Do NOT go into a bathroom and flush the toilet...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you never get into your bathroom... how are you gonna notice the three seashells?! I STILL NEED somebody to explain 'em to me...

But if you never get into your bathroom... how are you gonna notice the three seashells?! I STILL NEED somebody to explain 'em to me...

It's a running joke from Demolition Man that everyone understands them, they're obvious and how can't Stallone figure it out? Point being we're never told so we don't understand either and easily connect with his character this way. Doesn't work when you see it instantly as a trick, feels more like writer implying you're too stupid to get his writing, How I felt anyway.

It's a running joke from Demolition Man that everyone understands them, they're obvious and how can't Stallone figure it out? Point being we're never told so we don't understand either and easily connect with his character this way. Doesn't work when you see it instantly as a trick, feels more like writer implying you're too stupid to get his writing, How I felt anyway.

I know where it's from - That doesn't alleviate my confusion as to how you're supposed to use em :p If I would've been Sly... I wouldn't have moved an iiiiinch without them showing me how they work... confusing future is confusing.

It is however a really neat little writing thing, atleast in that movie! I did enjoy this game making me think about em again tho ;)

I know where it's from - That doesn't alleviate my confusion as to how you're supposed to use em :p If I would've been Sly... I wouldn't have moved an iiiiinch without them showing me how they work... confusing future is confusing.

It is however a really neat little writing thing, atleast in that movie! I did enjoy this game making me think about em again tho ;)

Official claim is writer just made it up. More popular claim is it's based on a joke that was popular in the eighties and having read it, does seem familiar.

Official claim is writer just made it up. More popular claim is it's based on a joke that was popular in the eighties and having read it, does seem familiar.

A joke, huh? "Three seeshells go into a bathroom..." :p I do wonder about the in-universe explanation... I mean... think about it! How... do they work :eek:

THINKING ABOUT IT COST ME MORE THAN A FEW NIGHTS OF SLEEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom