Hotfix 1.05

+
This latest patch has made more bugs. White flashing, problems with the radio, cars stopping in the middle of the highway for no apparent reason. The game performance has gotten worse. Honestly I wish I could roll this new patch back. Of course this is the nature of the beast, kill one bug and three more pop up. I hope the patch gets a patch before February!

Hotfix 1.05 is now live on PC, Xbox and PlayStation systems!

Here is the full list of changes:
Quests
  • Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
  • Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
  • It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
  • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
  • The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
  • Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
  • Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
  • Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
  • Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
  • Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
  • Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
  • Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
  • Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
  • Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
  • Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
  • Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
  • Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
  • Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
Gameplay
  • Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
  • V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
  • Fixed some UI overlap issues.
  • V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
  • NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
  • Added some warmth to HDR.
  • Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
  • Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
  • Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
UI
  • Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
  • The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
  • Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
  • Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
Miscellaneous
  • Offscreen explosions make noise now.
PC-specific
  • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
  • Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
  • Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
  • Corrected the look of several vehicles.
  • [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
  • [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
  • Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
I think they're reducing the draw distance. I'm noticing when scoping enemy with sniper rifle, at long distance it looks low textured image. Please fix this.

I just bought the game and I'm don't have a scanner to pass the tutorial. Made new game and skipped it but still need the scanner fix this issue

There is one annoying glitch I keep running across. After starting Chipping In, calling Rogue summons her to your location and gets her stuck there even after the mission is completed. I've managed to re-create this bug 5/5 times. Luckily it doesn't affect the Johhny and Rogue ending option but it's annoying that she is stuck in Pacifica fast-travel station. Afraid to call anyone outside their mission-specific actions.

Another annoying glitch is legendary clothes/weapon crafting specs being gone forever from vendors after using "skip time." I've spent hours and others have spent days trying to get the Legendary clothing/weapon specs to re-appear. ( at max crafting level, Tech, and street cred maxed) they are simply gone to never be seen again. I'm sure people will start to complain about not being able to obtain that preferred look with legendary gear after that "skip time" days ago in the playthrough once they near the 50street cred and maxing crafting.

Hello thanks for the game you guys given us
But there is a problem while i playing game why all of the characters T-Posing its looks funny to me
while driving a car or Motorcycle V T-Posing :ROFLMAO:
I get this on certain up ramps whilst on a bike, especially the road and ramp right next to JIG JIG street. Here is the T-pose action.

PC Specs: i7-10700F 32GB ram GeForce GTX 1080 (driver ver. 460.89) WIN10x64 Build 18363 (Running the game on max settings 1080p)

I was having fun, until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot ntil I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.

I get this on certain up ramps whilst on a bike, especially the road and ramp right next to JIG JIG street. Here is the T-pose action.

PC Specs: i7-10700F 32GB ram GeForce GTX 1080 (driver ver. 460.89) WIN10x64 Build 18363 (Running the game on max settings 1080p)

LMAO.. I see you are as pro a biker rider as I am. Hey relax choom, it's just Johnny Silverhand practicing circus acts!

What is your question? :) Plus, can you look at this? Its a sugestion about config in game (at final of the video you ll see the config):

I've been able to keep a solid 50 to 60 fps with my settings, however when it drops under 60fps it starts to stutter real bad. I've got the same GPU settings on all my games and don't have this issue.
Wondering if you might have any ideas?

Really wish I had a cyborg robot skeletons from the ripper doc with cybernetic brain an skull an have it visually appear on the body. Also want a machine gun arm also want shoulder smart rockets or liquid laser arm or a invisible cloak cyberware or body implants visually an more objects to do in the map ;( By the way this game is lite <3 Hands down would pay for a DLC Like that or next update. To be honest this game is art.

I restarted after 1.05 came down, and that SMT fix is working great now - very good thread load distribution on my Ryzen 5. I'm now truly GPU bound, which is always where you want to be.

Still a lot of the same bugs in certain places - Jackie's gun in the limo, Johnny's cigarette outside Clouds, people and cars dropping out of the sky.

