Romances are obviously designed by developers' prejudices and stereotypes!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the game and saw almost all the endings, I haven't managed to play for over 1 hour straight without a crash on PS5 (not even talking about bugs), the game has little to none significant choices and one of the worst looting system I've ever experienced in 25 years of gaming, but the real problem is that we can't fuck all the NPCs and can't run with my ding dong out in the streets of night city.

I think we should really reconsider our priorities in gaming.
Most of us here are concerned about a lot in this game. This is just one thread pertaining to one of those concerns. We can be angry about a lot of things all at once. Well, I'm mostly just angry about the people who want to fuck every character in Night City, running around thinking with their dicks. I'm angry about the people who want to change characters just to fit their preference. Fuck their preference.

Before the final chapter, where did she state that male V had no chance? The very first time I even had an option to flirt was when she invited me to go diving and was given the option to ask if it was a date. That's when she said "You're not my type, dude."

That's literally the start of her last side mission. Before that point, it was clear that she was into women, but that didn't mean she wasn't bisexual.

Thing is, bisexuals do mention men. Judy never once mentioned a dude. And you don't get flirt lines until to the part where she invites you for some diving, this was one big hint that she's not into men. But you kept flirting with her, didn't ya. :ohstopit:

I didn't see "dating sim" in the descriptions of this game. Maybe the problem isn't the game, but what YOU want out of it.
If you aren't interested in the "dating sim" aspects of the game why are you reading this thread? It IS part of the game, if you don't like people talking about it seems the problem is YOU and which threads you choose to read.

I think they simply need to make 4 equally well written characters.
Well, this threads existence is proof that isn't true. I know a lot of people love Judy, but I doubt I could possibly be less interested in cleaning up the sloppy seconds of a prostitute that f'ed me over earlier in the game. Panam however... ;)

I finished the game and saw almost all the endings, I haven't managed to play for over 1 hour straight without a crash on PS5 (not even talking about bugs), the game has little to none significant choices and one of the worst looting system I've ever experienced in 25 years of gaming, but the real problem is that we can't fuck all the NPCs and can't run with my ding dong out in the streets of night city.

I think we should really reconsider our priorities in gaming.

Totally agree!

There are so much problems in gaming department - lack of proper physics, collision system, cop system, loot system, inventory management, damage balancing, pedestrian behavior, uninteractive world, that even if there was only one option in romance, it would be the highlight of the game.

If you aren't interested in the "dating sim" aspects of the game why are you reading this thread? It IS part of the game, if you don't like people talking about it seems the problem is YOU and which threads you choose to read.

Well, this threads existence is proof that isn't true. I know a lot of people love Judy, but I doubt I could possibly be less interested in cleaning up the sloppy seconds of a prostitute that f'ed me over earlier in the game. Panam however... ;)
I'm not sure what you are saying. You got your option because you prefer Panam. That doesn't mean Judy is not well written. Unlike Kerry lol.

Why gay male character can't romance River Ward for example?
Is that because he is a "macho" character who doesn't "look gay"?

Why don't you think this is because River Ward is not gay? Omg.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Devs push the extra mile and add multitude of sexualities to the game and a variety of options to cater to these different tastes. The result? They get slammed that option/preference/fetish XYZ is missing or was portrayed wrong.

You can't win with these people.

It's pointless to even try.

The goalpost keeps moving.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Devs push the extra mile and add multitude of sexualities to the game and a variety of options to cater to these different tastes. The result? They get slammed that option/preference/fetish XYZ is missing or was portrayed wrong.

You can't win with these people.

It's pointless to even try.

The goalpost keeps moving.
Trust me, I wish that I could have nice things.

There is a gay trolling in this game too.

If you visit jig jig street and try to pay the "exotic dancer" to make some, you know, advanced dancing moves, you'll end up accidentaly hiring a male "adult entertainer".

This was the funniest thing this game provided for me. His reaction is priceless.

There is a second one, in Regina's mission, where you have to go unnoticed on the top of some building to steal info, and if you succed there'll be some bonus reward for V to collect.

When you get close to the location, you always have to pay the homeless guy because his talking option overlays the option to interact with the machine (and you can't kill him before donating some money).

If you visit jig jig street and try to pay the "exotic dancer" to make some, you know, advanced dancing moves, you'll end up accidentaly hiring a male "adult entertainer".

This was the funniest thing this game provided for me. His reaction is priceless.

There is a second one, in Regina's mission, where you have to go unnoticed on the top of some building to steal info, and if you succed there'll be some bonus reward for V to collect.

