Romances are obviously designed by developers' prejudices and stereotypes!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I din't mind NPCs having sexual preferences. It is realistic. But there are no valid bisexual characters in the game, and the only gay option is lackluster.
Post automatically merged:

Meredith should have been flashed out more, and Mateo could have been a perfect choice for a male bi romance.
Coulda'... shoulda'... this game could have done SO much, alas it didn't.

They shouldn't make everyone bi because that would take away the uniqueness of each character..but they should add more people to romance..possibly every main character in the game..give us some options and make the romance keep going throughout the game and add more sexy times with them..not one and done and bring back the ordering a one stand to come back to your apartment..I get this isn't a romantic simulator but its an rpg and dragon age inquisition which is an old ass game now gave the game romance and it added to the game..ac valhalla even does a better job than this dumpster fire..I can actually hangout with my woman on that game

Why should we be able to romance all of those npcs ?
Why all of them should be bisexual ? I don't understand. It seems logic to me that some of them won't accept you because they're not attracted to you... Because you're just not their type.
I don't expect every major npc to be f*-able lol

That being said, I never asked myself about their sexual orientation either... I didn't even know Judy was a lesbian until I read about it somewhere online. It didn't stroke me, I didn't guess it just by looking at her and by looking at her clothing style so I wasn't bothered by that.

I never thought "wow that's a pretty bad vision of how lesbian/gay people actually look like/are... "
Especially in the Cyberpunk universe.

Obviously most of you have felt something regarding the characters in the game. I believe the meta-dialogue around this topic raises the main question :
Is the writing good ? Do you feel a connection that makes you feel involved with a cathartic experience ? What are your expectations regarding a video game ?
When it comes to frustration, even though it is a game, it is up to the authors to decide. It is not a service we are buying, it is a creation. Most likely CDPR creative teams already discussed those questions with people from different background and decided to make us play the game that way.

Another example is TLOU2. While i may not relate sexually to some characters, it took me through a journey that goes way beyond my personal tastes. Then again, the writing makes all the difference.

Obviously most of you have felt something regarding the characters in the game. I believe the meta-dialogue around this topic raises the main question :
Is the writing good ? Do you feel a connection that makes you feel involved with a cathartic experience ? What are your expectations regarding a video game ?
When it comes to frustration, even though it is a game, it is up to the authors to decide. It is not a service we are buying, it is a creation. Most likely CDPR creative teams already discussed those questions with people from different background and decided to make us play the game that way.

Another example is TLOU2. While i may not relate sexually to some characters, it took me through a journey that goes way beyond my personal tastes. Then again, the writing makes all the difference.
Well in that case I would argue that Kerry's writing is bad from start to end.

i mean, i am not really fond of kerry myself,
but does it really mean that the writing is prejudicial just because that one character doesn't fit into my taste pallet? game allows you to have other meaningful relationships, like supporting mitch or helping out judy. is it really necessary to turn every other character into ditto just because you didn't find someone in night city to sleep with (while litteraly dying)?
isn't it cool to have a lot of genuinely nice friends?

don't get me wrong, if they'll add someone new, i'd be more than happy to give him a spin,
but i can't really see how throwing out characters sexuality is an adequate solution just because "it's a game" and apparently realistic representation in character writing doesn't count

Last edited:
Kerry isn't really a stereotypical homosexual apart from his fashion sense though... Have you actually finished his side job? He's just a dude that likes to fuck dudes.

Because people's tastes must be respected. Not everyone is gay or bisexual. And not everyone uses logic and coherence as a way of life.

I am glad that some of you just proved my point without even being aware of it.
It's also hilarious that you all using arguments like "this is just a game" and then "it's the same in real life". Not even realizing how contradictory that is.

The whole point of my post was - THIS IS THE GAME, SO GIVE PLAYERS MORE THAN ONE CHOICE!
Stop defining people by stereotypes and let them enjoy the game the way they want.

Male player, for example, still can have a full "romance" quest with River and other characters. River, for example, is the one who actually sending signals by saying something like "seems like they like you too" or he jumps off the table when his sister starts asking your character about relationship.... and even you get a kissing option...
The whole romance thing is not properly developed. If he is not romanceable those dialogue options should not exist in a first place! The whole quest is just a waste of time.

When I said it kills the fun, I meant it kills the fun for that part of the game. I wouldn't mind if there are no romances at all, but if they are already there, they should be done properly and players should have more realistic choices.
BECAUSE THE WHOLE POINT OF RPG GAME IS TO HAVE DIFFERENT CHOICES!

But, go ahead, continue taking things out of the contest, and defend your own prejudices as well.
Maybe I really do "need a therapy" as some of you said, but that's OK, what is important is that you'll don't need one.(y);)

I am glad that some of you just proved my point without even being aware of it.
It's also hilarious that you all using arguments like "this is just a game" and then "it's the same in real life". Not even realizing how contradictory that is.

The whole point of my post was - THIS IS THE GAME, SO GIVE PLAYERS MORE THAN ONE CHOICE!
Stop defining people by stereotypes and let them enjoy the game the way they want.

Male player, for example, still can have a full "romance" quest with River and other characters. River, for example, is the one who actually sending signals by saying something like "seems like they like you too" or he jumps off the table when his sister starts asking your character about relationship.... and even you get a kissing option...
The whole romance thing is not properly developed. If he is not romanceable those dialogue options should not exist in a first place! The whole quest is just a waste of time.

When I said it kills the fun, I meant it kills the fun for that part of the game. I wouldn't mind if there are no romances at all, but if they are already there, they should be done properly and players should have more realistic choices.
BECAUSE THE WHOLE POINT OF RPG GAME IS TO HAVE DIFFERENT CHOICES!

But, go ahead, continue taking things out of the contest, and defend your own prejudices as well.
Maybe I really do "need a therapy" as some of you said, but that's OK, what is important is that you'll don't need one.(y);)

Chill brother.
He likes women. The end.
If you're frustrated, imagine me, a male hetero V, doing this fucking mission.
You can clearly see this was designed for the female V, like you said, 'sending signals'. I can see how you would believe he was romanceable, I'm actually surprised how he's NOT a gay romance option.
But hey, take what you can get. Freaking Kerry lmaoooo.

Chill brother.
He likes women. The end.
If you're frustrated, imagine me, a male hetero V, doing this fucking mission.
You can clearly see this was designed for the female V, like you said, 'sending signals'. I can see how you would believe he was romanceable, I'm actually surprised how he's NOT a gay romance option.
But hey, take what you can get. Freaking Kerry lmaoooo.

Again, the point is having choices.
I actually don't care much about game romances. They are mostly terribly made in most games anyways and they don't really have any importance for the story....
So, in this game I won't "romance" any character at all.... regardless if that is Panam or other stereotypical "chick" Kerry.
Dude, they couldn't even give him a proper male name, I mean seriously?! :shrug:
I'm guessing developers believe that's what is attractive to gamers? I dunno....

This is RPG game - give people more than 1 choice.
That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom