List of Missing Options (and Features)

+
The only thing I can imagine why they made that decision is basically that they were too lazy or had not enough time to implement the model swap and additional proper animations for the 3rd person perspective. Which once again (with all the other missing and undercooked features on top) just proves how much they rushed this game and didn't focus enough on certain aspects in the game.

It was definitely not laziness. These people obviously worked like crazy. It was simply a strategic decision. They didn't want anybody to play this thing as third person, because "immersion". And I guess everyone who made this decision was convinced it was the right one.

The only problem is that not all people think, feel, or experience computer games the same way the people who made the decision do. However, high level decision makers rarely have the ability to acknowledge this.

Third person camera! More than anything else, third person camera. I really need to see my character that I spend so much time customizing.
at this point, they should do release a patch adding 3rd person camera as soon as possible. This would not affect the already messed up "imersive" experience, plus it would make more people buy the game.
Post automatically merged:

is there any flashlight in the game? the dark areas are just too dark, and in 2077 doesn't exist a simply flashlight, or a nightvision cyberware???

Last edited:
Here's another one that I'm surprised isn't already in the game.

Save organization based on characters.

Could you guys work in save organization on a per character basis? If that wasn't clear, it'd be cool if I could click Load Save, choose the character I want (I.E. my Male Nomad V instead of my Male or Female Street Kid V), and then see only the saves for that character.

All of these are super good ideas. I would like to see more body mods (tattoos, cybernetics, etc.). Let's just hope the developers read all of our suggestions and implement them, even if it's not for another month or two. First thing is all of the bugs. That said, hope I don't jinx myself lol, but I'm playing on Xbox One X and have only had 2 crashes. Other than that, nothing too serious...

Guest 4060800

• fix car spawn
    Cars should never spawn in close proximity - like I was looking back for a 2 seconds and when I turned facing forward again there were cars in front of me in the wasteland where I could see very far before and it was empty. They also should never spawn in direct sight - looking down a long straight road you can watch them pop in and out of existence like fireflies.
    Once an NPC car spawned inside my ride right next to me when I was looking the other way. The two cars ended up in a jumping contest, nearly killing me as I was repeatedly hit and smashed to the floor every time and I could not just run away.

• fix scene despawn
    Almost the same as car spawn, but get this: I'm driving down the road, suddenly a scene pops into existence from nothing. Like 7ish Maelstrom in front of a row of cars that immediately explodes at spawn time. But that's not the bad thing yet. I decide to use my heavy sniper rifle to pick them off the grid from a little distance - was at ~50m and increased that to maybe 100m? When I turn around to snipe em they're gone. All exploded cars gone. Enemies gone. Nothing there to shoot at. Meh.

• fix corpses/debris on cars
    Not sure if this always happens, but I had corspes on cars that slowly sunk through the roof and when half emerged the car would jump up, placing the corpse on the roof again, which would sink again, making it jump again... rinse and repeat.

• add up/down movement in BD edit mode
    Play/pause on space, okay, that's intuitive - but moving up with space would be just as intuitive, as would be going down with ctrl. Both is not available and makes the edit mode in a BD session a bit cumbersome. Please let us change theplay/pause mapping and add vertical control.

• show us the payout/offer on jobs
    It's super weird to take on a job with a payment tag of "?". If it were for me even the story should tell some numbers. Who does any kind of work without knowing what they get for it first? Meet with Evelyn and it's just "You'll be a legend over night!"... yeah, okay, to what number equates that statement? "Hey, incapacitate that cyberpsycho for me!" - "Oomph, risky, how much?" but nah, it's "lol, do it and you'll see." - expected to do the work first and then accept whatever you get..? Nobody would do that.
    Best example is the quest "Spellbound" - there can be an argument at the end regarding the reward/payout, talking about some imaginative agreement. Actually we never agreed on anything - he just says "Just buy the damn thing. Reimburse ya twofold." - next the thing costs 7500 so the quest payout should be 15k? Alright. As corpo you can make it cost only 1800ish - good, even tho you fear Nix might drop it to 3600ish based on the "twofold" statement? But turns out the payout is 11800ish by default and if you press Nix it's gonna be 16k and he'll get kinda pissed. The numbers don't add up and for not talking numbers in the first place this whole thing feels so incredibly artificial it just utterly destroys the fun it could otherwise bring. Sure I'm happy about 14.2k-ish credits, but I had to load like 5 times to analyze what was going on, which wouldn't be necessary if the player was aware of the actual situation by getting real numbers from the start.

