Upgrade Open world experience is needed, but probably won't happen because of money.

+
Pretty much the same as Witcher 3, great story, pretty good game mechanics, amazing voice acting (main story/side story vice).
But the open world is hollowed, even with the amazing view, the world is merely created to service the main and side quests. With all the important open world details missing. Almost zero NPC interaction happens outside of missions.

Bugs I can understand, but so many fake promises, like that fake train system roaming in the sky, random instant spawn cops when committing crimes, horrible AI, people vanishing from street when you turn away.
These features are unlikely to change since the game is out.
The Ai rag doll never react to player action unless they start shooting, even core mechanics makes no sense, the police never goes to any crime spot, but when players commits crime, they would instantly teleport behind your back and starts shooting, if the police are that efficient, all the crime in Night City would've been stopped.

Some other funny mechanics include,
1. No one ever rides a motorbike, bike or roller skate and other futuristic transporting devices, everyone either walks or drive a car. What a lame 2077
2.No one jumps except you, like you are the only person that's ever implanted a double jump implants. I would imagination a substantial amount of people doing parkour because in 2077, they could just use implant to jump to various buildings.
Funny thing is, even in some quests, criminals just runs or drives when escaping, no one does some crazy Matrix roof top jumping sequences, everyone just does what everyone does in 2020, despite all their implant powers in the future.

3.You never run into other mercenary in Night City, you are the only one there doing all the gigs and missions. All the fixers need to count on V because other mercenary doesn't exists, except in "legends"
4. Most food and drink store just sells the same food. Most vendors are fake, can't buy anything or interact with them.

All in all, I think we should just treat this game as a upgraded version of Witcher 3.
While having amazing main story, side missions, stunning landscape, set a great reference for games that are set in the future.

What they failed in are the same categories, no real open world experience, just endless fighting, fake transporting system, at some point everyone just uses instant travel.
Fake AI for NPC roaming in night city, they are just background characters that are so boring because you can't interact with any of them.
The game force you back to main and side quests because roaming around Night City is so boring.

The only real open world experience is when you find a good spot and takes a screen shot, those view are sure as hell stunning.

Even some old game like Watch Dog 1, Red dead redemption, puts more effect in making the open world game realistic, they actually have trains that you can ride on, multiple quests actually happens on the train.

Overall, quite disappointed at the experience, outside of the main and side quests, the game is hollow and empty in content. All we can do is find a spot to take pictures after the story, that's pretty much it.

Story 9/10
Great original story, although too short for my taste.

Main quest animation 10/10
Top performance, with Keanu Reeves performing in various side quests.

Landscape 8/10
Amazing view, but fake transporting system, limited access to buildings outside of quests.

Gameplay 7/10
Good fighting mechanics, but can easily just stealth through every quest and fights, the game actually promotes stealth game-play in most quests.

Open world experience 4/10
Hollowed empty world outside of main and side quests

AI for NPC 4/10
Fake NPC that merely serve as background character in locations.

Sex and Romance 2/10
All the ads about future sex options, crazy Braindance, in the end you can only watch crime Braindance videos that helps players solves quests, great...
You get 4 Joytoys that does the same animation, about 3 romance companions per body type.
That's way lower than what they did in Witcher 3, heck, even Witcher 3 have more animation in this regard.

If developers just want to create a world that serve the main story and side quests, there are no need to make a open world game, just make a game world similar to Bioshock, God of War, Last of US.

Last edited:
Animation 10/10
Top performance, with Keanu Reeves performing in various side quests.
How is animation 10 out of 10? The game doesn't even have water splashes when you fire the gun at it (There is no water animation at all, you can drive a big truck into water and it doesnt do anything).. Also every npc runs the same no matter how fat or skinny they are. The character has one death animation no matter if the get shot or run over with the car. The game doesn't even have jumping out of car animation.

Or are you just counting cut scenes as animation?

Last edited:
How is animation 10 out of 10? The game doesn't even have water splashes when you fire the gun at it (There is no water animation at all, you can drive a big truck into water and it doesnt do anything).. Also every npc runs the same no matter how fat or skinny they are. The character has one death animation no matter if the get shot or run over with the car. The game doesn't even have jumping out of car animation.

Or are you just counting cut scenes as animation?
Just the Main story and side story cut scenes animation, other AI mechanic is trash.

I never faulted Witcher 3's open world experience. There is a ton of interesting and rewarding stuff to do in that game.

Cyberpunk lacks much of the content the Witcher 3 had, namely, a large number of worthwhile quests.

Since Cyberpunk lets you create your own character, there should be a lot more role playing elements in the game. But as you pointed out, increasing the immersion of Night City would also help improve the game.

They've already said pre-order sales alone had made up for development costs. That's not even counting the total units sold. The dev team has no problems with time and resources now. The only reason they wouldn't upgrade the open world experience is if there not interested in doing it.

Hopefully everyone sees this.

