[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Okay, then i got an idea. Use the "Johny-friendship-meter" to define, will V get 6 months problem, or not. High meter value will mean that V and Johny is on good terms and Relic will not destroy his body, thus saving V from death in 6 months. You would need to choose dialog options right and do all Johny quests but at least it would be logical game-wise
There was mechanic of this procents i think, and was other endings, but it was deleted a ling time ago because mb they thought that game will be so long, more then witcher and not all players are ready to play so long plot game

I feel like people are delusional if they expect cdpr to change endings, cut dialogue, etc. Has that happened before?

They could add a mid-story dlc which includes a new ending but that invalidates the base game a lot. If it's a post-game dlc (which it should be) they will make it so the expac has the same beginning for all 3 endings, OR they make one canon ending.

It would be such a fuck you to V if they made a Jackie or some new character dlc
It actually did in witcher 2.

again fine for you. We don´t want to take anything away from you, we just want to enjoy the game as well, but in it´s current state, for most people in this thread there is nothing. nothing to work for, nothing to gain by playing, zero replayability! I don´t understand why you hate the idea of giving us something to enjoy the game too, especially since it wouldn´t hurt your experience one single bit. but some people tend to be egotistical, not wanting others to have any kind of joy.
I'm really fine with the idea of adding the good enging to existing list. CD could make it hard to obtain, but that would be good — happiness is sweeter when paid in sweat

I feel like people are delusional if they expect cdpr to change endings, cut dialogue, etc. Has that happened before?

They could add a mid-story dlc which includes a new ending but that invalidates the base game a lot. If it's a post-game dlc (which it should be) they will make it so the expac has the same beginning for all 3 endings, OR they make one canon ending.

It would be such a fuck you to V if they made a Jackie or some new character dlc

There have been many suggestions in this thread how to tie every ending into an extension centered around AI's and the blackwall.

That way nothing has to be deleted.

Or as I suggested earlier you patch in one last super secret, hard to get happy ending and claim it was always there. Clock ist ticking for that though.

There was mechanic of this procents i think, and was other endings, but it was deleted a ling time ago because mb they thought that game will be so long, more then witcher and not all players are ready to play so long plot game
I suspect that 6th empty section in attributes screen was Empathy, which was promised but then deleted for reasons unknown.

It actually did in witcher 2.
That's interesting, didnt know. So how many endings did witcher 2 have and did they change because people were pissed or the game in general was incomplete? I heard witcher 2 also had a bad launch.

I don't think any of us really want them to change the endings, they already are how they are, we have to deal with it, but they still can expand the story after the ending in DLC, I wouldn't ever want to play DLC's added mid game to fix these endings

I'm really fine with the idea of adding the good enging to existing list. CD could make it hard to obtain, but that would be good — happiness is sweeter when paid in sweat
Yup, give us ACTUAL secret ending, but comes an issue again, with DLC. They have to wrap up endings in some way where V lives. Because giving mid game dlc without altering the endings is plain stupid, already rushing to save yourself and just out of nowhere do more random missions.
Post game needs V to be alive, since giving some another random character would make any customization or anything that you achieved during game pointless.
Prequel? Well that would just be sad as hell, knowing where it all leads.

They either need to choose a canon ending or tie them up in a way where V lives, maybe as engram or not.

I don't understand how mid-game DLC that adds another ending would invalidate the other endings. Because it wouldn't get rid of the other endings just add a new one. So people who want one of the endings we have now can have that but CDPR would also add replayability with the addition of a new different ending.

That's interesting, didnt know. So how many endings did witcher 2 have and did they change because people were pissed or the game in general was incomplete? I heard witcher 2 also had a bad launch.
I don't know the specifics as I didn't play the W2 on launch, but they changed parts and expanded on the endings as people felt it lackluster, same goes for the Triss romance.

Yup, give us ACTUAL secret ending, but comes an issue again, with DLC. They have to wrap up endings in some way where V lives. Because giving mid game dlc without altering the endings is plain stupid, already rushing to save yourself and just out of nowhere do more random missions.
Post game needs V to be alive, since giving some another random character would make any customization or anything that you achieved during game pointless.
Prequel? Well that would just be sad as hell, knowing where it all leads.

They either need to choose a canon ending or tie them up in a way where V lives, maybe as engram or not.
Yup, I can't see playing another character in an RPG video game, this isn't gta. And it would essentially make a lot of side quests/gigs useless in NC if you don't play as V

True and thanks, you´re ok ;)
Thanks. I would, though, some sacrifices in order to gain a good enging. Probably, in terms of personal gain for V — give up, i don't know, all Johny's loot, fight him at every step, do not let him get anything from you and, in the end, destroy his engram for good.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, I feel bery passionate towards this game and to be honest, I hate that at this point lol
When we speak about fiction and art, hate is way better than no emotions at all)

I don't understand how mid-game DLC that adds another ending would invalidate the other endings. Because it wouldn't get rid of the other endings just add a new one. So people who want one of the endings we have now can have that but CDPR would also add replayability with the addition of a new different ending.
Forcing us to buy a mid-game dlc to see a new ending, so we can actually continue past the elevator is scummy. So yes it does invalidate the base game. Also, because during the whole game we barely have time, it would feel out of context.

But hey, I'll take it if it allows us to continue V's story, I'd just prefer a post-game dlc.

Top Bottom