How long before expansions?

+
If we are to believe CDPR they have huge plans for CP, with expansions and a multiplayer game and so forth, which is great. But on the other hand I also can't help thinking that for me personally, I am not even considering buying any of these, before CP is near what was promised. And the more I play it and basically running into bugs constantly, seems to be getting worse the further into the game you get. And not only the bugs, but also the general quest issues, enemy AI, the whole traffic system, loot and crafting system, weapons, UI etc.

Just looking at simply the combat system and how easy it is to "trick" the enemies and make them unable to defend themselves. Like hacking them from a distance, even without cameras they are basically defenceless against you. To me this alone requires a lot of time to fix, as we are not only talking weapon and hacking design, but also the AI of enemies, especially if they want to keep things the way they are now, then the amount of fixing seems almost endless :D

For CDPR to be able to sell expansions to people, a lot of things have to be fixed first. And simply wonder how long it will take? Because if it took them 8 years to get to this state, what would suddenly change that these things can easily be fixed within a few month? Obviously if that was possible, they wouldn't have released it. And this is not even taking all the lacking features into account!! Which clearly more people will be asking for at some point.

And for the multiplayer version, which might be completely different, but if its build on the single player version, clearly that needs to be fixed first, so multiplayer could be maybe years into the future, unless they cancel it.

How long do you expect it will take for the expansions to be released?

I'm not even thinking about that right now. As you said, the very idea of paid expansions is putting the cart a few miles in front of the horse. It's an irrelevant and pointless thing to even speculate until we (and CDPR, more pointedly) have some idea of how much they will commit to fixing and improving the base game.

But since you ask, I'd just guess NO LESS than a good solid year before they even dare to announce anything.

I could be wrong but if I remember right I think I read some where the first one suppose to be in Jan and be free isn't?

Expansions

Maybe in Q4. I hope that, beforehand, corrections will come, any content that is already in the process of being finalized or which has not been implemented. I know something, I am a mere player, not an executive or who will suggest 'rush' to the developers. I walk more in the 'when it ready' vibe (this phrase, for me today, has a very important meaning, I finally understood it).

:)

Free DLC will start dropping in early 2021. Expansions (story-driven content) - probably not before Summer if previous projects are anything to go by. HoS dropped 5 months after the initial release of Witcher 3. Also, I don't think we will see anything from expansions earlier than 1 month before respective releases.

In the mean time they will be working on bugs and performance, I suppose.

That's bugfixes... I don't think additional content will come anytime soon.
I honestly think that a few major features might come back with one of the two bigger patches as they simply didn't have time to finish prior to the release. I simply have the feeling( and hope... mostly hope.) that they just had to cut content to controll the amount of "mess" the studio presented us on the 10th and will bring (at least) some back in the future.

But on the other hand I also can't help thinking that for me personally, I am not even considering buying any of these, before CP is near what was promised.

For CDPR to be able to sell expansions to people, a lot of things have to be fixed first.
This.

But on the other hand I also can't help thinking that for me personally, I am not even considering buying any of these, before CP is near what was promised.
You might as well move on with your life, because majority of what was promised and isn't in the game won't be in it.

I am afraid they will just give us a few patches then shut it down like mass effect andromeda.
If they do this, CDPR reputation as a company is pretty much as close to being dead in the eyes of gamers as I see it, no one in there right mind are going to trust anything this company would be announcing or talk about. Doesn't matter how many cool videos they put out of the TW4 or whatever project they would move on to, people would not trust any of it. However If they commit and fix the game and pull a No man sky of commitment, they can reduce or even restore some of what is lost, and in my opinion, whoever pulled the trigger on the release, now have to take responsibility for doing so and not just run with their tail between their legs. Because it will not only be a bad decision compared to releasing the game to early, it will be company breaking to do so, they will never be able to regain their reputation if they did that.

And lets be honest, for a game studio like CDPR which doesn't like EA throw out a new/"same" Fifa game each year, that would ruin their company as I see it. They need the stuff they make to be good, and there is no doubt that CP can be that, even in its current state, I don't think anyone would deny the potential this game have.

Top Bottom