Lifepaths are meaningless. There is no replayability.

+
I am surprised there is no Japanese romance option. This is cyberpunk and arasaka is a huge part of the world. This should have been obvious step no.1
Post automatically merged:

But expectations are natural. Otherwise no one would even look at this game a second time, much less actually buy it. And if people say they have low expectations then they are bombarded with "you had low expectations so of course you hate the game".

I am just keeping it real. Low or high expectations don't matter. Cyberpunk fails to meet it's own basic promises or standards.
Post automatically merged:

I am pretty sure if cyberpunk stopped crashing and pulling me out of immersion and if we gve EA and Bethesda a pass, I wouldn't be here. The game brought me here more than anything.

This game did not 1 time crash for me ... serioulsy not ONE time in 92 hours. For console I can feel for you but thats life. It is like it is and they are working on it.

To be honest, Im glad im just a game composer and not a developer. I wonder if i am playing the same game as some of you or maybe im just easier to entertain lol....

Ive been playing so far for over 60 hours on PC. No bugs just a few glitches. Mostly everything they showed in the trailers and the deep dive videos is in the game and it looks exactly as they promised ( for me at least). What im saying; im having a ball. Weapons are fun. The oh not so perfect AI Doesn't bother me. The city is just awesome to ride around. The prologue alone took me 9 hours. I cant remember the last game that made me feel so connected. ( maybe deus ex, for obvious reasons and the last of us?)

No one talks about the braindances. Its just so much fun finding clues and play detective. The story is fun...

I think while no game should be as buggy as CP on console, aside from that, gamers today have unrealistic expectations. Did you really think that every lifepath will be super unique? like 3 new games in one. I mean I never was under the impression that they sold this as just that. I figured prob just small differences. Still, there is so much to do and really, how can anyone say that $60 for over 60 hours of gameplay is a bad thing? A movie cost almost 25 bucks an lasts 2 hours....

Just saying, cut the guys some slack. Many expected CP to be the 2nd coming, so its not, its JUST a good game with some flaws. I really hope they will fix the console versions. I do not want them to decide to cancel new content for CP. Night city is just too much fun....

This game feels gutted, especially the life paths.

I have played several games where you got to choose which path you wanted to take, where you came from, evil/good etc. and it all mattered in the game, far beyond a conversation option.

Jackie is what pissed me off the most and no not the character, it was how he was handled. There is a strong indication there was a large chunk of Jackie content that was dumped. It seems rather odd, you introduce this character and then a few missions later, he is dead. And not to mention his death made no damn sense either. And WTF was up with that montage? It would have been fun to spend time with Jackie outside of the main mission. But no, CDPR just slapped together some cinematic montage and assumed it was good enough. What about actually meeting Mama and sitting down with her over a bowl of her chili?

And then there are those who are trying to defend this game and such lame ass content. I get it, you have a right to your own opinion, but there is a fine line between having an opinion and supporting this type of behavior. This game was in production for EIGHT YEARS! Get your head out of the clouds and stop supporting companies who release broken games. You may not mind getting a buggy mess and refusing to believe your so-call “hero developers” are no better then scalpers.

There is little point to defending this game as there is having a background option for your character—which to say there is none.

This game feels gutted, especially the life paths.

I have played several games where you got to choose which path you wanted to take, where you came from, evil/good etc. and it all mattered in the game, far beyond a conversation option.

Jackie is what pissed me off the most and no not the character, it was how he was handled. There is a strong indication there was a large chunk of Jackie content that was dumped. It seems rather odd, you introduce this character and then a few missions later, he is dead. And not to mention his death made no damn sense either. And WTF was up with that montage? It would have been fun to spend time with Jackie outside of the main mission. But no, CDPR just slapped together some cinematic montage and assumed it was good enough. What about actually meeting Mama and sitting down with her over a bowl of her chili?

And then there are those who are trying to defend this game and such lame ass content. I get it, you have a right to your own opinion, but there is a fine line between having an opinion and supporting this type of behavior. This game was in production for EIGHT YEARS! Get your head out of the clouds and stop supporting companies who release broken games. You may not mind getting a buggy mess and refusing to believe your so-call “hero developers” are no better then scalpers.

There is little point to defending this game as there is having a background option for your character—which to say there is none.

Lol The game is long as is and you would like to sit down with Mama and have a bowl of chili?

