What is the point of playing non-lethal?

+
The game gives you a fair amount of options for playing non-lethal, flashbangs, non-lethal takedowns, you can even get cyberware to make your smartguns non-lethal. But what is the point? It doesn't seem to affect anything in the story outside of maybe one fight and it doesn't seem to affect anyone's opinions about V. Just something I noticed today. It might be cool if there were things that got affected by whether or not V actually gives a damn about human life.
I think non-lethal importance was scrapped out of the game. Now it looks like you even don't get any exp or street cred if you don't finish knocked down enemies. Which is very weird.

I went through the game non lethal for the first few hours then I realised it was utterly pointless and gave up. Every where you turn in this game you notice some aspect of a function or feature that was clearly torn out and you're just left playing with the barely functioning remnants of something that was so close to being so much better.

This is the most disappointing thing about this game, the nagging feeling that this game was almost so much greater than it is, you can tell that at some point they really tried to make this game truly unique and something spectacular, but monumentally failed.

And what's the point of including "non-lethal" weapons if even the monks can't tell the difference between downing someone with a vibrating rubber dong and a bullet through the brain?

Yes, I took everyone out with the *cough* neck massager and the monk scowled at me for "killing" everyone to rescue him. So I had to do it all over again.

i remember CDPR mentioned when you don't kill the bosses when you meet them in the future they will react differently? but so far i don't see the different in story.

I guess they had intention for some sort of reactivity with your play behavior, but I guess they scrapped it and we were only left with remains of it like the non lethal takedowns, non lethal mods and nades.

It's about options, the more the better.

Adding a cyberware mod to the game which makes your .50 cal bullet through their skull magically non-lethal is not merely about "options." It's obvious a karma system was envisioned by the devs, and we are just trying to figure out if they cut all of it or just most of it.

Not gonna scroll through the thread in case it's been said already, but many missions go different if you go non-lethal.

Cyberpsychos, some side jobs, & gigs kinda preferably want V to go non lethal. Also, basically personal achievements.

For main job example, I have not encountered the Royce path outcomes (by taking him down non lethally & freeing Brick), so I can't say anything further.

You can actually straight up kill an unconscious enemy even with non lethal weapons (both guns & melee). If your overall DPS high enough, like a one shot (non lethal) revolver for example, you can shoot the enemy's head again (double tap style) while unconscious & basically able crush it to pieces. This is basically my own role play of justice when I killed a bunch of scavs (or way too dangerous criminals).

Any guns can be non lethal with "PAX mod," meanwhile for melee weapons, I believe bats, some axes, & kanabo (bat-type), sticks, basically blunt type weapons can be non lethal. Meanwhile blade type weapons are mostly lethal.

It matters for one of the big side gigs! The Cyberpsychos but uh... it is a lil' disappointing that there's no point to it otherwise :(

Maybe eventually tho, eh?
The Cyberpsychos live no matter what. I assume they only die if you take the extra step of executing them

Yep, Ive had this happen.

On the other hand, I had an assassination sidegig where I killed everyone in the building, but Rogue would afterwards say "..and nobody else died". So thats buggy in the other direction. I killed extras, but wasn't acknowledged for it. The mission is called "The union strikes back" FYI
I just did this mission and that line landed weird. I thought about it and the target, Vic Vega is using those security mercs to extort and murder members of the union. It's a backwards way of saying no one else will die because of him. (Also smashed all those guys)
Post automatically merged:

Uhh no, I've accidentally killed many and had to reload.
Really. I have unloaded an legendary jinyang in them with like 50% crit and elemental effects on them so when they die they're shocked, chemicaled, and burning as they die will getitng crit'd out the wazoo. They'll be on fire and still breathing lol.

