[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
That what happens when you listen to promises made and words spoken before the release. Personally i'm trying to remain deaf and blind and judge the game itself without any prejustices and expectations. That said, you have the point — CP77 is, indeed, a step down in comparison with W3.
Oh, I was doing the same. I played Witcher 3, loved it and saw the original teaser trailer for Cyberpunk back then. I avoided everything as much as I could. I never watched the gameplay, I never saw Night City Wire, etc. Because I know things get overhyped easily, but overhype is not the only reason why Cyberpunk has so many problems. I loved my 2 playthroughs of Cyberpunk. Both were so much fun, I completed them on PS4, ignoring the bugs and crashes. And that's why the missing impact of choices and the "7" endings burn so much more.
The game has really good and round characters. The world feels very atmospheric. The character-related sidequests let you discover certain aspects of this world in more depths (for example Rivers questline is about the law, corruption, justice. Judy is about loss and revenge.). And then the short main story, who pushed you to ignore sidestuff because you need to hurry, V is dying, breaks your immersion by loading a save before the point of no return, stopping the whole fun you had just doing the sidecontent. Great. In my opinion, and I've said that before, the game would have been better with more of these sidequests and no main story at all.

Oh, I was doing the same. I played Witcher 3, loved it and saw the original teaser trailer for Cyberpunk back then. I avoided everything as much as I could. I never watched the gameplay, I never saw Night City Wire, etc. Because I know things get overhyped easily, but overhype is not the only reason why Cyberpunk has so many problems. I loved my 2 playthroughs of Cyberpunk. Both were so much fun, I completed them on PS4, ignoring the bugs and crashes. And that's why the missing impact of choices and the "7" endings burn so much more.
The game has really good and round characters. The world feels very atmospheric. The character-related sidequests let you discover certain aspects of this world in more depths (for example Rivers questline is about the law, corruption, justice. Judy is about loss and revenge.). And then the short main story, who pushed you to ignore sidestuff because you need to hurry, V is dying, breaks your immersion by loading a save before the point of no return, stopping the whole fun you had just doing the sidecontent. Great. In my opinion, and I've said that before, the game would have been better with more of these sidequests and no main story at all.
The game literally keeps glitching because you are always getting those "relic malfunction" popups, and there is no way to stop them. If that isn't bad game design then I don't know what is.

Well this game is neither a movie or novel, so I'm not sure why you are defending the bad ending
Neither a proper RPG). But from all this things aforementioned CP77 is closer to a visual novel, like Wolf Among Us game. I prefer to look at CP77 that way because it greatly eases the dissatisfaction. That said, sometimes there is no good ending, especially in real life. Though, games are meant to be the shelter from irl and thus avoid this)

Bad excuse indeed, but still, in visual novel there can be no different endings at all, because choices do not matters, only script. And if someone wouls write a book or make a movie in CP77 universe, bad ending would seem fitting for that world.
There is a difference between bad as in sad, and bad as in bad writing. The 7 endings are incredibly lazy and feel exactly the same. V dies. Now, or in 6 months. Doesn't really matter. No one expected a super happy end, but when a game tells you: Your choices matter, you are V. And the whole story has this theme about living and dying as a no-name at old age, or dying a legend in a blaze of glory, we expect to at least choose between these two

Neither a proper RPG). But from all this things aforementioned CP77 is closer to a visual novel, like Wolf Among Us game. I prefer to look at CP77 that way because it greatly eases the dissatisfaction. That said, sometimes there is no good ending, especially in real life. Though, games are meant to be the shelter from irl and thus avoid this)
The game is sold as an RPG, and the trailers say that "player choices matter". That's the only thing the discussion should be based on, not what you think it's like

True, but the game itself tells you everything in the opening cut-scene of V and Jackie living in NC. Dictor from TV (or radio) plainly tells you that V will burn bright but short. One way or another, a vast majority of street samuraj die young. Who said that V is special and deserves better treatment? Oh, riiight, because it's videogame and its hero is always special, and player isn't.
I wouldn't mind secret good ending, though.

The game literally keeps glitching because you are always getting those "relic malfunction" popups, and there is no way to stop them. If that isn't bad game design then I don't know what is.
It's annoying, yeah. That was, apart from the false sense of urgency, the main reason why I rushed to complete the main quest. I thought I could explore the World without the relic and Johnny's annoying comments. That turned out great, lol

The game is sold as an RPG, and the trailers say that "player choices matter". That's the only thing the discussion should be based on, not what you think it's like
Well, RPG lable and trailers lied to you. If you prefer to be dissapointed and powerless to change things, be one, it's so meta (we are talking about world, ravaged by capital, where common folk, street samuraj included, are powerless to change the world to better).

