SUGGESTION: Gear, Crafting, and Aesthetic

+
It is a bit silly to find 2 identical gear pieces that have different stats just because of "level".

It is also strange there isn't a repair system.

Standardizing gear stats based on type, manufacturer, and quality. This can also affect the look of the items as well. Also makes stock gear straight forward and makes unique items more unique.

The player can use upgrading either through crafting or going to a shop. Mods can then be used to make specific stat changes and customize gear to the player's build. It caps max possible stats so there is an upper and lower limit for gameplay difficulty to be designed around. Meaning at game start players are capable but need to strategize and at max players are a bit overpowered. It also allows the player to focus on tuning gear, but more importantly a player can keep an aesthetic without penalty.

Upgrades should be limited to 5x per rarity level. So common +5, then upgrade rarity on +6 becomes uncommon +0, etc. I like the rarity upgrade recipes, but I would remove them and just make it part of the upgrade process. Rarer items then become valuable in more than one way and yet are easier to read at a glance.

All mod recipes should be available for the player to make.
I like the random quality. I would just extend that out to all mods. Include grenades, meds, add-ons, and food.

Some mods could have negative affects. Ex. Overpowered: +dmg -integrity / Runs Hot: Higher rate of fire. Can overheat. / Light Load: Non lethal. Cannot Crit. Etc...

Add-on like scopes and silencers keep their properties. Add extended mags and different stocks. More or less bullets. More or less stability.

Weapon status affects like shock, burn, poison, should be based on ammo type used. Not inherent to the gun. Again the player should be able to make all ammo and ammo types.

Armor stats would follow the same as weapons but a bit more simplified. Add armor, resistences, move speed, etc. No real nevagitves aside from maybe increasing weight or how much noise the player makes when they move.

Mods can be removed manually through a perk instead of lost when replaced. The disassembly mod save perk is nice. Having one to just straight up remove and replace at will would be better.

Overall I would cut the amount of ammo boxes and meds in half or more that are in the world. Toughen up the player a bit so they aren't spamming meds. This would encourage the player to take some time to make their own ammo and meds. So add a quantity slider to how much or many of an item is made in one go. No more click per item crafted. Add cooking so players can have a bit of control over food buffs. Also cut those items in half too. Junk I would keep if not expand on. The auto disassemble perk would keep the player stocked up (as it already does) on basic components to repair gear and make ammo, meds, and grenades. Add "Loot as Junk" option.

Each gear piece found in the world has a look, feel, and mods based on the region where they are found. Some are painted up. Some are modded out and in ways that reflect the faction or owner. Ex. Nomads have more durable gear. Scavs make flashy junk. Corps have high tech stuff but basic / clean looking. This allows the player to also have an idea what to expect when in an encounter and what gear they might get.

I know the game was rushed, but it seems there is so much missing from the amount of obvious effects that aren't included in the game. I really hope things improve and are added in the future.

More clarification of what armor does instead of our assumed ideas. Removable mods should be a thing by default, not a skill you unlock super late through progression.. (unless obviously rushing crafting to 18)

There are many, many quality of life things that seem to be forgotten or purposely left out. Perhaps, the devs in charge of this detail of the game we shorthanded? Cause the depth of this game is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Especially when many legendary items are tailored for the best modifiers and stats.

There's just so much left out. I hate that the people that supposedly support the game, forced the devs to rush it.. But even so.. 9 years and there's barely enough of a simple stat system working.. I don't want to sound harsh, but something seems amiss.

There's just so much left out. I hate that the people that supposedly support the game, forced the devs to rush it.. But even so.. 9 years and there's barely enough of a simple stat system working.. I don't want to sound harsh, but something seems amiss.

Not too concerned about how the game got to this point. Only trying to offer time and ideas to help it along. CDPR can deal with their internal issues. Gamers can complain until they're blue face. I want to play good games.

That said. What would you change? I am curious what systems you enjoy and think are worth your while. What do you think would fit CP2077?

Not too concerned about how the game got to this point. Only trying to offer time and ideas to help it along. CDPR can deal with their internal issues. Gamers can complain until they're blue face. I want to play good games.

That said. What would you change? I am curious what systems you enjoy and think are worth your while. What do you think would fit CP2077?
The system they have, for the most part is there.. but they are missing the inclusion of it being fully fleshed out. Purple weapons can just not have crit or crit damage, but if you upgrade to legendary.. they come standard.. and vice-versa.

Poison is pretty weak and lackluster..

I would think a system similar to Diablo 3 would be the same for the most part.. Cyberpunk's is just missing like 40% of it. I'd like to see perks added to clothing as mods or passives. Also, converting crafting materials should be enabled after act 1. In my game, I have 8k common parts.. No matter how many things I craft, I have 6k+ at all times.. Also, a "craft multiple" feature is needed as well..

There's a lot, but I wouldn't want cyberpunk to copy other games exactly.. I wanna see them add their own flare to it.

Maybe... open up some options for scouting enemies for info to have a bigger effect or change those icons to something more effective. I get the idea, but visuals are a focus in this game and the optics are pretty limited.

I would think a system similar to Diablo 3 would be the same for the most part.. Cyberpunk's is just missing like 40% of it. I'd like to see perks added to clothing as mods or passives. Also, converting crafting materials should be enabled after act 1. In my game, I have 8k common parts.. No matter how many things I craft, I have 6k+ at all times.. Also, a "craft multiple" feature is needed as well..

Nice! Yeah, I could see something like that work. I didn't play much D3. Completed story and then moved on. But I had no issue with the gear system. In CP2077 after the player completes the game and map there isn't much to do. But if there was I would say end game stomp for Gold and/or Unique Gear is fine. The "standard" item values may be a bit boring.

Idk... I like making an item and the rarity being random. However...

Maybe go with a fabrication theme. Future craft.

I would add crafting stations at apartments or dealers / shops. Consumables wouldn't require it but gear / mods / add-ons would. Start crafting and a mini game pops up on a fabricator's screen. Have a generic "V puts data shard in terminal" play out. Then "Rolodex" through known schematics. Select it and it fills the screen. At the start there is only one or tow slots and you place components in them. Add different tier (rarity) components to slots in the schematic to adjust certain values. Ex. Barrel = range, Stock = Stability, and Receiver = rate of fire. Pushing the rarety level with higher tier components cause instability but overall costs less. So 20 common components as apposed to say 16 uncommon. Then throw in common components to burn away to stabilize it.

Basically fabricate your dream weapon. Even be able to unlock skins and add them to the gear as a finishing touch. ( I smell paid cosmetics. Do you? ) Random chance for "experimental" or "Unique Legendary". Wait no! Unique Legendary components from Boss fights, exploration, hacking, etc to make them.

Make removing mods available at the start (totally agree), and replace it with a perk that helps with stability. Number of mod slots stays the same. Based on item rarity. Add-ons stays the same based on the type of weapon. Keep RNG on a tight leash with failure chance or chance to get inferior / better item being plain to see for the player and easy to mitigate. Allow the player to back out of fabricating an item available until it is initiated. At no cost.

The Fab Machine could also mass produce the component improvement mechanic already available. And it could have sick animations and sounds. Then when it is done there is a "chest / container" at the end. When you open it, it makes a wooshing clicking future sound and opens with a snap, sparks, and some fog. Revealing your new gear. Gear you made. Way to go!! DUDE!!

It's a lot but I think that would be pretty unique and fit in well with the world of CP2077.

I have 32,188 common components. And counting. I disassemble everything. Everything. I would have more higher tier components but I can't click thousands of times. I am also sitting at level 16 or 17 crafting. So yeah... it would be nice to mass produce, burn through levels, and complete the tree. For now I am running around looking for rando mobs to take out and revisiting mission areas to collect any missed items.

I have 32,188 common components. And counting. I disassemble everything. Everything. I would have more higher tier components but I can't click thousands of times. I am also sitting at level 16 or 17 crafting. So yeah... it would be nice to mass produce, burn through levels, and complete the tree. For now I am running around looking for rando mobs to take out and revisiting mission areas to collect any missed items.
I just unlocked the upgrading components for higher tiers at level 40. xD That may help a bit, but there isn't much reason to grind that far into crafting really. I hope they morph things around and make each skill tree more appealing. The circular rotation in each tree makes you not really care about unlocking those high levels because there are too many ineffective or useless perks before it. Reduced crafting costs arent even needed because there's a surplus of them everywhere.. chance of free crafting makes components even more ineffective and then upgrading near the end of the tree isn't needed by then. They definitely got rushed.

I just unlocked the upgrading components for higher tiers at level 40. xD That may help a bit, but there isn't much reason to grind that far into crafting really. I hope they morph things around and make each skill tree more appealing. The circular rotation in each tree makes you not really care about unlocking those high levels because there are too many ineffective or useless perks before it. Reduced crafting costs arent even needed because there's a surplus of them everywhere.. chance of free crafting makes components even more ineffective and then upgrading near the end of the tree isn't needed by then. They definitely got rushed.

Yeah, once you get to level 18 where you unlock Unique Legendary items it becomes a waste of time. With the system as it is I am already OP and it is way too tedious to keep pushing forward.

Gear system needs to be redone. I think the whole item system, crafting included, needs time and love. What is there is very much something I have seen in early in house demo builds for concept. Even the gear system feels that way.

Gear score schemes would work well with this too. Especially post Main Story.

Last edited:
You know what. I would get rid of clothing with stats completely and only focus on cyberware, mods, attributes, and weapons. That way the player can look however they want and the customization is focused on what it should been. Modding though tech, leveling, and arsenal.

Basically over haul character gear progression completely.

Some mods could have negative affects. Ex. Overpowered: +dmg -integrity / Runs Hot: Higher rate of fire. Can overheat. / Light Load: Non lethal. Cannot Crit. Etc...

Add-on like scopes and silencers keep their properties. Add extended mags and different stocks. More or less bullets. More or less stability.

Really like those two. Also why don't some of the scopes (I'm looking at you CS-1 Taipan!) have uncommon and rare versions with different stats like others?

Really like those two. Also why don't some of the scopes (I'm looking at you CS-1 Taipan!) have uncommon and rare versions with different stats like others?
I haven't found those either. 180 hrs in and nope.

Thanks! I hope something is done. I am available if CDPR wants an actual designer to help.

Top Bottom