Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Regarding Dum Dum's disappearance, CDPR support is investigating the issue:
This works great! Thank you 😀

Didn't have to install 1.04. Just go to All Foods station and call Nancy from there. That's all.
No need to go into All Foods or anything. Just go to the station before calling Nancy.

PS: If you need directions to All Foods, there is map here:

I found a way at the CDPR Support. You need to load a save in the mission Holdin' On before calling Nancy. Then go out the house and fast travel to All Foods (Plant). There you call Nancy and continue the mission. Now it should work. For me it worked at the first time after doing that.

This worked for me as well, first try. Thank you for the work around!.

Yikes...guess I should have payed more attention to the reported bugs. I'm sitting at 80hrs in and no save available before I called Nancy. It does not pay to drive and explore the city in Act 3. lol. As much as I love this game, this one hurts pretty bad - my first quest breaking bug and damn it if it isn't a good quest chain too.

I also can't use the workaround because I don't have a save from before I called Nancy. If this isn't patched 60 hours of gameplay will have been flushed right down the drain because my most recent viable autosave is 5 hours old. If it comes to that I'll just get a refund, this is ridiculous.

At least a response would be much appreciated from the company, I hope they are not just chalking this up to a January update, keeping many people with tens of hours of gameplay, all hyped up for the game, stuck meaninglessly on a major quest line. I also hit the cyberpsycho bug, but that one I could just let go being a peripheral quest line and all.

Johnny Silverhand, top paid actor, and the definitive part of your story, his quest line is broken and what complete and utter silence with just a bullshit solution going round and round over the net?

Is cdpr honestly trying to alienate those who stuck with the game and played it, enjoying despite all the negativity??

sigh... I'm also stuck now and going back to a save 10 hours of play time back is NOT a workaround. I hope this gets patched soon!

I'm also affected by this bug. Played a lot during the weekend, and after realizing the mission is stuck I did a LOT of side gigs and others while waiting for a fix. Now I find out the "workaround" is losing 10-20 hours of game progress? Really? On one of the most important parts of the game?
I'm worried that this won't even be fixed for those of us who already started the mission, and that this playthrough is already compromised. Please prove me wrong.

I'm also affected by this bug. Played a lot during the weekend, and after realizing the mission is stuck I did a LOT of side gigs and others while waiting for a fix. Now I find out the "workaround" is losing 10-20 hours of game progress? Really? On one of the most important parts of the game?
I'm worried that this won't even be fixed for those of us who already started the mission, and that this playthrough is already compromised. Please prove me wrong.
I was worried about the same thing as well hope they fix it asap

I also can't use the workaround because I don't have a save from before I called Nancy. If this isn't patched 60 hours of gameplay will have been flushed right down the drain because my most recent viable autosave is 5 hours old. If it comes to that I'll just get a refund, this is ridiculous.
Same, this might just be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

In the quest Second Conflict, I've just arrived at Totentanz before a locked door with 3 Fanatics. The one squatting on the left starts a line, is cut off halfway through, then after a pause V responds with a line threatening someone for saying some name completely unrelated to whatever this Fanatic said. Johnny then pops in and says he recognizes this guy and my quest changes to "Talk to Dum Dum."

My assumption here is Dum Dum is missing entirely from this spot and I'm missing his lines. This is preventing me from moving through the door.

Attachments

• 20201222030011_1.jpg
    20201222030011_1.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 71
Yes, it's a known problem. Johnny even says something like "I recognize this guy. Do we know him?", but 'this guy' isn't there. (At least not on our side of the door, that is).
Some suspect that this bug might occur if you didn't kill him and Royce AND freed Brick during the flathead pick up mission.

Hey is anyone experiencing my variant of the bug?

I could talk with Dum Dum and get in the room etc, but Nancy dissapeared on the way to the elevator, no enemies appeared, i got in and left and the marker is still on the elevator entrance with "Leave the Totentanz"

Now Nancy is nowhere to be seen and nothing i do makes the game register me leaving.

As it seems after patch 1.05 the quest does not trigger the conversation with Dum Dum and you can't progress further, rather annoying for the completionist in me.
Have no idea how many people seen the problem though I do find Videos on the matter with no way to fix, and downgrading to 1.04 does not help as the Saves are from new ver.

Any idea if this thing can be fixed before the next patch?

Top Bottom