'CDPR had their hands tied by investor and shareholder interests! Its not their fault!'

+

So, where should we shift the blame to next? We've gone from blaming the customers, to blaming the investors. Now both of these claims have been disproven, whose fault is this?
How many more times will you people blinded by consumerism move the goal posts in defense of this corporation?

Last edited:
Imo, every single person in this company is responsible. Any one of them could have anonymously blown the whistle on this but chose to allow their employers to lie, manipulate, and rip off millions. There needs to be some kind of regulation on software that would hold stiff penalties for blatant lies to sell a broken product.

If its not ready, dont release it or be heavily punished. Ea sports would be screwed yearly.

Imo, every single person in this company is responsible. Any one of them could have anonymously blown the whistle on this but chose to allow their employers to lie, manipulate, and rip off millions. There needs to be some kind of regulation on software that would hold stiff penalties for blatant lies to sell a broken product.

If its not ready, dont release it or be heavily punished. Ea sports would be screwed yearly.

All that's required for Evil to win is that good men do nothing.

CPDR

So, where should we shift the blame to next? We've gone from blaming the customers, to blaming the investors. Now both of these claims have been disproved, whose fault is this?
How many more times will you people blinded by consumerism move to goal posts in defense of this corporation?
CDPR used to be a private company. They like $$$ so now they're public. They did this to themselves. No one forced them to have their hands tied by shareholders.

Last edited:
Did anyone take Bethesdia to court over Fall Out 76 complete failure... from reports even worse than CP 2077?

I also wonder if the huge negative response, by the gaming community in Novembers delay, also had a big part in Decembers release. Death threats do tend to have an effect on people. I get very annoyed at youtube channels saying 'people would understand another delay', when ignoring Novembers hissy fits. So NO, the results would be the same if not worse if they delayed again.

In essence all are to blame in one form or another. It is done, its out and has a lot of potential; now lets be part of the solution, and not part of the problem, and help with making the game a much better success

Thing is not a single developer can do anything without facing a lawsuit. You as a software developer have to sign mandatory NDA. So the best you can do is anonymous tips and you were careful enough to not get yourself exposed. So no matter how much you think it is justified to call developers responsible or lazy, well you better stop, because you know nothing about what you are talking about.

This happens all the time after "shareholders" f over a company then wreck it even further when their ignorance led the company to failure. Redirect blame, sue to get your lost money back and exit stage left without you taking any actual loss.... the company then has to either sink or swim...

This is why you should never take your ideas public or ever bring anyone into your business as an investor. If you can't fund it yourself, it ain't the right time for it.

Understand these "boards" are typically unqualified individuals(they may have credentials, but it doesn't make them qualified) who do not care about whatever a company is doing or what they want to do.. they want positive ROIs. These "boards" & "investors" aren't a cohesive likeminded unit out to cater to fans and supporters.

Did anyone take Bethesdia to court over Fall Out 76 complete failure... from reports even worse than CP 2077?

I also wonder if the huge negative response, by the gaming community in Novembers delay, also had a big part in Decembers release. Death threats do tend to have an effect on people. I get very annoyed at youtube channels saying 'people would understand another delay', when ignoring Novembers hissy fits. So NO, the results would be the same if not worse if they delayed again.

In essence all are to blame in one form or another. It is done, its out and has a lot of potential; now lets be part of the solution, and not part of the problem, and help with making the game a much better success

And there's the largest source of blame, complacent gamers who bend over to defend "their" developer. The rabid assholes making threats then make the general public dismiss everything as over-reaction and being ungrateful.

Going public was probably the worst thing the company could of done. We have seen it time and time again. As soon as the company goes public the games start to suck.

It becomes a product, no longer a labor of love.

And there's the largest source of blame, complacent gamers who bend over to defend "their" developer. The rabid assholes making threats then make the general public dismiss everything as over-reaction and being ungrateful.
agreed, however I doubt CDPR got any credible death threats. If there were any death threats that WERE credible, I would default to assuming they were acting on the investors interests. I don't take the death threat thing seriously when there are no arrests or charges to back them up. Its a scapegoat imo.
Us consumers do need to be wiser with our purchases though.

Thing is not a single developer can do anything without facing a lawsuit. You as a software developer have to sign mandatory NDA. So the best you can do is anonymous tips and you were careful enough to not get yourself exposed. So no matter how much you think it is justified to call developers responsible or lazy, well you better stop, because you know nothing about what you are talking about.
If there is legislation to protect the company, and if we assume this won't ever change, us consumers need equal protection too under legislation. The devs can do their thing and not have a moral pressure to become an insider or leaker, while consumers should have legal protection with their purchase. CDPR is just abusing the same qualified immunities that other tech companies like Facebook, Twitter, and other big names abuse too.
They can virtually do anything they want and say anything they want.
I am right wing politically, and a free market capitalist--however this now has crossed the line. Now that even CDPR is doing this. This is a monopoly of products from corporations who have no interest in self policing themselves or being honest. Healthy competition that benefits the consumer and increases the quality of products is not happening and will not happen now that these companies have their multi billion dollar niches in the entertainment market.
What CDPR has done would be considered a bait and switch in any other industry.

So, where should we shift the blame to next? We've gone from blaming the customers, to blaming the investors. Now both of these claims have been disproved, whose fault is this?
How many more times will you people blinded by consumerism move to goal posts in defense of this corporation?

Everyone's a little to blame. The management got an inflated ego, promised things that weren't true and wouldn't listen.

Investors probably got impatient. Management and investors wanted payout before holidays.

The people at Microsoft and Sony that handled submission are also to blame. They passed the game when it shouldn't have passed. The "They trusted our word" excuse only works as far as day0/day 1 patch. That's how submissions work most of the time. They pass conditionally. The condition being that certain issues be fixed, which is why those day 0/day 1 patches exist. I know. I work in QA and deal with submissions and submission builds all the time. Even with the day 0/day 1 patch applied, there's absolutely no way this game should have passed submission.

Having failed submission would have forced the game into delay, and there's no amount of Management or investor whining that would have changed that. They would have had to opt to a PC only release for the time being, which I doubt they would have done, or delay the whole thing, which would have given them much more time to fix the game and work on those features that were promised.

Eventually all comes down to greed, everyones wants to make as much as possible with least resources used. Ofcourse who gets fucked the most, those who had to crunch this shit

agreed, however I doubt CDPR got any credible death threats. If there were any death threats that WERE credible, I would default to assuming they were acting on the investors interests. I don't take the death threat thing seriously when there are no arrests or charges to back them up. Its a scapegoat imo.
Us consumers do need to be wiser with our purchases though.

If there is legislation to protect the company, and if we assume this won't ever change, us consumers need equal protection too under legislation. The devs can do their thing and not have a moral pressure to become an insider or leaker, while consumers should have legal protection with their purchase. CDPR is just abusing the same qualified immunities that other tech companies like Facebook, Twitter, and other big names abuse too.
They can virtually do anything they want and say anything they want.
I am right wing politically, and a free market capitalist--however this now has crossed the line. Now that even CDPR is doing this. This is a monopoly of products from corporations who have no interest in self policing themselves or being honest. Healthy competition that benefits the consumer and increases the quality of products is not happening and will not happen now that these companies have their multi billion dollar niches in the entertainment market.
What CDPR has done would be considered a bait and switch in any other industry.

Death threats are unfortunately common and I've not only seen them but got them. People make horrible people, dogs are better.

The problems are 5 things in general and while i do not know or care who said them or greenlighted them they are to blame for those 5 points. I still believe however that blaming does absolutely not benefit anyone in any way shape or form it just makes it easy for some ppl to boost their own ego.

Anyway the 5 things.

1. False advertisment.
You know the trailers, the interviews or the narration in which they told you what kind of things you can do, how much influence you have over the world, how you can customize cars, apartments and your character and so on and so forth. Well turns out not even 20% of that is true and that makes alot of ppl realize in their 2nd attempt that there is nothing new or different in the entire game. So if someone plays the game once he can get the impression or illusion that the choices made could have been better only to realize there is no alternative to anything.

2. Delaying "it is done when it is done" should have been the mantra.
You know when a company tells you "it is done when it is done" you know that they don't want to rush things and take their time to give you a polished product. However these words turn sour in your mouth once we go from that to the "we will realease (insert date) which is followed by "delayed again"! You then start to realize 2 possible scenarios. Either they run into some issues again and need to fix them before release or someone has no clue what he is talking about and makes release dates just up before even talking to the dev team on how long it would take them to actually finish said issues. Either way communication seems to have alot of problems.

3. Management.
If management knew the state of the game is not what the finished product should be they should have said so. And if they didn't knew they should have communicated better with the ppl who DO know these kind of things. The fact is management deserves critique on this one simply because you either know or you don't know. But if you don't know why you go public saying all is fine and well and the game is amazing when it isn't? And if you in fact DID know. Why on earth you go public and lie? Either way makes no sense.

4. Deadline and ignoring the devs.
Probably a huge red flag is the fact that so many devs are now angry with management after crunching for 8 years on this game only to see it ripped apart by an unrealistic deadline, angry shareholders and after that angry fans not getting what was promised. They sit in between management and the fanbase and get it from both sides. Not only do i not agree with the fact that you can ignore your devs when they tell you certain things need time (Yell at a tree and see how much faster it grows) and push them beyond their limits with crunch and working overtime again and again to finish a deadline that is beyond realisitc. I refuse to accept the crunch in general regardless who you are or what you demand. I rather wait 15 years for a good game and play 3 to 5 games in my entire life worth the wait then yearly generic copied crap in different colours.
You want to be the best company for gamers out there? Start with your devs and create a better workplace.

5. Blaming!
Probably the biggest problem is the blame. Blame management. Blame the devs. Blame shareholders, Blame the gaming industry, Blame Covid 19. Blame everyone. What does that accomplish? Ah yes literally nothing aside from raising your blood pressure.
Mistakes are made, Problems are there, Mistakes are there to learn from them. Problems are there to be fixed or worked on. So instead of pointing the finger at each other how about taking this opportunity and improve whatever you can. Work on your game and give it your all. Make it the best version you wanted to be once you started this project and everything will be fine.

That includes the fanbase. What does it help if you know (insert group here) was responsible for this mess? Go to twitter to insult them? Or write and angry email? Wtf for? It accomplishes nothing and only gives the ppl of CDPR a bad time. And trust me they are the most angry group about all of this. We know they can do amazing stuff with games so lets wait and watch them how they handle this. Anything else does literally 0 for us or them.

And yes my post contradicts itself a bit. That is on purpose and should make you start thinking on what blaming accomplishes for you.

Top Bottom