[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Meh, I think Johnny should be seen separate from the dissappointing endings.

I love to hate him. He is such an asshole and I hate what he is doing to V, but that actually is good writing imo.
Pretty similar to why I like Joffrey, Moff Gideon or Ramsey Bolton.

It's not that I hate him for being bad, I love Handsome Jack in Borderlands. He's mean, petty, childish he's everything hateful but he's amazing at it. You have to hate him, he's irredeemable.
Johnny is a spoiled fucking brat I want to slap and scream GROW THE FUCK UP. That's not good writing lol

I mor
I see where you're coming from, kind of like the Matrix, right? Classic cyberpunk story, and Neo dies at the end. Very gloomy, left the audience feeling down and shitty by the time the credits rolled.

Oh, wait, Neo is coming back for the new movie.

So maybe continuing the adventure of the main character is more important from a narrative and financial perspective than placating edgelords.

Pssst! Don't freak out, but Trinity is coming back too!
More like Blade Runner movie, where Roy fails to prolong his life and dies, and Rick gets a life of constant running and fear for his woman.
Post automatically merged:

Even if we pretend that this world offers only edge, why do we have to play some goon, who loses?

It's like being in the Witcher Universe and playing some Temerian peasant, because "Velen is 11 out of 10 cruel and some lowlife farmer failed to become something greater"

Edit: And like I said before. Keep everything as it is. Offer non-edgy endings to those who want them. I will gladly take these even if I go against the "canon-edgelord setting" with that.
Everyone is catered to. Win.
Don't you think you have more in common with temerian peasant than with legendary witcher?

Last edited:
JJ Abrams trilogy simply doesn't exist for me at all, i deny everything Dysney has done to SW.

Why not? Han got divorced from the princess and was murdered by his son, Luke went into sadness beard isolation because he fucked up his nephew, and Leia had to leave Republic government and lead a shittier version of the Rebellion because of the resurgence of space fascism. All three of them saw the ideals and promise of their youth squandered and destroyed, and went on to lead sad, isolated lives.

Seems like it should have been right up your alley.

Why not? Han got divorced from the princess and was murdered by his son, Luke went into sadness beard isolation because he fucked up his nephew, and Leia had to leave Republic government and lead a shittier version of the Rebellion because of the resurgence of space fascism. All three of them saw the ideals and promise of their youth squandered and destroyed, and went on to lead sad, isolated lives.

Nah, bad writing, logical holes and outright exploitation of fanbase for money. Disney is also megacorp.

Original Bladerunner had Rachel and Decker go off and live happily ever after. It was the director who retconned that.
And the final version was more world-fitting. Rachel died giving childbirth and Rick sacrificed everything to protect his child from vivisection by corps.

Nah, bad writing, logical holes and outright exploitation of fanbase for money. Disney is also megacorp.

And the final version was more world-fitting. Rachel died giving childbirth and Rick sacrificed everything to protect his child from vivisection by corps.

Original was made due to Philip K. Dick giving his blessing. Someone always thinks they're smarter than the writer/creator, sadly many believe the director is god.

I don't like sad endings in video games.

I play video games to escape shitty reality, not have my nose rubbed in it. If I want to feel like garbage I can just turn on the news, or look out my window.

I HOPE that the endings where V chooses to live out her final months are just a cliffhanger for continuing her story in DLC, and not some attempt at being edgy and dark. She lives in a cyberpunk world, there's no reason some super-scientist can't cure her - for a price.

JJ Abrams once said, "I will take my characters to Hell, but I won't leave them there."

If CDPR's intention is the leave V in Hell, then I will finally consider my purchase of this game to be a waste of money.

And beyond the story - this is an RPG. I don't build characters from the ground up over dozens or a hundred hours only to have that investment -- and it is an investment -- invalidated by game designers who want to be edgelords.

Perfect. 100% agree.

It's not that I hate him for being bad, I love Handsome Jack in Borderlands. He's mean, petty, childish he's everything hateful but he's amazing at it. You have to hate him, he's irredeemable.
Johnny is a spoiled fucking brat I want to slap and scream GROW THE FUCK UP. That's not good writing lol

I disagree. Exactly that reaction is good writing and comes pretty close to what I would say to a terrorist myself, lol.

