Guys...Guys... Guys... *Potential Spoilers*

+
Long time forum reader but first time poster..

Anyway, I recently stumbled across a post made by someone else on here, which indicates a way to potentially save Jackie during the Heist mission. https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ission-saving-jackie-option-blocked.11056499/
Okay the option is obviously not available right now and sadly my man's fate is rather tragic and heart breaking. However, what if this method of potentially saving Jackie is still going to be possible but has yet to be activated?, making it a potential but currently broken option to be activated later?

I have stumbled across many situations like this one, where at the top left corner there are times where an option is meant to be present, but unfortunately is not yet available. I cannot remember what the message reads exactly but hopefully you know what I mean.. I think it currently says 'Something Blocked' or something along those lines anyway ha!

Also, if this method will be added soon and it is a way to save Jackie then I will be so happy!! Team Jackie 4Ever! I literally cried so much when I saw his death and I tried so damn hard to save him too.

Anyway, with that in mind. I was also thinking that maybe Jackie will also be a romance option too? I mean after the Heist mission and if I remember correctly Misty comes and sits on your bed in your apartment and mentions that both her and Jackie had somewhat of an argument. Maybe this argument can lead to a romance option between V and Jackie?

I know a lot of features are not in this game at present and it would be stupid to get rid of these options too as they are clearly in the game. There is also a lot of features that remain outside of the game too (many of which are already listed elsewhere), thus it would be stupid to get rid of what is already there.

I mean maybe I'm just desperate and love Jackie too much, I don't know. However, at present us female gamers have no real proper romance options whereas male gamers do (Panam and Judy). Come on give me a Jackie romance option and let me be able to save his @ss!

I know CDPR are not done with this game and I know they will add and continue to support this game, at least I would hope so. One of the reasons I haven't opted to refund the game yet is because I strongly believe that CDPR won't just fix the bugs and ditch it. They have spent too much money and time to just abandon it now.

Anyway I just want more Jackie in my life and obviously I want the montage to be playable too, which I think they will do at some point too. The story is a mess without it and unfortunately I know a lot of people who feel less about Jackie than I do because of it, tragic really.

Anyway hopefully my dreams won't get dashed here (as a lot of other ones already have regarding this game). I also hope that some of this at least makes sense too, as I probably should be in bed and not typing out a rather long message at 4am in the morning!!!

I just want to be happy with my purchase right now and I know having more Jackie in my life will help with that! Come on CDPR!!! I even bought the Jackie statue that is due to release next year, kind want these options right now not gonna lie. Let us female gamers have some fun too.... Anyway bed time.....heh..

Nah man he's fuckin' dead

Then if that was the case why is the helipad even there to begin with? Why is the option there? Why not just close off that section of the building? Why is there an option to do certain tasks on this helipad? Soo many questions...

Again the information that I am referring to is in the link on my first post. Until I am given a proper reasoning I'm not going to just give up hope, not yet anyway...

It would be one helluva DLC - get Jackie and the Relic out safely - and the whole game then doesn't have the relic but does have jackie and you and him just get up to all sorts of trouble.

Would probably pay the price of entry again just for that.

...but only if it has more Judy, River, T-Bug, Victor, Misty, Mama Welles, Panam....

..and if they actually damn well talk to each other in game for a change.

It would be one helluva DLC - get Jackie and the Relic out safely - and the whole game then doesn't have the relic but does have jackie and you and him just get up to all sorts of trouble.

Would probably pay the price of entry again just for that.

...but only if it has more Judy, River, T-Bug, Victor, Misty, Mama Welles, Panam....

..and if they actually damn well talk to each other in game for a change.

Yeah, same here. I too would pay whatever was necessary just for that. I mean I have even been thinking the past few days about how cool it would of been just for the game to be about Jackie and V, I'm not a fan of celebrities in games so Silverhand does nothing for me. The fact that we get so little Jackie and (for my liking) too much Silverhand just forced me to quit playing the game, let alone the current bugs and such.

I also agree about keeping those other characters in too and perhaps adding Takamura to the list somehow, he seemed like a cool character

this entire game is about false hope
and i'm not happy about it

It really confuses me as to why the feature is even in the game if they really plan to do nothing with it. But yes, I agree I too had a lot of hope riding on this game already and was so let down when the game finally came out and it ended up being nothing as expected.
However, CDPR need to redeem themselves and they can start by adding such features. Similar things have been done before by other companies, I don't see why CDPR can't follow.
A part of me feels like they where forced to release the game after so many delays and media frustration. However, they did this with plans on adding and making the game to the standard it should of been to begin with. I won't give up on them and I'm more than happy to wait it out too if need be.

