Update your NVIDIA drivers!

+
Everything runs smoothly on the 3080, cpu i9/10k, 32goddr on Ultra setting-Rtx @3440x1440 34"
I don't know about the fps, but it's the same on Minecraft, really smooth :sad:
I encoded the video @1080p i don't know how to do with magix pro to convert on mp3 @1440p ^^

Last edited:
Game was running fine, no crashes. Then I updated to the GeForce Driver Version 460.89. Game starts crashing a LOT, usually with in minutes. I rolled back drivers. Game has not crash in about 30 minutes of game play.

Game was running fine, no crashes. Then I updated to the GeForce Driver Version 460.89. Game starts crashing a LOT, usually with in minutes. I rolled back drivers. Game has not crash in about 30 minutes of game play.
Yeah the new drivers that came out on december 15th are trash, the december 9th drivers are the ones people want.

Guest 4454648

I updated my Drives last night and when I loaded back into my game my saves didn't save.

I played Cyberpunk all day yesterday, I got up to level 24 and Street Cred level 35 and did tons of side quests and main quests.

When my drivers updated and I got back to the game, I was brought back 6 levels and all the quests and missions I completed did not save. All my progress was gone and I am back to what I was yesterday morning, losing all the progress I did throughout the day.

I lost almost 9 hours of progress, I there a fix for this, please.
Hmm, graphics drivers has nothing todo with this am quite sure. Your game progress simply wasn't saved before you updated the drivers. Now, what cases that is hard to say without more info. When you do a quicksave do you get a confirmation popup?
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if anyone has brought this up but all my problems were solved by turning my overclock on evga precision x1 back to default clock speeds. Something weird going on with cyberpunk and boosted GPUs
Nope, its not Cyperpunk, its the crappy driver.

The game runs extremely smoothly on the NVIDIA RTX2080 OC. Most settings on Ultra including the Ray Tracing.

Seems that those drivers are buggy for a lot of people in regard to what's in the nvidia forums ...
Will try without it then see how it goes
Not necessarily so. I tried NVIDIA 457.09, 460.79 and 460.89. And would you guess? The only one that works reasonably is the oldest one 457.09. Much lower incidence of crashes while in game management dialogs for more than 15 sec (?!) With the other two newer drivers the game crashes to the point of no usability. Impossible to configure anything or save.
I updated my Drives last night and when I loaded back into my game my saves didn't save.

I played Cyberpunk all day yesterday, I got up to level 24 and Street Cred level 35 and did tons of side quests and main quests.

When my drivers updated and I got back to the game, I was brought back 6 levels and all the quests and missions I completed did not save. All my progress was gone and I am back to what I was yesterday morning, losing all the progress I did throughout the day.

I lost almost 9 hours of progress, I there a fix for this, please.
Not necessarily updating NVIDIA drivers actually helps CP2077. I tried NVIDIA 457.09, 460.79 and 460.89. And would you guess? The only one that works reasonably is the oldest one 457.09. Much lower incidence of crashes while in game management dialogs for more than 15 sec (?!) With the other two newer drivers the game crashes to the point of no usability. Impossible to configure anything or save.

Updating to 460.89 killed the FPS benefit that patch v1.04 did for driving. As soon as I enter or ride on a vehicle my FPS drops from ~45 to less than 20 EVEN IF I DON'T MOVE. Just the act of getting into a vehicle or sitting on a bike causes the drop. I get 35+ no matter what I'm doing as long as I'm on foot. 460.79 were better.

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
i5-4670K OC @ 4.0GHz
8 GB RAM
Win 10
Low settings preset

So after 50 hours of troubleshooting. This is how I solved the Flatlined error with the reason "unhandled exception".

• Reinstall Nvidia/Amd Drivers.
  • Reinstall the game after deleting all local files from the hidden "appdata" folder in users.
  • Make sure the game gets installed in the same drive where your Windows 10 (20H2-latest update) is installed.
  • Make sure Cyberpunk2077.exe in the bin folder is set to "run as administrator".
  • Verify the integrity of files through Steam.
  • Launched the game. Worked like a charm.

Updating to 460.89 killed the FPS benefit that patch v1.04 did for driving. As soon as I enter or ride on a vehicle my FPS drops from ~45 to less than 20 EVEN IF I DON'T MOVE. Just the act of getting into a vehicle or sitting on a bike causes the drop. I get 35+ no matter what I'm doing as long as I'm on foot. 460.79 were better.

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
i5-4670K OC @ 4.0GHz
8 GB RAM
Win 10
Low settings preset

not 100% sure if its the driver.

After 1.05 cant even change settings anymore, 8-20fps at max.
Before 1.05 it ran smooth as f... medium to high settings 34-70fps.

not 100% sure if its the driver.

After 1.05 cant even change settings anymore, 8-20fps at max.
Before 1.05 it ran smooth as f... medium to high settings 34-70fps.
I'm on 460.79 still and 1.05 completely broke the game for me in the same manner. I made a separate post about it.

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but the drivers, as far as NVIDIA's job, aren't that great. On top of that, the game really needs MAJOR changes in how the world is rendered/loaded, mostly inside the city. It's really unacceptable that a RTX 2060 Super can't really keep stable framerates, going down to 20 FPS in some occasions and rarely reaching more than 40 FPS. Doesn't matter much what graphics options I choose, the difference is minimal and not really worth the loss in visual fidelity.

Please, devote yourselves into fixing this 1st before creating new content for the game, please.

I have a 2060s and 9600k, min fps at 1080p is 54-60 to a max of 70 or more, after 1.04 i got huge fps boost.

Make sure to have non last nvidia drivers as they apparently cause issues.

2060 is a awful cheap low performance card.

You are getting exactly what you paid for.

Nothing to change with 2060s.

2060 is a awful cheap low performance card.

You are getting exactly what you paid for.

Nothing to change with 2060s.
"awfull cheap low performance card"
Yeah ok buddy, the 2060s is at pare with a 2070, and it's not a bad card, neither cheap, now, where i live you can't even find them brand new.

And yeah, i got what a paid for, 100+ fps on 90% of games all ultra at 1080p, that's why i get it, for 1080p is a strong card.

"awfull cheap low performance card"
Yeah ok buddy, the 2060s is at pare with a 2070, and it's not a bad card, neither cheap, now, where i live you can't even find them brand new.

Its years old.
Its dirt cheap.
Its a budget card and one of the lowest branches of a 2xxx

And you expect real performance? come on buddy.
Be angry at yourself for being cheap not at game designers for not designing games for the lowest performance hardware.

Its years old.
Its dirt cheap.

Be angry at yourself for being cheap not at game designers for not designing games for the lowest performance hardware.
I think you misunderstand my response to the other guy, my response wasn't addressing performance problem rather giving the user feedback since he has my same GPU.
I'm not having performance problem after 1.04 and some tweaks, still, devs listed a 2060, not even the S version, for 2K gameplay.
Can't deny the fact that this game is a brick compared to other games around with way more pumped graphic, like Metro for example, that runs way better than this, and people with GPU way better than mine still struggle.

But hey, not here to change your mind, you can believe whatever you want to believe.

Its years old.
Its dirt cheap.

I am getting the same bad performance on a 2080ti (45-70fps) ... its all over the place. 4k Ultra vs 540p Low, exact same FPS.

Its not the cards bruh.

Top Bottom