• music volume sliders for different situations
    Let us change the volume for ambient, car, bar/club and combat music separately.
    Not sure if it's somewhere hidden - didn't find it.

• radio setting: music only
    They don't have Spotify in the future? No paid subscription to music services? Only radio stations with a moderator that keeps vexing me over and over? I end up switching the radio off entirely - first thing I do when I enter any car. Apart from emergency broadcasts I never have anything else but music playing on my 2020's car radio (which really isn't a "radio" anymore even today).

• remove the A column from "dome view" cars (or what's it called?)
    So far all the cars I've seen that came with this "no windows" tech didn't incorporate any of its benefit. Am I supposed to believe the only thing that justifies the tech is people outside being unable to look inside and that this thin sheet of metal is more bullet proof? To make this tech worthwhile, it should turn the ceiling into a screen, go over the A column and even down behind the steering wheel, giving us true awareness. There's not even a screen in the back - we're still completely blind in reverse. Further there should be some augmented reality and on screen displays that come with this kind of tech. Someone got their hands on this feature and doesn't immediately rip out the view obstructing cockpit instruments and writes their output on the freshly installed screen(s) instead?
    I don't share the need for a 3rd person cam that much. I'd like it to see myself every once in a while, true, but I'd much prefer if 1st person actually worked out playing this game. Being in or on a vehicle it just doesn't, while switching to 3rd person view it just makes the piss poor driving physics unbearably obvious. So I'm stuck between "can't do" and "don't want to" - first game I actually make heavy use of the quick travel feature, kinda turning the game into ticking checkboxes on a task list.

• motorcycles: don't do stoppies like that
    Don't laugh, but I'm getting run over by my own bike all the time. Someone thought when calling the bike it's cool to go full speed and then stop on a dime with the back wheel in the air. Sorry, but no AI coder would do that to the hardware. Plus it's just too much and looks ridiculous. Cars do the same kind of "everything will fly and crash around in the trunk and fall off the seats" emergency stop when called - it just doesn't feel right.

• vehicle brakes and sliding/drifts
    I get it's hard to do with binary keyboard input, but the S key should always perform a clean, normal brake maneuver without losing control over the vehicle - do not apply full force that spins the vehicle out of control. You could add a modifier key like shift to make inputs full force, or consider "brake + handbrake" to be a command for "lock the wheels" or "do a stoppie". Actually to do a stoppie on a motorcycle it's rather established to introduce leaning - like shift to lean forward, space to lean back. Combine lean forward + brake to do a stoppie or backwards + accelerate to do a wheelie.
    Motorcycles have a front and a rear brake and they usually don't slide around if not forced to manually. So the equivalent to the car's "handbrake" on a motorcycle would be the rear brake - let us drift only when we apply rear brake during turns. Don't do stoppies on front brake (S key) unless we lean forward at the same time. Contrary to non-rider's and noob rider's belief, it is perfectly possible to brake during a turn on a motorcycle.
    Currently, riding a bike in NC is like always leaning forward, slightly pulling the front brake and pull the wire all the way to make the rear spin and drift. This should NOT be the default way to ride.

