Can't get over 60 - 65 FPS no matter what resolution or settings on PC

+
That was the first thing I tried, amongst every other solution mentioned here. It has also been officially patched/implemented in the 1.05 update. Plus this issue for me is happening across multiple titles
official patch is not perfect many people report worse performance, and there is already a hex fix for 1.05 version, i tried myself and it improved the performance on my amd cpu...
what cpu you have? can you turn cpu clock speed on msi afterburner?
for some reason half of your cpu threads are not being utilized at all
try using 3dmark cpu benchmark they are specifically made to max out all cpu cores
also can try running test with multihreading off on your cpu

That was the first thing I tried, amongst every other solution mentioned here. It has also been officially patched/implemented in the 1.05 update. Plus this issue for me is happening across multiple titles

I am having the EXACT same issue in regards to no matter the settings/resolution/whats on or off I get zero fps change. But this only happens in Cyberpunk where settings dont respond (latest drivers, all tweaks)

DLSS is halving our GPU load as its down sampling to a lower resolution, then AI upscaling. However this ISNT increasing in performance for us as manually bringing the resolution down in the video menu (to say 720p) yields no results. Something is bugged with the resolution settings not applying properly.

I get 70/80+ FPS in ALL other titles on high/ultra at 1440p (Valhalla, Horizon, Witcher 3, Destiny, GTA, etc), so this is just Cyberpunk.

If it is across the system, did you check your power plan by any chance?

I checked and it seems I even have a special power plan for Ryzen... Though either way I don't seem to see any options here that could limit performance?

Post automatically merged:

I am having the EXACT same issue in regards to no matter the settings/resolution/whats on or off I get zero fps change. But this only happens in Cyberpunk where settings dont respond (latest drivers, all tweaks)

DLSS is halving our GPU load as its down sampling to a lower resolution, then AI upscaling. However this ISNT increasing in performance for us as manually bringing the resolution down in the video menu (to say 720p) yields no results. Something is bugged with the resolution settings not applying properly.

I get 70/80+ FPS in ALL other titles on high/ultra at 1440p (Valhalla, Horizon, Witcher 3, Destiny, GTA, etc), so this is just Cyberpunk.
''Something is bugged with the resolution settings not applying properly.'' Not sure about that, since if I go down to ultra performance mode the image quality is noticeably sucky and is being upscaled, just that the performance doesn't reflect that.

Did you also try something similar on other titles? Lowering your settings to see if performance actually goes up and gpu usage stays the same? I'd try some other modern titles with dlss but I don't have anything else right now.

I checked and it seems I even have a special power plan for Ryzen... Though either way I don't seem to see any options here that could limit performance?
check all the settings, max performance 100% max it out, processor power management especially

dlss ultra performance is like native rendering at 720p and upscaling, if you set resolution to 720 u will not see any improvement, for me myself on 1080p monitor fps was same just gpu usage went to half because i was bottlenecked by my cpu when i turned dlss on, so i just hooked monitor with bigger resolution and used dlss where it shines

Last edited:
official patch is not perfect many people report worse performance, and there is already a hex fix for 1.05 version, i tried myself and it improved the performance on my amd cpu...
what cpu you have? can you turn cpu clock speed on msi afterburner?
for some reason half of your cpu threads are not being utilized at all
try using 3dmark cpu benchmark they are specifically made to max out all cpu cores
also can try running test with multihreading off on your cpu

I've got a ryzen 3900x. I doubt it's an issue with threads not being used, I'm definitely no expert but I don't think all of them would be in full use all the time, but to confirm, here's me driving around with a little more usage: *btw, this is on lowest graphical settings... 80fps on a 3090 like wtf*

I don't have 3dmark but I used ryzen master to do a stress test and all came out fine, as well as the PassMark performance test, I got a score of about 31,900 {95 percentile} which seems close enough to the average score for my cpu on their list considering a bunch of people OC theirs more than I do.

I also tried with without multithreading but sadly, no change.

check all the settings, max performance 100% max it out, processor power management especially
It's as high as it goes man, the power plan is literally called high performance.

Last edited:
I've got a ryzen 3900x. I doubt it's an issue with threads not being used, I'm definitely no expert but I don't think all of them would be in full use all the time, but to confirm, here's me driving around with a little more usage:

I don't have 3dmark but I used ryzen master to do a stress test and all came out fine, as well as the PassMark performance test, I got a score of about 31,900 {95 percentile} which seems close enough to the average score for my cpu on their list considering a bunch of people OC theirs more than I do.