Hopefully this patch fixes the crash on startup (whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined). I haven't even got to play the game yet.
I got a few crashes in-game after some intensive actions before 1.05.
Now, it's my turn to crash on startup.
Strangely, I was able to get a couple of games in after updating to 1.05.
I only got this start-up crash today.

Console: Xbox One
Mission: The Heist
Bug: the breifcase for the flathead is missing. No further progression is possible.
Attempted workarounds: starting new game/deleted all saves reinstall.

Will this be fixed in the patch? It's a pretty rare bug I've only found one other person with this problem.

I have a save where one simply delays walking into the meeting room with them for a while (I was exploring). The option to SIT does not appear after that and the meeting cannot end. Perhaps you are referring to the same thing obliquely since /not/ placing the flathead at the appointed time likely results in the situation I observed.

I had to revert to patch 1.04 manually on GOG.... I couldn't get the game to run for more than maybe 10 minutes tops (if it even loaded my save at all). 5800X + RTX3090... had almost zero issues before I downloaded 1.05... I hope 1.06 is better than this crappy patch. Tried latest Nvidia hotfix (with HDR fix) and also the older Cyberpunk 2077 game specific drivers, same issue with both. Only solution was going back to 1.04. Lost some game progress since I couldn't load my 1.05 saves but that is how it goes I guess.

During several cuts eyes with Johnny Silverhand, his cigarette glitches a duplicate and floats in the air. All while the original still stays in his hand.

Actually cigarettes and phones (so, objects added at a mount point to the original model at an offset) get cloned like this throughout the entire title. Someone will likely stumble on an "Ohhhh" moment in the code and they will all stop doing that simultaneously. so: BUG: Objects mounted on chars can spawn a seemingly unmanaged visible clone occasionally. Can happen multiple times to the same object (one cigarette can become 3, 1 live, 2 clones)
Post automatically merged:

In the first incident where one meets Delemain, during the escape phase if one fails to shoot down the ariel targets on the first try the subsequent save checkpoint causes you to - incorrectly - lean out of the vehicle with no weapon at all.

To get around this one has to complete from the previous stage without failing.

I have a savegame demonstrating this. And pretty sure I streamed this bug on Twitch.
Post automatically merged:

Meeting with the Zen master by the phoenix statue if one jumps at the phoenix's wing in just the right way you are projected 200 meters backward and immediately die in the guts of the hotel back there. Inside the world mesh breaking all immersion.

On other news: There are a few spots around the map where the culling is also slightly aggressive and one can step into the cull and obviously elide the universe.

Last edited:
"Console-specific
  • Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.*
What about when you have them off? The game is still blurry on my xbox one and really takes you out of the story. Not to mention it still causes my head to hurt and I got to take frequent breaks because of the blurry visuals. 1.04 made things a bit sharper but it still needs a lot of improvement.

Was playing flawless on Playstation 5 with some visual bugs tho but with no crashes on 1.04. Now Ive been crashing 6 times since of 1.05 while also getting corrupt save data even tho my profile is only 4 mb as of now. My game loads the auto save after the corrupt one which luckly isent to far apart thankfully.

This has been happening mostly while getting on my bike after leaving a Place/Zone where you cant drive your bike or car. You get in your car and the game crashes shortly after you start driving.

I've been able to keep a solid 50 to 60 fps with my settings, however when it drops under 60fps it starts to stutter real bad. I've got the same GPU settings on all my games and don't have this issue.
Wondering if you might have any ideas?

Hi

What is your current FPS in game?

I got a different bug... I get in the elevator to go into the Totentanz, at the top, the "doors" open, but the gates are not opening. The Fanatic that was in the elevator with me walks right through the gates. I cannot walk through the gates. I tried going back downstairs and then gates are still not opening, so I'm basically doomed to live in this elevator for the rest of V's life. (Obviously not, save states... but I can't progress in the mission). I'm on patch 1.05

Top Bottom