[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
First can you share some fan art? I would love to see it. Second no one here will be here for more than a year or two at best. Many people wont replay the game because they dont see point of putting themselves in misery
Don't think I'm allowed to self promote

I do feel going with the story where V is placed in engram is a better choice for a story in a way of course with the fact that V doesn't have 6 months expiration date.
To be an Arasaka property in Micoshi i think is the worst prospective. Only if you really hopeless and have 0 friends and lovers.

in this game many people have died starting with act 1. Why can't V die ?. Only because he is the protagonist and in all games, or almost, the protagonist lives? In my opinion that's right, from the beginning the imprint is those, but it is obvious that without a final scene you will never know if V will die or be able to save himself.

One thing we know for sure is that CDPR will notice the drop in number of daily players, as well as the low number of players going for 2nd playthroughs, which you can obviously attribute to the ending.
Post automatically merged:

in this game many people have died starting with act 1. Why can't V die ?. Only because he is the protagonist and in all games, or almost, the protagonist lives? In my opinion that's right, from the beginning the imprint is those, but it is obvious that without a final scene you will never know if V will die or be able to save himself.
Let's kill the protagonist of the game and just watch a bunch of cutscenes, or let AI play the game for us (nonexistent). WHAT A GREAT IDEA! CDPR SHOULD HIRE YOU!

I hated Keanu's character writing so I shot myself.

Why? To Quote Good Will Hunting "because fuck him that's why".

Story arc makes zero sense to me and this ending is the only logical one for it and the one which gives you any control and an ending that doesn't pretend to be something else.

Why did we get Johnny's story and not V's?

I hate the endings, but I never thought they were meant to be continued. That's why I'm here asking for a new/better ending. I won't be playing any cdpr games either, unless they fix this one.
better yet if cdpr follow EA's shoes by not doing anything at all you best pack up your funding and move it elsewhere. customers are also investors too.

Story arc makes zero sense to me and this ending is the only logical one for it and the one which gives you any control and an ending that doesn't pretend to be something else.

Did you see where V shot the bullet? could have shot it in the air...

1608673447729.png

Don't think so. In the Witcher 3 we also had 3 story lines: Velen, Novigrad and Skellige, and then big main quest.
Here we also have 3 story lines and after that main quest. Looks very similar. And only main story is short, but the amount of side quests are huge.

Don't think so. In the Witcher 3 we also had 3 story lines: Velen, Novigrad and Skellige, and then big main quest.
Here we also have 3 story lines and after that main quest. Looks very similar. And only main story is short, but the amount of side quests are huge.

can we really judge cyberpunk by the witcher's timetable though?

do you think that the ending was supposed to be the halfway mark, but was turned into the ending as the dev team ran out of time?

To me its hard to say. Mostly because I still have not seen the endings myself (no intention to do so for now...) and only rely on what I read here...

But what makes me wonder are some things: Why six months, the exact amount as in the prologue/montage with Jackie until the heist? Victor was not specific in Act 1 about how long, now you get this amount of time. Why not a year? Symbolic maybe, as you also seem to have had a great time with Jackie in six months, and it is supposed to remind you of this...

Or it is indeed a setup for the next stage/timeskip.

Another thing making me wonder is Saburo taking over his son's body. Does it happen in all endings? Or just in one?
Because Saburo coming back seems like a big fucking deal. Now I do not know: is 2077 also an RPG-P&P setting, or just the vid-game? Because if the events of the vidgame are canon for also a P&P edition of the game, as sometimes is the case, then Saburo coming back or not ... is something that needs to be adressed properly I think.

Same in a smaller way with Johnny, who at least to the lore is kinda important. Though whether he vanishes again in the shadows or not and is dead again doesn't matter as much as the Emperor returning...

Then there is Alt, the Voodoo clan, the Black Wall, and what is beyond.

To me, in some ways these endings feel a little like a "mid season" break of a series...you have seen six episodes, Ivar the Boneless rules surpreme over Kattegat, his enemies are scattered into the wind, in exile etc...a bleak ending, but many unresolved story threads and arcs left.

Now however I also don't wanna hope for too much and restrain myself. A Veteran of the "Mass Effect shitstorm-war" as me had so, so, so many ideas and hopes that Bioware only wanted to use their endings for a clever new DLC following up (and I will die on the hill that the Indoc-Theory is fucking BRILLIANT!), but all they ever did was putting band-aid on a rotten corpse...

Cyberpunk takes around 47 hours to complete the story + side missions, The Witcher 3 takes 105 hours on average to do that.

Mhm, I just thought about a DLC to fix the endings and I came to realize that it really would be a shitty move, especially if you ask for money.

I mean I would still buy it, but it is scummy.

Here is a comparison using their other franchise of The Witcher:

Imagine Witcher 3 ends after the Battle or Kaer Morhen.

You accomplish the mission, Ciri is alive. You lost Vesemir and other friends, but your goal is achieved, Ciri is here.
Cut to the credits boys, we done.

Same as in Cyberpunk, your goal of survival is fullfilled or you are free/Johnny is free. Except for the suicide ending, you somehow are still there. In different forms sure, but still there. Goal achieved.

Back to Witcher 3.

So after we celebrate that Ciri is alive and well, we drunkenly realize that the Wild Hunt still exists. Oops.
You and Ciri probably have some weeks left, before those guys appear again and end their work for good. so you are on a timer.
Sounds familiar?

Here comes Cyberpunk again slapping you in the face with the 6 months.

But you know what, you might get that fixed in the DLC that will come out next year! That you have to pay for. And it will probably actually be a DLC with Johnny in 2020, huehuehue.
Not telling you haha.

Now imagine if Witcher 3 did this, around the likes of:

Well yeah, the Wild Hunt is still around and you are in sooo much danger to lose Ciri. But hey, we got a DLC coming up.
But we won't tell you if you really go and defeat the Wild Hunt. It might also be a Gwent tournament DLC, yaaay!
Tension is good, right?
Oh, and you have to pay for it.

My point here is that you should never be in the situation where a DLC has to conclude your base game. It is terrible writing.

If Witcher 3 would have been handled like this CDPR wouldn't exist anymore.

Instead you should have a self-concluding base game and build DLC upon that. W3 already had fine endings, in came B&W and kicked it even higher. THAT is how you should do it.

And if you really need to have a cliffhangar ending, because you want to start a trilogy or franchise, make it unmistakeanably clear that loose ends will be adressed in the sequel.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Top Bottom