I'm enjoying playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC

I would just like to highlight a few features that would be great to be added or improve in the game

1) Advanced Mini Map - Able to know when to turn, so that the map informed us earlier, so we do not miss any turn
2) Customization Apartment - Throughout my playthrough for this game, I went back to my apartment only 2 or 3 times. It be great to add some content maybe customization options
3) Customization Vehicles - Since the game has an in-depth photo mode option, it be great to have Vehicle customization, so that player can show off their own rides
4) Mini game - Include several mini games to interact with. Example gambling, pool, Swimming, Golf, Arcade games or etc
5) Advanced Police System - Probably remove the spawn cops, instead implement the same concept as GTA. It be cool if we were chase by Arasaka Forces
6) Radio - Switch between song - There are songs that i liked, so it would be nice if we can switch songs instead of the Radio station
7) NPC AI and Physics - Improve the overall response and interaction with the NPC
8) Buildings Accessible - To add more immersion to the game, more buildings should be accessible, i found out that that several buildings can be access only by the Main or Side Quest.
9) Apartment PC - We could check out the latest trend fashion, in which we can order the clothes through the website. Make the PC in our apartment to have more interaction
10) Purchased Apartment - Not sure if they will be added in the DLC, hopefully it will

Thanks.

They've already said pre-order sales alone had made up for development costs. That's not even counting the total units sold. The dev team has no problems with time and resources now. The only reason they wouldn't upgrade the open world experience is if there not interested in doing it.
The board of directors probably won't approve spending massive time and money on improving the game, they would much prefer if the game developer continue making news game now that Cyberpunk is "out the door".

They will allow them to make DLC, because those generates income, but improving something like overall AI improvement, physics, overall concept of the game, would take at least a year, maybe two.

So I doubt the game would get such upgrade, the team's salary costs over 10 millions per year.

The board of directors probably won't approve spending massive time and money on improving the game, they would much prefer if the game developer continue making news game now that Cyberpunk is "out the door".

They will allow them to make DLC, because those generates income, but improving something like overall AI improvement, physics, overall concept of the game, would take at least a year, maybe two.

So I doubt the game would get such upgrade, the team's salary costs over 10 millions per year.
I don't know. If other companies such as Hello Games, Bethesda, and even EA would support and improve their games such as No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, and Battlefront 2 for over a year so they can make them what they were supposed to be, then that gives me hope. CDPR may not be the perfect company we thought but they are way better than those other companies. I'm not certain though but I am hopeful that they will.

I don't know. If other companies such as Hello Games, Bethesda, and even EA would support and improve their games such as No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, and Battlefront 2 for over a year so they can make them what they were supposed to be, then that gives me hope. CDPR may not be the perfect company we thought but they are way better than those other companies. I'm not certain though but I am hopeful that they will.
Let's hope so, overall I wouldn't say Cyberpunk 2077 is a bad game, but it feels pretty much the same as other AAA open world titles, they shouldn't have made so many fake promises about the open world experiences, if they cannot fulfill them.

Lack of transport option (only running, driving car or motor bike), no rocket boost option, no flying backpacks, not even a real train system, I mean it's 2077, not freaking 2020.
I mean not even a bus? I guess NPC in Night City world also use the teleportation stations.

All i can say is, they definitely did not out did themselves in this new game, barely meets the standard that is Witcher 3.

The open world experience in this game needs some serious overhaul if CDPR is expecting to get their reputation back to where it was.

I'm 100hrs into the game and the OP has literally hit the nail on the head. The game was tailored around the Main Quest and Side Quests. The voice acting, animation and interaction on those areas are top notch.

However, outside those, there is nothing to do on the open world:

1- Have you guys noticed that there is a Roach arcade game that we can't interact with?
2- Have you also noticed that every NPC that are interectable have a Green name indicating that on top of their heads? I have noticed that there are several NPCs in the world that are always in the same spot with a green name but we can't interact (example below)
Untitled.png

This is a Joytoy in Jig Jig Street. She is ALWAYS there and has a green name like other characters that you can interact. However, pressing F on her doesn't do anything. Not even the standard dialogue.

3- Loads of food stalls that we can't even sit and eat
4- When you go into the Afterlife for the first time, Jackie orders a special drink called Johnny Silverhand. Allegedly his favourite mix. If you speak to Claire though and look up her drinks, she doesn't have any of that. Only the standard ones that you find in EVERY shop.

ALSO ****SPOILER ALERT*****
In this same scene, Jackie tells Claire his favourite drink for when he dies. After his death, if you return to the Afterlife and speak to Claire, you can ask her to add his drink to the menu and she even says that we can have the first one on the house. Not only she never gives us the drink, her shop doesn't change either. So you're never able to have a Jackie Welles :(

Everything outside the quests feel like a placeholder to me. Undercooked. They should Fix these things, they are 10 times worse than the bugs (not including them game breaking bugs that the Console choombas are experiecing of course, this has to take priority). But, I DO NOT expect them to do anything about these things. After so many false promises, I will only believe it when I see it on my PC.

The open world experience in this game needs some serious overhaul if CDPR is expecting to get their reputation back to where it was.

I'm 100hrs into the game and the OP has literally hit the nail on the head. The game was tailored around the Main Quest and Side Quests. The voice acting, animation and interaction on those areas are top notch.

