Wakako Phone Bug

+
So Wakako calls me and just sits on the screen. I can't end the phone call. I can't save. I can't progress the story line. I can't fast travel. I can't use any computer or do any hacks as long as she is on my screen. Patch 1.05 does not fix this bug. Anyone have any suggestions what to do about this?

had the same issue, but fixed it by trying to call her on her phone.. her dialog with Rouge started immediately and i could progress the quest

I tried to call her before she calls me, but she still calls me while I'm calling her. Once she starts calling me, I can't call anybody else.

what i meant is when you enter the room and she is stuck calling, you call her, call wont connect, instead she will talk to rouge on the phone and you can continue the quest. but of course, i did reload the save before trying this, so maybe that is needed as well. anyway i could finish that quest afterwards.

Similar issue here man I'm on the phone with Delamain 24/7. I can't even complete his missions. In this last mission with Judy, we arrive at the check point and she just looks at me lol

The problem is that this has nothing to do with Rogue. She calls me about rescuing some woman who is being held hostage. Then when she hangs up, she calls right back and just sits there. I had another problem with her in the same area. I had to go to a shrine and upload malware or something, and when I leave the shrine, she calls and just sits there on the phone and says nothing. I even went to her shop and tried to speak to her face to face when this happened and when I walked in the shop, she asked me what I was there for all while I had her on the phone at the same time. I don't know what to do about this problem.

In my journal, I have a Gig called "Getting Warmer" that Wakako gave me before the bug happened but the strange thing is that I already completed this Gig, this Gig isn't supposed to appear in my journal. In the place where I did this Gig, I found 8ug8ear's body on the ground which is also weird because I delivered her in a car to complete the Gig. I think that the call from Wakako and this Gig are somehow related and that if the Gig is fixed, I won't receive a call from her again. A lot of people have issues with this particular Gig. Maybe check in your journal if you don't have the same problem as me. I contacted the support and asked them to fix it, the only thing I can do is wait now because there is nothing I can do about it, I gave up

Last edited:
I roamed around my quest tasks and discovered that there is a bugged track objective option on the quest where I had to save a netrunner lady. I've completed this ages ago during my first playthrough.
This said, my call is about Emilio G. and his wife's divorce. Meaning, if I read the thread correctly, that it's not the call that's bugged but the netrunner quest from earlier in the game?
As previously noted by Hariss24 - the Getting Warmer quest. It must be the problem. I went in and tried checking if I've forgotten something for both the Till Death Do Us Part and Getting Warmer quests, but it's not there. It's just bugged :/

EDIT: Just saw that they DID intentionally touch the Getting warmer quest in 1.05 I had zero issues before that :D

Last edited:
There was a bug I experienced early game, dunno if they fix it.

When receiving multiple call at once they would overlap so you would her 2 audios and 1 messed up character on the miniature.
There was also a bug were wakako would call and no audio could be head but V would still reply as if she was.

Also wasn't 1.05 supposed to fix T-posing?

Attachments

• photomode_21122020_213729.png
    photomode_21122020_213729.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 187
Never encountered this myself, but it's for a different thread.
The multiple calls overlapping may happen IRL too, if you're using standard non-digital services. I'm old enough to have experienced this! So to me, that's just realism haha

There was a bug I experienced early game, dunno if they fix it.

When receiving multiple call at once they would overlap so you would her 2 audios and 1 messed up character on the miniature.
There was also a bug were wakako would call and no audio could be head but V would still reply as if she was.

Also wasn't 1.05 supposed to fix T-posing?

I know, but for some reason the
If there are progression issues you can report them here:

(on this website, the same CDPR support article can be found for consoles too)
process wont' happen. I tried multiple times from multiple browsers (chrome, edge and firefox) :/ May be my saved games folder is too large who knows XD That's why I turned to the forums. Which helped me a lot (thanks, guys) because I now know it's not me, it's a known issue.

But did you try compressing the folder first (.zip), as is suggested on the support website? Perhaps that way it's small enough to be uploaded for support.

In my journal, I have a Gig called "Getting Warmer" that Wakako gave me before the bug happened but the strange thing is that I already completed this Gig, this Gig isn't supposed to appear in my journal. In the place where I did this Gig, I found 8ug8ear's body on the ground which is also weird because I delivered her in a car to complete the Gig. I think that the call from Wakako and this Gig are somehow related and that if the Gig is fixed, I won't receive a call from her again. A lot of people have issues with this particular Gig. Maybe check in your journal if you don't have the same problem as me. I contacted the support and asked them to fix it, the only thing I can do is wait now because there is nothing I can do about it, I gave up
That is just what happend to me, exactly the same thing

Glad to know I'm not the only one, if you can, please report this issue so this has more visibility

Does anyone know how to fix it? After tallking to Takemura in the "playing for time" quest I was supposed to call Judy but I couldn't. It was around the same time I got the 1.05 hotfix for PC (I don't know if it's relevant). Since then everytime someone calls, V picks up and says something like "I don't have time." and hangs up. I can't continue with the main quest without ii. Is it a bug? Or I did something? Is there a way to solve this problem?

I'm in the same situation and Wakako is a ticking time bomb on my save. I went back to a manual save 7 hours before this bug showed up and after I went through and completed some more quests to get back to the point I was, the same damn thing happened. It soft locks the game and I REALLY don't want to throw away this save in favor of a new game. Attaching a screen shot below because there are numerous gigs that never fully completed and I assume that one of them is tied to this soft lock. It's not related to any area of the game because the call can come through anywhere. It's simply how much time I spend in the game because the in-game time is almost identical every time it happens.

1608682850902.png

Guys, I just fixed my problem and I think Wakako won't call me again now. What I did was to call someone else and stay on phone with him for a long time (I was roaming around the city on my bike) until Wakako calls while I'm on the phone and then I hung up the call with the dude I was in a call with but it also ended the call with Wakako. You have to be lucky though because I don't know if that will work for you too.
Hope it will fix the problem for some of you

Top Bottom