When you get close to the location, you always have to pay the homeless guy because his talking option overlays the option to interact with the machine (and you can't kill him before donating some money).
That is not gay trolling... that is just the guy who recorded being stupid lol. The joytoy icon on the map clearly indicates that NPC. Also he is an option for female players too. He is actually playersexual.
Post automatically merged:

Just another day in the life of a lesbian. I hate it.
I feel you. I'm actually really happy for Judy being in the game.

Actually if you looked into various messages, and her only mentioning women.. you get the gist. Literally all her exes were women only. An old crush she mentions in the diving scene, Maiko was her ex, and possibly Evelyn too. You just decided to ignore the stuff she says. Or maybe you didn't see them which is also ok.

Everyone have flirt line choices, even Kerry and Panam. In Judy's case, her preferences show in the game if you pay attention to what she says.

So... because she mentions that she had a same-sex relationship or two in the past, I'm supposed to automatically assume that's the only type of relationships she's into and thus I'm to blame for getting my hopes up? What kind of logic is that?

If they gave the option for male V to flirt early on in her side story, and she turned him down and clearly established that right off the bat, that's one thing. But, to keep the possibility of romancing her ambiguous all the way up to the final chapter of her story, and THEN suddenly give male V multiple chances to flirt - before and AFTER she says "you're not my type"?

Even you admitted earlier that you don't get why they did that.

Lmaoooooooo this made me tear up.
Edit: but yeah, not a trolling. He just didn't see the joytoy. :facepalm:

When lesbians have nice things, straight dudes come in screaming that a lesbian character doesn't want to fuck their male V and it's insulting. We can't win here either.

Amen to that.

Not to mention that we have 2 romantic interests for each gender and how many players exactly? Of course not everyone likes the cards they've been dealt. I was also kind of disappointed at first when my V could not romance River, but hey, it's how it is. Personally I find it really cool that these characters have their own sexuality. If CDPR made 5 choices for each gender or sexual orientation, people would still complain "Why can't I romance XYZ" or "Why can't XYZ be straight/gay/whatsoever". That's not how any of this sexuality-stuff works! :D

Also I'm reading a lot about stereo types. Don't unterstand that, but that's just me. I'd rather have one or two "Stereo-types" than 10 superficial options with no depth.

I'm optimistic that they will expand the amount of love interest somehow in the future, until then I'm happy with what we got.

The one thing about MALE V that bugs me with Judy is that after all of that crap... when she said im leaving the city he just said LATER... the fck man... give her a hug....CD project srsly was fcking up with male V on Judy... ok we GOT IT... cant have xxx with her but come on friends hug.. she is leaving the city... i was soo pissed about that ciuz she was an amazing friend that fck i cant hug her for goodbye and hell i am not a hugger ... pissed me off a lot...

Amen to that.

Not to mention that we have 2 romantic interests for each gender and how many players exactly? Of course not everyone likes the cards they've been dealt. I was also kind of disappointed at first when my V could not romance River, but hey, it's how it is. Personally I find it really cool that these characters have their own sexuality. If CDPR made 5 choices for each gender or sexual orientation, people would still complain "Why can't I romance XYZ" or "Why can't XYZ be straight/gay/whatsoever". That's not how any of this sexuality-stuff works! :D

Also I'm reading a lot about stereo types. Don't unterstand that, but that's just me. I'd rather have one or two "Stereo-types" than 10 superficial options with no depth.

I'm optimistic that they will expand the amount of love interest somehow in the future, until then I'm happy with what we got.
But Kerry has no dept. Is my complaint about him valid?

But Kerry has no dept. Is my complaint about him valid?

I do not know if it's valid, to be honest, because I really liked Kerry, his story about fame, depression and revenge and I chose to pursue the romance with him. Like I said before, I enjoyed his arc and the climax of it, but it does not mean others have to.

Generally, I would like if there was more content with your romantic partner, after you chose to be in a relationship with them. (In terms of like missions, etc.)

The one thing about MALE V that bugs me with Judy is that after all of that crap... when she said im leaving the city he just said LATER... the fck man... give her a hug....CD project srsly was fcking up with male V on Judy... ok we GOT IT... cant have xxx with her but come on friends hug.. she is leaving the city... i was soo pissed about that ciuz she was an amazing friend that fck i cant hug her for goodbye and hell i am not a hugger ... pissed me off a lot...
If I recall, she'll send you messages afterwards about her wellbeing how she's doing etc. Right? I'm not sure actually but i've heard she'll keep contact with ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom