Insider info from CDPR - Development timline (TW2 - CP2077)

+
I know im gonna get a the usual "yeah but how do yenno its even legit?!?!?" etc etc so take it for what you will
some very interesting insight from someone in Poland with a close friend employed with CDPR.

god this looks horrendous. most of the OG devs from TW3 gone. mostly new talent fresh out of University etc with little real world experience.

EDIT: "Management gives up about metro transportation, running on the walls, flying cars, large discussions with passerbies, different voice options, and other things. My source believes that the overall content is 1/4 - 1/3 smaller than that planned before." wow..... no wonder this game feels chopped up. 75% of the original possible content was shafted and this was late 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kgl28l

Last edited:
Seems pretty accurate with everything we know from X employees and info that came out about CDPR.

Kind of come off as a company with a front of consumer friendliness but Employee Unfriendly at their core. All the benefits employees get are nice but they are cures to a symptom not the cause of illness.

That split between the original crew and the new explains the change in tone and subject from the initial reveal. Sadly that all rings true. I used to be a supporter of CDPR but this whole debacle and particularly the cut content and bait and switch over adult content has completely turned me off them, stuff like this is just nails in the coffin.

that explains why game drifted from Witcher 3 design.
i would take this with big grain of salt
+ if you don't live in eastern Europe you don't get how things are done here if this story is remotely true its feels like nothing new about eastern Europe work practice ( people have to work long hours, people like to steal ideas, managment tries to fuel fight of employes vs employes so they dont unite and ask for better salaries and so on, we have long way to go to be on par with rest of the Europe.

Ps. It's nothing new about companies getting subsidiaries from goverment, especially tech companies (which politician call the future). Often the laws deciding who gets what are not perfect and even big company like cdpr can get money as support from government.

Last edited:
i dont believe a word he says, his rant about amazon and whatnot is just gives off a fake vibe. this is nothing more than an educated guess, doesn't mean its not right just that he's full of it.

+ if you don't live in eastern Europe you don't get how things are done here if this story is remotely true its feels like nothing new about eastern Europe work practice ( people have to work long hours, people like to steal ideas, managment tries to fuel fight of employes vs employes so they dont unite and ask for better salaries and so on, we have long way to go to be on par with rest of the Europe.
As an "Eastern European" I can say how hard it would be for people to understand the general awfulness of our general working conditions. Anyone remember the STALKER devs? They had 3 cars in their parking. 2 super expensive cars owned by execs and 1 beat up car by some programmer. It's not an uncommon story in Eastern Europe.

CDPR has it better than most in the context of eastern europe but by no means great in general.

Nothing about the working conditions in the company, nor the conduct of management, has been flattering.

wages are around 40% smaller than in other game studios in Poland

Quickly glanced at Glassdoor and seems they are similar to that of Techland and listed salaries are pretty normal (ofc QA salaries are bad but that is common in this industry).

Tbh this could be written by any idiot to hurt the image of the company. Its quite easy to write something like that with common sense. It doesnt really have any reliable "insider info"

As long there is no actual employee that confirms those things, it shouldnt be believed.

As said, i think its just some butthurt gamer, that felt betrayed because his expectations werent met, so he pulls off a somehwhat easy to believe written story to hurt the image.

Maybe its true, maybe its not.

People shouldnt believe sht they read on reddit by a stranger without any real confirmations

I bought this on ps4 and it is the best game i ever played by far!! It combines gta, deus ex and even a bit of fallout. I commend everyone at cdpr. As for the many many critics, i truly feel sorry for you. If you cant overlook a few glitches here and there to truly enjoy this amazing immersive world, then you are fundamentally unhappy and nothing will ever b good enough for you. Cdpr, you are the best!! If the time ever comes when i can download my consciousness, i want it to be in this world you created!!

Huge part of it is definitely Fan fiction.

CDPR said very very early that the world won't be very large, but full and imnersive (lol).
Your friend must be a super high shark in that company since normal and above average personal don't even get nearly as much informations.

Earlier timeliness can't be correct at all since cdpr said directly that they didn't work fully on cp2077 till 2018/2019.

From what they have promised and advetised the cut and censored content is at least 50% maybe more.

I take that with a huge grain of salt and fanfiction

Last edited:
Top Bottom