Anyone else annoyed about the police?

+

are you annoyed by this too? or are you fine with the system how it is.

• Yes its annoying

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • No I think its fine

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I haven't noticed this is a thing

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
I get they wanted a wanted system kind of like GTA, but it works in GTA because the police don't spawn DIRECTLY IN YOUR ASS they spawn a good distance away and arrive on scene to you. Moment you get a wanted level the game spawns a cop directly behind you or somewhere you aren't looking within 15 feet of you and before you know it your swarmed, the spawning frequency for just a single level is also just really intense which doesn't help the problem either.

I love the game but when I'm trying to get somewhere and accidently hit a fence that murders 6 pedestrians just before I get to a fast travel station, it puts me in an abhorrent mood and starts pissing me off.

I also noticed that right after the first quest when you sleep in your apartment, and you leave to go meet Jackie outside to go to the Ripperdoc for the first time, there's police banging on the door of someone's apartment when you first go outside. I stood facing them (no weapon drawn) and was just listening to their NPC dialogue, and all of a sudden, it got counted as me doing something wrong and both cops turned with their guns on me and started firing and throwing full freaking grenades at me. Like.... what!??

I didnt realize we have transporters in 2077. Then I accidentally killed a passerby. I also saw how lazy the NCPD are, everytime you pass by a crime scene with digital yellow tape, theres 3 or 4 of them standing there. Not moving, rarely talking, staring off into space.

Yea the NCPD AI needs some work.

Im in an alley, i finally get a civilian alone, i sneak up pop em in the neck, real quiet, no witnesses, no cops, and then the game snitches on me! IT WAS THE PERFECT CRIME! and a cop spawns directly on top of me!...who on the team wanted this? I don't care about the bugs or the glitches, my computer runs it fine, no graphical issues, but you cant play a corpo like a proper psychopath?? I already had my bone colored business cards printed in Silian Rail done! Whats even the point now.

Pretty lame, i have to say, thoroughly disappointed by this alone.

Im not getting a refund though, 'cause i love my Keanu Reeves pet, but please, please, if the kill was silent, and there where no witnesses, no loud gunshot, no cameras, no police drones, don't finger me to the fuzz, and certainly done make them spawn on my head!

I get they wanted a wanted system kind of like GTA, but it works in GTA because the police don't spawn DIRECTLY IN YOUR ASS they spawn a good distance away and arrive on scene to you. Moment you get a wanted level the game spawns a cop directly behind you or somewhere you aren't looking within 15 feet of you and before you know it your swarmed, the spawning frequency for just a single level is also just really intense which doesn't help the problem either.

I love the game but when I'm trying to get somewhere and accidently hit a fence that murders 6 pedestrians just before I get to a fast travel station, it puts me in an abhorrent mood and starts pissing me off.

Apparently the game doesn't have a driving AI, this is why they spawn on you and don't chase you.

Maybe this game needed a couple of years of additional development

Yes! I don't know why they attack me when I just pass by, if there is restricted area than draw lines!

Hopfully CD PR add in an update to flesh the system to being actually functional rather then just screaming autistucly

They don't even necessarily spawn behind you, I have had at least three instances where they just spawn right in front of me and instagib me without any chance to even react, given the hard difficulty and my mostly stealth oriented build.

There have also been multiple instances now where I am running down the street and suddenly I have a warrant with 6 cops shooting at me from all directions. No hurting civilians, no shooting or even showing a firearm, I just suddenly have a wanted star and two seconds later I have flatlined.

I have also gained sudden wanted stars while in the middle of a shootout against a gang, the police spawn in and don't even react to the gang members, they beeline straight into my position and into quicksaves I go again, looking for a fallback point before the shootout began.

It seriously feels like they started coding the police system this summer, I have not seen a police system this bare and unfinished since PS1 generation of games. They should at least spawn 100 metres out and run to your position like GTAV did, but even that is the absolute bare minimum. I would had expected something much more sophisticated after all this time.

Yes this is super annoying. For one, it seems that they always attack me? no matter if I've committed a crime or not, if they see me theyll start attacking. and yes, they spawn everywhere and within 10-20 seconds there will be a dozen or two of them. No way to survive. They spawn not only directly on you, but way way faster than you can kill them. I have no idea what's up with this, and no idea why this didn't raise any red flags for CDPR while they were playtesting! It's horrible!

Beyond annoying. They seem to be/act like a "gang" themselves. Stand too close and bam they try to kill you. Clean out a actual gang they're fighting with and get too close to them while looting? Straight to jail Dead.

I have more annoying one.

I engage bad guys on a call from police(blue badge on the map) and police is spawning in my ass while I am doing their job, killing wanted criminals. I do not get it. Is it a bug or am I missing something. Went to ripper doc after collecting money for the gig from Japanese grandma fixer.

The police spawning is stupid as hell. Having a cop literally spawn 2 feet away from you makes absolutely no sense. They should spawn out of range and run in.

But sadly the game's AI is pathetic and can't handle such a basic thing. Plus the way everything despawns as soon as it's just out of sight is pathetic.

Honestly I think the police just need to be deactivated because they're not adding anything to the game right now.

Guest 4406876

I got ran over next to a cop, I guess I entered his "no enter zone" because of the impact and instead of opening fire on the gangoon that squished me flat on the tarmac he decided it was a good idea to start shooting at me, insulting my person and all my family.

It's completely immersion breaking (rage inducing) and just needs to be removed until the police / driving AI can be improved. When you have no choice but drop whatever you were doing and leg it until the timer runs out... come on CDPR help us out.

I'm having an incredibly bad time with the police in my game (PC). One example: I was by the dam in a parking lot, the police were on the other side, and this is a large parking lot. A female civilian NPC walked by them and they went on alert, shot her, then came after me clear across the parking lot. Then out of no where a swarm of police showed up out of no where and took me out.

This has happened more times then I care to think about, try as I might, I can't seem to avoid them. Usually I can run fast enough to get away from them or jump on the bike and ride off...fast.

One thing I have noticed in game, all police are marked by the yellow mark over their heads just the same as the bad guys in game. And they (police) react the same way except you usually get swarmed by them. And you don't dare shoot them, I did get mad one time and did...that one didn't turn out well.

And I've had situations with the police that have interferred with some of the missions which was very annoying.

I don't understand how the game can consistently spawn my vehicle when I call it around a corner and up the next street, but police spawn in your left nostril. Just today I went to call one of my bikes and the little tracker in the upper right said "1,517 meters" and it never found its way to me.

The police spawns can clearly be made sane. Please do so. I'm sure the consoles can handle the cops spawning 100 feet away and showing up like cops do, instead of bursting out from inside me like the damn Alien.

Semi-NSFW attachment follows of a moment I went back and reloaded a save to capture, just because Keanu looks so freaking gleeful doing it. HEY NCPD, THIS IS FOR YOU apparently i can't attach a gif so here it is instead

I think they had to cut corners to release quickly. This was done due to time pressure, not because the devs think this is a very good solution.

I think they had to cut corners to release quickly. This was done due to time pressure, not because the devs think this is a very good solution.
Time pressure from whom? From what? To do what? This is always the excuse. It doesn't make it anything more than an excuse.

There are developers and even larger companies who do not adopt such practices and release finished products that match what was advertised. Shocking, but it happens. Such companies enjoy customer loyalty and repeat business and don't have to be wary of their own forums. I recommend everyone try it :p

Since what we're hearing about the pressure on the Devs from management, perhaps. We may never know. Bottom line is though, if a solution is more detrimental than it is benefiting to the experience then it should just be cut entirely for the time being.

Top Bottom