Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
I feel there is so much to this game that has been ripped out at the last minute and we are left with the bare bones of something that could have been so much greater. Every aspect of the game has something that clearly used to be in the game that was stripped back to bare functionality. I feel like this game could have been a stand out action RPG, but they just didn't manage to get everything, it really anything to work together so we're just left with a shell and a story. Shame too because the story, as far as I have gotten into it is really good, including the side stories. Absolutely fantastic.

I hope this game has a serious overhaul and gets to live up to what it should have been originally.

The bugs need to be fixed, that is known and I am sure in due time they will be thankfully for me I haven't had any show stopping issues a "save | reload" or "save | restart game" hasn't fixed yet. I assume the damage is one bug and also the perks and legendary contagion passive not counting when the deck you have gives your quick hacks the ability to spread.

Outside of that I would love to see fixers given a system that can randomly generate jobs provided you call them and ask them for one, they shouldn't be calling you ever 5 mins with random jobs. The current story wouldn't really support it so I would have to see where the expansions take us though I do feel this is a point where this type of low story but near infinite playability could do well. Right now after you finish the game you are placed back before the end quest and if you have done everything else you get the occasional gang groups popping up but not much else.

I don't like that Cyberware has attribute requirements since one thing Cyberware should be able to do is help cover where your character is weaker, or enhancing their strengths. Right now it can only mostly enhance where your character is already strong. Also with the skills being tied to max at the associated attribute that is where each attribute gets its importance, I think I would like to see a more Shadowrun inspired system here where raising your skill over the attribute cost double the XP. This would probably mean the perk points need to be removed from the skill trees and have other things added in the gaps and we should either get more perk points from leveling or the perk shards should drop more regularly. This would mean each attribute needs to be improved but would also open the door for us not to have to play with limited builds where we max out three of the attributes and treat the other two as effective dump stats. Also we need some sort of Quality of life improvement for cyberware, either each ripperdoc needs to carry all cyberware or we should have a way to search what each doc has or search what docs have a particular part and add a marker to our maps. I don't know how many hours I spent missing the one person that had the legendary smart link. It is also near impossible to know what cyberware there is, at least in the Pen and Paper you have the cyberware section of the book to look it up.

I did enjoy my time in the game and look forward to seeing it cleaned up bug wise and see what the future holds for new content and what not.

Last edited:
In my top 5 greatest games I have ever played, despite what few bugs/glitches I have encountered.
One of the greatest stories I have ever experianced.

I have finished the game, playing on PC, went the Corpo life path. I had no real issues with game crashes, FPS was playable (not an issue), and graphics were good to Great. Finished with lvl 36 and street cred of 50, completed all but 2 side quest, (except the beat down line) I got stuck on the 3rd one in that series, and had 1 "gig" left.

But I am done with this game, going back to Modded Skyrim.

Here is my parting thoughts:
Change the name of Night City to dead city, the texture, look and layout of the city is GREAT, 9 out 10, the roads, the buildings... all great, it looks real'ish. However it's inhabited by mindless zombies. One (stupid) line response from 99% of all NPC. When you "talk", it's a waste of time. Look at any village in Skyrim everyone you meet has dialog, if not a quests. The City has no interaction. You have a Street market with 15 stalls and only 1 is usable, again a waste. You have restaurants all over NC, most closed and locked.
Romance- none, empty, so fake. ( I won't even talk about the Adult part of the game, because there isn't any)
Guns- over the top complicated. Way to much detail. Elec damage, Physical damage, chemical damage, smart weapon, tech weapon, power weapon, Epic, legendary, common , uncommon. You should have used most of that programing power to develop the NPC in the world. Your Epic, legendary, common , uncommon has no meaning.. I had a legendary sniper rifle that was under powered compared to my common sniper rifle, again no meaning , no sense.
The story - it was different, a different way of presenting it.... I did not like it. I didn't like him in my head and the loss of control of MY character at times. The ending... that sucked, big time! It reminded me of Red Dead Redemption 2.
The side quests - Wash , rinse, repeat. Go there , kill them , collect reward. Sometimes Go there, rescue them , collect reward.
V's apt - What? you could sleep, did not need to, the game does not require it, you could eat (same as sleep), you could open and close the blinds, and you could shower (with your clothes on). You had a room for your Stash, but you quickly realize brake down all items, that you don't use and you will be collecting so many guns so quickly, it becomes a mess. All other functions (crafting, upgrading, break down and such, you can do anywhere). And I never figured out how to customize the Apt in anyway??