However, outside those, there is nothing to do on the open world:

1- Have you guys noticed that there is a Roach arcade game that we can't interact with?
2- Have you also noticed that every NPC that are interectable have a Green name indicating that on top of their heads? I have noticed that there are several NPCs in the world that are always in the same spot with a green name but we can't interact (example below)
View attachment 11108099
This is a Joytoy in Jig Jig Street. She is ALWAYS there and has a green name like other characters that you can interact. However, pressing F on her doesn't do anything. Not even the standard dialogue.

3- Loads of food stalls that we can't even sit and eat
4- When you go into the Afterlife for the first time, Jackie orders a special drink called Johnny Silverhand. Allegedly his favourite mix. If you speak to Claire though and look up her drinks, she doesn't have any of that. Only the standard ones that you find in EVERY shop.

ALSO ****SPOILER ALERT*****
In this same scene, Jackie tells Claire his favourite drink for when he dies. After his death, if you return to the Afterlife and speak to Claire, you can ask her to add his drink to the menu and she even says that we can have the first one on the house. Not only she never gives us the drink, her shop doesn't change either. So you're never able to have a Jackie Welles :(

Everything outside the quests feel like a placeholder to me. Undercooked. They should Fix these things, they are 10 times worse than the bugs (not including them game breaking bugs that the Console choombas are experiecing of course, this has to take priority). But, I DO NOT expect them to do anything about these things. After so many false promises, I will only believe it when I see it on my PC.
I do believe they planned all these details in the development plan, however, the board of directors shovel down a release date to their face, the pandemic did not help either, so all these details are cut short, removed, or hauled, simply because developers are no longer calling the shot on the release dates, the money sucking board are.

So sad, I guess even CDPR is fallen just like other big studio before them, just like Blizzard, Bethesda...
It's there gonna be a studio that come forward and push for better game rather than money making game? Only Rockstar remains it seems.

One day, I fear all will be gone.
Post automatically merged:

Hopefully everyone sees this.

I'm enjoying playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC

I would just like to highlight a few features that would be great to be added or improve in the game

1) Advanced Mini Map - Able to know when to turn, so that the map informed us earlier, so we do not miss any turn
2) Customization Apartment - Throughout my playthrough for this game, I went back to my apartment only 2 or 3 times. It be great to add some content maybe customization options
3) Customization Vehicles - Since the game has an in-depth photo mode option, it be great to have Vehicle customization, so that player can show off their own rides
4) Mini game - Include several mini games to interact with. Example gambling, pool, Swimming, Golf, Arcade games or etc
5) Advanced Police System - Probably remove the spawn cops, instead implement the same concept as GTA. It be cool if we were chase by Arasaka Forces
6) Radio - Switch between song - There are songs that i liked, so it would be nice if we can switch songs instead of the Radio station
7) NPC AI and Physics - Improve the overall response and interaction with the NPC
8) Buildings Accessible - To add more immersion to the game, more buildings should be accessible, i found out that that several buildings can be access only by the Main or Side Quest.
9) Apartment PC - We could check out the latest trend fashion, in which we can order the clothes through the website. Make the PC in our apartment to have more interaction
10) Purchased Apartment - Not sure if they will be added in the DLC, hopefully it will

Thanks.

It's funny, because there are so many open world game with amazing open world experience, but Cyberpunk 2077 open world experience fall short to even games that came out in 2004 and took less time to made.

Last edited:
I do believe they planned all these details in the development plan, however, the board of directors shovel down a release date to their face, the pandemic did not help either, so all these details are cut short, removed, or hauled, simply because developers are no longer calling the shot on the release dates, the money sucking board are.

So sad, I guess even CDPR is fallen just like other big studio before them, just like Blizzard, Bethesda...
It's there gonna be a studio that come forward and push for better game rather than money making game? Only Rockstar remains it seems.

One day, I fear all will be gone.
Post automatically merged:

It's funny, because there are so many open world game with amazing open world experience, but Cyberpunk 2077 open world experience fall short to even games that came out in 2004 and took less time to made.

It's pretty clear that the current state of the open world is not what the devs had in mind. All one can hope now is that they will improve this on a future patch but I'm not expecting anything more at this point. Too many false promises...

It's pretty clear that the current state of the open world is not what the devs had in mind. All one can hope now is that they will improve this on a future patch but I'm not expecting anything more at this point. Too many false promises...
Very implausible, given the size of this game, a total AI overhaul, built in city rails, fun activities to do in the city, mini games, romances and many features that suppose to happen in a open world game.
Would take years to do.

All the fake promise, they dare call it a fully immersive experience.
Just another game we need to finish the main quest and be deleted.

So sad and disappointing.

There is 2 joytoys, not 4
There are 4 joytoys, 2 more in a "high end bar" area where you need to complete a certain quest before you can get in.

But don't bother looking for them, they have the exact same animation, not much effort is put in them.
Heck, not much effort is put in anywhere other than main quest and side quest and the landscape.

Again, pretty disappointed at the game.

Here watch it on youtube instead.

Top Bottom