Save files are corrupted

+
On Ps4, all of my files are at 12.56mb for some reason. Even the early ones at 20 hours into the game. My files are not corrupted, unless I'm looking at the wrong numbers. How do I ensure that I don't get corrupt files? And why are my 12mb files not corrupted. Not complaining, just curious.

On Ps4, all of my files are at 12.56mb for some reason. Even the early ones at 20 hours into the game. My files are not corrupted, unless I'm looking at the wrong numbers. How do I ensure that I don't get corrupt files? And why are my 12mb files not corrupted. Not complaining, just curious.
Read the thread. On PS4 save is aways 12MB because full size is allocated from start (8MB save and 4MB profile).
Point is what will happen when you hit 8MB save data wall.

It's believed this is allocated space and not the actual size of the save file. Bad news is I'm not aware of anyway to see the true save file size on PlayStation. Good news is there is yet to be a console player who could prove their corrupted save file hit the 8.192MB limit or had a working save file larger than that.

an hour ago i've downloaded a 29MB update form GOG but i don't know if it was because of the verify/repair that i've started

Up until now we believe PS files have a pre-allocation instead of showing the actual usage. There have been people on this thread that they knew people that had way bigger save files, but they didn't provide proof.

Most platforms do have their own tests for acceptance, I simply don't know which they are. So, maybe? We haven't seen any proof to make it seem that way, neither have we really seen any proof to not make it seem that way. All we have seen is the 12MB files. No less, no more.

My primary suggestion as to why Playstation players haven't spoken about it, or haven't encountered it yet, is prooobably because the group of people on the Playstation that can actually fully play the game is probably smaller compared to the PC group. Besides that I don't know what the usual number of console players on forums is either.

Either way; Everything is possible. So if you can point to the article and if other people can show screenshots of data suggesting save files work differently, then sure. I'm all for it :D

O oh, my boi UEG is p*ssed now...
kkk i was about to post the same video , just watching the vid now, Im glad that people can see that, and not blindly defending everything, dont get me wrong i love the game even with the bugs, i wish that CDPR will fix everythint with time, but this kind of answer is pushing the good will of people to another lvl.

The dismantle part is indeed interesting. Sounds like there might be a difference how the game handles selling & waiting compared to dismantling items. Maybe due to the fact that that sold items are recoverable for some time, compared to dismantling which permanently destroys item without a chance to "buy them back".

As your second test suggests it might be also worth to "normalize" the save by waiting 24+ hours and creating new save before doing any tests as there might be some previous data that will be deleted due to waiting.
I think it was mentioned in an earlier post that selling items to the "drop box" and not vendors helps mitigate the issue. I would guess this is for the same reason. Selling to a Vendor keeps it in your save incase you want to buy it back. Selling to the drop box releases it forever.

So. From what I've gathered right now:

- Weapons with a random modifier: 60KB per 250 crafted and dismantled
- Armor with no random modifier: 60KB per 250 crafted and dismantled
- Grenades (common): 33KB per 250 crafted and dismantled 1 by 1
- Grenades (common): 58KB per 250 crafted and dismantled in stack (remember: 50 craft -> 50 dismantle -> 50 craft ->etc)

EDIT:
Weapons and armor had: (Craft 50 -> disassemble 50 -> run 5 times -> save) * 4 . Total of 1000 crafted every single one ended with 60KB bloat
Grenades had: (Craft 50 -> disassemble 50 (1 by 1) -> run 5 times -> save) * 2. Total of 500 crafted and both ended with a bloat of 30KB
Grenades 2 had: (craft 50 -> disassemble 50 (all at once) -> run 5 times -> save) *2. Total of 500 crafted and both ended with pretty much the same. (57 and 60)

So. I may test a little bit more on the useable items. I've kept one result out, which was a test with purple grenades 250 crafted , dismantled one by one that took up 68KB. I am not sure why that was and I haven't tried replicating it yet either.

All in all I think crafting armor and weapons is going to bloat the save file by pretty much the same size. Useables seem to use less but if you're disassembling in stacks it doesn't matter that much. Might even try to craft 250 at once and see if bloating goes faster when you disassemble a bigger stack at once.

Last edited:
CDPR now killed the last remain truest in me towards them.
This Answer clearly shows they don't care about you.
They don't care about what people want.
Their Game Design Failed and caused the Biggest Controversy of the decade.
They wasted 100 million Dollars on a big open game world for having a game with limited gameplay times.
Their Lead Producer and Game Designer clearly don't care about creating games. They just care bout create advertisement material for Bertaying Gamers.
This is Cyberpunk the Future of video gaming.

1608589389819.png

Post automatically merged:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I DELETED the game CDP said not play it

Last edited:
Could you try adding other (various) items as well and perform additional tests? Also, please report all information you have to CDPR.