So I did get 87 hours of play out of my $60. So there that... My suggestion, go ahead and get your patches done, to be fair to everyone, and then develop a SDK and actively court the modding community.
Of course all this is just my opinion, others I am sure love the game, still others Hate the game. I was willing to pay for the game and I did have fun... but this to me was just ok. No, I would not recommend this game to my friends.

Hello CDPR,

My first post and probably my last. I've come here to share my experience with Cyberpunk 2077. Let me tell you about myself (a gamer) first. I am one of the biggest Witcher fans out there. I consider Witcher 3 to be arguably the best game every made, I'm 38 years old and have been playing games for well over 25 years. I own multiple copies of Witcher 1, 2 and 3 on steam and my GOG account (why? because I wanted to support the developer that made these best games).

Alright, now the introduction is out of the way. I want to talk about Cyberpunk 2077. It was the single most anticipated title for me as I saw it to be the game that tops Witcher 3. I'm sad to say this but it was a huge let down from the highs of Witcher 3.

I've played Cyberpunk 2077 on a PC. I've already sunk 87 hours and completed everything except few side missions and I'm done.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED THE GAME

Cyberpunk 2077
Story - An amazing story albeit a lot shorter than Witcher 3. The writing was good, there were lots of twists and turns in the story which had me hooked to find out what happens next. All in all the story was top notch. Some side quests were great (which I was expecting) while 90% of them were just fetch/killing quests. I was expecting Witcher 3 quests in this game. Is this the same developer that made Bloody Baron quest in Witcher 3? That quest was arguably the best side quest I've seen in any game in past 25 years. Witcher 3 side quests were so very well done that I cannot talk about them enough. Where did it go all wrong? This game has so much more potential than what we have here right now.

Characters (NPC) - There are some excellent characters in game whom we share bond with. My personal favourite was Panam (I think her voice acting, animations, story was on point). I cared about her a lot so naturally perused her romance option being a male V. Judy, Vik, Takemura, Rouge, Johnny are all top characters and the voice acting is splendid and made them life like. Having said that as soon as you complete the supporting characters story/quest, you literally like kick them out of the story. There was nothing to do with them besides that. After completing the story, I felt Panam's ending was poor written. All she cared about was running away from NC.

Graphics/Technical Presentation - One of the best graphically believable world there is in video games. I have not seen a single game that can match Night City in technical presentation (when you can afford a pc that can run C2077 with RTX ON). While I was driving I had to absolutely stop and awe at the city and take pictures. Badlands is also very well made. Needless to say, I do not have any qualms over the graphic side of things of this game.

Gameplay - The gameplay was somewhat lacking. I played on hardest difficulty, the game was tough for a bit and then became the easiest once I got more skill points and abilities. The gunplay is great and really loved the different types of guns (smart, tech and power). I did try using melee a bit but then since this game was supposed to be futuristic, I didn't feel right at home trying to slay people with a katana/knife. My issue with gameplay was that it falls off in difficulty abruptly only to be back again for boss fights/cyberpsychos.

Sound/Music - Again just like graphics, I have no issues with sound and music composers. Top notch delivery and excellent work. This is the kind of stuff I expected after Witcher 3. If you're in one in this department, pat yourself on the back because that was a job well done.

Overall Impressions - MEDIOCRE.
While the game has potential to be the best game every made, it squandered it away. Poor implementation of AI, abysmal physics system, absolutely horrendous cops, graphical glitches, forgettable game after you complete the main story, lifepaths (what lifepaths?).

Where did it go wrong - First thing that impacts the game the most and it's immediately looked at from gamers - AI and physics. If you want the game to do well, you MUST get these two components right because in the game the buildings and architecture is there just to look at but players interact with AI and physics the most. You cannot get this wrong and assume that nobody will notice.

Life paths - what happened here? It looks like it was just removed from game? I felt that this would have happened:
Developer: We haven't implemented life paths yet
Manager: wrap it up, we're going to package everything and publish it. Nothing can be added after this date.

Where are the life paths? You literally play the game for 20 mins and you're a street kid. I played nomad and corpo and it has no impact. As a nomad, you hear about your former clan, but it's not there in game. I was expecting that you have good 1 hour at the very least in the starting area to build up the story. Same with corpo, I felt that I would have an edge as a corpo than nomad/street kid, because I was inside the corporation. Where is all that?

AI - Overhaul of the AI to make it more believable. There are so many good examples of this - RDR2 which comes to my mind. If you point a gun at a civilian, he/she just stands there with hands up in air without any regard of his/her life. Only when you shoot the gun somewhere they start running. When I tried this and rode away from the scene, even the NPC 2 blocks away was crouching with his hands up (like what?). Next point - who thought about cops in this game? What was the thought process behind them? How in the hell is it ok with spawn cops behind you when you commit some crime? It doesn't matter if you are in badlands in middle of nowhere or on a top skyscraper, the cops will spawn next to you. I mean what was this? Why were police stations not implemented in game from where they could chase the guilty? It's such a huge missed opportunity to made cop chases in this game. I was thinking if you have 1 star, maybe 2 cop cars would chase you around the city. If you kill both of them then your bounty is increased to 2 stars. Then maybe 2 cop cars and a SUV with special forces. Maybe once you reach wanted level 5, you have a military chasing you with helicopters and all. It would have been fun!

Trauma team was again a let down and missed opportunity. I've only seen them once when I was just roaming around the city. Having said about these, why not set those cyberpsychos in the city where they start killing people like a real time event? Make their health pool bigger and have cops trying to kill him and you get an emergency warning that a cyperpsycho is causing havoc in the city and you're given a quest to stop him? If you kill him in time you get rewards but if cops kill it, you won't get the reward. Maybe a real time event like this after completing story would have more longevity of the game.

Physics - The game lacks physics and there's meme like system implemented. When CDPR PR team tweeted that this game was going to be meme - they weren't kidding. No ragdoll physics! You can jump out of a car running at 211 mph and stand up straight (same with bikes). Like WTF??? You call your vehicle and it spawns under a civilian car and it blows it up???

My final thoughts are that the game had potential of becoming something great but the managers squandered it away. I'm an engineer working in a multi-national engineering firm so I might know how things have gone. Managers set tight deadlines and then ask the stuff to be completed and when you say "It will take longer" they just don't listen. I have no question about the talent in CDPR but whoever pushed the game out because they would have lost money needs to look at them in mirror because they have thrown away a golden opportunity.

Final words to the artists and developers that worked on the game - Do not take the negativity from the world to yourself. You have not done anything wrong. I don't believe the devs wanted to cut things short and publish the game in half completed state.

Last edited:
So far the more I play, the more I'm really enjoying it. Only put in about 16-18 hours since yesterday when I purchased it, but it's keeping me busy and entertained. Took about 12hours to get past the intro, which I was not expecting.

I watched a few really good 'top 5 tips' vids, which helped a ton without spoiling the narrative. Interesting how complicated the leveling, perks, and crafting is (and tips on making cash was extremely helpful!); although I'm not a serious RPG player, so the more hardcore RPG guys/gals may not feel this way.

Anyhow, PC player here, having zero issues with crashing or FPS, so that's always nice lol. Good job guys!

Good day!
DrDetroit

One of the Greatest Stories I have ever Experienced

My complete take on Cyberpunk 2077.

Disclaimer: This Review is 100% my own personal experience with Cyberpunk 2077. It is not intended to imply or infer that anyone else’s opinions or experiences about/with Cyberpunk 2077 are incorrect or not valid. This review is meant only to share my personal experience playing Cyberpunk 2077 and should not be taken as how you will/should experience the game yourself.

Just in case: !!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!! !!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!!
I will try not to spoil anything but it is hard to talk about some stuff without giving some of the context so just in case you have been warned.

My System Specs for Reference:

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.6 GHz
Installed Ram: 32.0 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SC ULTRA 6 GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB HDD

I play Cyberpunk 2077 in 1080p with graphics settings set to Ultra.

I have played Cyberpunk 2077 for over 125 hours, completed the main story and got one of the several different endings.

So with that all out of the way let us dive into my experience with Cyberpunk 2077.

THE BAD:
Let's start with that stuff first.

The Bugs and Glitches
Are there bugs and glitches? Yes, though I seem to have been one of the lucky ones because I experienced this very little during my play through of the game but here are some that I did experience.

• Not being about to loot some items. This is by far the most common bug/glitch I encountered. Though the vast majority of the time this happened with junk items and never with quest items so it didn’t bother me too much.
  • NPCs T-Posing. I did see this a few times with regular civilian NPCs but never encountered it with enemies or main characters.
  • My Cars falling through the ground or spawning inside other cars when I called it. This happened a few times until I figured out how to prevent it by not calling for my car on sloped/angled streets or in heavy traffic.
  • The weapon I am holding being invisible. This happened a few times but switching to a different weapon and back always fixed it so it wasn’t really an issue for me.
  • Enemies being stuck in objects or frozen in a weird pose unable to fight. I only really experience this when fighting gang members and it wasn’t very common that it happened but it happened enough times for me to eventually notice it.
  • Game crashes or having to force close the game. I have only had 2 crashes and only have had to force close the game 1 time in my 125+ hours of playing.
  • Reloading a save cause a bug/glitches was preventing progression. This happened to me 1 time. While in one of my cars all the car controls stopped working and I was unable to get out of my car. I could still access the inventory menus and the escape menu but all controls for the car just stopped working.
  • When you go to sleep you lay in your bed the wrong direction. You lay across the bed from side to side instead of from end to end with your head on the pillows.