I just did this mission and that line landed weird. I thought about it and the target, Vic Vega is using those security mercs to extort and murder members of the union. It's a backwards way of saying no one else will die because of him. (Also smashed all those guys)
Post automatically merged:

Really. I have unloaded an legendary jinyang in them with like 50% crit and elemental effects on them so when they die they're shocked, chemicaled, and burning as they die will getitng crit'd out the wazoo. They'll be on fire and still breathing lol.

You haven't used big enough guns then :p

Comrades Hammer with Cool and Pistol perks will oneshot them, same with a Katana form stealth.

I almost certain this system was another causality of a larger karma type system that was cut.

tbh, I kinda don't prefer "karma" system, but instead open different paths via characters live or die. Which is some of the missions/jobs actually did. I mean even compare to Deus ex games, the amount of exp gain from lethal & non lethal take downs basically the same, meanwhile things like finding different paths, reading infos, hacking, etc are more substantial in gaining additional exp.

Asking because I was not able to explicitly find it in the item description, but Gorilla arms are non lethal?

The first cyberpsycho I defeated with bare fists and I am pretty sure Regina had me put the body in the trunk of a car.

None sense then have had me do that, so I am wondering if maybe I am killing then by accident (with gorilla arms)?

The point of playing a non lethal style is the same of all other gimmicks that are in the game.

The only thing is to complete some missions. There is no moral code, humanity, or some personal moral values in the game that makes it trully relevant.

Just like nudity, romance "options" (that are only one, or two if your V is bissexual), most of side activities, restaurants, bars, even drug dealers (that sell the same products as the pharmacies).

All of those are in the game, but have no gameplay effects on them. You can be naked, but can't run naked in city, and if you go with female V boobs out, what will happen? Nothing. Why? Because nudity is in the game because some fans requested, not because it was a part of some artistic vision.

Why restaurants, bars, night clubs and food machines are there? For nothing. Food have a very mild effect. There's no character animations linked to them.

Well, how about dancing? It's there too, but serves nothing.

Swim? Yes, it's there, but even the water has no physics and can't be affected, even grenade produces flames and explodes just like when there's no water.

Relevant choices? Gimmick
Pacifica? Gimmick
Police system? Gimmick
Gangs with proper lore and story? Gimmick
Physics? Gimmick
Collision system? Gimmick
Water? Gimmick

All those are there just to integrate the scenario. But most of them are irrelevant to the gameplay, it's an unbalanced version of The Division 2 with Deus Ex visuals with some jig jig street sprinkle on it.

It would be better if this was just a linear game, with the main missions only, like Deus Ex, with no fake promisses and without the collection of empty gimmicks.

Idk...

A couple missions required it to get a bonus.

I used non lethal quick hacks to disable and then used a silences pistol to the dome to finish the job. I didn't want to get mobbed early in the game since that never ended well. Once fully leveled though I was able to one shot most anything so I just went full lethal. It's not much of a challenge to be non lethal. Shock bullets to the knees always leaves the target alive. I tend to do that to female enemies and kill the rest. I just can't kill women and children. The latter is never an enemy so that's easy. Though if one thinks of the reality of the world, children would be very much lethal and used by all factions. Sucks, but true in real life.

What would be hilarious however is that the player would get a bonus from Medtech for increasing their business. Even make them a faction that can be... oh wait... faction standing isn't in the game...

Idk...

A couple missions required it to get a bonus.

I used non lethal quick hacks to disable and then used a silences pistol to the dome to finish the job. I didn't want to get mobbed early since that didn't end well. Once level though I was able to one shot most anything so I just went full lethal. It's not much of a challenge to be non lethal. Shock bullets to the knees always leaves the target alive. I tend to do that to female enemies and dome the rest. I just can't kill women and children. The latter is never an enemy so that's easy.

What would be hilarious is that the player would get a bonus from Medtech for increasing their business. Even make them a faction that can be... oh wait... faction standing isn't in the game...

There are many instances during the story where non-lethal gives different dialogue. It's way more than just few side gigs. The game actually takes it into account, which is something never seen in any game ever, so people don't think about it.

Top Bottom