• increase initial and maximum lean angle on motorcycles
    Even my real 2003 and 2002 manufactured bikes (Honda SC48 and SC35) allow way more lean angle than any bike in Night City. I know how a bike handles and how it should feel - using keyboard or gamepad doesn't matter: the way bikes behave in CP is just not it (also see above). Not by far. It's so much off that I have trouble to even describe what's wrong with it. Steering angle is just being ignored and the front wheel drags sideways into the turn when decelerating and out of the turn when accelerating - especially while doing a u-turn at low/no speed. Drifting ain't a thing on street bikes - in CP everything rides like a moto cross on dirt - it's plain awful.
    Riding a bike in 3rd person camera makes me want to put nails into my eyes. It's not a trike - it's a motorcycle! It should never turn anywhere without leaning considerably into that direction once you pass the 20 funny units speed. Countersteering is the only thing that can make a actually bike turn at a certain speed - upright turning is when you're going at a normal walking or slow running speed, if at all. Watch Moto Gymkhana to see incredible lean angles even at walking pace - not saying V should be a master on the bike, but rather that than this upright bobby car bs we have right now.

• fix camera position on motorcycles
    When in 3rd person we can see that V's head is waaay up over the windshield of the Kusanagi CT-3X and when leaning forward, V's face even is "above" it. I really don't understand why in 1st person view the camera is placed on V's chest, basically. It's not even possible to see the street in front on a perfectly straight road!? It's pure agony.
    Next the windshield itself. It's 2077 and the windshield is made out of 4mm thick plastic and the edge blocks the most important part of the view? Pleeeaaase, someone do something, I'm about to cry.

• fix the auto shifter and rev limiter (especially on the Turbo-R)
    Going at max speed, listening to the rev limiter... ugh, awful. On analog input we could take a little off the throttle, but not on a digital keyboard (keep in mind there *are* analog keyboards too).
    Further: what's wrong with the Turbo-R? That piece of garbage can't even shift from first to second or second to third gear without hitting the rev limiter and staying there? Just as a side node: cars don't shift gears because they reach the rev limiter. On the same note: can we have manual shift please?
    Going up a hill almost every vehicle locks into the rev limiter before finally shifting. Sounds awful, hurts the little engineer in my brain. Please remove all events of hitting the rev limiter or postponed shifting unless we do a burnout, jump, power drift or rev the engine on purpose in neutral.

• fix engine idle on the Shion "Coyote"
    That car's idle-speed controller is broken/hanging. Please fix or clean it. Way too expensive to be allowed to hurt my ears so much.

• increase/fix actual vehicle speeds
    I've just been going 199 of funny units fast and it's like... well, the sound fakes the speed, but you're not really going as fast as it claims to be going. I know most games fake the speed, but this is... meh. Whatever. No fun, that much is sure. I know when I'm behind another car in RL and make my bike sound like this, said car is gone behind me a lot faster. Like a lot lot. Not a tiny lot, but a big lot.
    I (roughly!) stopped the time and to go 1km at pretty much constant 180mph - took me 25 seconds. At 180kmh it should cover 1250m in the same time - given some tolerance on the speedo it would be almost ok. But this is funny units, so 180 funny units equate to 290kmh and should cover roughly 2000m - meaning we're barely going 50% the indicated and "acoustic" speed and that's exactly what it feels like, too. The sound is there but that's about it.

• get rid of funny units (miles/mph)
    We're supposed to believe that the US and EU joined currency with €$ but somehow decided to keep the funny units of their minority around? Most of the world is metric in 2020. Having miles and mph in the future doesn't make sense. Especially since at the same time distances are measured in meters (good!), not feet. What even got into you..? Translations available for a global audience, but no translation for speed? I want metric. I need metric.
    Don't get me wrong - I can stand all the crazy, blood and gore of NC. I can even stand ducks being extinct. Even not knowing how to use the darn three shells doesn't break me. But to look at funny units? That's where I just have to draw the line. Me sad :p

• fix quick hack memory consumption
    The "uncommon weapon glitch" uses 4 RAM while the "rare weapon glitch" uses 5 RAM. Stats like duration and upload time on both are the same. Even worse with uncommon whistle (2 RAM) versus epic whistle (4 RAM). That's kinda the wrong way around, isn't it? Higher grade and therefore more expensive quick hack versions should either be waaaay more powerful to justify the additional RAM usage or they should cost less RAM. Otherwise the cheap and common stuff is just better, which doesn't make any sense.
    I can even upgrade "System Reset" from epic to legendary - only difference after doing so would be it using +1 RAM more than before. Nooot entiiirely sure I wanna do that.

