Cyberpunk 2077 hands down best storyline

+
I’m all relatively new to CD Projekt Red and I gotta say wow they make one hell of a game. I found myself immersed in this game for hours on end not wanting to put it down, side jobs to storyline done to a T. A friend of mine mentioned it before it’s release and said I had to get it I wouldn’t be disappointed and he was right.

I wanna start off with how short and crisp the beginning relationship between jackie and v started, some how they managed to grab my attention and emotion in mere minutes. I found myself linked to the main story line and wanting to see further into it, not gonna lie I had to try to dial myself back from it to learn more and see if I could potentially link other characters into the story and you damn very well could. I started to get to know Judy and panam, takamori and more. To be honest though Panam and the Aldecaldo’s really peaked my interest badass hot looking rebel girl and a bunch of badass outlaws to go with it. The entire run through with her is an emotional grasping to say the least. Really hoping they’ll bring more to their story through dlc.

As the story progresses and the biochip gets more and more intertwined through your nervous-system you begin understanding Johnny silver hand more and oh boy is that a grab on it’s own.didn’t get to play through his ending but I am going to for sure.

I’m glad I had a fresh set of eyes going into the game and not anticipating it to be a masterpiece every game has its issues and developers are constantly fixing things CD Projekt Red definitely deserves credit where it’s due. They can’t create a astronomical storyline you’re one the edge ofyour seat the whole way through and to be honest wasn’t disappointed once after my first play through had a great time!

I almost died of boredom and the last bit of story were so forced on you and prolonged that I had to force myself to finish it. Not to even mention that no matter what choices I try to make (because obviously 98% don't matter) - game tries hard to tell me "no, no, THIS is best choice, THIS you should do".

Above average single player story. Garbage RPG story, no roleplaying at all.

Nowhere near Witcher 3. Not even close.

Story is really good, needs more impactful choices, and the game have a beautiful city, sad it feels empty after you finish the content, the game feels a lot of cut content :(

I’m all relatively new to CD Projekt Red and I gotta say wow they make one hell of a game. I found myself immersed in this game for hours on end not wanting to put it down, side jobs to storyline done to a T. A friend of mine mentioned it before it’s release and said I had to get it I wouldn’t be disappointed and he was right.

I wanna start off with how short and crisp the beginning relationship between jackie and v started, some how they managed to grab my attention and emotion in mere minutes. I found myself linked to the main story line and wanting to see further into it, not gonna lie I had to try to dial myself back from it to learn more and see if I could potentially link other characters into the story and you damn very well could. I started to get to know Judy and panam, takamori and more. To be honest though Panam and the Aldecaldo’s really peaked my interest badass hot looking rebel girl and a bunch of badass outlaws to go with it. The entire run through with her is an emotional grasping to say the least. Really hoping they’ll bring more to their story through dlc.

As the story progresses and the biochip gets more and more intertwined through your nervous-system you begin understanding Johnny silver hand more and oh boy is that a grab on it’s own.didn’t get to play through his ending but I am going to for sure.

I’m glad I had a fresh set of eyes going into the game and not anticipating it to be a masterpiece every game has its issues and developers are constantly fixing things CD Projekt Red definitely deserves credit where it’s due. They can’t create a astronomical storyline you’re one the edge ofyour seat the whole way through and to be honest wasn’t disappointed once after my first play through had a great time!

I'm not sure if you are trolling or just in experience because this story and level of RPG is an absolute minimum

Guest 4375874

Same here, glad you are enjoying the game so far. Is this your first introduction to the cyberpunk genre in any medium?

It probably would've been right up there if they, like most things in the game, had more time to spend on it.

As is, i find it not bad, not great but definitely not rubbish, majority of the characters involved in the main quest arc could've been fleshed out more, as they stand, i feel i completed the prologue with them while i rushed to the epilogue. Dont get me wrong whats there with them is pretty well writing and greatly voice acted by all concerned i just cant make my mind up if it was either to large a cast so resources were spread to far or just simply there wasn't enough time giving to the developers to fully realise them.

Either way whats done is done and i expect nothing to change at all regarding characters/story or ending but i'll definitely be looking to the dlc to see whats on offer as bugs aside i still enjoyed my time in game

Guest 4375874

It probably would've been right up there if they, like most things in the game, had more time to spend on it.

As is, i find it not bad, not great but definitely not rubbish, majority of the characters involved in the main quest arc could've been fleshed out more, as they stand, i feel i completed the prologue with them while i rushed to the epilogue. Dont get me wrong whats there with them is pretty well writing and greatly voice acted by all concerned i just cant make my mind up if it was either to large a cast so resources were spread to far or just simply there wasn't enough time giving to the developers to fully realise them.

Either way whats done is done and i expect nothing to change at all regarding characters/story or ending but i'll definitely be looking to the dlc to see whats on offer as bugs aside i still enjoyed my time in game
frankly there's been a pandemic since the start of the year, they should have pushed the game back to next April...a lot of things have been delayed this year so this should have been no different. Not that I'm complaining since I haven't had any bugs but I'm sure there is more they would have wanted to do.

I just finished the game, and wow! Just blown away. From the amazing story to the first rate voice acting, along with the incredible in game immersion factor...this game made me feel like I've actually been living in Night City for the past week and a bit that I've been playing. Tons of choices, multiple paths to the end. I actually had to THINK about which way I wanted to go in this game multiple times. My first V is a male Streetkid Netrunner. For my second playthrough I'm gonna go with a female Corpo Solo (or in Shadowrun terms, a Street Samurai - specifically a Razorgirl - focused on melee combat implants). I'm excited to see how that will change the story based on the choices I will make from her perspective instead of a Netrunner.
Post automatically merged:

I almost died of boredom and the last bit of story were so forced on you and prolonged that I had to force myself to finish it. Not to even mention that no matter what choices I try to make (because obviously 98% don't matter) - game tries hard to tell me "no, no, THIS is best choice, THIS you should do".

Above average single player story. Garbage RPG story, no roleplaying at all.

Nowhere near Witcher 3. Not even close.
Sad to hear you say that. But then the point of an RPG game is not what the game gives you. It's about YOU playing the role. Create a character in your head, and make choices according to that role. That is why it is called a roleplaying game. In game character mechanics are just that, mechanics. They have very little to do with the role.

I will say this. I created a Netrunner, and he was incredibly dangerous by the end of the game. I could take down an entire building of guards or gangers without even firing a shot, or being seen for that matter. I had tons of options to make him that way.

As for your dissatisfaction with the story, I can understand. Not every story is going to resonate with every person. Personally, I found my story path engrossing and emotionally moving, as well as quite humorous at times. Being a fan of the cyberpunk genre definitely added to my experience. I wish it could have been the same for you. As for the Witcher 3, I've played that as well, and I can truthfully say I enjoyed this story just as much as I enjoyed that one, but for entirely different reasons.

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more, though I was more partial to Judy's story. Panam's was amazing to but I liked Judy's just a little more.

Sad to hear you say that. But then the point of an RPG game is not what the game gives you. It's about YOU playing the role. Create a character in your head, and make choices according to that role. That is why it is called a roleplaying game. In game character mechanics are just that, mechanics. They have very little to do with the role.

Nope, RPG is where I feel that what I roleplay has direct influence over the world. Also I expect having dialogue choices to roleplay that, not only in my head. RPG is about roleplaying, yes. But there is no roleplaying if choies you make don't matter or change outcome in game/quests etc. So far 98% of your choices don't change anything. Not to mention in most cases you don't even have choices. You can't be charismatic leader, soulless mercenary, witty netrunner, neutral professional, pure evil cyber maniac. Not in your head, but in dialogue options.

Gam that does not provide different outcomes to your decisions is not RPG. It's just adventure game with some mechanics borrowed from RPG.

There needs to be more endings in DLC... You need to be able to bring with you more of the NPCs. I didn't feel connected to anyone that much.

I'm going through it a second time. I would have much preferred the Jackie prologue to have been role played for asset collection, like my own choice of vehicle, clothes, weapons... The Dex DeShaun stuff could have been shorter. I wanted to get back to exploration but you're driven through the plot.

I'm going to try the River romance and Panam endings this time. I wanted to get a gist the first time through. While I got close to the experience I expected from the game, it involved a lot of imagination and to-ing and fro-ing. Now I know more of what I can expect, I'm hoping there is enough in the characters that I want to return. The Panam stuff honestly seemed bland and stereotyped at first glance, though. The River romance stuff is said to be okay?

None of the romance options for the first run through interested me at all. Judy is said to be okay but it tends not to be the kind of thing I'd roll-play.

I've gotten more out of the background stuff than I thought I might given that it has no real baring on anything. I wanted to be able to assert it through variations in the endings but no.

Johnny annoys me more than he does interest me at the end but maybe it will be different with the other endings.

You are either joking, trolling or never played an RPG in your entire life. Joking aside i really don't get your point.

1. Older Games give you a better story with way more influence over the world and the outcome of said story. Gothic, Dragon Age Origins, Hell even Fallout Titles.
2. If we take GTA 5 (can't believe i rly write this) as an example it is the better RPG despite not being one........
3. They CAN create a astronomical storyline. Witcher 3 had more options to influence in a single side quest storyline then the main story of Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
So far 98% of your choices don't change anything.

I am not sure about that. I have seen lots of choices I have made have a impact on the world and the ending I got.
Not sure what happened with your play through.

You can't be charismatic leader, soulless mercenary, witty netrunner, neutral professional, pure evil cyber maniac. Not in your head, but in dialogue options.

Yes, you can. Well maybe not the charismatic leader, cause being a leader is not what this game is about, but the others you sure can. My first play through was very much like a neutral-ish professional.

Also you seem to have a misconception about what a CRPG is. CRPGs where around for quite a long time before "player choice" mechanics started becoming a thing in video games. I would wager to say there are more RPGs out there without player choice mechanics then with them. It may not be what you want a CRPG to be but it is in no way a requirement for the player to be able to make choices or for them to be able to make them and them matter to the outcome of the game for it to be called a RPG.

Top Bottom