwiw.

CPU is on the low end these days, I know, but it's very messed up and makes absolutely no sense to me, never experienced such a huge loss in performance and return in any game like that before. I've tried some of those performance mods just to see if they were any better, but they actually make whatever this is happen immediately, so no help there.

So yeah, try a reboot and see if you notice some major gains. May not do anything for you, but I know I'd love to be able to play without rebooting all the time.
I had my perf return on exit and relaunch of the game. But recently (today), it wouldn't. I turned off RTX and that let the FPS shoot back up. I am going to try a run from SSD to see how much that helps. I will leave on slow mode since I know that is specific to users with NVME drives.

The Patch Notes mentioned fixing crashes, first time I loaded the game up it immediately crashed.:(

As to FPS my last session recorded a 142fps peak, didn't notice any slow downs and I notice if it drops below 60 just by how any game feels. Not 'felt' any FPS issues with this game at all, maybe I've not been in the same places as those saying they had a "20 FPS drop" with the latest patch?

před touto opravou 0 havárie poté oprava mé hry havaruje každý čas, když jdu s Judy Save Parkerem se kvůli tomu nemůžu pohnout v příběhu

Memory leak, happened on 1.03 and 1.04 as well. For me 1.05 seems to actually improve this a bit but it's still there. Have to go back to main menu and reload to fix. CDPR is aware of this issue according to the 1.05 patch notes but don't expect it to get fixed until January. For now I've just lowered my game settings so it takes longer before I have to restart.

Most bugs I encountered before seem fixed, but the key remapping blocker is back. Forced "F" and that kind of nonsense.

i didnt have any problems with 1.04, other than pulverizing unconscious people by gently laying them down, which cased me to fail a lot of optional missions... still happening. I crashed 3 times over 50 hours with the 1.04 patch.

I'm now crashing about every 30 minutes. I'm here because the game crashed as i was standing in the desert lining up a shot before a fight. Today I've primary been out in the desert.

// EDIT: I had a light overclock on my gpu with MSI afterburner. 100mhz on core and memory. I removed the overclock and the game no longer crashes. But the overclock was stable before 1.05 and was stable in other games //

With 1.05 I'm also dying significantly more often from harmless jumps. https://streamable.com/k0j0zf

Two times Ive had a situation where I couldnt draw my weapon in a fight. In one of those instances it seemed to mix up the stances causing my character to hold the pistol like a rifle.

i5-7600k 4.8ghz, gtx1080, 16gb 3200mhz Ram, OS is on sata ssd, Game is on Nvme m.2. 1440p Low 85% resolution.

Last edited:
After putting the game to my ssd, I didn't notice much FPS improvement, however less pop in of things like doors, windows, insides of buildings. Interestingly enough, that never happened with RTX enabled.

That is strange, I assumed you had a bus problem (so the SSD would have fed the CGU/CPU quicker).
What gen is your CPU ?

I have :
i7 10750H (10th gen, 12 threads)
16 GB of ram
RTX2060 (6 Gb i think, laptop version)
SSD (same for OS & game, planning to buy a second one to move games there)
Win 10 family I think.

Made a techie stuff in BIOS on the SSD to mount a double boot with Ubuntu.
I project the game on a 1080p/60Hz TV.

Never saw your 5-8 FPS drop, but with 1.0.5 I do see a performance decrease.

You play with DLSS enabled, rigth ?

Last edited:
I thought with 1.05 the texture gray texture bug on shoulder would be fix. Unfortunately it has not been fixed.
The game is with no mod and integrity verified twice.

You can see gray texture near the shoulder.
20201221202052_1.jpg

Top Bottom