This game should be labelled as early access

+
Don't really need to say much, but this game feels very early access. Its clearly being miss sold and something HAS to be done about it. You need to warn users that the game is not finished and will be worked on because its just too full of bugs and it ruins the experience, for those investors using this an an excuse to sue are cancer.... They are probably the reason the game is in the state it is in...

I've played for more than 70hr's and I just cant play any more, I wish I wanted to
  • UI breaks all the time
    • Crosshairs don't reset when you get into cars
    • Mini map icons follow you around and stick
    • GPS is not fit for purpose, can't even see turns
  • Can fall through the level
  • Quests sometimes don't work and it happens quite often
  • Clearly investors and management ignored QA (or no qa took place)
  • Patches have made my game worse
  • Cant shoot out of cars
  • Police AI is trash and clearly unfinished
  • Balancing is very out of whack
  • Were told to keep crafting limited so it doesn't break our saves
  • World looks incredible but nothing to do in it once you have completed all content
  • Arcade machines do nothing
  • AI is dumb
  • Factions could be more interesting with their own wanted level separate from the police

Last edited:
Labelling the game "Early Access" would imply good & transparent communication, and a team managing clients expectations.
This is unfortunately not the road CDPR took for Cyberpunk 2077 in my opinion.
Now they've lost most of their client trust (at least mine), which will be very hard to regain.

PS : I wouldn't say game went through 0 QA as I assume the team was working hard and got stressed into delivery.

Labelling the game "Early Access" would imply good & transparent communication, and a team managing clients expectations.
This is unfortunately not the road CDPR took for Cyberpunk 2077 in my opinion.
Now they've lost most of their client trust (at least mine), which will be very hard to regain.

PS : I wouldn't say game went through 0 QA as I assume the team was working hard and got stressed into delivery.
They should change the label to save their asses

They should pull it off and don't sell it again before it is finished. For real this time.
ikr it's a disaster for a game of this size to be released in such a tragic state, I just don't think its acceptable and I cant defend the game anymore I'm really annoyed about it, I want a refund but I've put a substantial amount of hours in, I wanted to spend more then 70h's but I'm honestly sick of finding work arounds now!

Well ... this game is a very large project and clearly the pandemic hit it very hard. I'd assume many out sourced materials didn't went through as planned but investors still pushed very hard for a holiday season release window. Similar to the bioware / mass effect andromeda tragedy.

ikr it's a disaster for a game of this size to be released in such a tragic state, i just don't think its acceptable and i cant defend the game anymore i'm really annoyed about it

I understand you Amigo. I really do. Waited for this so long, opened my arms, smiled on release day, thought about all that dozens of hours having fun just to get my balls chopped of with a blow out sudden.

Well ... this game is a very large project and clearly the pandemic hit it very hard. I'd assume many out sourced materials didn't went through as planned but investors still pushed very hard for a holiday season release window. Similar to the bioware / mass effect andromeda tragedy.
It didnt have to be it boils down to corporate greed, the very idea of this game ironically. They could have released it in march/april or may but no, the management and publishers wanted to get it out for the money. They knew the issues and thought they would get away with them (which is why i assume there was no QA). I say no, early access would have been the option to circumvent the contraversy some more but i think its a huge disgrace to gamers.

Early Access titles are by definition in development with no confirmed release date and with no promise to release at all.

If you expect perfect games upon release then wait a few months rather than pre-ordering.

ikr it's a disaster for a game of this size to be released in such a tragic state, I just don't think its acceptable and I cant defend the game anymore I'm really annoyed about it, I want a refund but I've put a substantial amount of hours in, I wanted to spend more then 70h's but I'm honestly sick of finding work arounds now!
Not a lot of people can i suppose. Only good thing that a lot people mention - visual(how the city looks and game looks on high end setups). Other stuff is questionable/bad.

Early Access titles are by definition in development with no confirmed release date and with no promise to release at all.

If you expect perfect games upon release then wait a few months rather than pre-ordering.
I do expect perfect games on release, cant say i've ever experienced anything like this from a game that ISN'T labelled as EA, even on games from the past that on N64 didn't even support patches and bugs NEVER happened. Its an absolute disgrace there is no defending a bad game on release. Needs to be stomped out.

Don't really need to say much, but this game feels very early access. Its clearly being miss sold and something HAS to be done about it. You need to warn users that the game is not finished and will be worked on because its just too full of bugs and it ruins the experience

• UI breaks all the time
    • Crosshairs don't reset when you get into cars
    • Mini map icons follow you around and stick
    • GPS is not fit for purpose, can't even see turns
  • Can fall through the level
  • Quests sometimes don't work and it happens quite often
  • Clearly went through 0 QA
  • Patches have made my game worse
  • Cant shoot out of cars
  • Police AI is trash and clearly unfinished
  • Balancing is very out of whack
Try the BG3 Sept build, that'll give you some EA exp. I didn't experience any of those issues, and as shooting out of cars is a feature, I'm gonna say it has bugs but nowhere near an EA release.

Try the BG3 Sept build, that'll give you some EA exp. I didn't experience any of those issues, and as shooting out of cars is a feature, I'm gonna say it has bugs but nowhere near an EA release.
I've played enough games to know what an EA game looks like, and even though this is mostly feature complete, its clearly not out of beta where all features are polished. The game is simply not finished so it should be put into EA, it's as simple as that. I know many PC gamers will say they 'had no issues' but its simply not true because all bugs mentioned are from PC platform. These bugs are all agnostic, meaning it doesn't matter which platform you are on. The game is fundamentally unfinished and needed way more time to polish, this is a way for them to escape the controversy by being honest with us.. Telling the gamers to not use crafting because it can break your save feels very EA
Post automatically merged:

And if the investors do hope to sue CDPR i hope they are ready for us to defend the developers because they are clearly the ones who pushed the game even though it wasn't ready.