• set time progression to 1:1 real time
    This would just be nice to have, because it's so uncommon in gaming. Given that we can just wait any period of time we'd like to, I think it would be nice to have the time progressing in real time. There don't seem to be any gameplay relevant things that benefit from passing 1 minute in 8 seconds.

• fix "Beat on the Brat: Arroyo"
    Since I don't get my money back, I basically bought that rifle for 12k? Guy's dead - why can't I loot my money back? Ended up reloading my save game, doing the normal wager, defeating him and then mock him into a fight to just steal that sniper. Okay, got what I wanted in the end, but the other way should work too. Giving him 12k, knowing he has another 2000+ on him and then not being able to loot it after his death is not cool.
    This sucks big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey choombas!

I've had a few ideas compiling since I started playing on launch day (PC). They're pretty much all Quality of Life additions, and some of these ideas probably have been suggested before, but I think they would be nova if included in later patches (or by the mod community. ::woot woot::

Emote Wheel/Menu
  • The standard bag of your typical emotes. A thumbs up, flippin' the bird, maybe a fake out punch sort of thing that would scare NPCs. Yeah, that'd be cool. If the NPCs had numerous canned reactions to each emote (eg Fable-esque), that would be a preem touch. It would definitely help to make the "social" aspect of being in a big city more immersive and believable.

More Interactive Shops/Vendor Stands/Vending Machines
Since there are so so many, so so many, so so so so many vendor stands around the city, a good chunk of them could be a certain type of merchant.
  • You could have a vendor for clothing, transmogs, all types of mods, etc.
  • There could be shops that only offered cosmetic body mods. And in order to get the coolest ones, you'd have to hunt for them around the city (giving even more reason to explore).
  • Put mini recycling centers around the city so that we have an option to recycle our junk en masse. Then we could have the option to either cash it all out for eddies, or the materials for crafting.
  • Place more NPCs that you can interact with around the city. Just a handful. Make them random occurrences too. Oh, and give them unique dialog trees, with different renditions of the same lines, to give their delivery a more candid sound each time you run into them. <<this is a tough one since it would involve getting voice actors to record brand new voice over>>

GIMME THE LOOT, GIMME THE LOOT!
Looting in this game can be borderline manic at times. Some people may like it, others may disagree. I think all that random "loot" is in the game to serve some purpose. BUT ANYWAY, I DIGRESS.
  • Blueprints for rare cosmetics could be hidden in caches throughout the city, making use of the jumping mechanic. This plays into the exploration factor.
  • Along with blueprints, rare versions of weapons, mods, and other valuable items could be sprinkled throughout the rooftops and beneath the waterways of Night City (oxygen-hypo would get some well deserved use).
  • You could have shards containing encrypted directions to a hidden stash or high level NPC. After getting to the destination or defeating the mini-boss, you could either get another clue or an RNG item. That would give the player the option to keep pursuing, in hopes of greater riches, or end the chase there (eg Diablo-esque). Or they could just have a cool story to tell, I dunno.

- -- --- - - -- -the bio-chip... hold on to it. for me-- - -- - - - -- ---
The city has so much to offer, so much to see, that giving us an incentive to do so would be flippin' great! More people would be exploring the nooks and crannies of the city. More eyes would be on the city. More players would be finding bugs and glitches. The more people finding these glitches, the higher the chance of people reporting those visual/technical issues goes up, therefore making the game a better, bug free experience! Then after all that you could add all the HELLA NOVA PREEM suggestions that we've been giving you. Right, CDPR? RIGHT? Maybe? Hopefully? :giggle:

:sad:Please CDPR, this game is so preem, but it has so much more potential *waiting to be accessed. C'mon, you're in the big leagues now, Choom. Don't let us down, and never give up. :cool:

:giveup:....i'm fine.