Yeah opinions but just because u dont like the design decisions they made doesn't make it bad. Plenty of the stuff that was shown is in the game. I thought the montage was cool. Didnt bother me. After playing 60 plus hours, there is plenty of content to justify the 8 (technically 6) years of development. IMO. I agree that the console versions are unacceptable and they will pay the price but the game itself, IMO, is fine as is. Content always has to be scaled back, that happens with almost every game....

Lol The game is long as is and you would like to sit down with Mama and have a bowl of chili?

Yeah opinions but just because u dont like the design decisions they made doesn't make it bad. Plenty of the stuff that was shown is in the game. I thought the montage was cool. Didnt bother me. After playing 60 plus hours, there is plenty of content to justify the 8 (technically 6) years of development. IMO. I agree that the console versions are unacceptable and they will pay the price but the game itself, IMO, is fine as is. Content always has to be scaled back, that happens with almost every game....

Yes. Its quite funny that I --a player-- would like immersion in a role playing game. Something you probably never touched in your life. We are meeting Jackie's mom for the first time, it would have been nice to get to know her.

OMG! They cut content?!? No way! Why didnt someone mention this to me!??!? (Rolls eyes) [...]

So the game is fine as it is? Huh. Tell that to the numerous players who have ass loads of bugs on ALL platforms. If the game is fine as it is, why did CDPR offer apologies and refunds?!? Why is the company scrambling to fix their mess? Content cannot be enjoyed if the content is broken. YOU maybe happy to pucker up to the butt of the company and pay for a broken game, but many of us are not. Many of us have jobs and bills to pay. When we get a chance to sit down, relax and play a video and only to find out said game is nearly unplayable, people have a right to be pissed. People have a right to be pissed that the content that was shown was not given.

And instead of "attacking" me why don't you "attack" all the other people who are also disappointed with the content. Or am I special and happen to have a target on my back simply because I am female? Lucky me. I'll go buy a scratch off. <smirks>

In my opinion, CP 2077 planned as RPG focused game but they figured they can't make it with high graphics and expanded mechanics. So they cut most of the RPG content in the game and focused on graphics and mechanics. Oh and also COVID might prevented it who knows.

Lifepaths are more of a personality setting than a story modifier. Exactly as said above Corpo prologue started off nicely, champagne rides, even a life coach, it all just changes redicaly to street-kid as soon you're stripped off your rank. It only affects dialog choices, I wont lie sometimes it made me feel like a proper corpo diplomat but those times are very few.

Did you really think that every lifepath will be super unique?

Is that a serious question?

I seem to recall a lot of propping up the new and revolutionary lifepath system. You get to pick between three options to select a backstory for your V. What you select will change the way you play the game. It will be impactful. Your interactions with the game world will change based on your selection.

Ahem... ehm... err.... horseshit. Sorry, I had something caught in my windpipe there for a second. What was I saying? :)

Lifepaths are more of a personality setting than a story modifier. Exactly as said above Corpo prologue started off nicely, champagne rides, even a life coach, it all just changes redicaly to street-kid as soon you're stripped off your rank. It only affects dialog choices, I wont lie sometimes it made me feel like a proper corpo diplomat but those times are very few.
It effects dialogue choices in very sporadic ways. I wouldn't even say it's a personality setting, all V's have the same personality.

Yes. Its quite funny that I --a player-- would like immersion in a role playing game. Something you probably never touched in your life. We are meeting Jackie's mom for the first time, it would have been nice to get to know her.

OMG! They cut content?!? No way! Why didnt someone mention this to me!??!? (Rolls eyes) [...]

So the game is fine as it is? Huh. Tell that to the numerous players who have ass loads of bugs on ALL platforms. If the game is fine as it is, why did CDPR offer apologies and refunds?!? Why is the company scrambling to fix their mess? Content cannot be enjoyed if the content is broken. YOU maybe happy to pucker up to the butt of the company and pay for a broken game, but many of us are not. Many of us have jobs and bills to pay. When we get a chance to sit down, relax and play a video and only to find out said game is nearly unplayable, people have a right to be pissed. People have a right to be pissed that the content that was shown was not given.

And instead of "attacking" me why don't you "attack" all the other people who are also disappointed with the content. Or am I special and happen to have a target on my back simply because I am female? Lucky me. I'll go buy a scratch off. <smirks>

First off, take a chill pill. At no point did i "attack" you.

