Mantis Blades / Gorilla Fists scale way, way too poorly.

+
LOL. "They only hit for a few thousand". Well, the good news is that enemies only have "a few thousand" hit points at most, so it doesn't matter if they don't scale much beyond that

It does because I needed to get to level 50, with 50 Reflex, 50 Body and 50 Cool with the best Cyberware and gear full of Crit Damage, Crit Change, Damage Increase and the best Mods for Mantis Blades.

They never ever compared to Katanas in the least.

It does because I needed to get to level 50, with 50 Reflex, 50 Body and 50 Cool with the best Cyberware and gear full of Crit Damage, Crit Change, Damage Increase and the best Mods for Mantis Blades.

They never ever compared to Katanas in the least.

"Needed"? Not even remotely true. You don't "need" those kinds of stats to completely trivialize this game. It doesn't matter if the arm weapons don't share parity with the uber-one-hit-kill-the-planet katana for the reason I already gave.

What makes the complaint even more ridiculous is that you can find the legendary Monowire at around level 5 in Act 1, and you can grab the legendary Mantis Claws at the start of Act 2, neither of which cost a thing.

"Needed"? Not even remotely true. You don't "need" those kinds of stats to completely trivialize this game.

Obviously. But that doesn't change the fact that they're completely awful in comparison. The damage is the least concern. The biggest concern is the locked animation that can happen even from just normal clicks.

Do they scale poorly because they don't upgrade per level gain like most new loot you get? - are locked at the level you pick them up at basically?

Like I can see that say getting a set of mantis blades or picking up the gold mantis blades in city center at lvl 14 would be different than picking them up at level 50.

I am happy with the Gorilla Arms because as someone who as of level 45 hasn't invested a single point into body, they are carrying me through all the fighting quests. That's really all I wanted out of them....to bring some impossible fights down to tough but doable....and they are doing that. As for the mantis blades....I mean they're free....if you don't like them then nothing is lost.

My issue with these cyberwares is that there is not costumization i see npc's with cool arm colors and me just a skin pattern..

Here is a video where I use Gorilla Arms + shotgun against enemies above my level (orange)

i don't even use the skill that gives +100% blunt damage on kill because it would be too OP and too easy. Still, the arms do the job.

i still have to use a shotgun otherwise I get killed because enemies hurt on Very Hard difficulty. With the skill that gives +100% blunt damage on kill you can go full melee easily and destroy everything with the Gorilla Arms.

Here is the question tho.

Outside of roleplaying reasons, why bother taking anything over the laucher? It's guaranteed ranged 1 hit kockout with the tranq shot with no cooldown or ammo restrictions, and you need 0 stats or perks for it.

Here is the question tho.

Outside of roleplaying reasons, why bother taking anything over the laucher? It's guaranteed ranged 1 hit kockout with the tranq shot with no cooldown or ammo restrictions, and you need 0 stats or perks for it.
Well in my case I bought the Gorilla Arms because my level 45 character who has a body of 3 can't win boxing matches and only the Gorilla Arms are allowed in boxing matches....and I didn't want to fail all the boxing quests since I can't sneak and hack enemies in a boxing match.

So for characters who are not built for body at all the Gorilla Arms bring genuine benefit by allowing those characters to do something that otherwise would be borderline impossible. The rocket launcher arms would be arguably better but I just don't need them...I don't lack for means to kill enemies.

Well in my case I bought the Gorilla Arms because my level 45 character who has a body of 3 can't win boxing matches and only the Gorilla Arms are allowed in boxing matches....and I didn't want to fail all the boxing quests since I can't sneak and hack enemies in a boxing match.

That's an exception, and has literally nothing to do with general gameplay.

That's an exception, and has literally nothing to do with general gameplay.
Hard to say how many people do not build their character with body in mind. Only CDPR might know that. But really...for general gameplay there's no shortage of weapons and skills with which to kill enemies....for stealth characters loud weapons are just not going to be that desirable. The Gorilla Arms literally let me do something I otherwise couldn't while the rocket launcher arms I just don't care for....I can shut down enemies or get them to off themselves or snipe them with silenced weapons and if that fails I have very effective smart and tech weaponry. I just don't see anything desirable in rocket launcher arms.

Hard to say how many people do not build their character with body in mind. Only CDPR might know that. But really...for general gameplay there's no shortage of weapons and skills with which to kill enemies....for stealth characters loud weapons are just not going to be that desirable. The Gorilla Arms literally let me do something I otherwise couldn't while the rocket launcher arms I just don't care for....I can shut down enemies or get them to off themselves or snipe them with silenced weapons and if that fails I have very effective smart and tech weaponry. I just don't see anything desirable in rocket launcher arms.
you probably don't really need body if you go for a reflexes build. though body 7 is recommended to use sniper rifles better, body 9 at least if you are melee because that gives you a bonus to melee damage (with blades even and body 11/12 have interesting perk unlocks too. But everything over body 12 begins to look lackluster compared with what you get in comparison with high reflexes, int tech or cool. Sandevistan slow mode is as good or even better than berserk so not much missing there.

you probably don't really need body if you go for a reflexes build. though body 7 is recommended to use sniper rifles better, body 9 at least if you are melee because that gives you a bonus to melee damage (with blades even and body 11/12 have interesting perk unlocks too. But everything over body 12 begins to look lackluster compared with what you get in comparison with high reflexes, int tech or cool. Sandevistan slow mode is as good or even better than berserk so not much missing there.

No need to put a single point into body if you go with reflex, you're not getting hit, and the extra melee damage is complete overkill.

Here is the way to build your char. Tech and Cool for all characters, the bonuses and perks from these 2 are too good to pass up. Then you can choose body, int or reflex. There is so much overlap and you can only use 1 of the cyberwear things anyway that you're just wasting points. You can still get body 8 to use all weapons if you go with 20 on reflex, tech and cool. Even if you never use stealth, the headshot bonuses from sneak and overall bonuses from cold blood are too good to pass up, same with the tech perks because crafted iconic weapons just destroy everything.

That is, IF you want to min-max. The game doesn't require you to at all, there is no content in the game even on Very Hard that requires min-maxing.

No need to put a single point into body if you go with reflex, you're not getting hit, and the extra melee damage is complete overkill.

Here is the way to build your char. Tech and Cool for all characters, the bonuses and perks from these 2 are too good to pass up. Then you can choose body, int or reflex. There is so much overlap and you can only use 1 of the cyberwear things anyway that you're just wasting points. You can still get body 8 to use all weapons if you go with 20 on reflex, tech and cool. Even if you never use stealth, the headshot bonuses from sneak and overall bonuses from cold blood are too good to pass up, same with the tech perks because crafted iconic weapons just destroy everything.

That is, IF you want to min-max. The game doesn't require you to at all, there is no content in the game even on Very Hard that requires min-maxing.

in general for I find 20 reflexes/20 cool a must - those trees are so good and open up everything you would want- handguns, snipers, blades. After that there is a hard pill to swallow if you want high int for the hacking or high tech for crafting and weapons. If you're hacking you are not weapon item dependent.

in general for I find 20 reflexes/20 cool a must - those trees are so good and open up everything you would want- handguns, snipers, blades. After that there is a hard pill to swallow if you want high int for the hacking or high tech for crafting and weapons. If you're hacking you are not weapon item dependent.

The thing is, you can't hack if you have sandevistan equipped and that thing makes you LITERALLY unkillable. If you want to play with hacks, go int instead of reflex.

Guys in my game enemies not dying, they just staying on groud with pain. How can i solve this? When i log into another save it is normal. But i played about 40 hours can i solve this? Or i gotta play again?

Guys in my game enemies not dying, they just staying on groud with pain. How can i solve this? When i log into another save it is normal. But i played about 40 hours can i solve this? Or i gotta play again?
Put one more bullet into them while on the ground...that should do it. If not then you probably have a weapon or mod that prohibits killing.

Weapon mod, or more likely, you attached a mod to your eye socket that turns every weapon in the game into non lethal.

Btw, there are upgraded gorilla arms and fists in the game. I've already seen rare versions at ripperdocs, so it's possible that there are legendary somewhere as well.

Yeah i don't use mantis blades because the animation isn't quite right yet, but i can get behind the monowire on my netrunner build :oops:

A Katana with points in Blades and Cold Blood will 1 shot everyone with light attack on very hard. With the perk from stealth that doubles damage from stealth and the Katana with bonus dmg on heavy attacks, you can 1 shot bosses on very hard. With Sandevistan, they don't react fast enough to get you into combat. You can literally kill everything without ever getting shot/hit back in the game with that setup.

I'm currently lvl42 on my run and I haven't died since level 5 or something.
I am using sandevistan mk4, you can buy it of Viktor. I use this one because it's slows time for 16 seconds. I fill two slots with 70% stealth mods (so reduction by a lot). The third slot is extra crit chance. I have a lot off perks in baldes. With my satori (katana) with extra crit chance as mods and extra deadeye('s) cloth mods in my cloths... I am destroying even very high enemies on very hard mode. The only problem with sandevistan is you can't spam light attacks more than you would expect because of a bug. This is especially annoying if you want to destroy enemies with mantis blades.

The most fun I have is being almost practically invisible because of two mods called Sandevistan: Arasaka Software.

Top Bottom