*edited some formatting and words
**I also posted this in the "Desires for the future." thread. sorry if I shouldn't be reposting my own posts.

Last edited:
For me what is missing here is not being able to pick up throwing knifes and needs to go to te menu everytime to equip it again...
Post automatically merged:

For me:

- Can't retrieve knife after throwing? (Please fix this!) At least throwing knife ammo so that I don't need to go to the menu everytime to select a knife.
- Can't edit character body, hair, beard or tattoo's when game is started (at least barber and tattoo/pircing artists) or even plastic surgery (body customisation like the start)
- No walk/run switch button? That wil add to the immersion.
- Cop chase are REALLY bad! (Cops poping in behind and when driving straight you loses cops without any struggle or difficulty)
- Driving a car feels like a boat
- First person driving a car is to bright when driving in the sun (overexposed) even when not looking at the sun. In first person you are a person not a camera lens...
- No weapon stealth animation with weapon's (knife, sword or silenced weapon) and (IT WAS LIKE THAT IN A GAMEPLAY PREVIEW)
- No weight distribution on bikes (can't do wheelie or stoppies) and ridiculous turning circle.
- Trafic light always switch to green when in range (because AI can't see trafic lights I think they did that) that just kills immersion when driving.
- No minimap resize or zoom out (mis turns when navigating because of that)
- hardcore mode where you need to eat and drink.
- No aim down sign toggle.

Less important (to me):
- thirt person camere as an option (for peoole that wants it!
- No appartment customisation or buying new appartmens/houses
- No vehicle customisation and a garage to store it.
- No animation when drinking at a bar/club (drinking shots or beer etc..) or eating food. Only buy from inventory or when playing quests.
- no reflection of player (raytracing but not this?)
- When showering clotes are on (maybe a short animation or sound that he puts his clots off and on when entering or leaving the shower) and when looking down no clothes on.
- Not eneugh sex in a big city. Why are there only a few joytoys? Why can't I cal a joytoy to my apartment? It is a big city with a lot of dildo's but almost no sex. Also after you romance a npc they don't react differently to you and almost forget it.

Ps: sorry for my bad english!

• get rid of funny units
    We're supposed to believe that the US and EU joined currency with €$ but somehow decided to keep the funny units of their minority around? At the same time distances are measured in meters, not feet? What even got into you..? Translations available for a global audience, but no translation for speed?
    Don't get me wrong - I can stand all the crazy, blood and gore of NC. I can even stand ducks being extinct. Even not knowing how to use the darn three shells doesn't break me. But to look at funny units? That's where I just have to draw the line. Me sad :p

Just to get this straight – you think of the metric system as the funny units when everything in the US is measured in qubic ducks times popsicle lipstick per alligator sneezes squared? :D

Guest 4060800

• freeze NPCs after loading save game while the player is frozen too
    I have a broken savegame that I made while an enemy was going to check out a distraction I caused. Turns out when I load it, the state "distracted - checking out source" doesn't get restored to the NPC and he turns straight around to get back to where I am at now.
    Problem is: I can't move for 2 or 3 seconds after the game loaded. It's nice that I get this kind of preview before my UI initializes, but during this time NPCs already can move around while V can't. So I'm sitting duck, watching said enemy walk around the corner and spot me. If I could move I'd easily have enough time to get out of sight - but I can't until the UI initializes. So this savegame is basically broken now and I have to load up an older one.

- hardcore mode where you need to eat and drink.
And shit! I really want to know how to use those darn three shells! :ROFLMAO:

Just to get this straight – you think of the metric system as the funny units when everything in the US is measured in qubic ducks times popsicle lipstick per alligator sneezes squared? :D
Oh noes! Fork. The other way around of course! Was I so bad at putting this into words? :eek:

The "imperial" stuff is the funny system. Metric is what I want! The mention of feet was kinda ironic/sarcasm to point out that using "mph" doesn't make sense at all - especially since they're using metric for distance. I'm gonna put an "(mph)" in that bullet to clarify...