Fallou
I do expect perfect games on release, cant say i've ever experienced anything like this from a game that ISN'T labelled as EA, even on games from the past that on N64 didn't even support patches and bugs NEVER happened. Its an absolute disgrace there is no defending a bad game on release. Needs to be stomped out.

Your expectations are flawed, no game releases perfect, nor is bug free or does not have some form of performance issues.

Fallout 76, Anthem, Skyrim, Mass Effect Andromeda to name a few broken on release, even The Witcher 3.

Not for you to decide what another chooses to do unless you bought them the game. I purchased my copy.

Last edited:
Fallou

Your expectations are flawed, no game releases perfect, nor is bug free or does not have some form of performance issues.

Fallout 76, Anthem, Skyrim, Mass Effect Andromeda to name a few broken on release, even The Witcher 3.
You've listed some terrible games there, apart from Skyrim and Witcher 3 (which I had no issues with). They are just bad examples to follow.

Something has to change, because they end up mis selling to their audience. We can either all pull the wool over our eyes and accept mediocre games for full price or demand a change in the industry, would you be happy if you asked for a skin fade at the barbers and your barber gives you a 1 all over? The whole point of EA is for exactly this. If you release a game that does not function for what it was meant to do then its simply early access or should be

Fallou

Fallout 76, Fallout 4, Anthem, Skyrim, Mass Effect Andromeda to name a few broken on release, even The Witcher 3.
I've played enough games to know what an EA game looks like, and even though this is mostly feature complete, its clearly not out of beta where all features are polished. The game is simply not finished so it should be put into EA, it's as simple as that. I know many PC gamers will say they 'had no issues' but its simply not true because all bugs mentioned are from PC platform. These bugs are all agnostic, meaning it doesn't matter which platform you are on. The game is fundamentally unfinished and needed way more time to polish, this is a way for them to escape the controversy by being honest with us.. Telling the gamers to not use crafting because it can break your save feels very EA

And if the investors do hope to sue CDPR i hope they are ready for us to defend the developers because they are clearly the ones who pushed the game even though it wasn't ready.
Again, I had none of those issues and yet 1) completed the game and 2) had fun (yes on a PC). Think your expectations might have been a bit high from the hype machine. Which is understandable, since it was delayed twice even tho "its ready to play", but again it's your personal point of view. And are you trying to troll with the suing non-issue? Its just a game. Play and have fun (or don't play and wait for the patches)!

You've listed some terrible games there, apart from Skyrim (which i had no issues with). They are just bad examples to follow.

Something has to change, because they end up mis selling to their audience. We can either all pull the wool over our eyes and accept mediocre games for full price or demand a change in the industry, would you be happy if you asked for a skin fade and your barber gives you a 1 all over? The whole point of EA is for exactly this. If you release a game that does not function for what it was meant to do then its simply early access or should be

You had no issues with Skyrim, it was perfect? No it was not. Ask those who lost save files after countless hours, bugs locking out quests etc. Early Access? Yes Skyrim was Early Access as you define it. It was bugged at release including falling through the environment, etc. Without mods bland. Pointless pointing the finger at Cyberpunk whilst glossing over those issues in Skyrim.

My point of listing those other games was to perfectly illustrate your flawed assumption regarding perfect games. Bad examples? or just the fact you want to be choosy with defining bad as you do with Early Access. They were all triple AAA games, highly anticipated by gamers, they were all flawed on release. They were all Early Access titles based on your definition.

I have encountered one bug so far in Cyberpunk not the list you had in your OP post and it runs well on my PC.

Last edited:
You had no issues with Skyrim, it was perfect? No it was not. Ask those who lost save files after countless hours, bugs locking out quests etc. Early Access? Yes Skyrim was Early Access as you define it. It was bugged at release including falling through the environment, etc. Without mods bland. Pointless pointing the finger at Cyberpunk whilst glossing over those issues in Skyrim.

My point of listing those other games was to perfectly illustrate your flawed assumption regarding perfect games. Bad examples? or just the fact you want to be choosy with defining bad as you do with Early Access. They were all triple AAA games, highly anticipated by gamers, they were all flawed on release.

I have encountered one bug so far in Cyberpunk not the list you had in your OP post and it runs well on my PC.
Well good for you it runs great on your PC, but the cracks show the more you play it, its not just about a stable FPS, its about the game actually being as promised, its an absolute mess an riddled with Star Citizen-like bugs and I'm experiencing something new nearly every day, no need to defend such a mediocre game just because it has next gen graphics but with dated far cry mechanics, they've released it in this state so deserve the criticism

My point of listing those other games was to perfectly illustrate your flawed assumption regarding perfect games. Bad examples? or just the fact you want to be choosy with defining bad as you do with Early Access. They were all triple AAA games, highly anticipated by gamers, they were all flawed on release. They were all Early Access titles based on your definition.

Honestly i never encountered issued on this calibre in Skyrim, i know Bethesda games are kinda janky and lack physics but its still a fully functioning RPG... with all the mechanics you'd expect from it.

Honestly i never encountered issues on this calibre in Skyrim, i know Bethesda games are kinda janky and lack physics but its still a fully functioning RPG... with all the mechanics you'd expect from it on release.

Last edited:
Fallou

Not for you to decide what another chooses to do unless you bought them the game. I purchased my copy.

I would be fine with your point if the issues were only technical / performance related.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

If the expectations of a huge proportion of the population are "flawed", you may need to think about what could be the root cause.

Top Bottom