I won't be happy if they did just abandon it though, that would tarnish what respect I have left of them. Fix the bugs and get on with the real meat of the game. Do it properly this time too and lets prove all the doubters wrong. I believe in second chances and really want to see the game excel to it's potential, it's all there its just a matter of making use of it all.

i agree about second chances, i'm (and i shit you not) waiting when cdpr came up and make me eat my words about false hope

but then again, it's not even two weeks since release, doubt that we will see big story oriented changes any soon, if ever

I'm a massive Jackie fan and have been since we first saw him. Samurai Teddy Bear. :)

Like you, I wished he was a romance option (and actually felt a bit upset whenever he talked about Misty, my V never got to flirt with him, and it quickly became clear that my V was never getting him). And like you I tried literally everything to try to save him during The Heist. I won't tell you how long I spent in that damn tower looking for SOME other way out of the apartment, and then some other way besides the elevator, and then some other way besides the... you get the picture. His death, despite knowing it was coming, was still totally crushing.

I would love for there to be another way. I'd love to have Jackie around for certain missions, I'd love to see him cheering up my V as she was dying, I'd love to see his reactions over Johnny, and Johnny's thoughts on him. I'd even love to see him and Misty able to be happy together, because in the end seeing Jackie and Misty happy - because they're both great character - would make me happy. I can put aside V's broken heart for that.

I would love all of that. A lot.

BUT. I've also gotta be real. CDPR wanted it the way it is. In fact, I feel like this is one particular detail they'd never budge on, because unlike a lot of other half-assed aspects of this game/story, Jackie's death wasn't one of them.

I mean, maybe at some point in the process saving Jackie was a consideration. Maybe during the time when CDPR has big ideas for an 'choice-driven RPG' and didn't realize how much they'd have to cut or forgo before changing it to an 'action adventure' and releasing it prematurely.

But at some point the writers realized how important his death was, because it serves a purpose (unlike so much of this game, sadly). It's both symbolic and a way to drive the story forward. It's symbolic because Jackie is meant to be the good guy who believes good things, dreams big and then gets the ultimate reality check served to him (It's a bit like the honorable Ned Stark at the beginning of GOT). Jackie is our mentor figure in this game, intended as the one who shows us the ropes and has our back, and like in most stories, the mentor figure has to die/leave so that the protagonist can truly grow by experiencing the world without a buffer.

And boy does it do that. We lose our friend, the comfort of the family that came with it, and now we have a crazy dude in our head and we're slowly dying. We're thrust out into the world largely alone, seeing the naked truth of it, and learning to adapt and grow stronger from what we've lost.

Jackie was never meant to come back. That's the sad truth of it, I think. I don't think anything is going to change it, as much as we might wish it were different.

And I mean, if we're talking about ways to save Jackie if he was actually meant to live, a healing inhaler thingy would have healed him of that injury instantly - no elaborate plan or detour needed.

(P.S. Sorry for being a killjoy)

Already tried to get to the roof and find a way to change Jackie's fate, but of course it doesn't work.

However, I'm not sure it would make sense to save Jackie : this would remove all the impact of the first act. I think Jackie's death scene is dramatic, beautiful, and shouldn't be changed.

But from ACT 2, I think changing things (saving NPCs etc.) should be possible, and done by CDPR as a priority.

I think Jackie's death scene is dramatic, beautiful, and shouldn't be changed.
Dramatic? Perhaps. Beautiful? Come on... he takes one bullet in a cutscene to the stomach and suddenly it's bye bye world, while in the mission itself he's a sponge... not to mention this is a futuristic world where medical stims and other such items exist. It's not "beautiful" - it's jarring, cliché and lazy!

Dramatic? Perhaps. Beautiful? Come on... he takes one bullet in a cutscene to the stomach and suddenly it's bye bye world, while in the mission itself he's a sponge... not to mention this is a futuristic world where medical stims and other such items exist. It's not "beautiful" - it's jarring, cliché and lazy!

I understand your point. We can always regret the way things are. But I personally loved the scene, the "see you in the major league" that got me nearly in tears.

The mistake they made (in my opinion) is trying to make things grey, not giving us an antagonist to root against. Jackie's death is a missed opportunity : for exemple, Jackie dying because of Adam Smasher would maybe make things better. You would hunt him for Johnny or Jackie.

It also seems that some people didn't had time to care for Jackie. I think we needed a bit more scenes / quests with him, just one more, like eating at mama Welles before taking the gig etc.

The game is about how Night City takes everything from people.
Jackie is the catalyst for V to become a legend.
So he MUST die.

well if he really MUST die, then at least let him die a warrior's death, while taking bunch of enemies with him , or, i dunno, sacrificing himself for v, or just doing something more heroic, than dying from scratch that could be healed with effin stim WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED ASAP, but for unknown important reasons wasn't

Top Bottom