Those are the bugs/glitches I have encountered while playing Cyberpunk 2077.

The things I didn’t like or think could be better.
These are the things I personally didn’t like and/or thought can be improved upon to make the game experience even better. Most are just nitpicking and wishful thinking but some I feel are legitimate complaints.

• The Romances. I feel the one I did was too short and had no real dates to speak of. I want to be able to go on dates with the person I am romancing. I also did not like that when my romance partner essentially asked me to move in with them all it really did was give me an extra stash I couldn’t even sleep there. I also feel that there should be more romance options. I don’t like how few people there are to romance considering the size and scope of the game.
  • Driving. Driving takes some getting used to with a keyboard. It could use some smoothing out so it is more enjoyable and less of a chore. I want driving to make me want to drive instead of using fast travel.
  • No New Game Plus. Doesn’t have it and I do not like that it doesn’t. But it’s not a deal break I just really wish the game had this option.
  • No Character Profiles. Doesn’t have it. So all your saves for all your characters are in the same folder. Needs to be added. This type of save management mechanic has been around for a really long time. This game really needs it.
  • No Real Casual Conversation with your contacts. I don’t like that you can’t just have normal random phone/text conversation with your contacts. Pretty much all phone/text conversations are quest related, a lead up to a quest or a result of completing a quest. Would be nice if you could just have some normal random conversations about random shit with your contacts even if it is just text message exchanges since phone conversation requires voice acting.
  • No companion to hangout with while you travel Night City. After Act I you are completely alone while you are out and about doing stuff. This isn't necessarily bad per say but it would be better, in my opinion, if you didn’t have to go everywhere and do everything alone the vast majority of the time.
  • Can’t buy new homes. You only have one home that is really yours and it is the same the whole game though you do unlock “other homes with stashes” but you can not sleep there so they are really only just extra stashes.
  • Can’t customize your home. It looks roughly 99% the same at the start of the game as at the end. Not a deal breaker but would have more immersion if you could change up your own home.
  • How you dress doesn’t matter and is purely cosmetic. When you almost never see yourself it would be cool if what you wear was more than just cosmetic and stats and affected how people in the world react to you. As you can stroll down the street butt ass naked into a crowd of people and no one bats an eye in anyway, why?

Those are all of my nitpicks and grips about the things I don’t like about Cyberpunk 2077. Now onto the good stuff.

THE GOOD:
These are all the things I loved about Cyberpunk 2077.

There is so much that I love about this game. I could talk for hours about all the things I think are truly amazing about this game and the many emotions this game made me feel while I was playing it so here are some of the things I think are good about Cyberpunk 2077.

• Johnny Fucking Silverhand!!!! Truly one of the most EPIC npcs of all time. The journey through the game with him was one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever had playing a rpg game. I hated him so much in the beginning but by the end I loved him. So much raw emotion is evoked by your interactions with him. Truly amazing character and I don’t think they could have picked a better person to voice act and motion capture him.
  • The Main and Supporting Characters. The characters of Cyberpunk 2077 are amazing. The good guys and the bad guys. Their personalities are well done and quite the experience to interact with. I want more of this.
  • Romance. I have only done one romance that is available and that was with Judy and it was a true delight though shorter than I would have liked. But the raw emotion of it all felt so real and genuine and was truly a wonderful experience. I personally think the sex scene was perfect. I have heard people complain it was too short but I think it was perfect for what it was trying to convey. I do wish you could do more with Judy like go on dates and actually sleep at her home after she invites you to move in with her.
  • The Main Story. Was epic! No other word for it. I loved every second of it’s emotional roller coaster ride. There was so much depth to it, so much emotion and choices to be made and the ever present drive to survive was well done. The writers deserve a lot of praise for writing such an amazing story.
  • Character Storylines. These were just amazing. Judy’s story arc is prolly my favorite with Panam’s being a close second. There are a few of these character story arcs and they are all amazing and beautifully written. So much emotion and depth to these arcs that make them stick with you even hours or days after you have completed them. Major props to the writers.
  • Side Missions. I loved them all. I had only completed maybe a third of them when I unlocked the final mission but I was enjoying them so much I completed them all before moving on to the final mission.
  • Player Choices. I absolutely love games where player choices matter. It’s even better when you always feel, emotionally, as though they matter. Now I don't know if every player choice does or doesn't have effects later in the game but sure feels like it. Cyberpunk 2077 does a great job of making you always feel like every choice you make matters no matter how small the effect may be and I love this about it. It makes you feel as though your character matters.
  • Character Creator. Love that you can customize the physical look of your character so that you can make it unique. Though it would be nice if some of the options had more choices like tattoos and such.
  • Character Customization. I like the high level of customization your character has. There are so many different ways you can choose to build and equip your character to suit almost any play style you can think of from a pacifist who never kills anyone to a vengeful maniac who slaughters all who dare to slight you and everything in between.
  • Crafting and Item Upgrading. Crafting and upgrading items is a lot of fun and really feeds into the character customization and really expands the options you have for how you want to play your character.
  • Character Cosmetics. I really love having tons of options to customize the look and feel of my character and Cyberpunk 2077 delivers on that. There are so many different clothing and accessory items that you will be hard pressed to not find a look for your character that you love.
  • The Graphics. Just amazing. The level of detail and art was beyond what I was expecting. A truly beautiful world to have been able to journey through.
  • Ending. I have only experienced one of the endings. I won’t go into detail but the ending I got I absolutely loved. It was very emotional and far and above anything I had hoped for. I really felt that my journey through Night City had come to a conclusion and didn’t leave me wondering about a bunch of stuff. It was very satisfying. Much love and credit to the writers for this amazing experience.
  • The Epilogue. Was fucking amazing! Instead of like most games where you beat the final mission and just roll credits thanks for playing there is Cyberpunk 2077’s Epilogue. I won’t go into detail but it is fucking genius and I loved it so much. It was so emotional and fulfilling and wrapped up the story in a very satisfying way that left me feeling as though I had lived the life of V and this is something I will never forget.

Well I think that is enough to fully convey my experience playing Cyberpunk 2077. Overall I had a truly amazing experience playing Cyberpunk 2077. It was an experience I will not soon forget. Even with the bugs/glitches I experienced I would give Cyberpunk 2077 a solid 9.5/10 because everything else was far above anything I had ever expected or hoped for.

For those who have had a very negative experience with Cyberpunk 2077 so far it is my hope that you will wait for things to get fixed that are making your experience with Cyberpunk 2077 bad because the story is worth every minute of the wait for it. There is no denying that the CDPR corpo rats made a mistake releasing the game when they did but the writers wrote a truly amazing story in my option and it deserves to be experienced by as many people as possible and it is worth waiting to get to experience and their hard work shouldn’t go to waste because some corpo rats in a boardroom made a bad call. So I ask you, as a fellow gamer, not to punish the writers and all the other developers who worked really hard on Cyberpunk 2077, for the actions of the corpo rats in the boardroom.

Last edited:
different from what the developers think, in particular, quest management, game needs a quest generator (procedural). I know that this goes against what was idealized, but I will keep what I think.

50 or so hours in, clearing more and more of the "side gigs" or whatever they're called. I disagree with the notion of generated quests personally, but these side gigs are usually so generic and bare-bones in terms of story-telling, that they might as well be procedurally generated.

This has by far been the biggest disappointment for me in CP so far. I assume the devs aimed to make the question marks from TW3 more interesting by infusing them with an extra layer of storytelling and level design, but in doing so they seem to have sacrificed the overall quality of questing. In TW3, I simply ignored the question marks on the map (I had them turned off on the map, actually) and focused on the side quests and witcher contracts, which felt far more engaging than the current system CDPR have implemented. The biggest issue for me is that there are some entertaining quests (albeit rarely) to be found among the plethora of undiscovered quest markers, but the vast majority is fairly mundane stuff, which results in a very inconsistent quality, so I wish the quests with more identity weren't mixed in with all the filler (I note that there are a few bigger side quests which are done in this manner, I just wish there had been more of that). Or better yet, in my opinion, it would have been nice to have fewer of these side gigs, but have them be more meaningful. Quality over quantity, basically.

And an update on my combat impressions from before - thankfully, after investing heavily into the damage perks, I am able to negate most of the bullet-sponginess of enemies, and so the combat now feels a lot better than it did initially. Enemies still do a good amount of damage, however, so it doesn't feel like I'm invincible or anything (level 30).

On Street Cred - I think the balance is right. I think I'm getting close to beating the main story now, and I've already hit 50 street cred with most of the question marks still unexplored, meaning that there's no need to grind for street creed - something I was worried about. This should encourage repeat playthroughs without the dread of having to repeat a grind.

Anyway, still haven't beaten the game, but I am very much enjoying it so far, even if it hasn't blown me away or anything. Will give my full impressions once I'm done.

50 or so hours in, clearing more and more of the "side gigs" or whatever they're called. I disagree with the notion of generated quests personally, but these side gigs are usually so generic and bare-bones in terms of story-telling, that they might as well be procedurally generated.

This has by far been the biggest disappointment for me in CP so far. I assume the devs aimed to make the question marks from TW3 more interesting by infusing them with an extra layer of storytelling and level design, but in doing so they seem to have sacrificed the overall quality of questing. In TW3, I simply ignored the question marks on the map (I had them turned off, actually) and focused on the side quests and witcher contracts, which felt far more engaging than the current system CDPR have implemented. The biggest issue for me is that there are some entertaining quests (albeit rarely) to be found among the plethora of undiscovered quest markers, but the vast majority is fairly mundane stuff, which results in a very inconsistent quality, so I wish the quests with more identity weren't mixed in with all the filler. Or better yet, in my opinion, it would have been nice to have fewer of these side gigs, but have them be more meaningful. Quality over quantity, basically.

And an update on my combat impressions from before - thankfully, after investing heavily into the damage perks, I am able to negate most of the bullet-sponginess of enemies, and so the combat now feels a lot better than it did initially. Enemies still do a good amount of damage, however, so it doesn't feel like I'm invincible or anything (level 30).

On Street Cred - I think the balance is right. I think I'm getting close to beating the main story now, and I've already hit 50 street cred with most of the question marks still unexplored, meaning that there's no need to grind for street creed - something I was worried about. This should encourage repeat playthroughs without the dread of having to repeat a grind.

Anyway, still haven't beaten the game, but I am very much enjoying it so far, even if it hasn't blown me away or anything. Will give my full impressions once I'm done.

Understand, i have now 142 hours in game,

Of course, at first glance, any idea of something random tells us about 'simplicity', something that is neither, nor simple, in the very composition of the algorithm that generates quests. That, even in old games.

Night City calls content and that is, in my view, for me, according to my criteria, undeniable. It is a living megalopolis - that is the concept.

If I, from each idea of a game, start from some point or idea of 'failures', then it is better not even to make games, they will, inevitably, always fail, here and there. So, I start from another principle, from success, from the probability that, if well planned, it will fail less, work more.

Manufactured quests, made by hand, do not guarantee successes, today, we have, in fact, several with several bugs in the game, which required immense effort, resources (such as voice, narrative, for example). Of course, I praise that. But I think, on the other hand, we can have something 'balanced' so as not to 'kill the game'. So that we don't fall into an immense city in absolutely nothing to do - something that, for me, completely avoids any idea of 'megalopolis'.

This was a decision made by Quest Managment - alias / plus, who before becoming a member of the CD, was a 'modder' - that is, who produced extra game content.

But as I think things change, ideas can change, become better, too. This is not demerit ... on the contrary, it is called 'knowing how to listen'.

I'm falling in love with Night City and having a great experience. But I play this game slower than it wants me to. I want more to do in the marketplace, and to spend more time doing civilian activities in Night City including spending downtime with V's companions.

Pros:
  • Characters, art, story
  • Night City, districts, weather, environments
  • The quantity and quality of side missions
  • Combat and RPG mechanics
  • Dialogue choices
  • Immersion
  • Heaps of worldbuilding and extra content to read
Cons:
  • The story moves at a heart attack pace. I want to slow down, chill out at Tom's diner, hang with Lucy for a bit, go to the hairdresser, decorate my apartment. Let me experience more of V's civilian life in this city.
  • Characters suffer "story death" when they run out of stuff to say. It's actually heartbreaking. Give them some repeatable activity (Eg. Misty's Tarot) or a short looping list of missions (chores) to show they're still alive in there.
  • Romances are quality but WAY too few and too short. It's heartbreaking when the content is exhausted so quickly.
  • This is supposed to be an adult Dystopia. The story gets it, the ads get it. Stop censoring V's body, let me walk into Gomorrah, let me watch BDs, let dancers show nudity when appropriate. This stuff adds to the fabric of the world.
  • Many quality of life issues (Inventory, Cosmetic clothes, Crafting, buying cards, no garages etc.)
Overall: I love the direction of this game, but right now it's not quite done. In the new year CD Projekt need to just keep on building. Clear out the bugs, flesh out these ideas, open up the city.

