Pixelated hair on (almost) every character model

+
Almost every hair looks like this, some are worse than others. This is the worst example I have encountered:

I've tried different settings but no luck.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700 XT 8GB

Radeon Image Sharpening maxed out

High/Mid settings 1080p

P.S. Disabling TAA doesn't help, and even if it did game would look terrible

photomode_10122020_124242.png

Same here.

All hair seems to have some strange artifacts/noises. Some more than others.

Specs:
i7-6700k
GTX 1070

High/Ultra Settings 1080p

Disabling TAA doesn't help, and even if it did game would look terrible
Dithered transparency like that kind of needs TAA to look decent, actually. That's probably one of the reasons why there is no in-game option to turn TAA off.

View attachment 11099774

Same here.

All hair seems to have some strange artifacts/noises. Some more than others.

Specs:
i7-6700k
GTX 1070

High/Ultra Settings 1080p
Good to know that it's not exclusively 5700 xt issue!

BTW, it gets less noticeable on 1440p
Post automatically merged:

Dithered transparency like that kind of needs TAA to look decent, actually. That's probably one of the reasons why there is no in-game option to turn TAA off.
I've seen people recommend to disable TAA, that's why I wrote that comment...

I have exact same problem and that's the most annoying thing in the, basically, beautiful game - I've turned TAA off what has been suggested in some topic and my hair looks like this:
Zrzut ekranu (27).png

And that's on ultra. When I turn TAA back on, that gets just a little more blurry, but it still looks like missing pixels here and there.

I have GTX 1660 super, I play without RT - I can enable it and set all settings to ultra, game looks a little more better, but the hair still is really... noisy. :( How this can be fixed?

Last edited:
Same issue here although i first noticed it after the 1.05 patch in Photomode and now with certain hair styles in the character creation screen.

Something they did in the patch changed the lighting, aliasing and the player character V rendering.

I noticed that whet you wear a hat and look at yourself in a mirror you have no hair at all...

I have the exact same config and I don't have any problem. Did you change some settings in the Radeon software ? And just to be sure, are your drivers up to date ?

I have the exact same config and I don't have any problem. Did you change some settings in the Radeon software ? And just to be sure, are your drivers up to date ?
Everything is up to date; Sharpnening is at 100%; Tesselation is AMD optimized; Surface Texture optimization turned off.
Are you playing on 1080p? It's less noticeable on 1440p.
Also, could you please share a screenshot with female long hair character? Preferably bartender at the Afterlife bar, that would help a lot.

It's because they are forcing a sharpening filter, and surely, it makes problems even more pronounced.

1080p is an afterthought for these developers now. They want you to play 4k.

Everything is up to date; Sharpnening is at 100%; Tesselation is AMD optimized; Surface Texture optimization turned off.
Also, could you please share a screenshot with female long hair character? Preferably bartender at the Afterlife bar, that would help a lot.
Ok so I noticed something weird, everything is fine except for the extremities. I don't know if it's because of the shadows but these parts are a bit pixelated and moving ? You can't clearly see it in the screenshots since there is no movement tho (I was in ultra without ray tracing)

Edit : it seems to be only happening/noticable with long hair

photomode_21122020_031913.png

photomode_21122020_032925.png

photomode_21122020_032942.png
photomode_21122020_033006.png

Also these are my Radeon software settings (it's in french sorry)
Screen Shot 12-21-20 at 03.43 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 12-21-20 at 03.44 AM.PNG

Last edited:
Are there some Nvidia Control Panel/Experience Settings that I can test so I can check if there is some workaroung?
Problem still persists on 1440p (of course less noticebale as there are more pixels to pack so it doesn't look so obvious), and I have seen 1080p gameplays where it doesn't happen at all, hair is smooth and nice looking.

Ok so I noticed something weird, everything is fine except for the extremities. I don't know if it's because of the shadows but these parts are a bit pixelated and moving ? You can't clearly see it in the screenshots since there is no movement tho (I was in ultra without ray tracing)

Edit : it seems to be only happening/noticable with long hair

Also these are my Radeon software settings (it's in french sorry)
Thanks for screens!
Are there some Nvidia Control Panel/Experience Settings that I can test so I can check if there is some workaroung?

Problem still persists on 1440p (of course less noticebale as there are more pixels to pack so it doesn't look so obvious), and I have seen 1080p gameplays where it doesn't happen at all, hair is smooth and nice looking.
It's because they are forcing a sharpening filter, and surely, it makes problems even more pronounced.

1080p is an afterthought for these developers now. They want you to play 4k.

In my case on 1440p game looks exactly as on Ezylox's screenshots! But still, it's not completely gone, just less noticeable.
But since so many people with all kinds of GPUs have the same issue, I assume it's a game

I realised it wasn't an issue linked to hair, it happens for some textures in Night City and my golden shotgun has this problem too

Well I've tried to solve that on two different monitors with different resolutions and using some options in nvidia control panel... nothing helps :( And I've watched some footage on youtube, some people doesn't seem to have that problem.

Could the CPU somehow be responsible for this? I have old (but gold ;)) i5-4590k

I'm a GTX 1660 Ti @ 461.09 driver in a R5 3600 rig and having the same problem with hair graphics in CyberPunk 2077. Also, I noticed another games with the same problem, like The Witcher 3 and RDR 2. Tried alot of custom settings and no success. The only think I can confirm there's something related with "Anisotropic Filtering" cause if I change some of those settings in RDR2 my hair and beard in game get to much diference, but none is good.

I'm a GTX 1660 Ti @ 461.09 driver in a R5 3600 rig and having the same problem with hair graphics in CyberPunk 2077. Also, I noticed another games with the same problem, like The Witcher 3 and RDR 2. Tried alot of custom settings and no success. The only think I can confirm there's something related with "Anisotropic Filtering" cause if I change some of those settings in RDR2 my hair and beard in game get to much diference, but none is good.

Thought I would share with you since I have the same GTX card running with same driver version, that I do not have that problem, the main difference with your rig would be our CPU's, I have an I7 3770k CPU. Running in Ultra in 1080p.

Well, I do have that problem when I look in a mirror, but not in photo mode or while looking at other characters.

This is a big problem for me, especially if I want to take screenshots. And it seems like it's not happening for everyone. Some people have smooth and good looking hair texturing, even on 1080p.

The game looks fine until you encounter characters with detailed hair textures, e.g., Judy, Panam, Johnny, etc. I tried everything. It doesn't matter what you do - nothing works. DLSS is garbage on 1080p. Yes, it makes the hair look better, but in exchange for a blurry image. And sometimes, you even get black artifacts on the hair texture.

Also, it seems like the amount of dithering/artifacts you get is dependant on the lighting of the current scene the characters are standing in.

I know that ramping up the resolution to 1440p helps a lot (although still noticeable), but that's not really an option for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom