1.0.5 - impossible to win a fist fight

+
some of the spots can be glitched with a melee weapon [at least this one
] but most have firearms and melee weapons blocked and enemy need's one punch like on the linked video, punch, electrical dmg and V's out cold

it's very hard level but should those 'boxers' should be so powerfull to one punch the protagonist

I hear ya. I don't bother with melee, it's horrendous at this point. Tried it a few times and it just feels so thin. Hopefully they address it.

I laughed so hard, when one of the twins was able to hit me from 3 meter distance.
Like Monkey D. Luffy, or mrs. Elastic :DDDDD
Fist firght is so broken.

Fist fights (side jobs) are not easy at first, but I mastered it with few tricks and preparations, and it helped me to win the side storyline (boxing championship).

The first advice is to get few useful perks. I got the perk, that removes stamina cost for dodges, perk that increases the damage of punch series, and the perk that increases damage for each absent % of your health.

The second advice is to install gorilla arms implant. It will multiply your damage output twice or three times, and will make your charged attacks just devastating. Also it gives a bleeding chance, and this damage over time is very efficient as well.

The last advice - control your stamina! It is important. Eat a snack and have a drink before a fight to get useful buffs for stamina and health.

The last advice is learning enemy patterns and developing a strategy against them.

I'll describe how I won all fights. Minor spoilers ahead. I play the game on very hard difficulty.

For the first fight (against twins) I had no strategy. I just used generic fight moves like blocking, parrying and dodging. Probably you'll want to focus on the one of twins and try to put down one of them at first.

Cesar and Razor use the same tactics - devastating leap attack, but easy to dodge. provoke them for attack (stay at far distance), and when they leap into attack, dodge out of the way, then hit them in the back while they are recovering. Retreat, provoke them for attack again.

Veteran guy, Rhino and Bozo use charge attack, hard to dodge, but easy to interrupt. Stay far from them, they will start to run at you, charge and hold power punch and punch them to interrupt their charging into you. They will stagger and it is and opportunity for a series of hits. Be ready to dodge.

Rhino and Bozo have a chance to perform devastating leap attack. Be ready to dodge.

All enemies can do 180 turnaround punch, so don't be too greedy. Do three attacks and retreat.

When enemies perform series of attacks, the have very good tracking and move speed (despite animations they slide towards you as a magnet to iron slab). So dodge away from them constantly.

I've found parrying and blocking effective only in twins fight, in later fights I couldn't block all damage and even always received damage during successful parries.

That's it.

Last edited:
Fist fights (side jobs) are not easy at first, but I mastered it with few tricks and preparations, and it helped me to win the side storyline (boxing championship).

The first advice is to get few useful perks. I got the perk, that removes stamina cost for dodges, perk that increases the damage of punch series, and the perk that increases damage for each absent % of your health.

The second advice is to install gorilla arms implant. It will multiply your damage output twice or three times, and will make your charged attacks just devastating. Also it gives a bleeding chance, and this damage over time is very efficient as well.

The last advice - control your stamina! It is important. Eat a snack and have a drink before a fight to get useful buffs for stamina and health.

The last advice is learning enemy patterns and developing a strategy against them.

I'll describe how I won all fights. Minor spoilers ahead. I play the game on very hard difficulty.

For the first fight (against twins) I had no strategy. I just used generic fight moves like blocking, parrying and dodging. Probably you'll want to focus on the one of twins and try to put down one of them at first.

Cesar and Razor use the same tactics - devastating leap attack, but easy to dodge. provoke them for attack (stay at far distance), and when they leap into attack, dodge out of the way, then hit them in the back while they are recovering. Retreat, provoke them for attack again.

Veteran guy, Rhino and Bozo use charge attack, hard to dodge, but easy to interrupt. Stay far from them, they will start to run at you, charge and hold power punch and punch them to interrupt their charging into you. They will stagger and it is and opportunity for a series of hits. Be ready to dodge.

Rhino and Bozo have a chance to perform devastating leap attack. Be ready to dodge.

All enemies can do 180 turnaround punch, so don't be too greedy. Do three attacks and retreat.

When enemies perform series of attacks, the have very good tracking and move speed (despite animations they slide towards you as a magnet to iron slab). So dodge away from them constantly.

I've found parrying and blocking effective only in twins fight, in later fights I couldn't block all damage and even always received damage during successful parries.

That's it.

OK. I will try, but the probem here I think is how hard these fights are compared to combat with guns. I cant even beat the twins, the difficulty is insane. Even if I beat one twin to 10% HP he somehow recovers to 80% when I have to dodge the other twin. I get downed with 3 hits?

Nah, fist fights are truly have broken scaling, since it is obvious BS that you can't even block light attacks on hard without taking damage, or even PARRY attacks, you still get tons of damage. Just change difficulty to easy for fistfights, it seems it only was ever tested on it.

I beat The Twins, Cesar, Buck with my bare hand, use Gorilla Arm with Animals Knuckles against Rhino and Razor, didn't have much trouble though.

ah so that's the perks i am missing, still one punch hit is too much even on very hard as sometimes nps makes impossible turns and have impossible range.

thanks for tip's that might not be a bug after all but just a very hard quest ;-)
Post automatically merged:

yup just gorilla hands for all fights, still think those fights are bugged

Last edited:
I beat The Twins, Cesar, Buck with my bare hand, use Gorilla Arm with Animals Knuckles against Rhino and Razor, didn't have much trouble though.

yes, but the gorilla arms are 100K and I have only 120K, so spending all the money for something I don't use, idk dude
How many meele missions are there? Is it worth?

I went full Street Samurai with Reflexes and Body and only fighting related perks. I did the fights in my 40 to 50s with all relevant perks and gorilla arms on medium. I got 2 fights where I didn't even get hit.

What helps a lot is the Cyberware that gives you bullet time while dodging and the Cyberware that lets you activate 18 seconds of bullet time (legendary Cyberware may be locked by level and reputation). Together with gorilla arms you can stunlock your enemy for a few seconds and punch 10-20% life out of them. Then just get your block up, wait for attack and then dodge and trigger your bullet time. As soon as it kicks in, you land your next series of blows until the enemy can recover and block again. Repeat.

Just wait for them to attack first, when they are locked in their attack animationand you dodge out of the way, get in there and punch them 3-4 times, start with a heavy attack and then some punches.

I won vs Cyberpsycho Ellie and Leutnant Mower with 5 LvL with bare fists on Hard mode. The dodge is the best option, memorize the movement first and 2x dodge go back and then left or right. (Before the fight, drink first for buff, which is fast recovering stamina.)

Cyberware is overkill.

I don't know how people are defending this. It is ridiculous that you get knocked out by 2 hits that don't even have to connect with you and meanwhile the opponent takes like 100 power punches from legendary gorilla arms and still keeps standing.

I don't know how people are defending this. It is ridiculous that you get knocked out by 2 hits that don't even have to connect with you and meanwhile the opponent takes like 100 power punches from legendary gorilla arms and still keeps standing.
I don't defend it, is it that bad in 1.05? I finished all my fist fights in 1.04.

I don't defend it, is it that bad in 1.05? I finished all my fist fights in 1.04.

Yes. The only way I was able to win the last match was to have the cyberware that hits with 50% of enemy's total health when your hp drops below 15% , another shock thingy and used ~ 2500 dps baseball bat. Baseball bat did almost nothing and electric shocks were what won the fight.

I think the problem is that opponents scale ridiculously if you don't fight them early enough. Twins was OK fight for me. Took few punches, gave few punches. That was after about 5 hours into the game. Next time I tried fights was after 40 hours. Only opponent I could win after that legit was the Rhino (and that was just by stun locking her and the shocks). The guy with the sniper rifle had so much health that after the match when he attacked me, I had to shoot him 10+ times in the head with 1500dps revolver. before he went down.

Last edited:
After beating the twins (3rd try I think), I am like "that's all folks". not gonna do another fist fight.

Just change difficulty to easy for fistfights, it seems it only was ever tested on it.
Holy crap. Didn't even realize you can change difficulty in-game... Started from scratch to play on max difficulty... Oh well, at least I tried out a different backstory for the second playthrough.

Top Bottom