Mantis Blades / Gorilla Fists scale way, way too poorly.

+
That's my biggest issue thusfar. Why the hell can't I work on them myself as a Techie? I have 20 Tech and I can't even tamper with them a little? Really?
With tech you can find schematics to build the mods that you slot into them, I am not at full crafting yet nor have I tried to craft any of the mods. I doubt they will be any better then the mods you can buy in honest so that isn't much but then again it would be hard to work on your own arms or blades hidden in you arms, though you could work in them when they are unequipped that would be nice. Though personally I think there is too much damage in other play styles, they would need to be reigned in before the arms can be said to be balanced.

Outside of that the two things I want to see most is I would like it if not every attack broke stealth and the gorilla arms have only helped by 6 Body netrunner open a single gate that needed a body of 12. I would like to see a bigger multiplier on the strength to open doors and take over cars at least with the legendary set.

With tech you can find schematics to build the mods that you slot into them, I am not at full crafting yet nor have I tried to craft any of the mods.
And you need to find those schematics. Not only that, but so far I haven't found a single one that's been better than the store mods. I have 50 Street as well, so it's not like I don't have access to everything on the map yet. The best I've gotten is 45% Attack Speed and 30% Crit Damage. I have the best Legendary Mantis Blades (not the one in the store, they're not as good as the ones you can find) and still my damage output is just sub par.

I agree with things being too powerful, but being able to kill a Skulled Enemy with a Katana my own level in two hits VS being able to kill them in about 5 seconds of spam slashes is a massive difference. Add on to that the fact that the killcam bullshit completely ruins the speed of your playstyle and can get your killed more than it helps, I just can't see the point of Mantis Blades over a Katana. Let alone Gorilla Fists over a Hammer.

Also, I kinda have to make use of this still from one of the trailers of the woman working on her own implants. Plus, it's not like we couldn't use other implants to work on them.

Where are these bullet sponges? Cause I'm killing everything with 1 hit.
So'm I, if I use my legendary sniper rifle from a mile off and chain headshot crits with all my bonuses. Oh except on the "special" enemies the game deems too valuable to waste on its own mechanics and makes them magically soak up a couple dozen of those same headshots to an exposed, unprotected head - like all the Cyberpsychos. Or did you not do those missions? The revolver I got from River works pretty well at that too. Any other weapon is basically trash, with the exception of Widowmaker (especially on anyone vulnerable to toxins or if you are playing with the Cold Blood perks). Which just goes to show the wide disparity in itemization as well. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Juyo

Forum regular
So'm I, if I use my legendary sniper rifle from a mile off and chain headshot crits with all my bonuses. Oh except on the "special" enemies the game deems too valuable to waste on its own mechanics and makes them magically soak up a couple dozen of those same headshots to an exposed, unprotected head - like all the Cyberpsychos. Or did you not do those missions? The revolver I got from River works pretty well at that too. Any other weapon is basically trash, with the exception of Widowmaker (especially on anyone vulnerable to toxins or if you are playing with the Cold Blood perks). Which just goes to show the wide disparity in itemization as well. [...]
My favourite so far is Divided We Stand - partly because I accidentally scrapped my Crash >.< but the combination of smart assault rifle + poison damage makes it a very safe choice for especially PITA enemies.

Gorilla Arms are actually very good if you have enough points in the brawler tree. You can just destroy everyone in a few hits, perma stun, always knock down with strong attacks ...

Also there is a trick with the Gorilla Arms : regular attacks charge the arms, then the next strong attack deals more damage. And you can add a battery to the arms to have more charge and charge damage
Post automatically merged:

inventory screen DPS indicators don't show me how much damage I can expect with them equipped
Equip your Mantis Blade / Gorilla Arms and then go to your inventory and click on stats. You will see your DPS there (it's the DPS of the equipped weapon always)

Not to mention just being different animation melee weapons. What happened to ripping open doors with Gorilla Arms? It even says it in the description, but it doesn't even reduce the Body required for Body Checks.
Whaaaat? I didn't use any arm implants because of roleplay so far but I even didn't know they removed even this feature?!. Can you dissamble turrets with them at least?

Gorilla Arms are actually very good if you have enough points in the brawler tree. You can just destroy everyone in a few hits, perma stun, always knock down with strong attacks ...

Also there is a trick with the Gorilla Arms : regular attacks charge the arms, then the next strong attack deals more damage. And you can add a battery to the arms to have more charge and charge damage
Post automatically merged:

Equip your Mantis Blade / Gorilla Arms and then go to your inventory and click on stats. You will see your DPS there (it's the DPS of the equipped weapon always)

A Katana with points in Blades and Cold Blood will 1 shot everyone with light attack on very hard. With the perk from stealth that doubles damage from stealth and the Katana with bonus dmg on heavy attacks, you can 1 shot bosses on very hard. With Sandevistan, they don't react fast enough to get you into combat. You can literally kill everything without ever getting shot/hit back in the game with that setup.

I'm currently lvl42 on my run and I haven't died since level 5 or something.

So many have been trying to drive this point home on these forums and for the first week I feel like the majority of people, the normies were stuck on how bad the bugs and glitches were and how pretty the game looked. Now that the dust has settled and the normies are looking a little deeper they're starting (have been for a few days now) to see how deep the problems really go with this game. Such issues as my Mantis Blades/Gorilla Arm mods not working/showing up etc but the scratches on the surface.
Exactly. Problems are deep within the gameplay.

A Katana with points in Blades and Cold Blood will 1 shot everyone with light attack on very hard. With the perk from stealth that doubles damage from stealth and the Katana with bonus dmg on heavy attacks, you can 1 shot bosses on very hard. With Sandevistan, they don't react fast enough to get you into combat. You can literally kill everything without ever getting shot/hit back in the game with that setup.

I'm currently lvl42 on my run and I haven't died since level 5 or something.

This sounds very boring to play :p I avoid using things that are too strong otherwise the game becomes too easy and not fun.

For example, there is a perk in brawler that gives +100% damage to blunt weapons for 10s after a kill. I don't use it because otherwise I would become One Punch Man with the gorilla arms.

Blades seems very strong because I have barely invested some points in them to have fun with Katanas and I kill very fast (my build is focused on the Body and Cool trees, 7 points only in Reflexes)

This sounds very boring to play :p I avoid using things that are too strong otherwise the game becomes too easy and not fun.

For example, there is a perk in brawler that gives +100% damage to blunt weapons for 10s after a kill. I don't use it because otherwise I would become One Punch Man with the gorilla arms.

Blades seems very strong because I have barely invested some points in them to have fun with Katanas and I kill very fast (my build is focused on the Body and Cool trees, 7 points only in Reflexes)

You need 14 in reflexes to equip the good sandevistan. Shit gets real when you do :p

i'm 1 to 2 shotting skull enemies with my gorilla fists. no points into reflex. 18 into body 16 into cool. you're doing something wrong (very hard difficulty)

i'm also using berserk instead of sandvistan since i find the latter to be completely broken

I spec'd into blades exclusively because I wanted to use mantis blades, and never used any other melee weapon once I got them. Imagine my confusion when I found out that people considered melee to be very strong.

ah. yeah i meant to say i've HEARD that sandevistan is op, never used it myself. thanks for the clarification

You should make a high reflex high cool char and you'll realize that the game is completely broken on a fundamental level haha. No amount of tweaks will ever fix it.

You should make a high reflex high cool char and you'll realize that the game is completely broken on a fundamental level haha. No amount of tweaks will ever fix it.

i'll likely go into reflex after cool. mostly since i went int/tech/cool for my first char. i was surprised to learn you can't use quickhacks at all if you use berserk. was hoping to benefit from mass invuln (90% more damage from melee 60physical+30general). i might still do int tho cuz of the crit damage/% implants. we'll see

i'll likely go into reflex after cool. mostly since i went int/tech/cool for my first char. i was surprised to learn you can't use quickhacks at all if you use berserk. was hoping to benefit from mass invuln (90% more damage from melee 60physical+30general). i might still do int tho cuz of the crit damage/% implants. we'll see

Yeah the way to make your character is tech/cool and then int/reflex/body depending on what you want to play with cause you can't hack if you use sandevistan or berserk so int is wasted.

There is almost no reason to use them past level 20. I am level 50 with 20 Reflex and 20 Cool and they only hit for a few thousand. Meanwhile a Blue Katana I had from over 10 levels ago hits twice, sometimes three times as hard.

Gorilla Fists are the exact same. 20 Body, 20 Cool and they're awful. Better to use just a simple wrench. Bizarre this super technologically advanced implant can't beat a damn wrench...

Katana also doesn't lock you into terrible animations (Kill Cam) when you heavy attack and a further 1 second of immobility after the kill cam like Mantis Blades do with that awful grab / execute. Because of this you either cannot use Heavy Attacks or risk getting killed in a six second animation of complete immobility or simply not use Heavy Attacks at all, limiting your gameplay severely.

I can't be the only one severely disappointed with them, right?

LOL. "They only hit for a few thousand". Well, the good news is that enemies only have "a few thousand" hit points at most, so it doesn't matter if they don't scale much beyond that, because everything else is maximum overkill anyway and those 100K head shots are doing 90K more damage than the highest hit point enemy has health.

The real problem with the arm slot items is that they completely break functionality with Blood Pump and other cardiovascular cyberware.

Top Bottom