About the Ps5 and Xbox Series X Versions (Re-release)

+
It is true that I have refunded my Ps4 Disk Version to Amazon (Full Refund) and I am also awaiting the refund for GOG PC version.

However.

That does not mean that I'm giving up on the game. This game has a lot of potential and MAYBE the re-release for Next Gen consoles could be its saving grace.

My suggestion for devs would be to take their time with the version of the game on Ps5 and XboxSX. (Screw the upper management, they already messed up big)

Iron out things like:

- Water physics
- Bullet hole physics
- AI (Driver, enemy etc.)
- Police and Crime system
- The RPG elements such as lifepaths ( The game is still advertised as an RPG on GOG and all over the internet)
- The prologue montage that looks like it could actually be a series of missions for Corpo, street kid and nomad V to learn about various characters and to get to know the city before major stuff happens with Johnny.
- and other things that the game is desperately needing.

This Re-release could ALSO be a chance to vastly improve the game on PC, since it would no longer be dragged by the 8 year old hardware of Ps4 and XboxOne. (Could be a free update for PC users to the Next Gen version)

This would be especially helpful after PlayStation removed the game from PSN store due to its problems and outrageous amounts of refunds requested.

I think that good Re-release of the game with fixed bugs, glitches and added content would help restore the reputation that CDProjectRed had before December 10th.

Let me know yall opinion and list the improvement you would like to see in Next Gen Release of Cyberpunk2077.

Last edited:
I installed the game on the day I received my PS5, and while it installed from disc and then patched (4 hours) my kids played Astro's Playroom, completing 25% of the game and racking up numerous trophies.

Once Cyberpunk was ready to play, it crashed during character creation and locked up so hard that we had to do a factory reset. Astro and all our progress were gone, so we downloaded Astro again and we couldn't even play that. Reinstalled Cyberpunk and it crashed as soon as both Vs came up in the character creator. Another factory reset.

Now the PS5 gets stuck in a startup loop that lasts about 5 minutes before we finally get a menu screen, Astro won't play at all, and we're frankly afraid of trying to reinstall Cyberpunk again.

So what do you think--is Cyberpunk 2077 basically a virus that fried my PS5, or was the machine bad from the start? I'm about to contact Sony to see what they think.

I installed the game on the day I received my PS5, and while it installed from disc and then patched (4 hours) my kids played Astro's Playroom, completing 25% of the game and racking up numerous trophies.

Once Cyberpunk was ready to play, it crashed during character creation and locked up so hard that we had to do a factory reset. Astro and all our progress were gone, so we downloaded Astro again and we couldn't even play that. Reinstalled Cyberpunk and it crashed as soon as both Vs came up in the character creator. Another factory reset.

Now the PS5 gets stuck in a startup loop that lasts about 5 minutes before we finally get a menu screen, Astro won't play at all, and we're frankly afraid of trying to reinstall Cyberpunk again.

So what do you think--is Cyberpunk 2077 basically a virus that fried my PS5, or was the machine bad from the start? I'm about to contact Sony to see what they think.
Sounds to me like you have a faulty Ps5. I played CP2077 on mine and it did crash like 20 times but didn't affect the console in any negative way. Get in touch with Sony and get a replacement

You do realize that the things you're asking for would likely take a year or two of hard, all-hands-on-deck development right?
Adding hours of new story content, for example, is not a 4-6 month endeavor, and it's not going to happen.

There aren't going to be any changes to the main story, full stop. That's done. What you see is what you get on that front. The changes, if there end up being any, are likely going to be things such as AI revamps/tweaks (MAYBE, although I highly doubt it), additional things such as barbers, tattooists, surgeons, possibly some activities outside of mission, mini-games, tweaks to combat and UI overhauls.

I genuinely feel like a lot of people on here don't actually know anything about game development, and think it's as simple as just plugging shit in. Like, I'm sorry, but a year from now if CDPR did turn the game around, it's still going to essentially be the same game, just with slight improvements and relatively minor additions.

The game is too expensively produced to do a Witcher 2 level enhanced edition, at least, not in the span of months, again, maybe a year or two, but I don't see CDPR dedicating development towards the base game for that long.

Adjust your expectations, seriously. The game is what it is, and it's not going to be much more than that, just possibly in better shape, a bit more fleshed out and balanced. There aren't going to be additional choices added to the story or branching quests, that's too simply too much to expect at this juncture, especially considering where CDPR currently is and how morale probably is there right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a strike or even mass exodus from the company at this point.

I sure hope CP2077 isn't responsible.

All things considered, you're the only one I've seen here or anywhere else to whom CP2077 caused any issue outside of the game itself.

I'm guessing faulty console myself. They're rare but it happens.

You do realize that the things you're asking for would likely take a year or two of hard, all-hands-on-deck development right?
Adding hours of new story content, for example, is not a 4-6 month endeavor, and it's not going to happen.

There aren't going to be any changes to the main story, full stop. That's done. What you see is what you get on that front. The changes, if there end up being any, are likely going to be things such as AI revamps/tweaks (MAYBE, although I highly doubt it), additional things such as barbers, tattooists, surgeons, possibly some activities outside of mission, mini-games, tweaks to combat and UI overhauls.

I genuinely feel like a lot of people on here don't actually know anything about game development, and think it's as simple as just plugging shit in. Like, I'm sorry, but a year from now if CDPR did turn the game around, it's still going to essentially be the same game, just with slight improvements and relatively minor additions.

The game is too expensively produced to do a Witcher 2 level enhanced edition, at least, not in the span of months, again, maybe a year or two, but I don't see CDPR dedicating development towards the base game for that long.

Adjust your expectations, seriously. The game is what it is, and it's not going to be much more than that, just possibly in better shape, a bit more fleshed out and balanced. There aren't going to be additional choices added to the story or branching quests, that's too simply too much to expect at this juncture, especially considering where CDPR currently is and how morale probably is there right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a strike or even mass exodus from the company at this point.
That's why i said to take their time... If it takes 2 years to release ps5 and Xbox series X versions then so be it. There are plenty of other, better games to play meanwhile.

Top Bottom