It's annoying, yeah. That was, apart from the false sense of urgency, the main reason why I rushed to complete the main quest. I thought I could explore the World without the relic and Johnny's annoying comments. That turned out great, lol
Any logic would say so, but I guess this game defies logic

True, but the game itself tells you everything in the opening cut-scene of V and Jackie living in NC. Dictor from TV (or radio) plainly tells you that V will burn bright but short. One way or another, a vast majority of street samuraj die young. Who said that V is special and deserves better treatment? Oh, riiight, because it's videogame and its hero is always special, and player isn't.
I wouldn't mind secret good ending, though.
You are missing one major point: The story didn't have to be about V's death and the whole relic nonsense. It could just have been generic GTA-like rags to riches story, and that would have been fine. This is, in my opinion at least, just bad game design.

Well, RPG lable and trailers lied to you. If you prefer to be dissapointed and powerless to change things, be one, it's so meta (we are talking about world, ravaged by capital, where common folk, street samuraj included, are powerless to change the world to better).
Well this is not the world, this is a product. If I buy a product that is not working I either refund it or ask for it to be fixed. If you don't mind getting scammed then that's good for you

There is a difference between bad as in sad, and bad as in bad writing. The 7 endings are incredibly lazy and feel exactly the same. V dies. Now, or in 6 months. Doesn't really matter. No one expected a super happy end, but when a game tells you: Your choices matter, you are V. And the whole story has this theme about living and dying as a no-name at old age, or dying a legend in a blaze of glory, we expect to at least choose between these two
Game lied to you, life is cruel and unfair. This is so meta. CP77 is perfect in immersing players in cyberpunk world, which we all will live in mere 15-20 years)
Post automatically merged:

You are missing one major point: The story didn't have to be about V's death and the whole relic nonsense. It could just have been generic GTA-like rags to riches story, and that would have been fine. This is, in my opinion at least, just bad game design.
And in my opinion CP77 was never meant to be GTA.

Well this is not the world, this is a product. If I buy a product that is not working I either refund it or ask for it to be fixed. If you don't mind getting scammed then that's good for you
I'm not scammed, because i'm okay with endings as it is. Then again, i would not mind a proper good ending, people deserve it.
Yes, you can refund your money, but how about wastef time and dissatisfaction? Who will refund it?

We can say the same about Witcher 3 and yet we can change part of the world with our choices (like kings), we can help Ciri survive, we can get some "good endings" too.
The point is Cyberpunk was rushed, I'm sure they did have more endings in mind but in the end, they cut all that content and we get an unfinished product.
The tarot cards not meaning sh**, lots of quests that previously have alternative routes are more linear now... etc
The whole "life path" Corpo, nomad, street kid not mattering sh*** either and a game about survival turned out linear scripted death.

Is fine if you like this unfinished product and like the endings but no one tells me this is alright, I have my own opinion and for me, this is not alright.

Game lied to you, life is cruel and unfair. This is so meta. CP77 is perfect in immersing players in cyberpunk world, which we all will live in mere 15-20 years)

And in my opinion CP77 was never meant to be GTA.

I'm not scammed, because i'm okay with endings as it is. Then again, i would not mind a proper good ending, people deserve it.
Yes, you can refund your money, but how about wastef time and dissatisfaction? Who will refund it?
If you're happy with it what's the point of wasting time here, why not go enjoy the game?

I haven't refunded, I'm asking for it to be fixed so I can enjoy it

The tarot cards not meaning sh**.
If the game is as linear as we make it to be then the tarot cards mean something for sure, they always did infact.
It's easy to predict the future of a linear game, not so much of an open ended RPG where your choices would change everything for every playthrough or nearly.

We can say the same about Witcher 3 and yet we can change part of the world with our choices (like kings), we can help Ciri survive, we can get some "good endings" too.
The point is Cyberpunk was rushed, I'm sure they did have more endings in mind but in the end, they cut it all that content and we get an unfinished product.
The tarot cards not meaning sh**, lots of quests that previously have alternative routes are more linear now... etc
The whole "life path" Corpo, nomad, street kid not mattering sh*** either and a game about survival turned out linear scripted death.
Yes, rush and content cuts are everywhere. Which reminds me of KOTOR 2

Top Bottom