Proof that the 6 month montage with Jackie was definitely cut content

+
Just to clarify: I'm not having a go directly at CDP for practices which may or may not be considered inconsiderate by their hard working employees. I'm just stating what is.
If anything you can see the hard work, passion and love the team put into the game. I can see it show through all of the gameplay after my now 87 hours. But by the gods does it look like attention was put on the most random of things sometimes and stuff seems cut.

It feels like ME: Andromeda, or Anthem, where devs had passion for the project and the management staff was/is just downright incompetent. But cause they are the ones in charge nothing can be done about that in complaints, and when there are complaints they are brushed off.

I really do hope CDPR takes a good look at their management staff, and don't mix business and friendship in the choices of who is management staff again. It's their weakest link and no matter what reputation they build up as the CDPR brand its worthless if the staff that make their company so special leave. They can't be replaced contrary to what many awful employers think.

Covid isn't the main issue here, just something that put more stress on an already not great management staff. They seemed to be iterating on way too many basic things in 2018 and 2019 for it to be a covid excuse on the management staffs side.

Guest 4406876

Is that for the nomad path? Because for the street kid the padre interaction makes sense.
you get the same stuff any path you pick. You all become street kids at the same point, and do the same things.
Post automatically merged:

we all know a lot of things didnt make it to the final product, you can look at early gameplay and post they made about what we are going to get vs what we got.
I'd say nothing made it. Well the movie did to some extent.

you get the same stuff any path you pick. You all become street kids at the same point, and do the same things.
Post automatically merged:

I'd say nothing made it. Well the movie did to some extent.
Well as a street kid you do meet Padre before Jackie.

Guest 4406876

Well as a street kid you do meet Padre before Jackie.
Yep, I was referring to the kind of character you play in the end, and after the intros/tutorials (which btw the street kid is the one that has been obviously favoured because V in the end is a street kid).

And another thing that they cut. I remember them saying that in Night City, people speak different languages and that you will need to buy software in order to translate and understand what they are saying. This was removed. The game auto-translates everything. Just another one to add to the list of missing features.

I hope they don't turn into BioWare but I had no idea so many people left after TW3

Its a fact of life that people come and go in any organisation. A healthy, well run organisation can survive this and even thrive in spite of it. Sometimes even because of it since it gives opportunities to new talented people who wouldn't have got the chance to show what they can do otherwise.

The longest I have ever worked in 1 company is 12 years. Between 25 and 30 people, which is sort of like the max capacity at the office. At various times the place was a revolving door of staff and by the end, there were only 4 people still working there from when I first started. Recalling this makes me feel old.

Last edited:
And another thing that they cut. I remember them saying that in Night City, people speak different languages and that you will need to buy software in order to translate and understand what they are saying. This was removed. The game auto-translates everything. Just another one to add to the list of missing features.

I think spending 40k eddies on a universal translator only to find out none of the conversations matter or have a point would've been a worse design decision. It's like paying for 10 more stock lines from random NPCs. Useless.

Sure some bad guys speak french or russian or japanese, but I think even without understanding what they say its rather clear. Literally all of it is: "Man with gun angry. Man with gun kill player."

Guest 4406876

I think spending 40k eddies on a universal translator only to find out none of the conversations matter or have a point would've been a worse design decision. It's like paying for 10 more stock lines from random NPCs. Useless.

Sure some bad guys speak french or russian or japanese, but I think even without understanding what they say its rather clear. Literally all of it is: "Man with gun angry. Man with gun kill player."
The game only translate when it's scripted to do so. And not all the time.
Having a real time translator would require a working system, and this game has none.

Nah guys, it's fine. They made the disclaimer that everything was subject to change, which gives them free reign to advertise anything and make dev statements about what will absolutely be in the final product, but then not deliver it.

The more I played, the more disappointed I became with CP2077
Hmm... I think the bugs really tarnish the game and a lot of people can't experience the game in all its glory. It definitely needs work. I feel like they needed to release this mid 2021 with added content (like hair salons etc). They announced this game way too early. When Covid hit they should've said TBA because honestly I think a lot of ppl are forgetting devs worked on this game from home for a good chunk of it.

The game only translate when it's scripted to do so. And not all the time.
Having a real time translator would require a working system, and this game has none.

One of the tool tips during the loading screen says that you need to buy an implant to be able to translate languages. Just another indication this game was rushed last minute and a whole bunch of content was cut with no time left to make sure it all was removed clean.

TO his point i believe the OG Witcher 3 develop team is long gone, either changed job or anything, CDPR just borrowed the fame they got from W3 and milked the profit.

What Profit? Stock is in free fall, Sony pulled the game off the story. Refunds all over the place, Lawsuits are discussed openly, So far this cost them one billion already. If someone is milking the profit it sure as hell isn't CDPR

LEGIT, I think we should at least have 6-10 hour more content adventure with Jackie alone in the actual "prologue" act or should I say the missing Act 1 for each life paths. The fact that the game only have 2 Major Acts is simply weird af imo.

Also, personally a 5-6 months gap (montage) in story perspective that suddenly a nomad/streetkid (stranger) V all buddy-buddy with Jackie just doesn't cut it imo. I would think it could at least take a year or so instead. Very unfortunate that CDPR had to cater to the least common denominator of making the main story shorter.

Idk, maybe CDPR could "fix" this via DLCs (memories with Jackie missions) or story expansions or something. Jackie deserved more imo.
It wasn't about them catering to the least common denominator. They literally scrapped the development of V (and your background choices) in favor of the Johnny Silverhand story focus. Keanu didn't sign on to the game until 2018 and JS wasn't mentioned or visible prior to that. It's OK that they made the game focus on Silverhand, it allowed them to ship the game. But they cut many RPG features and almost all "open world" game features. Someone at some point decided the game needed to focus on one thing -- the central story -- likely because they underestimated how much it would cost to develop everything they initially wanted to have in the game. In the end, it really shows how you shouldn't market a game or any product really (overpromise and underdeliver).

It wasn't about them catering to the least common denominator. They literally scrapped the development of V (and your background choices) in favor of the Johnny Silverhand story focus. Keanu didn't sign on to the game until 2018 and JS wasn't mentioned or visible prior to that. It's OK that they made the game focus on Silverhand, it allowed them to ship the game. But they cut many RPG features and almost all "open world" game features. Someone at some point decided the game needed to focus on one thing -- the central story -- likely because they underestimated how much it would cost to develop everything they initially wanted to have in the game. In the end, it really shows how you shouldn't market a game or any product really (overpromise and underdeliver).
Yup, pretty much... I'd even go so far as to say: Silverhand was never supposed to be in the game "in person", period... at most, he was a childhood hero of V, and maybe there once was a sidequest around the whole biochip story, but I doubt it was much more then that. The game's focus was always supposed to be V's rise to fame in Night City, nothing more, nothing less... and, sorry but, that's the game I wanted to play, honestly.

Top Bottom