I also tried with without multithreading but sadly, no change.
Getting same result without multihreading just means game does not utilize more than 12 core for you. I am also not an expert on ryzen but try searching for similar problem on reddit or tech forums like linus tech tips. I remember reading things like setting different boost clocks on specifics cores ( if game use less core you can set some cores to boost higher than other ones or smth like thaT) or maybe you can find some other solutions.
Short term solution would just be to enjoy game on higher settings/ dlss set on quality and higher resolution to make gpu work more. ( you have a 3090 ffs,you should just go for 4k 60fps with rtx on;D)

Btw cyber enginge mod smt fix doesnt work for me, only hex one. works
Before all this ryzen many core consumer cpus came ppl were not buying anything above 4 cores because games there not using them.

Last edited:

dlss ultra performance is like native rendering at 720p and upscaling, if you set resolution to 720 u will not see any improvement, for me myself on 1080p monitor fps was same just gpu usage went to half because i was bottlenecked by my cpu when i turned dlss on, so i just hooked monitor with bigger resolution and used dlss where it shines

For sure. But 720p NO DLSS should have the 'same performance' as 4k DLSS Ultra Performance, right?

The issue I have is even with DLSS OFF, my fps is the same 1440p, 1080p, 720p, 540p....all the exact same fps. So then when I run native 3440 x 1440 with DLSS ON, its not doing anything as lowering the resolution manually shows that it has no effect.

Did you also try something similar on other titles? Lowering your settings to see if performance actually goes up and gpu usage stays the same? I'd try some other modern titles with dlss but I don't have anything else right now.

I dont have any other DLSS titles, but tried Kingdom Come Deliverance as you did.

Native 3440 x 1440,
Ultra was on 90fps
Low was 125fps

90-100% Usage on both.

For sure. But 720p NO DLSS should have the 'same performance' as 4k DLSS Ultra Performance, right?

The issue I have is even with DLSS OFF, my fps is the same 1440p, 1080p, 720p, 540p....all the exact same fps. So then when I run native 3440 x 1440 with DLSS ON, its not doing anything as lowering the resolution manually shows that it has no effect.

I dont have any other DLSS titles, but tried Kingdom Come Deliverance as you did.

Native 3440 x 1440,
Ultra was on 90fps
Low was 125fps

90-100% Usage on both.
you fps max is locked if you have same fps 1440p or 540p

you fps max is locked if you have same fps 1440p or 540p

If i crouch in a dark corner and look at my feet it goes up to 100, outside V's apt its around 55.

So the range is there. I plugged in my 4k TV earlier and at native 4k it was the same fps as 1024x576. But as I said above the range is still there....but scaling resolutions both way's doesn't have any results....? Any ideas?

Edit. Also tested other titles (Valhalla, Horizon, Red Dead) at 4k, 1440p, 1080p, 540p etc. All run as expected and improve in performance naturally as res decreases. Cyberpunk is the only one that doesnt.

If resolution change doesn't seem to affect performance in the slightest than you're most likely CPU bound to the performance you're getting. That's why the SMT fix helped a lot of AMD users, myself included, cuz that lets the game utilize more threads, thus improving computational throughput.

Take a look here. The game is incredibly CPU hungry and oblitirates many CPUs, like a Ryzen 1600X would be CPU bound to 33-48 fps. And if you need 60+ you'll get them starting with 3800X ffs. Intel enters 60+ league with i9-9700K :shrug:

I have a similar issue. My rig is as follows:
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K, 4.2Ghz
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti Strix ROG OC 11GB
RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL14
SSD: Adata SSD Ultimate SU800 512G M.2

That's more than the recommended requirements. I play on a 1440p, G-Sync, 144Hz monitor (S2716DG to be exact), the game sets the graphics automatically to Ultra but I cannot seem to get more than 45-50 FPS, which is ridiculous.
Using GeForce Experience to optimize the game decreased some of the settings and slightly improved performance but not much. The only thing that did help was decreasing the resolution itself to 1080p, which made it run at about 65-80 FPS, still sometimes dipping below. I also used Nvidia Freestyle's sharpening filter to reduce some of the blurriness brought on by the lower res. That, however, is not a solution and feels very much like bad optimization of the title. It reminds me of the game Prototype 2, a title that would run smoothly on a Core 2 Duo processor, abysmally on an i5 and then perfectly on an i7 CPU.

Any ideas on how to improve the performance without having to replace any of the components...?

guys just go to the "badlands" out of the city if your fps increases drastically means you were cpu bound, some settings are cpu hogs reduce them

If resolution change doesn't seem to affect performance in the slightest than you're most likely CPU bound to the performance you're getting. That's why the SMT fix helped a lot of AMD users, myself included, cuz that lets the game utilize more threads, thus improving computational throughput.

Take a look here. The game is incredibly CPU hungry and oblitirates many CPUs, like a Ryzen 1600X would be CPU bound to 33-48 fps. And if you need 60+ you'll get them starting with 3800X ffs. Intel enters 60+ league with i9-9700K :shrug:

Thanks so much for this info man. So quick question, with my Threadripper 2950x a stable 60fps just isnt achievable at this time, no matter the rez or settings (if im understanding correctly?)

I could put the settings and resolution on the lowest of lows, and it will still be bound?

Last edited:
I have the same Problem. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x, a RTX 360 ti and 16 gb ram. The Game is on an SSD and i cant even get 60 fps in front of lizzys bar in 1080p and everything on low (!). Its like 58-59 fps. I tried the Patch and it helps with the cpu usage but the 3060 just refuses to do its thing. it sits around 50% Usage. So i guess we have to wait fore more patches....
Unbenannt.png

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this info man. So quick question, with my Threadripper 2950x a stable 60fps just isnt achievable at this time, no matter the rez or settings (if im understanding correctly?)

I could put the settings and resolution on the lowest of lows, and it will still be bound?

CPU doesn't really care about your screen resolution, it calculates the logic of the game, like where an object should be in each frame, what an NPC or your player character should be doing and what not, but it doesn't calculate pixels on your screen, that's GPU work and GPU starts calculating pixels once the CPU has calculated all the internal logic of the game first. So, yeah, lowering resolution would not help you in this case, in fact it can saturate your CPU even more but not in a direct manner, but rather as a side effect. As I said the GPU starts to calculate each frame the moment the CPU has dealt with all the internal logic and has fed that data to the GPU. When you lower your resolution, it takes way less time for the GPU to render that frame, which in turn results in a way shorter window for the CPU to prepare another frame to send onto the GPU for rendering. So that's kind of a viscious circle.

As for your threadripper, I don't really know what it is capable of, but given that the higher core CPUs tend to have weaker individual cores, then yes, it's pretty much guarantees that your CPU bound in this game as more cores don't always mean more performance, cuz a piece of software has to be capable of actually taking advantage of those cores and games rarely ever use more than 8 cores/threads (to Cyberpunk's merit it is actually one of the few games that can use a lot of cores/threads, there are barely any games out there now that can do that better), so naturally games benefit the most from faster individual core, a.k.a. "single core" performance.

In any case:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16x 3.50 GHz (4.40 GHz) HT- 449 scores around 449 points in Cinebench R20, single core.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8x 3.90 GHz (4.50 GHz), which is a 60+ fps in this game according to Tom's Hardware tests, scores around 509 points in the same test, single core

509 against 449, it's a 13,3% difference, which would mean that you should be roughly around "52" fps where 3800X holds 60, but that's a rough estimate of course.

The best thing you can do right now, in my opinion, is lock your FPS @30 and saturate the GPU as much as you can while still maintaning your fps lock. Or if you have a VRR display, lock your fps to the lowest number you see, even a little lower, like around 45 in your case, and still enjoy that even framepacing without robbing yourself of too many frames as would be the case with a 30 fps lock.

Last edited:
I'm completely locked at 30fps. CPU and GPU usage both around 40%.
I have new system: AMD Ryzen 5600X, 32GB 3600 CL16, RTX3070 OC and Sammy 980Pro SSD.
No matter if i go low settings full hd or rt ultra 1440p, fps is locked. No v sync, frame limiter in the game or nvidia panel.
I mean i could try the win reinstall as some suggested, but this is the only game having the problem. Right now i have Control and New Dawn installed, both run just fine.
Looking at the other bugs i think i'm better off returning to the game in a month or so or ask for refund, buy it later on sale.

HERE I COME WITH SOME UPDATES I FIXED MY PROBLEM.

But first: I Uninstalled all asus related stuff then i droped down to 30 fps in game no matter what settings.
i was bout to give up then.
Second: i went to recovery options ( even when i was all up to date updates ) and the Hit the Reset this PC, and only removed any apps installed and left all my files untouched( i recommend to move CP2077 to another drive to avoid the removal of the game installatiion "or anyother game") Reinstalled all my gpu drives and Net frameworks and boom game got back to normal with only losing some apps i can reinstall later.