/edit/ps
Changed! And btw: thanks for reading that wall of text. Happy if that was your only issue with the list :D

Oh noes! Fork. The other way around of course! Was I so bad at putting this into words? :eek:

The "imperial" stuff is the funny system. Metric is what I want! The mention of feet was kinda ironic/sarcasm to point out that using "mph" doesn't make sense at all - especially since they're using metric for distance. I'm gonna put an "(mph)" in that bullet to clarify...

/edit/ps
Changed! And btw: thanks for reading that wall of text. Happy if that was your only issue with the list :D
Ah, I see – my bad, sorry. :)
English isn't my first language and even though I usually understand everything just fine I still sometimes get the details wrong.

It was definitely not laziness. These people obviously worked like crazy. It was simply a strategic decision. They didn't want anybody to play this thing as third person, because "immersion". And I guess everyone who made this decision was convinced it was the right one.

The only problem is that not all people think, feel, or experience computer games the same way the people who made the decision do. However, high level decision makers rarely have the ability to acknowledge this.

That's a fair point.

Me personally though, I don't see it. Im just as immersed when Im in third person.
I kind of get wanting to go first-person only for story missions, or even for combat, because doing 3rd person as well would force them to put more work into making both experiences good, and also because you are actually more immersed when you're doing character-interactions and dialogue in the story. But everything else I think it was an absolute mistake not to just allow people to have the third person option

I'm assembling a list of missing options and invite everyone to +1 those they'd like to see too :)

Already seen multiple threads to some of these and considered skipping them in this thread, but I think a more or less complete overview could be handy/valued - this is intended to improve/perfect a game that alread has many amazing things but even more potential for improvement. I might even extend the list if we're allowed to edit much later after posting and others have stuff that seriously needs an option or to be implemented.

So far I've got these main settings that really bother me not being available...
  • disable TAA / common AA options
    TAA is just awful and almost painful for me to look at. I've got astigmatism and the smeared tearing caused by TAA feels exactly like when my eyes get over-strained because I'm in serious need of new glasses. Please let us disable this. Better yet: let us pick from the usual list of anti-aliasing methods. I'd prefer a decrease in looks - no problem as long as the blurry image is gone.
    Just one example: when I use the "MK.2X Grandstand" scope on a rifle the tearing gets so bad when moving the crosshair that I can't even see anything in my scope - I've made a screnshot, but it doesn't represent it very good - in game it looks even worse, especially in dark environments:
    View attachment 11075378
    Wrote more about it in the dedicated thread to this issue:

• toggle setting for the "hold key" and "double-tap" features for all keys
    The list of key bindings should be extended with another column to pick "tap", "double-tap" or "hold" for each input (radio buttons would be perfect, drop-down menu ok too).
    Let us decide if we want to reach for another button or hold down or double-tap a key to initiate an action. Many of us have a lot of extra keys on our mice; and our keyboards sport much more keys than any console controller - please let us use them and don't dictate that entering your car needs a short press while leaving it requires a long one for example. I'm kinda having trouble holstering my weapons doing a double-tap on alt using my thumb below my palm - and the "hold alt" for weapon wheel doesn't feel much better. Even if I rebind - key press recognition is bad in CP2077 and double-taps don't work very well in general for me (plus I don't like it one bit even when it works).

Alternative to the above, at least...
  • disable double-tap inputs
    Let's have a key assignment for this. There's a mod on nexusmods that does this, but I'd really prefer something basic like input scheme provided in the vanilla version.

• disable auto-centering of the camera while driving
    If possible please give us a new key to center the camera when we want to - don't force it on the player. I have plenty of buttons on my mouse and keyboard - please let me use them. Sentiment: I'd really like to enjoy the view for more than 3 seconds before I'm either forced back into looking straight ahead or having to wiggle my mouse around, which is really distracting and uncomfortable.

