Occasional massive performance drop since patch 1.05

+
I use a 2070 super on a Ryzen 5 3600x and since the beginning I was using the optimal settings from nvidia geforce experience and got great results (55-60fps with performance DLSS on 4k with RTX off) until the last update 1.05. Since then I made no change in hardware or settings, but from time to time the performance drops significantly (to 15-25 fps), especially in dialogue scenes. The update was supposed to improve the Ryzen somehow, but it seems to have made the performance unstable for me. Any idea what I should do? Even reducing settings (e.g. DLSS high performance) does not bring the fps back to 60. When restarting the game is sometimes back to normal. Is there anything coming with the next patch?

I don't know what exactly the next hotfix will bring, but it sounds like a good idea to report this issue to CDPR support:
(click on Contact Us to send a ticket)

The settings are still the same after hotfix 1.05? Closing GeForce Experience doesn't change anything either?
Did you install an AMD related mod during 1.04?

I use a 2070 super on a Ryzen 5 3600x and since the beginning I was using the optimal settings from nvidia geforce experience and got great results (55-60fps with performance DLSS on 4k with RTX off) until the last update 1.05. Since then I made no change in hardware or settings, but from time to time the performance drops significantly (to 15-25 fps), especially in dialogue scenes. The update was supposed to improve the Ryzen somehow, but it seems to have made the performance unstable for me. Any idea what I should do? Even reducing settings (e.g. DLSS high performance) does not bring the fps back to 60. When restarting the game is sometimes back to normal. Is there anything coming with the next patch?
I have an RTX 2070 max q for my gaming laptop I just bought, RT on med (Lighting only) with ultra performance and still slutters if it drops bellow 60fps. I have to play without raytracing. Really trying to make the game/ settings work for me, I can relate bro.
Post automatically merged:

I also put crowd density to Medium.

It seems to be getting worse, some quests are unplayable (e.g. bring in the clown, right at the beginning when he enters your car after honking, the fps drop to 10-15). I did a bench to see if my hardware is failing, but it seems to be fine. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37345380
Guess I will take a timeout until the next patch.

I download right now the whole game again, (rolling back). No performence drops with 1.05 but lod issues.

I don't know what exactly the next hotfix will bring, but it sounds like a good idea to report this issue to CDPR support:
(click on Contact Us to send a ticket)

The settings are still the same after hotfix 1.05? Closing GeForce Experience doesn't change anything either?
Did you install an AMD related mod during 1.04?

Hotfix? Any information when?
Or you mean the "big patch" for janauary?

I download right now the whole game again, (rolling back). No performence drops with 1.05 but lod issues.

Hotfix? Any information when?
Or you mean the "big patch" for janauary?
with lod you mean level of detail?

Some update got pushed to steam right now, and now it is .. better, kinda? Same scene has 45-55fps now, but i seem to have some stuttering. I will try again tomorrow

update: no it seems to have gotten even worse at some points. i reduced from 4k to full hd, but sometimes i only get 14fps. strage: GPU is also below 50% usage at times, as if CP is not even trying to use it. CPU is also far below 50% usage at all times

Another update: I seem to be able to reproduce it: on SECOND load with HDR on the performance drops. First load after game restart is fine. Switch HDR off in windows with no changes in game settings -> first and second load has a stable 60fps in the same conversation. Sadly, I got used to HDR and without it the game does not look so nice ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom