Why access points so unrewarding?

+
Hi.
I know that this is not a hot topic, but just another unfinished/unpolished/cutted mechanic.
So in example we have 2 access points where we can mine data for money and script's materials. Point A require 3 point in Intelligence to connection and point B require 15 points. And from point B you, usually, get the same or even less amount of money/script's materials as from point A. Rarely a bit more. It's just another mechanic that so unfinished that give a bitter taste for whole gameplay.

If you play the game normally(no glitches) i think you end up poorer in end game then you do at start, weapons and cars a re just too expensive compare to how much you earn.

I think you're not shown the minimum requirements at all if you pass the need. Only if you're short the game will tell you.

At least with dialogue I got many times even in the late game options for like 5/6 or 15, according to my stats. I had high Cool and every time a Cool check dialogue option was there, it was showing only my current stat level. Body or some else low one that I didn't meet the reqs showed how much was missing.

Ziffa

Forum regular
If you play the game normally(no glitches) i think you end up poorer in end game then you do at start, weapons and cars a re just too expensive compare to how much you earn.
100%.
Especially if you spend money on leggendary resources to upgrade your weapons.
Total waste of money as the DPS in return is laughable.

Even that, pretty sure clearing everything doesn't give you enough money to buy everything.
Almost like....almost like.....
Almost like we need a NG+
wowowne.jpg

I think you're not shown the minimum requirements at all if you pass the need. Only if you're short the game will tell you.

At least with dialogue I got many times even in the late game options for like 5/6 or 15, according to my stats. I had high Cool and every time a Cool check dialogue option was there, it was showing only my current stat level. Body or some else low one that I didn't meet the reqs showed how much was missing.
I don't think so, because in any place where you get more than 2 this points you can see that they show different numbers. So it doesn't make sense. And anyway i saw points that require at least 12 points in Intelligence to get access to it. And amount of money/script materials in the same range the whole game(if you leveled up skills that increase amount of money/mats from access points) from 1k to 3k, no matter what level you and how much points in Intel you need to get access to the point.

I find the access points fine for a bit of extra Eddie's, I've gotten between 1500-2500 from some high star ones and with a good cyber deck with more buffer slots you can upload all three data mines nearly every time, for a minute long (if even) mini game it's rewarding bevause it does stack up with access points being all over the map. But they could easily be ignored as well, doing side stuff I've never been hurting for money. The quick hack matierals you get from these tho are kinda redundant tho because you end up with so many whenever there's a limited number of quick hacks that you can actually craft (that I have found so far)

I find the access points fine for a bit of extra Eddie's, I've gotten between 1500-2500 from some high star ones and with a good cyber deck with more buffer slots you can upload all three data mines nearly every time, for a minute long (if even) mini game it's rewarding bevause it does stack up with access points being all over the map. But they could easily be ignored as well, doing side stuff I've never been hurting for money. The quick hack matierals you get from these tho are kinda redundant tho because you end up with so many whenever there's a limited number of quick hacks that you can actually craft (that I have found so far)
Different restrictions for access points doesn't make any sense really. I'm not talking about money, more about logic behind this mechanic. You get same/less rewards from more "complicated" points as from less "complicated" points.

I don't think so, because in any place where you get more than 2 this points you can see that they show different numbers. So it doesn't make sense. And anyway i saw points that require at least 12 points in Intelligence to get access to it. And amount of money/script materials in the same range the whole game(if you leveled up skills that increase amount of money/mats from access points) from 1k to 3k, no matter what level you and how much points in Intel you need to get access to the point.
I guess I should test that in action, haven't done high int build yet. Just figured it would act like dialogue options.

I can agree on that higher level requirement should give better rewards or your stat should play a role in making the hacking harder/easier. It's like that probably to just soft lock you out of high lvl areas. Maybe there will be a balance patch for that later on with the big January & February patches.

Would be cool to insta-hack those if your stat is for example +3 or +5 above minimum requirement or you would be given extra rewards weighted against your stat/req.

Top Bottom