Original was made due to Philip K. Dick giving his blessing. Someone always thinks they're smarter than the writer/creator, sadly many believe the director is god.
What does it matter? Okay, i understand that many people desperately want to escape from reality in happily hereafter, no matter how dark and cruel is the world. But this is all a lie. Sometimes there is simply no good ending, no matter how hard hero fought.
Wealth, glory, success, power are for young souls (no matter how old are their bodies). The real thing is to be nice to a friends and beloved ones, and spent whatever time you have left trying to be decent person.

Especially since it invalidated every achievement that was made in the OT. At the start of Ep. 7 we basically are back at Ep. 4.

Damn, it is just like Cyberpunk.

What does it matter? Okay, i understand that many people desperately want to escape from reality in happily hereafter, no matter how dark and cruel is the world. But this is all a lie. Sometimes there is simply no good ending, no matter how hard hero fought.
Wealth, glory, success, power are for young souls (no matter how old are their bodies). The real thing is to be nice to a friends and beloved ones, and spent whatever time you have left trying to be decent person.

Why does it matter if the movie stays true to the book? Why does it matter if some hack butchers original work??

The original ending was left ambiguous, is Decker a human or a replicant and I love that movie and the ending, it was perfect. Here in CP2077 every endings is kind of stupid, over explained or both. Writers. didn't stop when they should have and they stopped when they shouldn't have.

The original ending was left ambiguous, is Decker a human or a replicant and I love that movie and the ending, it was perfect. Here in CP2077 every endings is kind of stupid, over explained or both. Writers. didn't stop when they should have and they stopped when they shouldn't have.
True enough, the writing of CP77 is imperfect, no argument here

True enough, the writing of CP77 is imperfect, no argument here
What they frankly should have done with the supposed secret mission was to give player a timer in the missions, something like COD 4 plane mission, if you make it in time, Alt can remove Johnny without any side effects and V goes back to the city being merc, etc.

Why does it matter if the movie stays true to the book? Why does it matter if some hack butchers original work??

Movie is independent fiction, with no obligation to follow source to the letter.
And, as far as i know, Blade Runner ending survived so many cuts that it now basically has several endings). You pick the one with happily hereafter? Your call.

Movie is independent fiction, with no obligation to follow source to the letter.
And, as far as i know, Blade Runner ending survived so many cuts that it now basically has several endings). You pick the one with happily hereafter? Your call.
When even movie about dark Cyberpunk future has multiple, different taste endings, and the game doesn't, kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

What they frankly should have done with the supposed secret mission was to give player a timer in the missions, something like COD 4 plane mission, if you make it in time, Alt can remove Johnny without any side effects and V goes back to the city being merc, etc.

That's one way to handle this. Other people in this thread proposed some forms of "Johny-meter" mechanic, with side jobs to decrease/increase johny-metter and eventually to keep it low enough for Alt to remove Johny with no 6 months problem. I liked how Mass Effext 2 handled the suicide run.

Especially since it invalidated every achievement that was made in the OT. At the start of Ep. 7 we basically are back at Ep. 4.

Damn, it is just like Cyberpunk.

What achievements? Life goes on. The Empire was defeated, the New Republic founded. But life goes on. The sequels did not invalidate anything, they just continued telling a story, with previous characters making appearances (and obviously they had a life, but not a fairy-tale happy ever after life)...giving us possibly the best new characters of all trilogies...if only Rise of Skywalker had been a two-parter...

Buuuuuuuuuut talking about Star Wars only leads to suffering. I could go on and on about how the Prequels ruined Star Wars forever...but I prefer to just watch what Ilike now, and try to ignore the silly hate-train many SW fans have signed on to. Because I was long enough on my own SW hate train with the PT...it in the end is no fun at all.

Anyway. I better go back to sulking about Cyberpunk ... don't expect much SW talk from me, I only need to show from time to time that this Sequel-Hatred is not the only opinion among SW fans... :)

Nah, what they should have done, is make a completely different story. People already disliked how Witcher 3 portrays the main quest as a race against time, in Cyberpunk, they cranked that up to 5000.

Top Bottom