Last edited:
In term of stories and detail, everything was so good, and the story are touching, and sometime I can't help that this game is make fun of reality in our everyday lives, however, I'm a bit disappoint with some gameplay system. and a lot of crash

So my impression of the game is as followed:
I play on PC on Ultra settings with some things deactivated such things like motion blur. Therefore it looks fantastic. The star of the game is at this point (still in Act II) Night City! The love to detail is amazing! Most of the time we speed through the city like maniacs, but we should stop from time to time, to look at the love to detail, the boys and girls put in to it is amazing! You think TW3 was good, look at CP2077 now! Of course the game has some bugs left, but which game doesn't *cough* (looking at you EA). I spent the whole weekend in NC and had a lot of fun! The game can be challenging at some point. For example when you battle with the cops. There is no way, you can win that fight. They spawn right behind you and *BANG* your dead! That is annoying. GTA5 set the groundwork, they should just copy paste it! If you want us to die, at least make it a little more realistic. With some flying cars swooping in. And by the way, it's total bull, because they are making fun about the police not responding in time when you load the game at some point...

Overall the game is great! I will complete it at least 2 times!

Cool was merged with another thread ... exactly what I didn't want

I am not interested in feedback just a whiny review and a message to CD Red
i hold no grudge against the devs i feel rly sorry for them working under such bad management

I am not mentioning any bugs, because bugs can be fixed the flawed Game can not or will not.

Spoiler-free I tried not to mention anything in particular

I have 150 h and did like everything to 100% on highest difficulty…. different endings, different choices, secrets and that is my impression of the game:

tl;dr:

Depends on what you want..

100h generic open world one shot adventure 7/10 = worth buyin

Next “game of the year” AAA master piece 4/10 = don’t touch it!

The Game starts Great! The Endings are not the best I have seen but also solid, but the real Game is just 50%ish of what it should be… an empty shell of a awesome Idea.

I know how the industry works, I work in it myself. The Devs definitely know their stuff and have the skill to make a masterpiece. The Project Management was just poorly. Your standard too less time, too expensive cut 50%.... that’s not lazer enough do that again… ditch that completely…. That’s normal in the industrie, but the user should never feel that especially not through the whole product.

Game itself

The first Missions are just a Tutorial and probably the most Immersive Cyberpunk i have ever seen.

Fighting between skyscraper, gory-high-tech everywhere, flying AVs with Badass high-tech MF, Dark rainy City can’t see the sky because of high Buildings and streets, only lights are bright Neon and High-tech holo screens and Street lanterns.

After the Very First mission you already see your first cut. A fast forward sequence with your new/old Buddy. I’m pretty sure that was a complete Quest chain that got ditched. Very sad, because that made all Character from the intro worthless with zero emotional Bindings.

You can rly feel when the commercial Demo Part ends, because after that the real Game begins and loses everything besides fun Gameplay and Graphics (at least if you don’t play on a Potato).

Now your generic open world/GTA mod begins… Music stays dope though

Play test is a BIG “?” (looking at you “Knife throw”). Some Skilltrees are pain to lvl without glitches or little “tricks” (Crafting/Engineering)

Animation after Intro Part feel unpolished. clipping into scripted Position, wired unnatural behavior in convos.

Menu is F..ed (no mass crafting ??) reloading for each change makes selling/crafting a nightmare with more than 10 items

Custom based world setting and almost no customizations possible (cars non, char some at the beginning, weapons few, Clothing non you wear the best stats und look like shit)

Maybe bug or more likely… no unique reward for long unique side Quests, just “here some exp”.

main quest is maybe 10 hours … rest is just do something I don’t care until main quest is rdy

Police not interesting, useless system, spawn right beside you and on higher difficulty one shot you.
Makes you turn down the population pretty fast, when driving or using tech weapons.

No Endgame, no restart with current gear, no challenges

World

too big… too less to do… not worth to explore/nothing to find…. just average “to do list” style generic events (go kill/go steal) no depth. Scripted world nothing lives nothing happens just a stylish shell.

night city is to bright most of the time not futuristic enough it feels like a gta mod

just a OpenWorld for the sake of being OpenWorld, because everything is OpenWorld today ….

Character

Absolut mess!

You know why “hot bd cyber girl” and “somewhat hot desert girl” are fav chars and no one else? Because u go through shit with them, got a story to tell, know their past and personality “hot bd cyber girl” even more than “hot desert girl”…

You introduce interesting character and do nothing with them “wired nose guy”…

Choices doesn’t matter you save a person and with luck u see them again or even hear from them. V always becomes the same person u can’t change his/her character. Very, very few choices change something in the world and even than play no role.

Only “Main plot guy” choices matter for the “not so secret ending”

Main story to short or got rewrote to often because “main plot guy” is like after talking to him 4 times in the main story “man, we went through some shit buddy” …. Uhm ok … I guess

Romances

Why even bother? Every F…ing Game F..s this up. Romance someone .. get 2-4 together scenes.. little sex aaaand done. After that one Dialogue option more, maybe 1-2 calls and 3 Different voice Mails in 9 Different Endings. Cool, you could have just put some more work into the actual story instead of this half beaked shit. A romance change nothing, Character don’t behave different.

X ending romanced Y …. You probably never see y agin, but y is like…. “ok bro, stay yourself!”

Just have a romance system because all games have this today right?

Story

You mix the critic above and to short story… big char development or at least they tried to simulate that in way to short steps. Again “main plot” talked like 4 times “heeey buddy”.

I remember just the awesome intro, “Cyber Girl” side Quest and the endings.

Gameplay

Very good, feels smooth shooting/slicing enemies is satisfying and (at least on very hard) challenging.

Skilltee is Interesting and offer different play styles, only down side Experimenting is very expensive.

Weapons feel different maybe wished for more variants in the big 3 types and more customization

But worth tryin all out

Cars are a mess could be fun to see the city, feel the streets while driving… if you manage to look away from the minimap because of overshooting turns, can look over the wheel(FP view) or if the controls don’t fuck you up. (maybe not objective and more a personal thing idk)

Population is just annoying with current police system and nonstop dodge-warpin oneshot guys

If you don’t know what I mean play tech weapons or drive a lot.

Cyber what? Seriously almost no point in investing in Cyberware it’s just min max option or for some very specific play styles and very expensive

Grafics / Music

awesome if you don’t be a potato and play on one… I know this was announced for ps4 and x one but that was like 5 years ago … just go with time

Music is dope could change more often, because radio = vexelstrom and battle music almost never change but we have dope Tracks like “the rebel path”

End of my roast

I do the same as my V…. ditch night city never look back

Sry CD red but buggy mess first strike but…. Okey-ish u can fix that, but also release an patchwork Demo of a Game second strike… one more and you land on a (at least my) long black list of game companies

See ya in the next hopefully not last game

Kind regards

a Dead Dream and broken Heart

Last edited:
They should make their Ciri game come back

I agree with everything you said, but a Ciri game will be even more linear and action/adventure than Cyberpunk.

Not only it would have to canonize the Witcheress ending, but also Ciri is...not a mutant. You can't have an alchemy build with Ciri as protagonist.

I agree with everything you said, but a Ciri game will be even more linear and action/adventure than Cyberpunk.

Not only it would have to canonize the Witcheress ending, but also Ciri is...not a mutant. You can't have an alchemy build with Ciri as protagonist.

I mentioned a Ciri game because of all the rumors, the point im trying to make is that they need to step away from cyberpunk and focus on something new, and then come back.

Just started play on PC (MSI GTX 1070Ti) and game is for me runing very good on automatically chosed settings (mix of high/ultra on 1080p resolution). Installation (was used offline installer, including patches to 1.04 and 1.05) was smooth going and there was not even one crash or serious technical issue during 17 hours of gameplay so far. I had no specific expectations and observed Cyberpunk final development only via released videos from Night City. I need to say that I enjoy play much. Story is catchy and characters behaves mostly like I do expected they should act ... really nice! Combat at hard difficulty is challenging and I slowly learn keys biddings (I use original setting, fits my needs). Here I want say "Thank you" to development team of this game, it offers me relax exactly like I expected/hoped. I of course have read numerous criticism and hope you guys will be able make this game even better (I hope so, this game imo deserves to be great.). I don't buy many games, I usually play only a few, and then I play them for years. I hope Cyberpunk also will be such game, looking forward for updates next year.

Merry Christmas and all the best to new Year CDProject devs! This year was really bad one, let's hope that things will soon return to normal and you will have better environment for making games!

I honestly love the game, yeah theres some bugs but CDPR have been quick to respond and willing to help. The one thing that I am bummed about is that I just got my series s and did not understand what smart delivery was. I purchased a physical copy, because I buy all their games in the physical format, but also I didnt expect to be able to find console so fast. i am bummed I cannot give my brother the xb1 x for christmas like I planned because I want to play through Cyberpunk throughly.

At least cdpr attempts to fix bugs, ubisoft gave me the digital middle finger with a bug in AC valhalla that wouldnt allow me to close door in asgard that was required for quest, they told me to go back to previous save... I had to completely restart because there were no saves. honestly you guys did a great job with the game and the demands of the undeserving masses and microsoft and sony. I appreciate that they are even trying to fix the game. Honestly, none of you deserve a refund. Do you know how many crap games people have bought and just dealt with it. I think CDPR shouldnt pander to the entitled garbage manchildren.

I love this game, I enjoyed the story and Night City. The game is definitely not perfect but I barely had any issues and I play on Stadia.

Top Bottom