My guess patching from 1.03 to 1.04 did something to windows or made a conflict with asus software that forced me to reinstall windows or repair it completly ( before the reset i had redownloaded the game to 1.04 and at 1.05 had the issue and didnt delete the installation only moved it to another drive and put it back to the original drive. )

Hope this can help out some people.

I'm completely locked at 30fps. CPU and GPU usage both around 40%.
I have new system: AMD Ryzen 5600X, 32GB 3600 CL16, RTX3070 OC and Sammy 980Pro SSD.
No matter if i go low settings full hd or rt ultra 1440p, fps is locked. No v sync, frame limiter in the game or nvidia panel.
I mean i could try the win reinstall as some suggested, but this is the only game having the problem. Right now i have Control and New Dawn installed, both run just fine.
Looking at the other bugs i think i'm better off returning to the game in a month or so or ask for refund, buy it later on sale.

I had the same problem when the game was updated to 1.0.5. I did some research and the fix that worked for me was to update Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool (In-Place Upgrade). After that I get the FPS as 1.0.4 version.

CPU doesn't really care about your screen resolution, it calculates the logic of the game, like where an object should be in each frame, what an NPC or your player character should be doing and what not, but it doesn't calculate pixels on your screen, that's GPU work and GPU starts calculating pixels once the CPU has calculated all the internal logic of the game first. So, yeah, lowering resolution would not help you in this case, in fact it can saturate your CPU even more but not in a direct manner, but rather as a side effect. As I said the GPU starts to calculate each frame the moment the CPU has dealt with all the internal logic and has fed that data to the GPU. When you lower your resolution, it takes way less time for the GPU to render that frame, which in turn results in a way shorter window for the CPU to prepare another frame to send onto the GPU for rendering. So that's kind of a viscious circle.

As for your threadripper, I don't really know what it is capable of, but given that the higher core CPUs tend to have weaker individual cores, then yes, it's pretty much guarantees that your CPU bound in this game as more cores don't always mean more performance, cuz a piece of software has to be capable of actually taking advantage of those cores and games rarely ever use more than 8 cores/threads (to Cyberpunk's merit it is actually one of the few games that can use a lot of cores/threads, there are barely any games out there now that can do that better), so naturally games benefit the most from faster individual core, a.k.a. "single core" performance.

In any case:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16x 3.50 GHz (4.40 GHz) HT- 449 scores around 449 points in Cinebench R20, single core.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8x 3.90 GHz (4.50 GHz), which is a 60+ fps in this game according to Tom's Hardware tests, scores around 509 points in the same test, single core

509 against 449, it's a 13,3% difference, which would mean that you should be roughly around "52" fps where 3800X holds 60, but that's a rough estimate of course.

The best thing you can do right now, in my opinion, is lock your FPS @30 and saturate the GPU as much as you can while still maintaning your fps lock. Or if you have a VRR display, lock your fps to the lowest number you see, even a little lower, like around 45 in your case, and still enjoy that even framepacing without robbing yourself of too many frames as would be the case with a 30 fps lock.

Thanks so so much for going into to detail with this. Im a 3D artist firstly, so still learning all the technical jargon. The machine has 4 x 2080ti's in it hence the threadripper, but I also love gaming. Knowing the threadripper is holding me back is tough as with 4 GPU's its the only option, but work comes first amirite hah.

Its so odd though, all other recent AAA's (Valhalla, Red Dead, Horizon, COD etc) all get me a flat 70+ fps at native, on highs/ultras. So its super weird coming to Cyberpunk where even on the lowest possible config I am still dipping into the 30's in the city (and inside up to the 100's)....the games all over the place it seems. Maybe with some time the devs with optimize it out further.

Either way, thanks so much again! Really interesting.

The best way to get the MOST FPS is by putting everything on ULTRA. At least, for me... It worked!

I have a GTX 1080 and when I turn everything DOWN, my FPS goes from 20 to 40

If I turn everything on ULTRA and 200% sharpness which is like having it on 4k. I get a SOLID 50 FPS.

There is clearly something wrong with the optimising of this game.. I mean how can you get more FPS when you play on 4k rendering with full ultra compared to when you play the game on low settings and it looks like a PS1 game.

Top Bottom