January and Feburary Big updates, what to excpect ?

+
A lot more bug fixes especially broken quest that are still broken, with January and February patch game will be back online for PS and Xbox.
Ai improvement but no quiet yet there.
After, probably gameplay mechanic balance, new game plus, some random generated quest (probably to fix the ammount of cash needed to buy all veichles) and veichle physix fix.
A long road ahead, first DLC not before summer 2021

The Senior Quest Designer retweeted an article saying that people had unrealistic expectations.

Yeah, tell him we're sorry for reading every news article that came out with devs being interviewed and promissing a million things that just weren't true. Promisses 1,000 NPCS with daily routines then releases a game with squating brain-dead A.I,

Lifepaths choices worth only 10 minutes of unique gameplay instead of a whole different section leading to the heist (5 hours or so) / bunch of scrapped or missing features (basic features that 2001 games have) , save-files with 8mb limits and the list goes on.

Sorry Patrick, guess my expectations were too unrealistic, I was thinking it would be a half a million dollars AAA game and not some Alpha Trial Version. Love the side quests and the main plotline but fuck, this feels unfinished as hell.

I have anything but a short memory. Let's go back 3 years, are all the witcher 3 developers still working at CDPR though? Did you forget all the staff who quit and many jumped ship to blizzard & riot, and that the creative director even left last year to work for Blizzard? Did you forget about CDPR's announcement on twitter acknowledging the departures and never denying any of the statements made about people jumping ship. In their statement they didn't deny the Witcher 3 devs were leaving because they got denied raises & promotions after that games success.
They didnt' deny that their developers were complaining about PR's overblown statements and crunch they go through.
We were warned year after year by their employees that this game was going to end up this way, and now everyone has goldfish memory. No one thought something was up when the big names jumped ship last year?

We could literally look at the credits at the end of the game, and compare them to witcher 3 and who do you recognize besides Adam Badowski? My point is I'm not going to expect Witcher 3 quality from a different team of people.

View attachment 11107736

i can still see some people in the credits that are there since Witcher 1...

So we all know there is two big update coming in january and feburary, but what to excpect from this two patchs ?

My Game was until Patch 1.05 playable. Now, with 1.05 my whole pc freezes after few minutes of playing and i have to do a hard reset and now we should wait until the second week of January until the next patch appears, which may make the game playable again.

That one with the staff and that what the Senior Quest Designer said is a shame and another horror story in the book of unthold stories of cdp and just another coffin nail in their reputation. From now on i expect nothing than more of these bad news.

Just like the CDP staff, I had to work very hard all year round and looked forward to the few days off during the holidays to be able to play CP2077. That won't work now, thanks for nothing.

Regards and sorry for my bad english.

I have anything but a short memory. Let's go back 3 years, are all the witcher 3 developers still working at CDPR though? Did you forget all the staff who quit and many jumped ship to blizzard & riot, and that the creative director even left last year to work for Blizzard? Did you forget about CDPR's announcement on twitter acknowledging the departures and never denying any of the statements made about people jumping ship. In their statement they didn't deny the Witcher 3 devs were leaving because they got denied raises & promotions after that games success.
They didnt' deny that their developers were complaining about PR's overblown statements and crunch they go through.
We were warned year after year by their employees that this game was going to end up this way, and now everyone has goldfish memory. No one thought something was up when the big names jumped ship last year?

We could literally look at the credits at the end of the game, and compare them to witcher 3 and who do you recognize besides Adam Badowski? My point is I'm not going to expect Witcher 3 quality from a different team of people.

View attachment 11107736

I wouldn't trust Glassdoor, even more now when thousands/millions of people are upset with CDPR.

Personally I doubt they will postpone plans for releasing new content. I think content we saw in the gameplays before release were almost ready, but not 100% ready to put it in the game for release. So I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in next two patches for example NewGame+ or some mechanics we already saw but are not in the game right now.

For example NewGame+ was released to Witcher 3 after 4 months (17. May vs 17. August) and February is 3rd month of Cyberpunk, also it was released between patch 1.08 and 1.10. Patch 1.10 was big performance patch.

Another example is very small, but Ballad Heroes gwent card set was released right after game release, so way before game was polished.

But we should expect nothing big, but bug and glitch fixes, AI improvements and performance improvements. Anything more is welcome.

EDIT: As I said in another thread... NCPD chases are already in the game and it's not scripted! Unfortunately it's not working properly at this moment so it's disabled in open world and police just teleporting right behind you. So maybe we can see it if they will be able to fix it.

The Senior Quest Designer retweeted an article saying that people had unrealistic expectations. So I am not going to expect this game to get the no man's sky treatment. Also I think it's naive to take CDPR for their word after the stunts they just pulled. Heck, they were even lying by saying the day 1 patch was going to turn it into a completely different game (and it didn't).

Their priority is and has always been about money. To stop the refund train they're going to only focus on bug fixes & performance to get their game back on the playstation store. They aren't going to improve the gameplay unless there were mass refunds.
I expect the game to still be a buggy mess even after the February patch, anyone who trusts CDPR that these patches are going to fix the game after they lied about the day 1 patch is naive.

All company lies to get money. Just look here what Rockstar did with GTA 4, PC players got the treatement console players are getting now

With CDPR's future looking so questionable (lost 1 billion dollars, investors filing lawsuits) we may be lucky to see this game fixed much beyond its current state.

With CDPR's future looking so questionable (lost 1 billion dollars, investors filing lawsuits) we may be lucky to see this game fixed much beyond its current state.
IGN just posted Cyberpunk 2077 has sold over 13 million copies, even with refunds factored in.

No one really knows. So far, CDPR has been very quiet about the game (not surprisingly).

Unless they make a public statement, we'll have to wait for the first big patch. If the first big patch contains little new content, then it seems likely the future patches will be lackluster as well.

I don't think retweets can be linked, when I tried to copy the link and paste it.. it just sent me to the tweet he was retweeting.

You can just go to his twitter and scroll down to the december 16th retweet. He didn't delete it.

View attachment 11107679

Yeah, what a smart guy. Maybe they shouldn't have advertised all the things that we didn't get in the end then ...
And now they're wondering why we are disappointed! What a surprise!

Now if only they'd let me refund on GOG... I have been waiting over 9 days now.

refund requests are deducted from that number... sales figures were published for investors to get a bearing how it actually looks... and CDPR stock now goes up a bit..

All I can submit is the bugs that are currently affecting me the worst. I'll preface by noting that none of these are so bad that I am prevented from enjoying the game thoroughly, let alone playing it at all.

1. Setting bodies on the ground always makes me cringe, because about 20% of the time, it will react as though I'd just dropped it from a ten-story building, popping like a balloon and teleporting the body to some location up to 20 feet away. And, typically, killing the victim.

2. Surfaces that are anywhere between perfectly flat and perfectly vertical are death traps. The physics of the game cause the player to accelerate intensely, often careening them long distances, or making the game think they just hit the ground at 100 mph (killing them). This one right here has me saving my game every couple of minutes.

3. Enemies will occasionally gain the ability to see through walls with complete impunity, allowing them to discover bodies regardless of where I've put them, or the player character, no matter how many feet of concrete separate the two. Abusing save/reload is all I can to do average these events out.

Sure, there are all manner of quirks and oddities throughout the game, but these three are the ones I wrestle with all the time, making me feel as though playing the game is walking on eggshells.

The Senior Quest Designer retweeted an article saying that people had unrealistic expectations. So I am not going to expect this game to get the no man's sky treatment. Also I think it's naive to take CDPR for their word after the stunts they just pulled. Heck, they were even lying by saying the day 1 patch was going to turn it into a completely different game (and it didn't).

Their priority is and has always been about money. To stop the refund train they're going to only focus on bug fixes & performance to get their game back on the playstation store. They aren't going to improve the gameplay unless there were mass refunds.
I expect the game to still be a buggy mess even after the February patch, anyone who trusts CDPR that these patches are going to fix the game after they lied about the day 1 patch is naive.

People had to high expectations? Why is that, I wonder? Maybe because there were gameplay presentations and a social media team hyping the community on another level? You just can't hype the game and present it like they did and then make a statement afterwards that people had to high expectations.... well then stay humble the next time.

Regarding the upcoming content, I'm not going to speculate on that. I play the game, take different paths and have fun exploring the world and when it gets boring I'll put it aside and play something else until the game is fixed and there is new content.

IGN just posted Cyberpunk 2077 has sold over 13 million copies, even with refunds factored in.

Yep, but those 13 million copies make up a fraction of the billion dollars that's been wiped off the company, and it looks to be getting worse, with their own investors turning on them.

Top Bottom