Possible bugged quest - Needle in a Haystack

+
probably one of the first police scanner gigs I started without realizing, I've come back and realized a quest is still open and it wants me to search a container but I've already done that, there's nothing there. Reverting to an old save isn't possible at this point either 🙃

going through a same problem but with MULTIPLE gigs. Yeah reverting back to old saves mean I have to start all over again

I'm not giving up like 20 hours, that's not a solution.

I did go back to an old save and the the quest completed fine, it obviously just didnt complete properly when I came through on the container the first time but there's nothing else to pick up. I just put an email actually into support

If you open the container with remote hacking, that's what seems to cause this bug.

I rolled back a save, opened it by just walking up to it and pressing F, and it worked fine.

If you get stuck in this situation though, I can find absolutely no fix besides rolling back

Same Problem here, too.. A shame, cannot reload it -.- I hope for a fix really soon!

Attachments

• 20201213145950_1.jpg
    20201213145950_1.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 487
I managed to go back with my saves enough that the loss of progress was minimal but yeah, things like this are piling up and leaving me not feeling so great, like I've paid full price for a early access release

I dont know how to mark threat as solved

I'm on PC and had the same problem, I solved it by using remote hacking to close the container then walked up to it to open it manually.
Edit: You still need to "search the container" so if all containers were opened it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Same Problem here, too.. A shame, cannot reload it -.- I hope for a fix really soon!

I hope so too, this is the only one activity preventing from me getting my trophy,,,,i really don't feel like doing all these again. i don't have a save and didn't think of it before when i 1st did it.

Easy fix found. Just use remote hack again to close it and than open it manually and the quest will trigger.

NVM, it only works partially, because now the game wants me to search the container but there's nothing left to search (since I searched it before).
I have the needed shard "Details" in my inventory. If there was a way to drop it and maybe pick it up again?

Easy fix found. Just use remote hack again to close it and than open it manually and the quest will trigger.

NVM, it only works partially, because now the game wants me to search the container but there's nothing left to search (since I searched it before).
I have the needed shard "Details" in my inventory. If there was a way to drop it and maybe pick it up again?

This worked flawless.

- Open door with scanner
- Close door with scanner
- Walk to door and open with your hands
- Loot everything inside AFTER these steps

GL

This worked flawless.

- Open door with scanner
- Close door with scanner
- Walk to door and open with your hands
- Loot everything inside AFTER these steps

GL
Glad it worked for you, unfortunately nothing can be done if container was looted before hand,

This mission is bugged and not able to complete altho the correct container was found and the objective box was looted. It was bugged after opening the container by hacking and looted the box, now the objective is asking me to loot the box but the box has been looted. Some said the bug can be avoided by opening the container by hand, but I do not have the previous save file anymore and unable to get Trophy because this mission unable to complete. There are people having this problem too on reddit, please fix this. Thank you.

Suffering thisnnow on PS4 PRO and it is my final Reported Crime for the trophy and inevitably Platinum, but with this currently stuck like this...

May have to cross that one off on another playthrough or hope for a fix, but unsure how much precident this will take in the very, very long list of things needing fixing on CDPR's end (maybe one day).

Same problem here. Got the required shard in my inventory, but can't do anyhting with it. And reloading an older save is not an option...

I managed to go back with my saves enough that the loss of progress was minimal but yeah, things like this are piling up and leaving me not feeling so great, like I've paid full price for a early access release

I dont know how to mark threat as solved

If countless others are still suffering through and dealing with this issue, i would honestly say that this issue is not solved... Not for everyone else that either does not have a save to re-load or every other suggestion has been attempted and failed :(

I also fully agree as well, even after pushing through all the performance issues / bugs and hard crashes... I just keep finding broken quests / broken trophies / Iconic weapons (and blueprints) not at location or not dropping as loot. I have heard a few may be subject to RNG which is beyond ridiculous.

Starting to wonder if this was the re-playability factor they kept mentioning, because as it looks now = i may have to do one or 2 more playthroughs in the hopes that i get lucky or things get fixed.

Really curious if any level of proper testing and QA was even done with this game before re-lease, as the more i play = the more broken issues i discover :(

If countless others are still suffering through and dealing with this issue, i would honestly say that this issue is not solved... Not for everyone else that either does not have a save to re-load or every other suggestion has been attempted and failed :(

I also fully agree as well, even after pushing through all the performance issues / bugs and hard crashes... I just keep finding broken quests / broken trophies / Iconic weapons (and blueprints) not at location or not dropping as loot. I have heard a few may be subject to RNG which is beyond ridiculous.

Starting to wonder if this was the re-playability factor they kept mentioning, because as it looks now = i may have to do one or 2 more playthroughs in the hopes that i get lucky or things get fixed.

Really curious if any level of proper testing and QA was even done with this game before re-lease, as the more i play = the more broken issues i discover :(

Even if they patch all these qust problems...you still have to play the game again to redo them. I have 2 quets that are broken and i could of had 100% completion...now i have to redo about 50% of the game to get there.

Top Bottom