• adjustable text speed
    Please add a setting to increase/decrease timings for on-screen hints and quick-time decisions during dialogs.
    Not being a native English speaker I have trouble reading those petrol-colored hints fast enough that are blasting by in my peripheral vision. Most of the time I can read half of it before it's gone and finding it in the database turned out to be... well, I didn't find those I was looking for.
    Same goes for quick-time events (or whatever you call it when you don't have much time to pick an answer option). Adding to the frustration, somehow the game doesn't always register me pressing F (which I mapped to one of my many mouse buttons). Seems I have to keep the key pressed longer? But in the short amount of time that's left to decide after I finished just reading those options, any non registered key press is really bad.

• give priority to direct ray casting
    Be it something I want to pick up or a radio I want to interact with - I often find myself being unable to interact with stuff around me, when there's more than one thing. Right now I'm standing next to "Coach Fred" and try to pick up a shard that's next to him (2m away) on the bench - yet I can't take it, because there's a proximity dialog that triggers when I want to take the thing that I look at directly.
    Just try to turn off the radio on the table in your apartment without taking all the bottles first - it can be an infuriating task.
    Other stuff I just can't pick up or interact with at all - like there's some kind of paper or folder laying on the floor and I just can't target it. Other times a weapon is stuck half in the ground and ray casting the part that sticks out doesn't allow me to pick it up.
    Please make directly ray-casted stuff ALWAYS take precedence above whatever else is going on around you... thanks!

That's it with the main requests, which I feel should really be in the game.
Now for some less important things. Let's say these would be "very nice to have".
  • holster using numbers
    When weapon slot 1 is selected, please let's just holster our weapon by pressing 1 again. Same for the other slots.

• let us skip the logo intro
    With the game crashing from time to time it's a bit annoying having to watch those logos and the legal statements every time. Let us skip them sooner please.

• add mouse cursor to weapon wheel
    Weapon wheels may feel natural using a controller stick, but they don't using a mouse. Since we need to click anyways, why not give us the option to use a cursor to click things?

• remove hard key binds
    There seem to be certain keys that we can't remap or use otherwise. Dedicated thread:

• increase the max head turn angle when driving in first person
    Please give us the option to look behind us to drive backwards in first person. When I'm in my car or on my bike in the real world, I don't have too many issues turning my torso a bit and look straight back. In fact I use that technique when driving backwards quite often on four wheels. On the bike it would be AWESOME if the character would sit a bit upright and take one hand off the handles to look back - as we do IRL too, especially when rolling backwards.

• increase the vertical max head turn angle
    IRL I don't have any problems looking behind me through my legs or bend over backwards a bit to look more than 90° up. Being limited to +/- ~70° from the horizontal in games feels bad and doesn't make sense.

• put some time into consistent NPC attitude
    When I approach NPCs their comments are rather nice, sooometimes at least. The reception at the front entrance of that bar in the beginning for instance says something nice about the player's char being cute? But when you think maybe there's a dialog and you try to talk to them, they say something very aggressive and dismissive, which truly breaks immersion. Overall it's not much fun talking to anyone the game doesn't tell you to. Maybe you could add some attitude property to all characters and tag the NPC responses accordingly, so if a cop is nice to you for helping out, the next time you talk to him he should pick from the same attitude tag/tree that he's been set before etc.

• improve NPC danger avoiding/escape
    Honk and nobody cares - almost ride them over and they start running around in circles and most of the time stay in front of the vehicle. Once they get bumped even a little, they often kneel down and raise their hands? Even worse they seem to never ever stand up again? Who kneels or rather "hides" in front of a car that's about to hit him and shows only some fingertips for the driver to see over the hood? Srsly, please let them run perpendicular to the vehicle's direction or something.

• put location names on the map
    It really doesn't help looking for Lizzy's Bar when all the bars on the map just read "bar" and nothing else..? Instead of "Fixer" it should read "Fixer: Regina Jones" etc.