I'm not good enough with cheatengine to do much more than add money and things, but here are some test results:

Upgrading Phallustiff 27 times: 5.051 mb > 5.051 mb
Making 25 Katanas (variable stat roll): 5.051 mb > 5.058 mb (or ~60 kb/250 as FlorettaV calcs above)
Dismantle 25 katanas (no waiting after): 5.058 mb > 5.056 mb
Walk 100 m up the street and clear one of the stick-symbol crime spots, loot purple items and the quest spot: 5.056 mb > 5.060 mb

Good part is, feel free to endlessly upgrade stuff, that doesn't add anything! Make any new ones to get the stats for your level and enjoy file bloat! Do note, the upgrade cost scales +1 legendary upgrade component piece per upgrade, so go figure how to farm those after the first 1-2 levels, without crafting, in lieu of crafting replacement guns...

All this took place in ~15 mins, the gig part itself ~5 min, but lets be extremely generous and say its 15 minutes w/ travel times on average to raise the file by 0.004 mb. just running around looting, exploring, doing quests, etc:

8.192 mb/0.016 mb per hour = 512 hrs worth of stuff to explore before things hit the limit. That seems well beyond what most people will do, but this is assuming a flat, steady increase of 0.004 per "gig," and no other factors increasing the save. Furthermore, my 0.004 came from a random event in open air near the northwest of the city center island, does that rate hold true for storming a miltech base with multiple levels in the badlands (re: Duskguy's post below)?

Regardless, such a finite limit, in such an enormous game, seems.. off..

Last edited:
Just an update from my play from last night (which is now 9ish pages ago) regarding normal game play and file size increase. That is, how much the game seems to grow through normal play and why (theory). Which doesn't leave much room for people to 100% complete, if at all (depending on bloat from other factors such as crafting, dismantling and item drops).

Summary: I started Act 2. From there, without progressing the Main story (talk to takamora), went to delemain and did his quest. The file jumped in size from the act 1 final mission to act 2 by about 100kb. Then, doing delemain's quest, that file size.

During "the Heist" = 2119kb
Act 2 apartment = 2271kb
Epistrophy finish (delemain quest) = 2997kb

Yes, it has been stated, playing the game increases the save file size. There is no refuting that.
However, I mentioned before, I think that "discovering" each new location adds a chunk to the save file. Simply noting the before and after doing a single quest, that takes you through each new area.

As you can see with the next saves, which were made in previously discovered locations, the file size does not increase much simply by completing a quest. Though there is a change in file size based on the location, I think.

1- Finished quest "heroes" (Jackie) - Manual save outside the bar = 3063kb

Then, I fast traveled and saved in the apartment:

2- Finished "Heroes" (Jackie) = 3051kb

So, while driving around for delemain, I "discovered" new locations for the first time. Doing so jumped the save file massively. Now, some might point to the quest completion doing that on its own, but completing the following quest sort of invalidates that. Having completed a quest inside of an area that is no longer "new", the save file changed by only about 60kb (depending on location). This quest is one of the more "main stream" side quests rather than a true side quest (gig, ncpd, etc) so perhaps that affects the file size more than some of the smaller side quests such as "kill enemy A", which I've noticed while playing through act 1 only affected the save file marginally. This lines up roughly with how much the file increased when completing the act 1 quest, which was a true "main" quest.

Attached is the map of watson showing that while I've done a number of side quests there (mostly ncpd), I've not cleared them out completely. This was all done in act 1, which brought my game to 2mb prior to "The heist".

ALSO, do note, that I pick up EVERYTHING. So considering I picked up every item not nailed down through the end of act 1 mission, the file only increased ~100kb. Whereas each "new" location I "discovered" added ~50kb-100kb (Based on 7 major areas with subsections in them increasing the file by ~700kb: Watson, Westbrook, Badlands, Santo Domingo, Pacifica, Heywood and City Center)

In conclusion, through normal play, it appears you are going to see jumps in file size because of Main story quests, "main" side quests and "discovering" new locations for the first time. Besides those, the file more or less stabilizes. Which lines up to FlorettaV's save file size (6ish mb?). However, that's with minimal crafting and no exploits iirc.

This information doesn't pertain to somehow being able to craft to your heart's content without bloating the game, but figured it would be useful to someone worried about their game file size.

Attachments

• CP2077.jpg
    CP2077.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 91
Could this be? Because I'm guessing they would have already communicated something before putting a test patch on Steam?

It's their internal QA branch. The fact the build number has increased means they have a new build that they are internally testing. Once this has passed QA on their end(I would assume in the next day or so) they will deploy it to GOG and Steam and we will be issued with a patch note.

I work in Software QA so from what i'm seeing it's strong evidence they have a patch/hotfix coming. We'll have to wait and see however to see what the fix actually is.

Will selling off inventory items reduce the save game size or is the save game stuck with the data even after reducing the inventory? Some Bethesda games had this issue. Mod makers came out with tools to reduce the save game file.

Top Bottom