Im saying, in game development, they all cut some content at the end. it just is that way. Why roll your eyes? Its a fact.

There are not ass loads of bugs on ALL platforms. That is simply not true. I have a few friends who play and enjoy the current 1.05 version as well. I have played 60 hours thus far and encountered only one crash and a few visual glitches like the silly t pose thing. But nothing that stopped me from playing. And whos pucking up to whos ass? Again, chill. Its broken on the consoles but def not on the PC. But critiquing design decisions and saying that's why its broken, because you hated the montage means what? They made a decision and you dont like it. Fair. But it doesnt make it broken or a terrible game because of it.

And wow whos making a simple reply into a sexiest comment now? I had no idea you are female nor do I care. Maybe scratch off that chip on your shoulder...or if you cant take critic or another opinion maybe being on the net isn't for you...

I agree with the topic.

The game delivered is very shallow compared to what was promissed.

A lot of characters have more time in trailers than in actual game. Most of the dialogue choices are meaningless.

CDPR will have to make a great DLC with more (obviously free) meaningful content in it (not only mindless grinding texting fixers repetitive missions).

Because otherwise, the multiplayer will launch dead, just like what happened to Resident Evil 3 x Resident Evil Resistance.

One of the perks they could have given Corpo path. Was hire a NPC companion for missions. Other small bonuses. TV stations could be run from the HUD.

This game is different than the one they showed us in the 2018 gameplay demo. I'm waiting for that game. They released this one just to give 2020 another finger to give to everyone.

Its funny you say that... *puts tinfoil hat on*
B/c they dont allow political talk, or players to be "mean" to others... which is forcing ppl that play to be happy and stop focusing on crazy scop.
Ive been watching nothing but politics/live protest feeds and scop forever it feels like...
So much scop is happening right now, and im not even paying attn...

The TechnoCrats are trying to "Smoke and Mirror" us... Distract us from the MegaCorpo take over that is falling upon us right now.
The 4 have interfered with democracy. Soon... Yellow cab will be Red cab....As the states succeed from one another and we get the NUSA.

Cheers.
And remember... You are the Resistance!
xD

First off, take a chill pill. At no point did i "attack" you.

Im saying, in game development, they all cut some content at the end. it just is that way. Why roll your eyes? Its a fact.

There are not ass loads of bugs on ALL platforms. That is simply not true. I have a few friends who play and enjoy the current 1.05 version as well. I have played 60 hours thus far and encountered only one crash and a few visual glitches like the silly t pose thing. But nothing that stopped me from playing. And whos pucking up to whos ass? Again, chill. Its broken on the consoles but def not on the PC. But critiquing design decisions and saying that's why its broken, because you hated the montage means what? They made a decision and you dont like it. Fair. But it doesnt make it broken or a terrible game because of it.

And wow whos making a simple reply into a sexiest comment now? I had no idea you are female nor do I care. Maybe scratch off that chip on your shoulder...or if you cant take critic or another opinion maybe being on the net isn't for you...

The problem is when you put in context of all the marketing and dev interviews. The game is a shadow of what it was made out to be.

I know things naturally get cut form games during development cycle , but ... damn ... Cyberpunk got gutted to the point it was a hollow shell of the deep experience it could have been.

Mass Effect Andromeda was lined up with lots of DLC's down the road, even at the vanilla game's ending a DLC was hinted regarding the missing ARK's. We all know how that ended. There is no way (ever!?) that CD RED with Cyberpunk 2077's current stage can develop/release anything but free "cosmetic" item/gear DLC's.

Grand Theft Auto V (2013) is in all aspects a much more fleshed out game, and for me personally the biggest flaws in Cyberpunk 2077 (2020) is the lack of "barber" and "ability to buy more properties". What a fiasco.

the lack of "barber" and "ability to buy more properties"
I wouldn't call those the biggest flaws on my list, but this is definitely something that should be in the game.

The player customization overall is pretty awful to begin with. No choice to add cyberware beyond a small cosmetic face option. Nothing like full arm/hand or leg/foot replacements, etc, etc. The number of tattoo options is tiny. And the limited clothing options. Not that it matters terribly since being in FPP all the time you might as well just be a pair of floating hands anyway.

Top Bottom