• put weapon damage and armor rating on the item tiles in the inventory
    After looting I often get multiple of the same weapon/armor item in my inventory, all looking exactly the same. Hovering over each and every single one and remembering which had what stats quickly becomes a nasty chore way too often. You already have the full name on there and an ammo rating (that I do not understand) on guns and there's plenty of room - use it to show DPS and base damage on weapons and armor rating on clothing items (bottom left corner is empty, use it) to make the tiles a bit more unique, please. Also it's not helping that the whole list shifts/restacks when selling something or putting it into your stash. Further confusion is added when the sides in the comparison switch all the time, depending on weather it's shown left or right of your cursor; the equipped item should always be on the same side to make it more intuitive where to look for the stats of the item you are hovering.

• switch firing-mode
    Maybe I just didn't find the key that does it, but some weapons seem to fire in burst mode only. Even today in 2020 and for the past few decades... when a firearm got burst mode, semi auto and full auto should also be available. Not a weapons expert tho, but I think that's pretty standard. I know some have only semi and burst and lack full auto, but I've never seen anything being burst-only before and think it's rather inconvenient.

In addition I kinda miss some features that I feel should be in a game setting like this.
  • hair-stylists, bodymod-shops and weapon paints
    They seem to be missing in the game? Everyone is switching body parts and we can't even dye our hair? Doesn't feel right - especially not in this game's setting ;D ... tho maybe I just didn't find them yet? Also I can see individualized weaponry... gang members seem to do it, why can't I?

• remove equipment mods
    For me it takes a lot away from the joy of tuning my gear if I can't tinker and test what works best. Usually I end up not installing any mods at all, because... who knows? Maybe there's a much better mod around the corner and if I install this now I can throw the whole thing away later. IIRC there wasn't even a warning this would happen - mods look exactly like attachments and I was happily switching those around when I installed a mod into my DRM-free forged katana, just to later get the message "ACTION BLOCKED" when I tried to remove it. I know I can build another copy of this Katana, but I don't know... the first one that was given to me as pre-order bonus kinda feels a bit special and now it's stuck with a dmg+7 mod forever? If there's a perk I can pick for this I haven't found it yet - only the option to destroy it to recover mods, but that's kinda the wrong way around.

• car and motorcycle dealerships
    Where? I've read I'm supposed to wait for a fixer to offer me something... well... that doesn't sound like something fun to aspire to. Sounds as if it implies I need to work for certain individuals to acquire certain vehicles - probably being pretty wealthy at some point it doesn't make any sense I can't buy whatever vehicle I chose to. But maybe I just need to proceed a bit through the game to unlock dealerships..
    /edit/update
    Ok, being offered multiple vehicles and errr "carrying the shop around" as another mission cathegory ain't as bad as expected. Still I'd really like to see brand dealerships in the future that put their vehicles on display and maybe offer (virtual?) test rides and repairs etc.

• mirror image
    I notice my character doesn't show up in reflective surfaces at all - I can see the counter behind me clearly in Yoko's shop, but not myself or any other characters (respectively dynamic objects). It would be nice if RTX would be supported here.

That being said: I really love this game so far - especially the attention to detail and all the funny references (I'd like to name some, but I don't want to spoiler anything (as you did in your recent videos (shame on your PR people for the serious plot spoilers :p (I got hit without any warning and didn't like it one bit)))).

Did I forget something major?
I'd add:
  1. Allow crafting of multiple items at once (will immediately fix the time sink that is upgrading of mass amounts of lower tier components)
  2. Fix iconics (they can be duplicated through a perk), don't let players scrap/sell them but let us store 'em all - especially Johnny's items

- In the settings menu, some settings require the game to be restarted to take effect. There should be an indication/ warning of that.

- Sound design. In W3 every sort of surface had its unique tweaked sound when walked on. Not so in CP2077. Some surface sounds are inaccurate while some others are not differentiated from their surroundings at all.

- More rock music! More rock channels on the radio!

Last edited:
- In the settings menu, some settings require the game to be restarted to take effect. There should be an indication/ warning of that.

- Sound design. In W3 every sort of surface had its unique tweaked sound when walked on. Not so in CP2077. Some surface sounds are inaccurate while some others are not differentiated from their surroundings at all.

- More rock music! More rock channels on the radio!

I like to see Classical Rock and instrumental stations

Top Bottom